- Official says Ecuador and Mexico talking about DNA bank Updated: May-13-15 10:52 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - A high-ranking Ecuadorean official said Wednesday his government is talking with Mexico about establishing a bank of DNA material from some of the migrants from his country who have disappeared trying to reach the U.S. illegally.
- Pope to visit notoriously violent Bolivia prison in SA trip Updated: May-08-15 10:53 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis will visit a notoriously violent prison in Bolivia, a flood-prone shanty town in Paraguay and a home for the elderly in Ecuador during his July 5-12 visit to South America.
- Ecuador leader halts motorcade to confront teenage critic Updated: May-07-15 5:23 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuador's President Rafael Correa isn't one to let a slight go unnoticed.
- Abandoned prison in Ecuador bears signs of past Updated: May-01-15 12:50 am
QUITO, Ecuador - Its cold walls are marked with words and colored murals, written and drawn over 139 years by prisoners ranging from chicken thieves to politicians. Rich and poor, good and bad, innocent and guilty, inmates used the walls to record their days living in this human storage facility known as the Garcia Moreno Prison.
- 2 dogs from Texas sniff out snails in Ecuador's Galapagos Updated: Apr-24-15 12:02 am
QUITO, Ecuador - When Darwin the Labrador retriever crashed out of a service dog program for people, conservationists found him a very different sort of job: sniffing out giant African land snails that are threatening crops on the most visited of Ecuador's Galapagos Islands.