- Future unsure for troubled New Mexico green chile production Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Green chiles have defined New Mexico for generations, gaining fans and fame around the globe.
- Symbol of dictatorship abuse, Chilean sees justice coming Updated: Jul-29-15 12:07 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Her scarred face long ago became a symbol of the atrocities committed during Chile's 1973-90 dictatorship led by Gen. Augusto Pinochet. Now Carmen Quintana finally feels justice is being done.
- Bayern Munich signs Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal Updated: Jul-28-15 12:55 pm
MUNICH - Bayern Munich completed the long-anticipated transfer of Chile midfielder Arturo Vidal from Italian champion Juventus on Tuesday.
- Teachers in Chile vote to end 7-week strike Updated: Jul-27-15 12:49 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Thousands of teachers in Chile are ending one of their longest strikes in decades, which protested a bill in Congress that would tie pay to performance.
- 10 former Chilean soldiers charged in Victor Jara killing Updated: Jul-23-15 4:43 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - A judge has charged 10 former soldiers in the killing of internationally renowned Chilean folk singer and political activist Victor Jara, who was tortured and shot to death just days after the country's 1973 coup.
- British American Tobacco is ending operations in Chile Updated: Jul-09-15 5:41 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - British American Tobacco is closing its operations in Chile because of changes to the country's tobacco law, the company announced Thursday.
- Palestinians summon ambassador for citing anti-Semitic text Updated: Jul-09-15 1:50 pm
JERUSALEM - The Palestinians have summoned their ambassador to Chile over a speech in which the diplomat cited from a notorious anti-Semitic text.
- Chile's Vidal avoids trial after deal in DUI, Ferrari crash Updated: Jul-08-15 11:05 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chile's star midfielder Arturo Vidal has reached a deal with prosecutors and will avoid trial after he crashed his Ferrari while driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering Updated: Jul-05-15 10:50 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America ended with Chile celebrating a long-awaited triumph and Argentina left wondering how much longer its title drought will last.
- Messi fails again with Argentina's national team Updated: Jul-04-15 10:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Lionel Messi has come up short again in his attempt to succeed with Argentina's national team.
- Chile beats Argentina 4-1 on penalties to win Copa America Updated: Jul-04-15 7:57 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The wait is finally over for Chile. The title drought has ended.
- AP Exclusive: CONMEBOL head says 'we need total change' Updated: Jul-04-15 4:59 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - CONMEBOL needs "total and absolute change," president Juan Angel Napout said on Saturday after it became engulfed in the FIFA corruption scandal.
- Peru beats Paraguay 2-0 to finish 3rd in Copa America Updated: Jul-03-15 10:02 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Andre Carrillo and Paolo Guerrero each scored second-half goals to help Peru defeat Paraguay 2-0 in the third-place game at the Copa America on Friday.
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final Updated: Jun-30-15 11:21 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Lionel Messi helped set up five goals as Argentina trounced Paraguay 6-1 in the Copa America semifinals on Tuesday, setting up a final against host Chile.