- FIFA and CONMEBOL to audit Bolivia Football Federation Updated: Aug-26-15 4:36 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - CONMEBOL and FIFA will audit the finances of the Bolivian Football Federation, whose leader was jailed for alleged corruption, the president of South America's soccer confederation said on Wednesday.
- Peruvian Congress authorizes shooting down drug planes Updated: Aug-20-15 9:01 pm
LIMA, Peru - Peru's Congress voted unanimously Thursday to authorize military planes to shoot down suspected drug flights, which police say smuggle more than a ton of cocaine to Bolivia daily.
- Ex-owner of bankrupt Bolivian airline convicted in absentia Updated: Aug-18-15 4:31 pm
LA PAZ, Bolivia - A Bolivian judge has rendered a guilty verdict against the owner of the bankrupt Aerosur airline for illicit enrichment and sentenced him in absentia to five years in prison.
- Cultivation of coca leaf in Bolivia falls to 13-year low Updated: Aug-17-15 5:04 pm
LA PAZ, Bolivia - The United Nations said Monday that Bolivia's eradication of unauthorized crops dropped the Andean nation's area under coca cultivation by 11 percent last year and by one-third since 2010.
- Eradication spells misery for Peru's coca farmers Updated: Aug-17-15 1:56 pm
NUEVO CANAVERAL, Peru - Edma Duran uses a machete to salvage what leaves she can from the family's coca plot, which government workers have just destroyed in a record-breaking U.S.-backed eradication campaign that has affected roughly a half million Peruvians.
- Food and fashion: Bolivia fair celebrates llamas, alpacas Updated: Aug-17-15 12:44 pm
EL ALTO, Bolivia - It's a place where wool-gatherers come to dream.
- Sheriff: Calif. man sprays 'Idiot Rock' on Arizona landmark Updated: Aug-11-15 11:56 pm
PARKER, Arizona - A California man is accused of defacing an Arizona landmark and then posting a photo of the graffiti on his Facebook page.