- TV: 2 dead, 100 injured in Bangladesh from Nepal quake Updated: Apr-25-15 5:40 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A TV report says that two people were killed and more than 100 injured in Bangladesh in an earthquake that originated in Nepal.
- Bangladesh mourns anniversary of garment factory disaster Updated: Apr-24-15 10:04 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Survivors and relatives of victims of a garment factory collapse in Bangladesh marched Friday to demand better compensation on the second anniversary of the disaster that killed more than 1,100 people.
- Southeast Asian leaders to push for South China Sea code Updated: Apr-24-15 7:16 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Southeast Asian leaders will seek to speed up plans for a binding code of conduct with China governing behavior in the disputed South China Sea at a summit next week, Malaysia's foreign minister said Friday.
- Southeast Asian leaders urged to act on Rohingya crisis Updated: Apr-22-15 10:10 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Southeast Asian lawmakers on Wednesday urged their leaders to discuss Myanmar's Rohingya crisis at their upcoming summit in Malaysia, saying it has led to the highest outflow of asylum seekers by sea in the region since the Vietnam War.
- Bangladesh guardedly welcomes Benetton factory victim pledge Updated: Apr-18-15 10:02 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A Bangladeshi garment industry leader on Saturday guardedly welcomed Italian retailer Benetton's pledge of more than $1 million to victims of a factory collapse that killed over 1,100 people two years ago, saying it had come late but was appreciated.
- Australia opens WCup home qualifying campaign vs Bangladesh Updated: Apr-14-15 7:48 pm
PERTH, Australia - Asian Cup champion Australia will play its first home match of its 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign in Perth, Western Australia on Sept. 3 against Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh on alert after execution, applauded by many Updated: Apr-12-15 3:53 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Thousands of Bangladeshis poured onto the streets to applaud the execution of an Islamist party official on charges of crimes against humanity during the country's 1971 independence war, while security forces were on alert Sunday for a possible backlash from his supporters.
- 36 dead, dozens hurt as tropical storms lash Bangladesh Updated: Apr-06-15 11:59 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Separate tropical storms that swept through parts of Bangladesh have left at least 36 people dead and scores injured.