- Police in Chile repel protesters with tear gas Updated: May-21-15 3:46 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chilean police launched water cannons and tear gas Thursday to repel protesters trying to get past a barrier as President Michelle Bachelet spoke to the nation about a constitutional reform that she hopes will help renew faith in the country's political class.
- Neruda Foundation demands Chile immediately rebury poet Updated: May-19-15 4:34 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chile's Neruda Foundation demanded on Tuesday that the remains of Nobel Prize-winning poet Pablo Neruda be reburied immediately.
- Teen who died after failed euthanasia plea buried in Chile Updated: May-16-15 4:59 pm
MELIPILLA, Chile - Hundreds of people gathered in a Chilean town Saturday at the funeral for a teenager who got international attention by going on YouTube to make an unsuccessful plea for permission to end her life.
- Chile: 2 people shot to death after student protest Updated: May-14-15 6:00 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chilean authorities say at least two people were shot to death after a student protest in the port city of Valparaiso.
- Chile's Valdivia suspended for calling referees 'thieves' Updated: May-11-15 8:14 pm
SAO PAULO - A Brazilian sports tribunal has suspended Chile playmaker Jorge Valdivia for two matches for calling referees "thieves."
- Chile's Bachelet names new Cabinet amid popularity crisis Updated: May-11-15 2:38 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chilean President Michelle Bachelet named a new Cabinet on Monday, hoping the changes will arrest the fall in her popularity ratings and overcome scandals that have rocked her administration.
- Hatch Valley farmers strive to protect chile brand Updated: May-11-15 1:19 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - The chile wars are heating up and Hatch Valley farmers are banding together to protect the heritage of a home-grown, must-have food.
- Sailing on land aboard Neruda's ship-like homes in Chile Updated: May-11-15 9:43 am
ISLA NEGRA, Chile - Brazilian tourist Cristiane Stekel stood next to Chilean poet Pablo Neruda's bed and looked out the window at rough ocean waves. The bed is positioned so that the sun rises at its head and sets at its foot.
- Calley back from state's 1st trade trip to Chile, Colombia Updated: May-10-15 11:34 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Lt. Gov. Brian Calley says leading the state's first trade mission to Chile and Colombia laid the foundation for future economic development opportunities and partnerships.
- A few dozen sei whales beached along south Chilean coast Updated: May-08-15 4:53 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chilean officials said Friday that a few dozen endangered sei whales have been found beached along the South American country's southern coast.
- Chile's Bachelet changes tack with new Cabinet amid crisis Updated: May-07-15 11:35 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - In shaking up her entire Cabinet, Chilean President Michelle Bachelet is trying to salvage an ambitious reform package amid growing scandals and contain a political crisis.
- Robinho called up for Brazil's Copa America squad Updated: May-05-15 11:44 am
SAO PAULO - Veteran striker Robinho was summoned by Brazil for the Copa America, while an injured Oscar was left out of the squad on Tuesday.
- Rainfall in area of Chile volcano could cause mudslides Updated: May-01-15 4:20 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Authorities in southern Chile say rain over the weekend could cause problems related to the Calbuco volcano's eruptions over the last week.
- Chileans brace for volcano's impact on livestock, farming Updated: Apr-28-15 8:19 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The eruption of Chile's Calbuco volcano threatens to cause widespread and lasting economic damage, turning cattle pastures barren and choking fish with volcanic ash in one of the world's top salmon-producing countries.
- Volcano still active, but Chile no longer fears major blast Updated: Apr-25-15 5:44 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Authorities downgraded the likelihood of a major eruption at the Calbuco volcano, although the mountain remained active Saturday and the ash clouds it already ejected caused cancelations of more airline flights.