- Paraguay midfielder Gonzalez joins Dynamo Kiev from FC Basel Updated: Jul-30-15 5:29 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Swiss champion FC Basel says Paraguay midfielder Derlis Gonzalez has joined Dynamo Kiev.
- CONMEBOL outlines reforms after FIFA bribery scandal Updated: Jul-29-15 6:57 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - The CONMEBOL soccer body will begin publishing the salary of its president and executive council members after being plunged into crisis by the FIFA bribery scandal.
- US seeks extradition of Paraguayan soccer official Updated: Jul-23-15 11:12 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - U.S. prosecutors in New York have asked Paraguay to extradite Nicolas Leoz, the former president of South America's soccer confederation and one of those charged in a corruption scandal being investigated by the U.S. Justice Department.
- Brazilian club Palmeiras signs Paraguayan striker Barrios Updated: Jul-16-15 1:06 pm
SAO PAULO - Paraguayan striker Lucas Barrios has been officially introduced to Palmeiras fans after signing a three-year contract with the Brazilian club.
- Francis burnishes credentials on South America tour Updated: Jul-13-15 12:05 am
ASUNCION, Paraguay - On his weeklong swing through South America, Pope Francis burnished his credentials as a new kind of pontiff, issuing a searing apology to indigenous people for church crimes more than a half millennium old and even making a pit stop at a Burger King to change clothes and freshen up before celebrating Mass.
- The Latest: Pope arriving at his final event in Paraguay Updated: Jul-12-15 5:12 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- Pope praises Jesuit missions in Paraguay after apology Updated: Jul-11-15 8:47 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - Pope Francis is balancing out his apology for the crimes the Catholic Church committed against indigenous during the colonial-era conquest of the Americas with high praise for the Jesuit missions in Paraguay that brought Christianity and European-style education and economic organization to the natives.
- Pope to celebrate Mass in Paraguayan town devoted to virgin Updated: Jul-09-15 12:05 am
CAACUPE, Paraguay - Few countries are as devoutly Catholic as Paraguay, and no place in this South American nation means more to believers than the shrine of the Virgin of Miracles in Caacupe, where Pope Francis is to celebrate Mass on Saturday.
- The Latest: Pope makes surprise foray outside his residence Updated: Jul-05-15 9:44 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- Pope Francis on home turf urges defense of poor and planet Updated: Jul-05-15 9:16 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Latin America's first pope returned to Spanish-speaking South America for the first time Sunday, stressing the need to protect the poor and the environment from exploitation and to foster dialogue among all sectors of society.