- Man United signs Argentina 'keeper Romero on free transfer Updated: Jul-27-15 4:39 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United has signed Argentina goalkeeper Sergio Romero to a three-year deal on a free transfer.
- Argentina revokes arrest warrant for Justin Bieber Updated: Jul-22-15 11:59 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A court in Argentina has revoked an arrest warrant that was issued for Justin Bieber for an alleged attack on a photographer in Buenos Aires in 2013, but the charges against him still stand, a court official said Wednesday.
- Brazil-Argentina US friendly canceled as FIFA probe fallout Updated: Jul-21-15 8:26 pm
SAO PAULO - A friendly between Brazil and Argentina planned in the United States in September has been canceled as part of the fallout from the investigation into alleged corruption involving FIFA.
- Conservative wins mayoral election in Argentina's capital Updated: Jul-19-15 9:01 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Conservative Horacio Rodriguez Larreta won Sunday's mayoral run-off election in Buenos Aires, in a closer race than his opposition party had hoped for in the capital ahead of presidential voting later this year.
- Davis Cup: Argentina finishes with 4-1 win over Serbia Updated: Jul-19-15 7:45 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Dusan Lajovic beat Diego Schwartzman 6-1, 6-4 to help Serbia avoid a clean sweep to Argentina in the Davis Cup quarterfinals on Sunday.
- Britain faces Australia, Argentina gets Belgium in Davis Cup Updated: Jul-19-15 6:47 pm
LONDON - A tearful Andy Murray celebrated taking Britain to its first Davis Cup semifinal for more than three decades on Sunday, sealing an emotional 3-1 victory over France to line up a home series against Australia.
- Argentina unveils Bolivia independence heroine statue Updated: Jul-15-15 8:20 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The presidents of Argentina and Bolivia have unveiled a statue of Bolivian war of independence heroine Juana Azurduy.
- Juventus sends Tevez to Boca, gets 4 players in return Updated: Jul-13-15 8:00 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus made Carlos Tevez's transfer to his hometown club Boca Juniors official on Monday, and announced it is getting options on four players in return.
- American gymnast shares secret: Argentine herbal tea 'mate' Updated: Jul-13-15 4:45 pm
TORONTO - American gymnast Sam Mikulak won his second gold medal in the Pan Am Games on Monday, and he's almost certain to be in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics a year from now contending for a medal.
- The Latest: Pope arriving at his final event in Paraguay Updated: Jul-12-15 5:12 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- Argentina takes FIFA rankings top spot from Germany Updated: Jul-09-15 4:18 am
ZURICH - Argentina takes top spot in the monthly FIFA rankings from World Cup winner Germany despite losing another tournament final.
- Juventus president: Tevez transfer to Boca nearly complete Updated: Jul-06-15 1:23 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has indicated that Carlos Tevez's expected transfer to Boca Juniors will be completed in "a few days."
- Big moves made, but dealing isn't done in NBA free agency Updated: Jul-06-15 10:17 am
LeBron James is available. Marc Gasol, too.
- Conservative Argentine candidate wins 1st round of election Updated: Jul-05-15 10:31 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A Buenos Aires mayoral candidate aligned with Argentina's top opposition presidential contender has won the first round of city elections.
- Pope Francis on home turf urges defense of poor and planet Updated: Jul-05-15 9:16 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Latin America's first pope returned to Spanish-speaking South America for the first time Sunday, stressing the need to protect the poor and the environment from exploitation and to foster dialogue among all sectors of society.
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering Updated: Jul-05-15 10:50 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America ended with Chile celebrating a long-awaited triumph and Argentina left wondering how much longer its title drought will last.
- Messi fails again with Argentina's national team Updated: Jul-04-15 10:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Lionel Messi has come up short again in his attempt to succeed with Argentina's national team.
- Chile beats Argentina 4-1 on penalties to win Copa America Updated: Jul-04-15 7:57 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The wait is finally over for Chile. The title drought has ended.
- Peru beats Paraguay 2-0 to finish 3rd in Copa America Updated: Jul-03-15 10:02 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Andre Carrillo and Paolo Guerrero each scored second-half goals to help Peru defeat Paraguay 2-0 in the third-place game at the Copa America on Friday.
- Sex performance at university causes scandal in Argentina Updated: Jul-02-15 6:03 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A sex performance at a university in Argentina's capital is causing an uproar.
- Pope brings 'church for the poor' to South America's poorest Updated: Jul-02-15 8:19 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis is taking his "church for the poor" to three of South America's poorest and most peripheral countries, making a grueling, week-long trip that will showcase the pope at his unpredictable best: speaking his native Spanish on his home turf about issues closest to his heart.
- Argentina recalls its financial crisis, advises Greece Updated: Jul-01-15 5:20 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - As Argentines closely watch the financial turmoil in Greece recalling their own worst crisis 14 years ago, the architect of the South American country's recovery has a message for the European nation: Renegotiate your debt.
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final Updated: Jun-30-15 11:21 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Lionel Messi helped set up five goals as Argentina trounced Paraguay 6-1 in the Copa America semifinals on Tuesday, setting up a final against host Chile.
- US opening market to Argentina, Brazil beef imports Updated: Jun-30-15 3:50 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina and Brazil are greeting news that they will soon be able to export fresh beef into the United States after a longtime ban.
- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-28-15 5:24 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America semifinals are again missing a local favorite.