- Exxon Mobil says oil discovery off Guyana is 'significant' Updated: May-20-15 4:55 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Exxon Mobil Corp. confirmed Wednesday that it has made what it calls a "significant" oil discovery off Guyana in waters also claimed by Venezuela as part of a long-running border dispute between the South American countries.
- Open-pit gold mine collapse in Guyana traps 10 miners Updated: May-18-15 11:37 am
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - An open-pit gold mine in remote southern Guyana has collapsed and buried up to 10 miners in debris.
- Guyana swears in new president who ended foes' 23-year rule Updated: May-16-15 4:29 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - A retired army general was sworn in Saturday as Guyana's new president after his multi-ethnic opposition coalition won the South American country's general elections and ended a 23-year reign by the People's Progressive Party.
- Guyana opposition vote count shows victory over ruling party Updated: May-12-15 8:04 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - An opposition coalition challenging the governing party and the racial politics that have long dominated in Guyana said Tuesday it appeared to have won national elections, though official results had not been released.
- Jimmy Carter back on schedule after early end to Guyana trip Updated: May-12-15 5:13 pm
ATLANTA - Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter says he's feeling fine after cutting short an election observation visit in Guyana at the advice of his doctors.
- Ex-President Carter says 'bad cold' shortened Guyana trip Updated: May-11-15 1:14 pm
ATLANTA - Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter has made his first public appearance since cutting short an election observation visit in Guyana.
- Feeling unwell, Jimmy Carter cuts short Guyana visit Updated: May-10-15 2:26 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Carter Center officials say former U.S. President Jimmy Carter has cut short an election observation visit in Guyana due to health reasons.
- Guyana officials search for missing German boater Updated: Apr-23-15 4:28 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - An empty catamaran has washed ashore in this South American country, and Guyanese authorities said Thursday they believe it belongs to a missing German sailor.