- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle old dispute Updated: Jul-31-15 9:16 pm
NEW DELHI - At the stroke of midnight Friday, tens of thousands of stateless people who were stranded for decades along the poorly defined border between India and Bangladesh will finally get to choose their citizenship, as the two countries swapped more than 150 pockets of land to settle the demarcation line dividing them.
- Bangladesh upholds opposition leader's death sentence Updated: Jul-29-15 2:58 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Bangladesh's Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld the death sentence for an influential opposition leader and an aide to a former prime minister for his role in mass killings during the country's independence war against Pakistan in 1971.
- 2 women to vie in Taiwan presidential election for 1st time Updated: Jul-19-15 7:01 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's top two political parties have each nominated a woman for president in 2016, a historic first signaling acceptance of female leadership and kicking off a campaign highlighted so far by clashing views on ties with rival China.
- Stampede at charity handout in Bangladesh kills at least 25 Updated: Jul-10-15 9:01 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A stampede killed 21 elderly women and four young people early Friday when hundreds of people in central Bangladesh stormed the home of a businessman for a charity handout during the holy Muslim month of Ramadan, police said.
- Bangladesh police questioning 12 al-Qaida suspects Updated: Jul-03-15 10:04 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A Bangladesh court on Friday gave police three days to question 12 suspected members of al-Qaida's branch in the Indian subcontinent after their arrests in raids this week.
- Bangladesh-based poverty group founder wins World Food Prize Updated: Jul-01-15 2:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A man who created a nonprofit organization credited with helping more than 150 million people out of poverty was named the winner of the 2015 World Food Prize on Wednesday.