- Protest stymied after Venezuelan diplomatic win Updated: Mar-08-14 7:14 pm
- El Salvador's ex-rebel poised to win presidency Updated: Mar-08-14 12:06 am
- Venezuelan middle class seeks refuge in Miami Updated: Mar-07-14 3:50 pm
- UN experts demand answers about Venezuela violence Updated: Mar-06-14 2:34 pm
- Venezuelans mourn Chavez but protests don't break Updated: Mar-05-14 10:49 pm
- Honduras beats Venezuela 2-1 in friendly Updated: Mar-05-14 10:24 pm
- Venezuela's Chavez everywhere a year after death Updated: Mar-04-14 9:05 pm
- No Oscars show for broadcast TV in Venezuela Updated: Mar-03-14 12:28 am
- Venezuelan opposition marches to keep up momentum Updated: Mar-02-14 10:12 pm
- Chavez cult no match for Venezuela's crisis Updated: Mar-02-14 1:55 pm
- UN chief to meet Venezuela's foreign minister Updated: Mar-01-14 11:11 pm
- Brewers' Rodriguez exits Venezuela, gets to camp Updated: Mar-01-14 7:54 pm
- Venezuelans hold more rallies in South Fla. Updated: Mar-01-14 11:04 am
- Venezuela opposition struggles to expand appeal Updated: Feb-27-14 6:46 pm
- Ex-President Carter planning trip to Venezuela Updated: Feb-25-14 8:10 pm
- US expelling 3 Venezuelan diplomats Updated: Feb-25-14 5:09 pm
- University of Miami holds forum on Venezuela Updated: Feb-24-14 5:49 am
- Ex-Venezuelan general in armed standoff at home Updated: Feb-23-14 10:11 pm
- US Sen. Marco Rubio helps inaugurate Cuba memorial Updated: Feb-23-14 4:40 pm
- Thousands rally across Fla. for Venezuela Updated: Feb-23-14 1:05 pm
- Venezuelans in MLB have their minds back home Updated: Feb-22-14 6:38 pm
- Venezuelan voices on the troubles in their country Updated: Feb-22-14 6:31 pm
- Fla Venezuelans keep spotlight on native country Updated: Feb-22-14 3:43 pm
- Marlins' Alvarez brings wife, child from Venezuela Updated: Feb-22-14 1:42 pm
- Bobby Abreu wants to play ball - again Updated: Feb-21-14 11:32 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - In a major show of force, hundreds of National Guardsmen in riot gear and armored vehicles prevented an "empty pots march" from reaching Venezuela's Food Ministry on Saturday to protest now-chronic food shortages.
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - A former Marxist guerrilla who has promised to continue the government's popular social programs is poised to win El Salvador's presidential election runoff on Sunday, giving the ruling party a second consecutive term.
MIAMI - Carlos Salamanca fled Venezuela's growing political turmoil in January with his wife, two teenage children and $7,000.
GENEVA - United Nations human rights experts demanded answers Thursday from Venezuela's government about the use of violence and imprisonment in a crackdown on widespread demonstrations.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Thousands of Venezuelans mourned the passing of President Hugo Chavez on the first anniversary of his death Wednesday, while National Guard troops fired tear gas and rubber bullets at anti-government activists who pressed on with street protests despite the commemorations.
SAN PEDRO SULA, Honduras - Jerry Bengston and Jerry Palacious scored either side of halftime to lead Honduras to a 2-1 win over Venezuela in an international friendly Wednesday.
CARACAS, Venezuela - It's been a year since former Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's death, yet it often seems the charismatic leader never left.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Roughly half of Venezuela's TV audience was not able to watch supporting actor winner Jared Leto express solidarity with all the "dreamers" in Ukraine and Venezuela as he accepted his Oscar.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Thousands of anti-government activists marched peacefully Sunday to an upper-class Caracas district shaken by more than two weeks of unrest, trying to maintain the movement's momentum during a long holiday break.
CARACAS, Venezuela - A year after Hugo Chavez's death, dozens of mourners still trek daily to his mausoleum atop a hillside slum overlooking downtown Caracas.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. says Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will meet Monday in Geneva with Venezuela's foreign minister, who also will speak to the U.N. Human Rights Council about the recent weeks of violent student-led protests in his country.
PHOENIX - Milwaukee Brewers relief pitcher Francisco Rodriguez reported to spring training Saturday after acquiring a work visa and leaving an unsettled situation in Venezuela.
MIAMI - Venezuelans in South Florida are continuing to demonstrate against the violence in their home country.
CARACAS, Venezuela - It is hard to find toilet paper or flour in oil-rich Venezuela these days and the country is plagued by some of the highest inflation, murder and kidnapping rates in the world. Clashes between protesters and security forces loyal to the president have left 16 dead, and a telegenic opposition leader has been thrown in jail.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter is expressing concern about Venezuela's escalating political crisis and wants to meet with leaders on both sides in an upcoming trip.
WASHINGTON - The United States has expelled three Venezuelan diplomats in response to similar action against three U.S. consular officials in Caracas.
CORAL GABLES, Florida - The University of Miami's Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies is examining the mass protests in Venezuela and their potential effects on Cuba.
CARACAS, Venezuela - One of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro's most outspoken critics has become the latest rally cry for opposition protesters after engaging in an armed standoff with security forces Sunday.
MIAMI - With political uprisings in Venezuela and the Ukraine, U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio is urging the world not to forget the Cuban people's struggles. The son of Cuban immigrants on Saturday helped thousands of Cuban exiles and Cuban-Americans in Miami inaugurate a monument dedicated to those who died in opposition to Cuba's communist government.
ORLANDO, Florida - Thousands of demonstrators waved the yellow, blue and red of the Venezuelan flag in cities across Florida in solidarity with the South American country's political opposition movement.
Spring training is a time to get in shape for the upcoming major league season, work on mechanics or maybe compete for a spot on the team.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela is deeply divided between supporters of the government of President Nicolas Maduro and members of the opposition. Here is a sampling of what people on both sides of the political chasm were saying on Saturday:
DORAL, Fl. - Hundreds of Venezuelans and their allies are gathering in a suburb of Miami to support loved ones back home.
JUPITER, Florida - Marlins pitcher Henderson Alvarez has brought his wife and infant daughter to Miami from Caracas, Venezuela, to keep them away from the violent and deadly protests in his native country.
CLEARWATER, Florida - Bobby Abreu is certain he still has a lot to offer a major league team - even if he's a few weeks shy of 40.