- Brazilian club gets 12-match home ban for violence Updated: Dec-13-13 2:30 pm
- Italy selects seaside training base for World Cup Updated: Dec-13-13 12:26 pm
- Germans to build their base on coast for World Cup Updated: Dec-13-13 9:18 am
- WCup officials in Cuiaba say stadium will be ready Updated: Dec-12-13 9:27 pm
- Tribunal denies Vasco's request to annul match Updated: Dec-12-13 4:58 pm
- Brazil plane maker sells jets to American Airlines Updated: Dec-12-13 10:28 am
- Heavy rain causes chaos in Rio; at least 2 dead Updated: Dec-11-13 10:07 pm
- Argentina's Lanus wins Copa Sudamericana title Updated: Dec-11-13 9:05 pm
- Fluminense, Vasco seek loopholes to avoid drop Updated: Dec-11-13 8:11 pm
- Brazil gov't may backtrack on auto safety laws Updated: Dec-11-13 5:58 pm
- AutoZone sees 1st-quarter profits rise Updated: Dec-11-13 11:49 am
- Corinthians announces Menezes as coach for 2014 Updated: Dec-11-13 10:02 am
- Manaus: We'll "dazzle the world" at World Cup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:41 pm
- Brazil federation accepts some of players' demands Updated: Dec-10-13 5:40 pm
- Commission: ex-Brazilian president was murdered Updated: Dec-10-13 2:13 pm
- Fans request 1.1 million World Cup tickets in day Updated: Dec-09-13 8:48 pm
- Fans request 1.1 million World Cup tickets in day Updated: Dec-09-13 8:41 pm
- Earth's atmosphere to take beating at World Cup Updated: Dec-09-13 12:52 pm
- IOC to remind athletes against protests in Sochi Updated: Dec-09-13 5:43 am
- Defending Brazilian champion Fluminense relegated Updated: Dec-08-13 6:48 pm
- FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time Updated: Dec-07-13 11:42 pm
- FIFA switches start time for 7 World Cup games Updated: Dec-07-13 10:30 pm
- Olympic sailors disgusted by Rio's foul waters Updated: Dec-07-13 5:23 pm
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- Protesters hold 'fake' draw in Rio Updated: Dec-06-13 6:14 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazil's sports tribunal says Atletico Paranaense will have to play 12 matches away from home next year because of the fan violence that marked the final round of the Brazilian league on Sunday.
ROME - Italy's training base for the World Cup will be a seaside resort 100 kilometers (62 miles) west of Rio de Janeiro.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany will use a newly built World Cup base near Porto Seguro in the state of Bahia for next year's tournament in Brazil.
CUIABA, Brazil - Officials in the World Cup city of Cuiaba acknowledged Thursday they were running late but insisted the venue would be ready for the tournament in June.
SAO PAULO - Brazil's sports tribunal has denied Vasco da Gama's request to annul the match marked by fan violence in the final round of the Brazilian league.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian plane maker Embraer says American Airlines has placed a firm order for 60 E-175 passenger jets for an estimated $2.5 billion.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Torrential rains caused chaos and at least two deaths in Rio de Janeiro on Wednesday. Traffic was snarled, airports temporarily closed and commuter trains halted after flood waters engulfed many parts of the city.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentine club Lanus won its first international title by defeating Ponte Preta of Brazil 2-0 in the Copa Sudamericana final on Wednesday.
SAO PAULO - Fluminense could avoid relegation in the Brazilian league after a rival team used a suspended player in the final round last weekend, marking the latest chaos to hit football in the country hosting next year's World Cup.
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Brazilian government may delay "by one or two years" the implementation of a law requiring automakers to install frontal air bags and anti-lock braking systems in all new cars, the finance minister said Wednesday.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Even a small dip in temperatures can send many of America's 100 million motorists to the store for auto parts.
SAO PAULO - Corinthians says former Brazil coach Mano Menezes is returning to the team for the 2014 season.
MANAUS, Brazil - It's a good thing the mayor of World Cup city Manaus has a sense of humor. Because some of the stuff being said of late about this historic city deep in the heart of the Amazon jungle is laughable.
SAO PAULO - The Brazilian federation is making changes to its football calendar from 2015 in response to player demands, limiting the maximum number of matches a team can play in a month to seven and guaranteeing 30 days' vacation.
SAO PAULO - The Truth Commission of the city council of Brazil's biggest city said Tuesday that the car accident that killed former President Juscelino Kubitschek in 1976 was a setup ordered by the military regime that then ruled Latin America's biggest country.
SAO PAULO - FIFA said Monday that fans applied for more than 1.1 million tickets for the World Cup in Brazil in the first 24 hours after the latest sales phase opened.
SAO PAULO - FIFA said Monday that football fans applied for more than 1.1 million tickets for the World Cup in Brazil in the first 24 hours after the latest sales phase opened.
SALVADOR, Brazil - The World Cup may be great for planet soccer, but it isn't so good for planet Earth.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC is finalizing a letter to Olympic athletes reminding them to refrain from demonstrations or political gestures during the Winter Games in Sochi, including any protests against Russia's law banning gay "propaganda."
SAO PAULO - Fluminense became the first defending Brazilian league champion to be relegated to the second division on Sunday, and traditional Rio de Janeiro rival Vasco da Gama also was demoted.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA switched the scheduled kickoff times of seven World Cup matches on Saturday after meeting with broadcasters, having refused earlier requests made by the FIFPro union to protect players' health.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has switched the starting times of seven World Cup matches, including the U.S.-Portugal game on June 22 in the Amazonian jungle city of Manaus.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Olympic sailors on Saturday checked out the venue for the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro.
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
RIO DE JANEIRO - A small group of protesters gathered outside Rio's famous Maracana stadium - the site of next year's World Cup final - to criticize the cost of staging the event and accuse politicians and FIFA of profiting at the expense of Brazilian taxpayers.