- Busta, Almagro reach Estoril Open quarterfinals Updated: Apr-28-16 12:13 pm
ESTORIL, Portugal - Eighth-seeded Pablo Carreno Busta of Spain reached his fourth clay-court quarterfinal of the year when he defeated Taro Daniel of Japan 6-4, 7-5 in the Estoril Open on Thursday.
- Soccer-crazy Argentina club offers fans an implantable chip Updated: Apr-27-16 8:57 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Fans in soccer-mad Argentina often chant: "I carry you inside me!" when talking about their favorite club. It might soon be more than just a slogan.
- US men's basketball set for 5-game pre-Olympic schedule Updated: Apr-25-16 12:36 pm
The U.S. Olympic men's basketball team will face Argentina and three other opponents during a five-game, five-city exhibition tour leading up to the Summer Games.
- Sunwolves claim 1st win in Super Rugby, Chiefs still top Updated: Apr-24-16 4:34 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Super Rugby snapped out of its mid-season torpor Saturday with a thrilling match between the first-placed Chiefs and third-placed Hurricanes that showcased the quality of the New Zealand conference.
- Argentina pays down much of its debt; US judge drops orders Updated: Apr-22-16 4:09 pm
NEW YORK - Argentina paid creditors on Friday who had refused debt restructurings after its record default, ending a long-standing legal dispute that returns the South American country to international credit markets after nearly 15 years.
- Argentina floods cause soy crop losses, force evacuations Updated: Apr-21-16 6:48 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Floods have swamped much of Argentina's soy crop, causing heavy losses to one of the world's top grains suppliers.
- Argentine gets 29-year ban for kicking rugby rival in head Updated: Apr-21-16 10:54 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine rugby player has been banned for 29 years for kicking an opponent in the head.
- Argentine foreign minister questioned on being next UN chief Updated: Apr-20-16 7:51 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Argentina's Foreign Minister Susanna Malcorra said Wednesday that whether she is nominated as a candidate to be the next secretary-general of the United Nations "is in the hands of my president."
- Argentine priest accused of sexually abusing 3-year-old girl Updated: Apr-20-16 4:02 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Prosecutors in Argentina are accusing a Roman Catholic priest of sexually abusing 3-year-old girl.
- Argentina returns to global markets with $16.5 billion bond Updated: Apr-19-16 6:10 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina has made a highly successful return to global credit markets with the launch of a $16.5 billion bond offering.
- Argentina returns to international credit markets Updated: Apr-18-16 6:09 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina on Monday returned to global bond markets for the first time in 15 years.
- 5 die after electronic music festival in Argentina Updated: Apr-16-16 6:18 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The second night of a major electronic music festival being held in Argentina's capital was canceled on Saturday following the deaths of at least five people of suspected drug overdoses. Another five festival-goers were in critical condition.
- Argentina's Macri sides with taxi drivers against Uber Updated: Apr-14-16 4:25 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentine President Mauricio Macri is siding with Buenos Aires taxi drivers in a dispute against Uber.
- Argentina's Macri sets up blind trust to clear his finances Updated: Apr-13-16 5:48 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentine President Mauricio Macri has set up a blind trust to handle his financial holdings in response to criticism over his role in two offshore companies that emerged in the "Panama Papers" leak.
- Ex-Argentine president in court in central bank fraud probe Updated: Apr-13-16 3:39 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Former Argentine President Cristina Fernandez proclaimed she was the victim of political persecution on Wednesday after appearing before a local judge in a state fraud investigation.
- On to Europe, where Lorenzo hopes to catch Marquez Updated: Apr-13-16 10:48 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Marc Marquez conquered the Americas again, riding his Repsol Honda to victory in two of the first three races of the MotoGP season - a strong start to reclaim the championship.
- Corruption probes close in on Argentina's Fernandez Updated: Apr-12-16 3:10 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Corruption allegations always swirled around former President Cristina Fernandez during her two terms in office, but they never stuck.
- Argentina's Fernandez gets hero's welcome before court date Updated: Apr-11-16 10:29 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Supporters of former President Cristina Fernandez gave her a hero's welcome Monday night at a Buenos Aires airport before she faces a court over her possible role in an alleged scheme to manipulate Argentina's currency.
- Peru markets rally as runoff vote dominated by conservatives Updated: Apr-11-16 7:28 pm
LIMA, Peru - Investors are celebrating the apparent elimination of a leftist candidate in Peru's presidential election as the country gears up for a tight June runoff between the daughter of jailed former President Alberto Fujimori and a conservative economist beloved by Wall Street.
- Jack Sock, Juan Monaco reach US Men's Clay Court final Updated: Apr-10-16 12:06 am
HOUSTON - Fourth-seeded defending champion Jack Sock beat top-seeded John Isner 7-6 (4), 6-3 on Saturday in an all-American semifinal in the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championship.
- Argentine prosecutor wants ex-leader probed for laundering Updated: Apr-09-16 6:15 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's state news agency is reporting that a federal prosecutor has asked that former President Cristina Fernandez be investigated in a money laundering probe.
- Argentina regains FIFA rankings lead from Belgium Updated: Apr-07-16 5:14 am
ZURICH - Argentina has regained the lead in FIFA's world rankings with South America's top teams surging after playing World Cup qualifying matches.
- Money-laundering case puts light on ex-Argentine president Updated: Apr-06-16 7:00 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A businessman with close ties to former Argentine President Cristina Fernandez refused to testify Wednesday in a money-laundering probe being closely watched as a test of the new administration's promise to crack down on corruption.
- Latin Jazz saxophonist Gato Barbieri dies at age 83 Updated: Apr-02-16 11:13 pm
NEW YORK - Latin Jazz saxophonist Leandro "Gato" Barbieri, who composed the Grammy-winning music for the steamy Marlon Brando film "Last Tango in Paris" and recorded dozens of albums over a career spanning more than seven decades, has died at age 83.
- The Latest: Obama says US-Russia nuke reductions will go on Updated: Apr-01-16 7:01 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the global nuclear security summit that President Barack Obama is hosting in Washington (all times local):