- Thiem bounces Nadal from Argentina Open clay-court event Updated: Feb-13-16 6:50 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Rising star Dominic Thiem of Austria has knocked former top-ranked Rafael Nadal out of the Argentina Open with a 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (4) victory over the defending champion on Saturday.
- Mediator: More progress in talks to resolve Argentina's debt Updated: Feb-12-16 3:47 pm
NEW YORK - A court-appointed mediator reported more progress Friday in efforts by Argentina to resolve a dispute with bondholders who claim they are owed about $10 billion by the financially strapped South American nation.
- Del Potro returning after wrist surgery, long layoff Updated: Feb-03-16 4:19 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Juan Martin del Potro says he will make a comeback from his latest injury this month at the Delray Beach Open.
- Boca Juniors ban for violence cut from 8 matches to 2 Updated: Feb-02-16 3:57 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Boca Juniors' ban for crowd violence last season in the Copa Libertadores tournament has been reduced from eight matches to two by South American soccer federation CONMEBOL.
- 5-year-old Afghan boy could get to meet Lionel Messi Updated: Feb-02-16 5:26 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - A 5-year-old Afghan boy who made a splash on the Internet by wearing a homemade Lionel Messi jersey might get the chance to meet the Barcelona great.
- Coach says Lionel Messi will skip Rio de Janeiro Olympics Updated: Feb-01-16 6:14 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Lionel Messi will skip the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in six months because his coach Gerardo Martino says he needs some rest.
- The Latest: Stoke signs $26m Imbula in winter's biggest deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - The Latest on European soccer transfer deadline day (all times local):
- Argentine president says debt talks slower than expected Updated: Jan-22-16 4:05 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentine President Mauricio Macri said Friday that talks to reach a fair agreement with holders of the country's unpaid bond debt may be slower than anticipated.
- Eco-warrior Tompkins' widow to deepen conservation work Updated: Jan-22-16 12:01 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - The widow of American conservationist Doug Tompkins, who died last month while kayaking in South America's Patagonia region, says she'll build on her husband's legacy of protecting threatened ecosystems in Argentina and Chile.
- US drops opposition to multilateral Argentine loans Updated: Jan-21-16 3:32 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The United States says it will no longer oppose lending to Argentina from multilateral banks.
- Dolphins go international for cheerleader tryouts Updated: Jan-21-16 3:02 pm
MIAMI - Get ready for a sideline Samba or a touchdown tango at Miami Dolphins home games next season.
- Lionel Messi's tax fraud trial conflicts with Copa America Updated: Jan-20-16 9:28 am
MADRID - Lionel Messi's tax fraud trial has been set for May 31-June 3, conflicting with the start of the centennial Copa America in the United States.
- Copa America draw to be held Feb 21 in New York Updated: Jan-19-16 11:23 am
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - The draw for this year's Copa America Centenario will be in New York on Feb. 21.
- Italy, Serbia, Philippines to host Olympic qualifying Updated: Jan-19-16 11:05 am
MIES, Switzerland - Italy, Serbia and the Philippines will host the three Olympic men's basketball qualifying tournaments in July.
- From caddie games to Sony Open winner for Fabian Gomez Updated: Jan-18-16 2:17 am
HONOLULU - Some of the toughest battles Fabian Gomez ever faced were with the other caddies he grew up with in Argentina.
- Gomez wins Sony Open in a playoff over Snedeker Updated: Jan-17-16 11:55 pm
HONOLULU - Whether he was playing money games with the other caddies in Argentina or playing mini-tours on his long road to the big leagues in golf, Fabian Gomez couldn't recall ever making seven straight birdies. He won't forget Sunday in the Sony Open.