- Boca beats River 2-0 in Superclasico to top Argentine table Updated: May-03-15 9:27 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Substitutes Cristian Pavon and Pablo Perez scored in the last six minutes to lift Boca Juniors to a 2-0 win over bitter rival River Plate on Sunday in the "Superclasico," a victory that pushed Boca three points clear of River and San Lorenzo in the Argentine first division.
- Argentina's capital is world capital of bookstores Updated: May-01-15 12:50 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - All across Argentina's capital, lodged between the steakhouses, ice cream shops and pizzerias, is an abundance of something that is becoming scarce in many nations: bookstores.
- Argentine families expect pope to open dictatorship files Updated: Apr-30-15 5:01 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Family members of people forcibly "disappeared" during Argentina's 1976-83 military dictatorship are hoping Pope Francis will order the opening of files from the era.
- Ronaldo will get another chance to score at Sevilla Updated: Apr-30-15 7:21 am
MADRID - A seemingly frustrated Cristiano Ronaldo will get another chance to score some goals on Saturday at Sevilla.
- Boca to admit hooligans; Security now in question Updated: Apr-29-15 12:50 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A decision by Boca Juniors to allow one of its best-known hooligans to attend Sunday's match against Buenos Aires rival River Plate has prompted a top national government security official to say he will not provide policing for the game at La Bombonera Stadium.
- Uruguay urges ex-Guantanamo detainees to sign for housing Updated: Apr-27-15 7:38 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay's foreign minister said Monday that six former Guantanamo Bay detainees resettled here will be out of a house and off public assistance unless they agree to terms they have so far rejected, the latest in an increasingly public battle over who is financially responsible for the men and for how long.
- Former spy master flees Argentina amid threats Updated: Apr-23-15 12:31 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's most famous spy master has fled the country due to threats on his life and is not complying with a summons ordering him to testify Thursday in connection with the investigation into a 1994 terror bombing, his lawyer said.
- Armenian archbishop in Argentina proud of pope Updated: Apr-23-15 12:07 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The head of the Armenian Apostolic Church in Argentina says he is proud, but definitely not surprised, that his friend Pope Francis recently called the 1915 mass killing of Armenians in Turkey "genocide."
- Judge: Lawyers can seek facts about Argentina bond offering Updated: Apr-22-15 4:52 pm
NEW YORK - Lawyers for U.S. bondholders who are owed money by Argentina can seek information from banks and the republic about a new bond offering it has arranged, a judge said Wednesday.
- Argentina sues companies drilling off Falkland Islands Updated: Apr-21-15 2:34 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The Argentine government on Tuesday sued several energy companies that are drilling for oil near the Falkland Islands, the latest proxy fight in a longstanding dispute over the far-flung archipelago, though analysts say it will have little practical effect.
- It's Boca, River tied for first; meet next in Superclasico Updated: Apr-19-15 10:59 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Boca Juniors and River Plate both won Sunday to share the lead in Argentina's first division, setting up next weekend's match between the two bitter Buenos Aires rivals.
- A leading candidate in Argentina would overhaul economy Updated: Apr-16-15 5:43 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The man who could be Argentina's next president wants to put an end to tight government currency controls, make peace with the nation's creditors and improve severely frayed ties to the United States. In short, Mauricio Macri is promising to undo much of what President Cristina Fernandez and her late husband Nestor Kirchner created over the past 13 years.
- Argentina extends price controls seeking to curb inflation Updated: Apr-10-15 4:28 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's government is extending its price control program aimed at curbing high inflation.
- Argentine judge orders arrest warrant for Justin Bieber Updated: Apr-10-15 3:29 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine judge has issued an arrest warrant for Justin Bieber, saying the singer failed to respond to summons related to a 2013 incident in Buenos Aires.
- Argentina sues Citibank over recent agreement with holdouts Updated: Apr-08-15 6:35 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The Argentine government said Wednesday it was suing Citibank, the latest in an escalating proxy fight related to a legal battle over paying back the South American country's long-standing debt.
- Argentine player hit in the face by fan angry after loss Updated: Apr-06-15 12:16 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine player had to be treated for a cut near his eyebrow after being hit by an upset fan following his team's loss.