- Dexter chocolate-maker launches community supported program Updated: Jul-16-15 4:18 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Mindo Chocolate Makers, a small company producing artisanal and sustainable chocolate in Dexter, is offering a unique program the owners are calling "Community Supported Chocolate." For $150, participants in the CSC will receive three shares of Mindo chocolate products throughout the fall.
- Francis burnishes credentials on South America tour Updated: Jul-13-15 12:05 am
ASUNCION, Paraguay - On his weeklong swing through South America, Pope Francis burnished his credentials as a new kind of pontiff, issuing a searing apology to indigenous people for church crimes more than a half millennium old and even making a pit stop at a Burger King to change clothes and freshen up before celebrating Mass.
- Indigenous leaders complain of being left off pope's agenda Updated: Jul-07-15 11:44 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuador's largest indigenous association is complaining that it was left off of Pope Francis's agenda during his visit to Ecuador, where the group has been at odds with President Rafael Correa.
- The Latest: Pope makes surprise foray outside his residence Updated: Jul-05-15 9:44 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- Pope Francis on home turf urges defense of poor and planet Updated: Jul-05-15 9:16 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Latin America's first pope returned to Spanish-speaking South America for the first time Sunday, stressing the need to protect the poor and the environment from exploitation and to foster dialogue among all sectors of society.