- Uruguay's leader declares $322,883 in wealth Updated: Apr-15-14 11:38 pm
- Obama plans to host Uruguay's president next month Updated: Apr-14-14 4:42 pm
- 5 Ghana players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:51 am
- Uruguay: The small country nobody wants to face Updated: Apr-09-14 5:21 am
- Costa Rica coach Pinto is a student of the game Updated: Apr-09-14 5:21 am
- Uruguay led by Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani Updated: Apr-09-14 5:20 am
- 'El Maestro' Tabarez leads Uruguay at World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:18 am
- Italy, England and Uruguay lead group of champions Updated: Apr-09-14 5:17 am
- Uruguay to give medicinal marijuana to prisoners Updated: Apr-08-14 5:31 pm
- AP Interview: Pele ready for World Cup in Brazil Updated: Apr-03-14 2:26 pm
- Mujica agrees to restore police protection Updated: Apr-01-14 8:17 pm
- Uruguay soccer leaders quit in fan violence crisis Updated: Mar-31-14 4:04 pm
- US beats Uruguay 32-13 to qualify for Rugby WCup Updated: Mar-29-14 6:58 pm
- Mujica: Guantanamo detainees could leave Uruguay Updated: Mar-24-14 2:11 pm
- Uruguay leader open to Guantanamo detainees Updated: Mar-20-14 6:24 pm
- Uruguay's Mujica: big abroad, questioned at home Updated: Mar-18-14 7:10 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguayan President Jose Mujica has declared $322,883 in wealth.
WASHINGTON - The White House says Uruguay's president is planning to visit next month.
ACCRA, Ghana - Michael Essien and Kevin-Prince Boateng are both returning after extended breaks from international football to play for Ghana at the World Cup, and Andre Ayew is also likely to be one of the country's pivotal players in Brazil.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Diego Forlan recorded a television commercial recently wearing a T-shirt that read: "We're not the favorites, nor will we be a surprise. We are the team that no one wants to draw."
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Costa Rica coach Jorge Luis Pinto will need every bit of his tactical know-how if he is to lead the Central American nation out of Group D at the World Cup, where the team will play Italy, England and Uruguay.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Although Uruguay is a small country with only 3.2 million people, it has produced some big talent.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - To say that Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez has been around would be an understatement.
ROME - With three former champions in Italy, England and Uruguay, plus unpredictable Costa Rica, Group D could be the World Cup's toughest.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Prisoners in the jails of Uruguay will be able to use marijuana if a doctor says it will benefit their health.
NEW YORK - Pele's family doesn't call him by his nickname. They don't even call him by his given name, Edson Arantes do Nascimento.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay President Jose Mujica has agreed to restore police protection to domestic football matches, provided clubs sign a FIFA agreement that deducts points from those involved in hooligan violence.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguayan soccer has lost its leadership with little more than two months left before the World Cup.
KENNESAW, Georgia - The sun came out, the United States kicked into another gear, and weary Uruguay couldn't keep up.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay's president says any Guantanamo detainees his country takes will be treated as refugees and will be free to travel wherever they wish, even if they have promised the United States that they'll stay in the South American country for at least two years.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay's president indicated Thursday he's open to taking some former terror suspects still held at Guantanamo Bay, but the U.S. ambassador in the country cautioned that no agreement has been reached.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguayan President Jose Mujica's cantankerous personality, homespun oratory and simple ways have made him wildly popular abroad.