- Miss Universe Paulina Vega refuses to give up her crown Updated: Jul-06-15 1:20 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - The reigning Miss Universe has refused to relinquish her crown despite a tide of condemnation following pageant owner Donald Trump's remarks on Mexican immigrants.
- Abby Wambach's World Cup finale comes with coveted trophy Updated: Jul-05-15 11:39 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Abby Wambach lifted American coach Jill Ellis after the final whistle. She ran to the stands for a hug from her wife. And then along with Christie Rampone, she became the first American to lift the Women's World Cup championship trophy in 16 years.
- The Latest: Pope makes surprise foray outside his residence Updated: Jul-05-15 9:44 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- Eventful Copa America puts an end to Chilean suffering Updated: Jul-05-15 10:50 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America ended with Chile celebrating a long-awaited triumph and Argentina left wondering how much longer its title drought will last.
- Right to die: Colombian man ends life with government backup Updated: Jul-04-15 8:14 am
BOGOTA, Colombia - Dr. Gustavo Quintana walks out of a modest, two-floor apartment building in southern Bogota. Inside his black doctor's bag are vials containing anesthesia and muscle relaxants, a syringe and a rubber tourniquet. The man known in Colombia as Dr. Death has just ended the life of his 234th patient: a middle-aged woman suffering from incurable stomach cancer.
- Wambach says she just wants to win her last World Cup Updated: Jul-04-15 12:39 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia. - With the title match looming, Abby Wambach isn't mincing words.
- Colombia president says rebels likely carried out bombings Updated: Jul-03-15 2:50 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - President Juan Manuel Santos said Friday that Colombia's second-largest rebel group is likely to blame for two bomb blasts in the capital that wounded 10 and rattled city residents who have become unaccustomed in recent years to such acts of violence.
- Colombia striker Falcao joins Chelsea on season-long loan Updated: Jul-03-15 9:05 am
LONDON - Radamel Falcao has clinched a deal to stay in the English Premier League at champion Chelsea on a season-long loan from Monaco despite a lackluster stint at Manchester United.
- Reigning Miss Universe rebukes Trump for his migrant remarks Updated: Jul-02-15 9:01 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - The reigning Miss Universe says Donald Trump, the beauty pageant's owner, was "hurtful and unfair" in his comments about Mexican migrants. But Paulina Vega of Colombia says she isn't giving up her crown.
- Some of the saddest own goals in soccer Updated: Jul-02-15 7:17 pm
Laura Bassett bent over, pulled her soccer jersey over her face and sobbed. Her teammates gathered around her, but nothing they said could make it better.
- US senator ends visit to Venezuela, urges moderation Updated: Jul-02-15 4:22 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - The chairman of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee wrapped up a trip to crisis-plagued Venezuela by warning the country is on a "destructive path" that could result in more suffering unless the socialist government adopts more moderate policies before congressional elections.
- UN says coca production jumped 44 percent in Colombia Updated: Jul-02-15 11:58 am
BOGOTA, Colombia - Cultivation of the leaf used to make cocaine skyrocketed last year in Colombia, according to a new study by the United Nations that is likely to raise questions about the government's decision to abandon a US-backed aerial eradication campaign.
- Colombian striker Martinez moves to Atletico Madrid Updated: Jul-01-15 6:06 am
- Ex-Colombian paramilitary leader sentenced on drug charges Updated: Jun-30-15 6:15 pm
WASHINGTON - A former Colombian paramilitary leader convicted of federal cocaine trafficking charges will serve nearly seven more years in a U.S. prison before he is returned to his country.
- High Colombian official urges courts to OK same-sex marriage Updated: Jun-28-15 9:59 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A top Cabinet minister on Sunday urged Colombia's courts to legalize same-sex marriage and support the right of such couples to adopt.
- UN envoy urges restraint amid standoff in Colombia Updated: Jun-28-15 5:25 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A United Nations envoy is urging restraint amid a tense standoff on the front lines of Colombia's conflict between security forces and farmers who expelled police allegedly under pressure from leftist rebels.
- Lloyd once nearly quit; the US team is sure glad she didn't Updated: Jun-28-15 4:17 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd's career is defined by big moments.
- Brazil faces uncertainty after another disappointing defeat Updated: Jun-28-15 10:33 am
SAO PAULO - It just keeps getting worse for Brazil's national team.
- Argentina tops Colombia 5-4 in shootout, reaches Copa semis Updated: Jun-26-15 11:08 pm
VINA DEL MAR, Chile - After dominating regulation without scoring and squandering two chances to win a shootout, Argentina advanced past Colombia and will play Brazil or Paraguay next week in the Copa America semifinals.
- Guerrero scores 3 and Peru beats Bolivia 3-1 to reach semis Updated: Jun-25-15 10:11 pm
TEMUCO, Chile - A Paolo Guerrero hat trick led Peru to a 3-1 win against Bolivia on Thursday, securing a place in the semifinals of the Copa America.
- Mother, baby rescued 4 days after Colombia plane crash Updated: Jun-25-15 6:04 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A Colombian woman who survived a plane crash with her months-old baby, drinking coconut water to stay alive, was rescued after four days lost in the jungle.
- Politician sentenced in killing of Colombian journalist Updated: Jun-25-15 5:59 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A Colombian court has sentenced a state legislator to 36 years and three months in prison as the mastermind behind the killing of a well-known journalist.
- US searching for offense heading into World Cup quarters Updated: Jun-24-15 5:33 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The United States is still looking for its offense at the Women's World Cup even though its stellar defense has it three wins from a title.
- Venezuela frees 2 opposition activists from jail Updated: Jun-24-15 2:46 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Venezuelan authorities have freed two student activists arrested during last year's anti-government protests.
- Report: Colombia generals go unpunished in civilian killings Updated: Jun-24-15 12:46 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Dozens of senior Colombian army officers implicated in the killing of 3,000 civilians falsely claimed to be rebels a decade ago have risen through the ranks and are escaping punishment for their roles in one of Latin America's worst atrocities, Human Rights Watch said Wednesday.