- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Colombian pleads not guilty on weapons charge Updated: Dec-05-13 2:55 pm
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- Looting ends as Argentine police strike resolved Updated: Dec-04-13 3:24 pm
- Obama touts economic, trade ties with Colombia Updated: Dec-03-13 2:05 pm
- Colombia peace talks renew with focus on drugs Updated: Nov-28-13 11:53 am
- Cocaine bust derails fledgling GOP congressman Updated: Nov-23-13 3:08 pm
- Famed ex-hostage runs for Colombia president Updated: Nov-22-13 12:52 pm
- Latin Grammys go on after green carpet rainout Updated: Nov-22-13 12:04 am
- AP photographer wins Gabriel Garcia Marquez award Updated: Nov-20-13 11:28 pm
- Colombian president says he will run again Updated: Nov-20-13 8:25 pm
- Rep. Radel had meteoric rise, but no stranger... Updated: Nov-20-13 1:51 pm
- 10-man Netherlands holds Colombia to 0-0 draw Updated: Nov-19-13 5:25 pm
- JFK death news sent 'wave of grief' around world Updated: Nov-17-13 2:11 pm
- Colombia beats Belgium 2-0 in exhibition game Updated: Nov-14-13 5:57 pm
- Colombia beats Belgium 2-0 in friendly Updated: Nov-14-13 5:39 pm
- Colombia: Rebel plot against Uribe Updated: Nov-12-13 3:23 pm
- JFK: So many recall where they were when news came Updated: Nov-11-13 4:50 pm
- Spain nabs fugitive Colombian drug gang leader Updated: Nov-10-13 10:37 am
- Colombia club shooting leaves 8 dead Updated: Nov-09-13 3:37 pm
- Ajax defender Veltman debuts in Netherlands squad Updated: Nov-08-13 9:24 am
- Political role for rebels in Colombia talks Updated: Nov-07-13 9:19 am
- Rebels, Colombia reach partial deal in peace talks Updated: Nov-06-13 7:53 pm
- Colombia says Russian bombers violated air space Updated: Nov-05-13 7:05 pm
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
DENVER - A Colombian national has pleaded not guilty in Denver federal court to a weapons charge after his arrest during raids on medical marijuana businesses.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A sit-in by police seeking pay raises in Argentina's second-largest city prompted hours of looting, robberies, injuries and vigilante mobs trying to protect their neighborhoods before the provincial government agreed to the officers' demands and peace returned to the streets Wednesday. Three deaths were reported amid the violence in Cordoba and a copycat effort to loot a store outside the nation's capital.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama congratulated Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Tuesday on taking bold steps toward peace in his country and praised a U.S.-Colombia trade agreement that has increased commerce between the two countries by 20 percent. Santos hailed relations between the two governments, noting that security and drug trafficking no longer dominate talks like in the past.
HAVANA - Colombian guerrillas and government negotiators have resumed peace talks in Havana with discussions turning to the country's entrenched drug trade.
FORT MYERS, Florida - From the outset, U.S. Rep. Trey Radel - a brash and digitally savvy darling of the political right - was determined to make a name for himself. And so he has.
BOGOTA, Colombia - A spokesman for Colombia's Green Party says famed former rebel hostage Ingrid Betancourt will seek to represent it in next year's presidential elections.
Undeterred by a torrential rainstorm that shut down the green carpet, the stars of Latin music gathered to award Carlos Vives three Latin Grammys including song of the year for "Volvi a Nacer" in Las Vegas.
MEDELLIN, Colombia - Associated Press photographer Esteban Felix on Wednesday won the journalist images category of the Gabriel Garcia Marquez International Journalism Award for his work on sugar cane workers affected by chronic kidney disease in Nicaragua.
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos says he will run for re-election.
NAPLES, Fla. - It was a leap into unknown territory.
AMSTERDAM - The Netherlands held Colombia to a 0-0 draw Tuesday despite playing for nearly an hour with 10 men after Jeremain Lens was sent off.
RUNNYMEDE, England - There is a quiet and somber feel to this small piece of America on an English hillside, near where the Magna Carta was sealed eight centuries ago.
BRUSSELS - Radamel Falcao and Victor Ibarbo scored to help Colombia beat Belgium 2-0 on Thursday in an exhibition game between top-five teams.
BRUSSELS - Radamel Falcao led Colombia to a 2-0 victory over Belgium in a friendly between top-five teams on Thursday.
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's defense minister says authorities have uncovered a plot by a unit of the country's main leftist rebel group to assassinate former President Alvaro Uribe.
They can still hear the voice that brought the news, breaking into a song on the car radio or disrupting a lesson over a school public address speaker. They remember the prayers offered up from sidewalks and sofas, some whispered and others wailed. They can still taste the tears.
MADRID - Spanish police say they have captured the fugitive leader of one of Colombia's most violent drug-smuggling gangs.
CALI, Colombia - Police say eight people have died and six are injured after a man entered a nightclub in the Colombian city of Cali and opened fire.
AMSTERDAM - Ajax defender Joel Veltman was rewarded for strong recent form with a first summons to the Netherlands squad on Friday.
BOGOTA, Colombia - President Juan Manuel Santos is hailing a partial agreement on a role in Colombian politics for the nation's largest rebel group as an unprecedented accomplishment after a year of peace talks.
HAVANA - Colombian government and rebel negotiators on Wednesday announced a partial agreement covering the guerrillas' participation in national politics if talks in Havana reach a final deal to end their decades-old armed conflict.
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's president says his government is sending a protest note to Russia over the violation of his country's air space by two long-range bombers on a flight from Venezuela to Nicaragua.