- Leader of religious forum attacked in Bangladesh Updated: Nov-24-15 11:04 am
NEW DELHI - Two men wielding kitchen knives attacked a religious forum leader in Bangladesh on Tuesday, police said.
- Bangladesh police investigate missing Japanese businesswoman Updated: Nov-24-15 9:29 am
NEW DELHI - Police in Bangladesh have opened a murder investigation in the disappearance of a Japanese businesswoman following reports that her body was buried in a graveyard under a false name.
- Bangladesh angry over Pakistan's criticism of executions Updated: Nov-23-15 8:13 am
NEW DELHI - Bangladesh accused Pakistan on Monday of interfering in its internal affairs by criticizing the execution of two opposition leaders for alleged war crimes during the country's 1971 war of independence.
- US criticism grows over Bangladesh war crimes tribunal Updated: Nov-20-15 8:25 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States is sharpening its criticism of Bangladesh's tribunal on war crimes after death sentences were upheld this week against two influential opposition leaders.
- Islamic State says it attacked Italian priest in Bangladesh Updated: Nov-20-15 5:36 am
CAIRO - The Islamic State group says it was behind this week's attack on an Italian priest in Bangladesh that critically wounded the man.
- Italian priest attacked in Bangladesh Updated: Nov-18-15 4:08 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Three men fired shots at an Italian priest Wednesday as he rode his bicycle to church in northern Bangladesh, sending him to a hospital with head injuries amid a surge in militant violence this year.
- Bangladesh bloggers fear deadly backlash won't end soon Updated: Nov-13-15 9:07 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Omi Rahman Pial has changed homes five times in the last three months. He hasn't seen his young daughter in weeks and is afraid to be seen on the streets of Dhaka, Bangladesh's capital and home to several grisly killings of secular bloggers like him.
- Australia to go ahead with World Cup qualifier in Bangladesh Updated: Nov-12-15 9:55 pm
SYDNEY - Football Federation Australia said Friday the Socceroos will travel to Bangladesh as scheduled for their 2018 World Cup qualifier in Dhaka on Tuesday despite security concerns.
- US issues travel alert for Bangladesh Updated: Nov-11-15 11:28 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. State Department issued a travel alert Tuesday for Bangladesh, saying there's reliable information that terrorist attacks could occur against foreigners in the traditionally moderate South Asian country.
- India says Bangladesh hands over Indian rebel leader Updated: Nov-11-15 2:29 am
GAUHATI, India - Bangladesh on Friday handed over a jailed Indian rebel leader whose group has been fighting to free the northeastern Indian state of Assam from New Delhi's rule, officials said.
- World Cup qualifying: Leckie out of Australia matches Updated: Nov-10-15 11:48 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia striker Mathew Leckie has been ruled out of Australia's World Cup qualifiers against Kyrgyzstan and Bangladesh with a respiratory infection.
- Bangladesh sentences 6 to death in torture deaths of 2 boys Updated: Nov-08-15 8:20 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Courts in Bangladesh sentenced six people to death Sunday for torturing and killing two young boys earlier this year.
- Blogger's widow urges safe houses for writers on death lists Updated: Nov-02-15 7:18 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The widow of a Bangladeshi-American atheist blogger killed earlier this year decried the Bangladesh government's failure to prosecute the perpetrators of deadly attacks on writers Monday and urged countries to provide safe houses for dozens more on death lists.
- Bangladesh police probe local radicals in latest attacks Updated: Nov-01-15 7:14 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Police in Bangladesh said Sunday that they were investigating the possibility a local radical Islamic group was behind two attacks on publishing houses in the capital this weekend that left a publisher of secular books dead and another critically wounded.
- Labor laws questioned after Indian maid loses arm in Saudi Updated: Oct-29-15 8:24 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Kasthuri Munirathinam, a 55-year-old mother of four from southern India, was plunged into debt after borrowing money to marry off her daughters. Like many before her, she was recruited through an agency and promised an opportunity to earn 1,000 Saudi riyals ($267) a month by working as a live-in maid in Saudi Arabia, the Arab region's largest economy where domestic help is in high demand.
- Jedinak, Ryan picked in Australia squad for WCup qualifiers Updated: Oct-27-15 7:48 pm
SYDNEY - Captain Mile Jedinak and goalkeeper Mat Ryan have been recalled to Australia's squad for the World Cup qualifiers agaisnt Kyrgyzstan and Bangladesh.