- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe Updated: Nov-25-15 11:06 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - The whereabouts of the former president of Chile's soccer federation has been solved.
- Brazil, Argentina win to boost World Cup qualifying chances Updated: Nov-17-15 9:18 pm
SALVADOR, Brazil - Brazil revived its World Cup qualifying campaign with a 3-0 win over Peru on Tuesday.
- Chile bishop says he knew nothing of priest's sex abuse Updated: Nov-13-15 5:43 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - A bishop who has been defended by Pope Francis from critics who accuse him of covering up for Chile's most infamous pedophile priest said Friday that he had no knowledge of the man's sex abuse of young boys.
- Chilean soccer association president takes medical leave Updated: Nov-13-15 12:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The president of the Chilean soccer association is taking a 30-day medical leave, a decision that was announced shortly before the country's investigative police said authorities wanted to question him and other federation bosses.
- Review: Chilean miners film resorts too often to formula Updated: Nov-12-15 1:51 pm
Movies are forever trying to capture the essence of the human spirit, and by that measure, it's hard to imagine there was ever a story more tailor-made for the movies than the incredible 2010 Chilean mine rescue. If the details are hazy in your mind, just go to YouTube right now and watch the first miner reach the surface in that tiny capsule they built. We dare you not to cry.
- Chilean priest punished for sex abuse claims he is innocent Updated: Nov-11-15 8:55 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - A prominent priest who has been punished for sex abuse by the Vatican proclaimed his innocence in court Wednesday, testifying in a case that three of his alleged victims brought against Chile's Catholic Church.
- Ground broken in Chile for Giant Magellan Telescope Updated: Nov-11-15 8:02 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - A groundbreaking ceremony has been held in Chile for the Giant Magellan Telescope.
- 6.9-magnitude quake hits off Chile; no damage reported Updated: Nov-10-15 9:33 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - A strong earthquake has struck in the Pacific off central Chile, but authorities say there are no reports of injuries or serious damage.
- Napout: New president not enough to solve FIFA crisis Updated: Nov-07-15 4:52 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Electing a new president will not dig FIFA out of the worst crisis in its 111-year history, the head of South American football said on Saturday.
- Hopkins telescope to examine origins of the universe Updated: Nov-07-15 9:01 am
BALTIMORE - A journey to the beginning of the universe lurched forward Monday with a trek over just a few hundred feet.
- Chile: Poet Pablo Neruda might have been killed Updated: Nov-05-15 10:24 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chile's government is acknowledging that Nobel-prize winning poet Pablo Neruda might have been killed after the 1973 coup that brought Gen. Augusto Pinochet to power.
- Rolling Stones announce 2016 stadium tour of Latin America Updated: Nov-05-15 9:34 am
NEW YORK - The Rolling Stones are heading to Latin America.
- Peru Catholic society admits sex abuse probe against founder Updated: Oct-31-15 8:04 pm
LIMA, Peru - A secretive Roman Catholic society with chapters across South America and in the U.S. has revealed under pressure that a Vatican investigator is looking into allegations that its founder sexually molested young recruits.
- Chile: companies colluded illegally in toilet paper market Updated: Oct-29-15 4:16 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Two forestry companies colluded for more than a decade to control the prices of toilet paper and other products following a meeting at a golf course to end a price war, according to Chile's competitive practices regulator.
- Chile fines salmon company for environmental violations Updated: Oct-28-15 5:30 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chile's environmental regulator said Wednesday that it has imposed its biggest fine ever on a salmon-farming company.