- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 Updated: Mar-09-14 11:56 pm
- Here comes El Nino; good news for US weather woes Updated: Mar-06-14 3:05 pm
- Protests roil Peruvian tourist region of Cuzco Updated: Feb-26-14 11:29 pm
- Founder of Liberation Theology hailed at Vatican Updated: Feb-25-14 5:56 pm
- Internet a crucial Venezuela battleground Updated: Feb-21-14 10:11 pm
- Latin American athletes seek place in Winter Games Updated: Feb-21-14 3:21 pm
- Twitter reports image blocking in Venezuela Updated: Feb-14-14 11:01 pm
- Peruvian cross-country skier celebrates last place Updated: Feb-14-14 4:22 pm
LIMA, Peru - Peru's government says that once Dutch citizen Joran van der Sloot completes his murder conviction in 2038, he will be extradited to the United States to face trial on charges he extorted and defrauded the mother of a young American woman for whose disappearance he is the chief suspect.
WASHINGTON - Relief may be on the way for a weather-weary United States with the predicted warming of the central Pacific Ocean brewing this year that will likely change weather worldwide. But it won't be for the better everywhere.
LIMA, Peru - Clashes between Peruvian police and hundreds of protesters in the tourist region of Cuzco have left at least five people injured.
VATICAN CITY - The founder of liberation theology, the Latin American-inspired Catholic theology advocating for the poor, received a hero's welcome Tuesday at the Vatican as the once-criticized movement continues its rehabilitation under Pope Francis.
SAN CRISTOBAL, Venezuela - The battle for Venezuela is being fought as vigorously online as in the streets, with Internet service cut off to a strife-torn university city and the government blocking selected websites and a "walkie-talkie" service widely used by protesters.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Latin American countries made their debut in the winter edition of the Olympics at the 1928 Games in St. Moritz, where Argentina finished fourth in the five-man bobsled.
LIMA, Peru - Twitter said Friday that Venezuela had blocked images on its service following an anti-government protest that turned bloody, and it offered a workaround for users who want to get tweets via text message on their cellphones.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Roberto Carcelen skied over to the fans beside the course, grabbed a Peruvian flag and waved it at the crowd as he came down the final straight toward the finish line.