- Pele says Neymar can handle World Cup pressure Updated: Mar-10-14 9:21 am
- Austria, Uruguay draw 1-1 in World Cup warm-up Updated: Mar-05-14 5:21 pm
- FIFA punishes 5 SAmerican clubs for illegal deals Updated: Mar-05-14 2:26 pm
- Austria's Hosiner bypassed for Uruguay game Updated: Feb-25-14 7:44 am
- Uruguayan artist Carlos Paez Vilaro dies at 90 Updated: Feb-24-14 1:17 pm
- US drug policy fuels push for legal pot worldwide Updated: Feb-15-14 9:29 am
PARIS - Pele is counting on Neymar to lead Brazil to World Cup victory and erase the painful memory of the last time the football-mad country hosted the tournament.
KLAGENFURT, Austria - Midfielder Alvaro Pereira scored a second-half equalizer to help Uruguay draw 1-1 with Austria in the South Americans' World Cup warmup game on Wednesday.
ZURICH - FIFA has sanctioned five clubs from Argentina and Uruguay for illegal international player transfers.
VIENNA - Austria striker Philipp Hosiner has been left out of the national team for next week's friendly against World Cup competitor Uruguay.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Carlos Paez Vilaro, a self-trained painter, sculptor, screenwriter, musician and architect who championed Afro-Uruguayan Candombe music and dance, created colorful murals in dozens of cities around the world, and built a huge "living sculpture" that became an iconic 50-room hotel, died on Monday. He was 90.
In a former colonial mansion in Jamaica, politicians huddle to discuss trying to ease marijuana laws in the land of the late reggae musician and cannabis evangelist Bob Marley. In Morocco, one of the world's top producers of the concentrated pot known as hashish, two leading political parties want to legalize its cultivation, at least for medical and industrial use.