- Spain summons Venezuelan ambassador over president's remarks Updated: Jul-28-15 4:27 am
MADRID - The Spanish foreign ministry has summoned the Venezuelan ambassador to once again protest comments by Venezuela's president against Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy.
- Venezuela arrests 2 military officers for drug trafficking Updated: Jul-21-15 9:49 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Two retired Venezuelan military officers sought on drug trafficking charges have been arrested, authorities announced.
- Venezuela orders producers to divert food to state stores Updated: Jul-20-15 9:43 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A food industry group said Monday that Venezuela's government has ordered companies to distribute food staples to a network of state-run supermarkets amid chronic shortages of basic goods.
- Women's baseball makes history with debut at Pan Am Games Updated: Jul-20-15 7:35 pm
TORONTO - Women's baseball made history Monday at the Pan Am Games, the first time it's been played in a large, multi-sport event.
- AP Exclusive: Palestinians quit medical study in Venezuela Updated: Jul-16-15 8:10 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - The Palestinian students were greeted like celebrities upon arrival in Caracas. President Nicolas Maduro wore a kaffiyeh headdress and played up their symbolic importance during an address broadcast across the socialist South American country.
- Venezuela bars opposition leader from holding office Updated: Jul-14-15 10:10 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - One of Venezuela's most prominent opposition leaders announced Tuesday that she had been barred from holding public office as a critical election looms.
- Venezuela: Anti-crime offensive kills 14 suspects in Caracas Updated: Jul-13-15 11:43 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan officials say an offensive against criminal organizations in the capital has killed 14 suspects and brought 236 arrests over the past two days.
- Venezuela to stop buying rice from Guyana amid dispute Updated: Jul-09-15 5:56 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Venezuela has decided to stop buying much of Guyana's rice crop amid an escalating border dispute between the South American neighbors, the Guyanese finance minister said Thursday.
- Venezuela recalls ambassador in Guyana amid border dispute Updated: Jul-06-15 10:22 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Nicolas Maduro announced Monday that he was recalling Venezuela's ambassador in neighboring Guyana for consultation amid mounting tensions over their disputed border.
- The Latest: Pope makes surprise foray outside his residence Updated: Jul-05-15 9:44 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- UN leader offers assistance in Guyana-Venezuela dispute Updated: Jul-03-15 4:08 pm
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday offered assistance to resolve an escalating border dispute between Guyana and Venezuela.
- Spain to ask Venezuela to extradite wanted ETA member Updated: Jul-03-15 9:43 am
MADRID - The Spanish government says it will ask Venezuela to extradite a convicted member of the armed Basque group ETA.
- US senator ends visit to Venezuela, urges moderation Updated: Jul-02-15 4:22 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - The chairman of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee wrapped up a trip to crisis-plagued Venezuela by warning the country is on a "destructive path" that could result in more suffering unless the socialist government adopts more moderate policies before congressional elections.
- US senator on visit to Venezuela amid diplomatic detente Updated: Jun-30-15 5:55 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The Republican chairman of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee is making a surprise visit to Venezuela amid a U.S. effort to reduce tensions with the South American nation.
- Venezuelan struggling socialists hold legislative primaries Updated: Jun-29-15 9:39 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - Members of Venezuela's ruling socialist party selected candidates to compete in December's legislative elections that the opposition is favored to win amid a punishing economic crisis that is eroding support for President Nicolas Maduro.