- High Colombian official urges courts to OK same-sex marriage Updated: Jun-28-15 9:59 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A top Cabinet minister on Sunday urged Colombia's courts to legalize same-sex marriage and support the right of such couples to adopt.
- UN envoy urges restraint amid standoff in Colombia Updated: Jun-28-15 5:25 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A United Nations envoy is urging restraint amid a tense standoff on the front lines of Colombia's conflict between security forces and farmers who expelled police allegedly under pressure from leftist rebels.
- Lloyd once nearly quit; the US team is sure glad she didn't Updated: Jun-28-15 4:17 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd's career is defined by big moments.
- Brazil faces uncertainty after another disappointing defeat Updated: Jun-28-15 10:33 am
SAO PAULO - It just keeps getting worse for Brazil's national team.
- Argentina tops Colombia 5-4 in shootout, reaches Copa semis Updated: Jun-26-15 11:08 pm
VINA DEL MAR, Chile - After dominating regulation without scoring and squandering two chances to win a shootout, Argentina advanced past Colombia and will play Brazil or Paraguay next week in the Copa America semifinals.
- Guerrero scores 3 and Peru beats Bolivia 3-1 to reach semis Updated: Jun-25-15 10:11 pm
TEMUCO, Chile - A Paolo Guerrero hat trick led Peru to a 3-1 win against Bolivia on Thursday, securing a place in the semifinals of the Copa America.
- Mother, baby rescued 4 days after Colombia plane crash Updated: Jun-25-15 6:04 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A Colombian woman who survived a plane crash with her months-old baby, drinking coconut water to stay alive, was rescued after four days lost in the jungle.
- Politician sentenced in killing of Colombian journalist Updated: Jun-25-15 5:59 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A Colombian court has sentenced a state legislator to 36 years and three months in prison as the mastermind behind the killing of a well-known journalist.
- US searching for offense heading into World Cup quarters Updated: Jun-24-15 5:33 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The United States is still looking for its offense at the Women's World Cup even though its stellar defense has it three wins from a title.
- Venezuela frees 2 opposition activists from jail Updated: Jun-24-15 2:46 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Venezuelan authorities have freed two student activists arrested during last year's anti-government protests.
- Report: Colombia generals go unpunished in civilian killings Updated: Jun-24-15 12:46 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Dozens of senior Colombian army officers implicated in the killing of 3,000 civilians falsely claimed to be rebels a decade ago have risen through the ranks and are escaping punishment for their roles in one of Latin America's worst atrocities, Human Rights Watch said Wednesday.
- US unseals indictments against leaders of Colombia drug gang Updated: Jun-23-15 6:43 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - U.S. prosecutors on Tuesday unsealed indictments against 17 alleged leaders of Colombia's largest cocaine-trafficking organization in a move seeking to shore up bilateral cooperation in the drug war.
- US-Colombia seen by 4.7 million on Fox Sports 1 Updated: Jun-23-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - The United States' second-round win over Colombia was the second-most-watched match of this Women's World Cup on U.S. television.
- Neymar denies insulting referee after Copa America game Updated: Jun-23-15 12:08 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Brazil captain Neymar has denied insulting a referee after being sent off in the Copa America game against Colombia, calling the incident a mix-up.
- Spain arrests Venezuelan for smuggling drugs in puppies Updated: Jun-23-15 8:11 am
MADRID - Spanish police have arrested a Venezuelan veterinarian wanted by the U.S. for allegedly trafficking heroin by implanting it in puppies.
- Morgan, Lloyd score in 2-0 US victory over Colombia Updated: Jun-23-15 12:20 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Now that Alex Morgan has a goal, she doesn't want to look back on the opportunities she's missed.
- 4 Colombian soldiers die when helicopter lands in minefield Updated: Jun-22-15 8:02 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Four Colombian soldiers were killed Monday when their helicopter landed in a minefield, the latest attack attributed to leftist rebels as both sides in the country's long-running conflict harden their positions amid languishing peace talks.
- Messi vs. James again - now in Copa America quarterfinals Updated: Jun-22-15 2:36 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Lionel Messi and James Rodriguez are about to meet again. They've left their clubs behind - Barcelona and Real Madrid - and this time Messi is wearing Argentina's blue and white and Rodriguez the red, blue and yellow of Colombia.
- Without Neymar, Brazil beats Venezuela 2-1 to reach last 8 Updated: Jun-21-15 10:08 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Playing without suspended star Neymar, Brazil defeated Venezuela 2-1 Sunday in its final group game to reach the Copa America quarterfinals.
- Peru draws with Colombia to reach Copa America quarterfinals Updated: Jun-21-15 9:14 pm
TEMUCO, Chile - Peru held Colombia to a 0-0 draw Sunday to secure a spot in the Copa America quarterfinals.
- Brazil's Neymar banned for rest of Copa America Updated: Jun-19-15 10:57 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Brazilian star Neymar was banned for the rest of the Copa America on Friday, stripping the tournament of one of its biggest stars.
- Peru defeats 10-man Venezuela 1-0 on Claudio Pizarro goal Updated: Jun-18-15 11:26 pm
VALPARAISO, Chile - A 72nd-minute goal by veteran striker Claudio Pizarro gave Peru a 1-0 victory over 10-man Venezuela on Thursday, leaving the four teams of Group C in the Copa America exactly even going into the last games of the round-robin stage.
- Neymar sent off as Colombia beats Brazil 1-0 in Copa America Updated: Jun-18-15 12:21 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - Taking advantage of a bad night by Neymar, Colombia defeated Brazil 1-0 in the Copa America on Wednesday, keeping its quarterfinal hopes alive in the South American tournament.
- England beats Colombia 2-1 to advance to knockout stage Updated: Jun-18-15 12:20 am
Karen Carney and Fara Williams scored first-half goals, and England beat Colombia 2-1 at Montreal on Wednesday to reach the knockout stage of the Women's World Cup.
- Neymar leads Brazil to late win over Peru in Copa America Updated: Jun-14-15 8:34 pm
TEMUCO, Chile - Neymar scored a goal and set up the injury-time winner for Douglas Costa, helping Brazil open its Copa America campaign with a 2-1 over Peru on Sunday.