- Marquez setting pace on march to MotoGP title Updated: Apr-18-14 1:54 pm
- Argentina considers crackdown on street protests Updated: Apr-17-14 5:04 pm
- Argentine zoo shows off white tiger triplets Updated: Apr-16-14 1:07 pm
- River Plate moves within a point of lead Updated: Apr-13-14 8:38 pm
- Argentine club named for Pope Francis opens play Updated: Apr-13-14 6:47 pm
- Velez leads Argentine clubs in Copa Libertadores Updated: Apr-11-14 3:42 pm
- Argentina hit by nationwide strike over inflation Updated: Apr-10-14 6:25 pm
- Nigeria better-placed than ever for a World Cup? Updated: Apr-10-14 6:09 am
- 5 Argentina players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:02 am
- Sabella's mission: Make Messi shine at World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:00 am
- Top 4 for Portugal, Colombia in FIFA rankings Updated: Apr-10-14 6:00 am
- Argentina faces Tevez dilemma ahead of World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 5:59 am
- Argentina is the big favorite in Group F Updated: Apr-10-14 5:57 am
- Argentine federal police stage major drug raids Updated: Apr-09-14 6:43 pm
- Colombia's World Cup hopes hinge on Falcao Updated: Apr-09-14 5:09 am
- Pekerman returns to World Cup with Colombia Updated: Apr-09-14 5:07 am
- Argentine court gives long terms for sex slavery Updated: Apr-08-14 4:08 pm
- Cue samba: Brazil's World Cup bound to be special Updated: Apr-08-14 4:26 am
- Argentine president, godmother to lesbians' baby Updated: Apr-04-14 6:59 pm
- Argentina: Violent attacks grow after lynching Updated: Apr-01-14 6:46 pm
- Populist Argentine government begins painful cuts Updated: Mar-27-14 6:58 pm
- Argentina cricket program targets slum poverty Updated: Mar-24-14 8:17 pm
- Miami, NY restaurant owner's body found in India Updated: Mar-22-14 4:50 pm
- FIFA, Argentina tax agency to curb transfer scams Updated: Mar-21-14 3:36 pm
- Germany to host Argentina after World Cup Updated: Mar-21-14 8:00 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Marc Marquez safely navigated the first turn of the Grand Prix of the Americas and quickly settled into 21 comfortable laps and his second consecutive victory of 2014.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's populist government is proposing a crackdown on street protests amid increasing unrest over the souring economy. The new rules dismayed many of its natural allies Thursday, who called it a worrisome retreat after a decade of permissive policing.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The Buenos Aires Zoo is showing off its latest brood of white tigers - Bengal triplets with piercing blue eyes and a playful attitude.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - River Plate defeated Atletico de Rafaela 2-0 on Sunday to move within a point of the lead in Argentina's first division.
LUJAN, Argentina - A new Argentine football team named after Pope Francis and meant to promote nonviolence has played it first official match in a regional league - a 2-2 draw that saw four players sent off.
SAO PAULO - Velez Sarsfield finished with the best record in the group stage of the Copa Libertadores, leading three other Argentine clubs into the second round.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A nationwide strike paralyzed Argentina's economy on Thursday, shutting down air, train and bus traffic, closing businesses and ports and emptying classrooms. The strike also stopped all non-emergency hospital attention, left garbage in emptied streets and complicated many other aspects of life in the South American nation.
Nigeria may be better-placed than ever to go far at the World Cup - if the problems posed by an overbearing football federation stay away.
With a squad packed full of talent from Europe's top clubs, Argentina is certainly one of the title contenders at this year's World Cup.
Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella's challenge at the World Cup is as simple as it is daunting: Make the world's best player play at his best.
ZURICH - Portugal rises to No. 3 in the latest FIFA rankings and fourth-ranked Colombia now leads the South American nations.
Argentina will be heading to the World Cup with the spotlight split between Lionel Messi and a player who's unlikely to make the cut.
Barring a major upset at the World Cup, Argentina will finish at the top of Group F and let the other three teams compete for second place.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's government made a huge show of force against drug trafficking on Wednesday, sending more than 3,000 federal agents to raid 82 more "bunkers" in and around the port city of Rosario, where the death toll is soaring from a bloody turf war.
BOGOTA, Colombia - There is one important question in the minds of Colombian fans as the nation prepares for its first World Cup in 16 years: Will Radamel Falcao be ready to play?
BOGOTA, Colombia - Jose Pekerman didn't have many friends or supporters in Colombia when he accepted the job as national coach in 2012.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A court in Argentina has handed down tough sentences of 10 to 22 years in prison to 10 defendants accused of kidnapping and forcing into prostitution a young woman whose disappearance raised global awareness about people trafficking.
Like sunshine and happiness or Lennon and McCartney, football and Brazil go together, each making the other better. So the first World Cup in Brazil in 64 years is bound to be special.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez has agreed to be the godmother of a lesbian couple's baby in a Roman Catholic cathedral.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A mob's killing of a man who stole a purse in Argentina has been followed by a string of similar attacks as people take justice into their own hands.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's cash-strapped government is cutting utility subsidies and trying to borrow for the first time in years as teachers, public health workers and other former allies take to the streets demanding pay raises to match some of the world's highest inflation.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Children living in a slum in Argentina's capital are playing cricket as part of an initiative to help them escape poverty and crime.
MIAMI - The founder of a popular Argentine restaurant in Miami and New York City was found dead in a river in India after jumping in to help a man struggling in the current, according to a statement Saturday from the restaurant group.
ZURICH - FIFA is working with Argentina's tax agency to help prevent international player transfer scams that avoid tax payments.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany will host Argentina in a friendly after the World Cup.