- Hundreds gather in Cuba in frustration at Ecuador visa rule Updated: Nov-27-15 3:14 pm
HAVANA - Hundreds of angry Cubans confronted police and Ecuadoran embassy officials in an unusual display of public discontent on Friday after the surprise announcement of a new visa requirement aimed at choking off this year's historic overland emigration of Cubans across more than 3,000 miles (5,000 kilometers) of South and Central America to the U.S. border with Mexico.
- Ecuador to require Cubans to get entry visas Updated: Nov-26-15 7:08 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuador announced Thursday that it will begin requiring Cubans to get visas to enter beginning Tuesday, seeking to discourage the flow of migrants.
- Social media helps drive historic Cuban exodus to US Updated: Nov-23-15 11:09 pm
PENAS BLANCAS, Costa Rica - As summer began to bake the central Cuban city of Sancti Spiritus, Elio Alvarez and Lideisy Hernandez sold their tiny apartment and everything in it for $5,000 and joined the largest migration from their homeland in decades.
- Ecuador's President Correa may skip 2017 re-election bid Updated: Nov-19-15 6:23 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa is praising loyalists who dominate the national assembly for backing his proposal to amend the constitution so he can't seek re-election in 2017.
- Brazil, Argentina win to boost World Cup qualifying chances Updated: Nov-17-15 9:18 pm
SALVADOR, Brazil - Brazil revived its World Cup qualifying campaign with a 3-0 win over Peru on Tuesday.
- Cuban couple traveled long, treacherous route to Hastings Updated: Nov-01-15 10:42 am
HASTINGS, Nebraska - For most people, 10 countries in a little over six weeks sounds like a dream vacation.