- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final Updated: Jun-30-15 11:21 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Lionel Messi helped set up five goals as Argentina trounced Paraguay 6-1 in the Copa America semifinals on Tuesday, setting up a final against host Chile.
- Chile beats Peru 2-1 to reach Copa America final Updated: Jun-29-15 11:14 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Striker Eduardo Vargas scored twice to lead Chile to a 2-1 win over 10-man Peru in the semifinals of the Copa America on Monday, keeping alive the host's hopes of winning the South American tournament for the first time.
- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-28-15 5:24 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America semifinals are again missing a local favorite.
- Chile defender Jara banned for 3 games; out of Copa America Updated: Jun-28-15 5:21 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chilean defender Gonzalo Jara has been banned from the remainder of the Copa America for provoking Uruguay's Edinson Cavani in a quarterfinal match.
- Brazil faces uncertainty after another disappointing defeat Updated: Jun-28-15 10:33 am
SAO PAULO - It just keeps getting worse for Brazil's national team.
- Paraguay again eliminates Brazil in Copa America quarters Updated: Jun-28-15 12:14 am
CONCEPCION, Chile - Paraguay defeated Brazil 4-3 in a penalty shootout after a 1-1 draw on Saturday to advance to the semifinals of the Copa America, handing the five-time world champions yet another disappointment a year after the humiliating World Cup elimination at home.
- Argentina tops Colombia 5-4 in shootout, reaches Copa semis Updated: Jun-26-15 11:08 pm
VINA DEL MAR, Chile - After dominating regulation without scoring and squandering two chances to win a shootout, Argentina advanced past Colombia and will play Brazil or Paraguay next week in the Copa America semifinals.
- Guerrero scores 3 and Peru beats Bolivia 3-1 to reach semis Updated: Jun-25-15 10:11 pm
TEMUCO, Chile - A Paolo Guerrero hat trick led Peru to a 3-1 win against Bolivia on Thursday, securing a place in the semifinals of the Copa America.
- Jara being investigated for provoking Cavani at Copa America Updated: Jun-25-15 2:48 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - South American football officials will look into the actions of Chile defender Gonzalo Jara, who was caught on video poking Edinson Cavani's behind to provoke a red card in the Copa America quarterfinals.
- Host Chile beats Uruguay to reach Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-25-15 1:33 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chile's hopes of winning its home Copa America sharply improved with a 1-0 win over defending champion Uruguay on Wednesday.
- South American soccer body may use $10 million reserve fund Updated: Jun-23-15 9:04 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - South American football's governing body may be forced to use a $10 million reserve fund to pay expenses due to a cash-flow problem created by the FIFA bribery scandal.
- Neymar denies insulting referee after Copa America game Updated: Jun-23-15 12:08 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Brazil captain Neymar has denied insulting a referee after being sent off in the Copa America game against Colombia, calling the incident a mix-up.
- Chile authorities declare, then lift environmental emergency Updated: Jun-22-15 8:52 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Authorities in Chile's capital shut down hundreds of businesses and ordered hundreds of thousands of cars off the streets Monday as a gray carpet of smog caused an environmental emergency in the city hosting the Copa America soccer tournament.
- Messi vs. James again - now in Copa America quarterfinals Updated: Jun-22-15 2:36 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Lionel Messi and James Rodriguez are about to meet again. They've left their clubs behind - Barcelona and Real Madrid - and this time Messi is wearing Argentina's blue and white and Rodriguez the red, blue and yellow of Colombia.
- Neymar out of Copa America after Brazil accepts his ban Updated: Jun-22-15 10:17 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Neymar will play no further part in the Copa America after Brazil chose to accept the four-match suspension handed to its captain and star player following his red card in the group stage.
- Without Neymar, Brazil beats Venezuela 2-1 to reach last 8 Updated: Jun-21-15 10:08 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Playing without suspended star Neymar, Brazil defeated Venezuela 2-1 Sunday in its final group game to reach the Copa America quarterfinals.
- Peru draws with Colombia to reach Copa America quarterfinals Updated: Jun-21-15 9:14 pm
TEMUCO, Chile - Peru held Colombia to a 0-0 draw Sunday to secure a spot in the Copa America quarterfinals.
- Argentina beats Jamaica to finish 1st in Copa America group Updated: Jun-20-15 9:48 pm
VINA DEL MAR, Chile - Argentina defeated Jamaica 1-0 in Lionel Messi's 100th game with the national team on Saturday, securing first place in its Copa America group.
- Paraguay, Uruguay draw 1-1 and advance to Copa quarters Updated: Jun-20-15 5:33 pm
LA SERENA, Chile - Defending champion Uruguay and Paraguay drew 1-1 in their last group game and both advanced to the Copa America quarterfinals on Saturday.
- Strong earthquake in Chile, no known damage or injuries Updated: Jun-19-15 11:55 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - A strong earthquake was registered off the coast of southern Chile late Friday, but the country's National Emergency Office said there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
- Brazil's Neymar banned for rest of Copa America Updated: Jun-19-15 10:57 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Brazilian star Neymar was banned for the rest of the Copa America on Friday, stripping the tournament of one of its biggest stars.
- Chile routs Bolivia to finish 1st in its Copa America group Updated: Jun-19-15 10:57 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Charles Aranguiz scored twice and Alexis Sanchez added another goal on Friday to help Copa America host Chile defeat Bolivia 5-0 and advance from the group stage in first place.
- Mexico eliminated from Copa America in 2-1 loss to Ecuador Updated: Jun-19-15 9:23 pm
RANCAGUA, Chile - Mexico was eliminated from the Copa America with a 2-1 loss to Ecuador on Friday in the final Group A match in the Copa America.
- Peru defeats 10-man Venezuela 1-0 on Claudio Pizarro goal Updated: Jun-18-15 11:26 pm
VALPARAISO, Chile - A 72nd-minute goal by veteran striker Claudio Pizarro gave Peru a 1-0 victory over 10-man Venezuela on Thursday, leaving the four teams of Group C in the Copa America exactly even going into the last games of the round-robin stage.
- Neymar sent off as Colombia beats Brazil 1-0 in Copa America Updated: Jun-18-15 12:21 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Taking advantage of a bad night by Neymar, Colombia defeated Brazil 1-0 in the Copa America on Wednesday, keeping its quarterfinal hopes alive in the South American tournament.