- Malaysia Airlines jet turns back after tire burst Updated: Apr-20-14 3:55 pm
- Va. couple seek to adopt 10-year-old from India Updated: Apr-20-14 9:28 am
- Hotel magnate, Democratic fundraiser pleads guilty Updated: Apr-17-14 3:07 pm
- Court extends NYC officer's weapons case in India Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 am
- India struggles with rebel threats during election Updated: Apr-17-14 9:40 am
- Michigan State grads to hear India IT entrepreneur Updated: Apr-17-14 4:05 am
- Passenger train derails in northern India; 42 hurt Updated: Apr-16-14 9:10 am
- India's top court recognizes third gender category Updated: Apr-15-14 9:38 am
- Indian troops kill 2 rebels in Kashmir fighting Updated: Apr-14-14 8:31 am
- Uber meets local lookalikes in Asia taxi-app wars Updated: Apr-14-14 3:34 am
- Indian movie stars among owners of soccer league Updated: Apr-13-14 9:54 am
- Memoir by Indian PM's ex-aide irks amid elections Updated: Apr-12-14 10:19 am
- Rebels kill 14 in anti-election campaign in India Updated: Apr-12-14 9:16 am
- Indian PM aspirant's marital status spurs question Updated: Apr-11-14 10:28 am
- In rural India, women want politicians to deliver Updated: Apr-11-14 3:07 am
- Investors hope new India gov't will revive growth Updated: Apr-09-14 6:22 am
- Modi touts record on economy in bid to lead India Updated: Apr-09-14 4:02 am
- Maoist rebels kill 3 government soldiers in India Updated: Apr-09-14 3:46 am
- SC Gov Haley to make fall trade trip to India Updated: Apr-07-14 8:04 pm
- Airline passenger attempts suicide during flight Updated: Apr-07-14 11:29 am
- India's Sun Pharma buys Ranbaxy in $4 billion deal Updated: Apr-07-14 6:50 am
- Indian lawyer: No diplomatic link in cop's arrest Updated: Apr-05-14 1:43 pm
- 3 who raped journalist in India sentenced to death Updated: Apr-04-14 3:42 pm
- Indian envoy calls for Sri Lanka power sharing Updated: Apr-04-14 12:25 pm
- Indian anti-graft party chief punched in capital Updated: Apr-04-14 7:02 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A Malaysia Airlines flight heading to India with 166 people aboard made an emergency landing in Kuala Lumpur early Monday after it was forced to turn back when a tire burst upon takeoff, the airline said.
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - His infectious smile lights up the room from atop a shelf in Todd and Tobey Thurston's Campbell County home - the face of the couple's daily prayer to one day become blessed with a son.
NEW YORK - A wealthy hotel executive and Democratic fundraiser who supported Hilary Clinton for president pleaded guilty Thursday to charges he secretly funneled more than $180,000 in illegal campaign contributions to three unnamed candidates and coached someone to lie about it.
NEW DELHI - An Indian court said Thursday it won't rule before July 1 in the case of a New York City police officer arrested in New Delhi on a weapons charge.
RAJNANDGAON, India - Indians cast ballots Thursday on the biggest day of voting in the country's weekslong general election, streaming into polling stations even in areas where leftist rebels threatened violence over the plight of India's marginalized and poor.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University says that Indian information technology pioneer Azim Premji will speak at the school's undergraduate commencement May 2.
GAUHATI, India - A passenger train derailed in northeastern India early Wednesday, and dozens of passengers suffered mostly minor injuries.
NEW DELHI - India's top court on Tuesday issued a landmark verdict recognizing transgender rights as human rights, saying people can identify themselves as a third gender on official documents.
SRINAGAR, India - A nearly 20-hour gunbattle in Indian-controlled Kashmir ended Monday after government troops killed two suspected rebels in the Himalayan region's main city, a senior police official said.
MUMBAI, India - Riding on its startup success and flush with fresh capital, taxi-hailing smartphone app Uber is making a big push into Asia. There's a twist, though: Instead of being the game-changing phenomena it was in the U.S., Uber faces a slew of competitors using similar technology.
MUMBAI, India - A new professional soccer league in India this year will feature movie stars and former Indian cricket captains Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly as co-owners of teams.
NEW DELHI - A new book by a former aide to India's prime minister has caused a political stir during ongoing national elections by suggesting the outgoing leader was never fully in charge of his government.
PATNA, India - Indian Maoist rebels killed 14 people in two separate attacks in the central state of Chhattisgarh on Saturday as they continue a campaign of violence aimed at disrupting a five-week national election.
NEW DELHI - India's governing Congress party on Friday asked election authorities to prosecute the Hindu nationalist opposition's prime ministerial candidate for filing "false affidavits" by not mentioning his marriage when he registered for past elections.
SARAI, India - Trudging home after a long day harvesting wheat, Veena Devi has little time for the political workers swarming her northern Indian village seeking votes for their candidates.
MUMBAI, India - India's stock market has hit several new highs in the last month and the once-struggling rupee has strengthened on signs that the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party will win the largest bloc of seats in parliamentary elections that began this week and run until May 12.
AHMEDABAD, India - To some, the man in pole position to be India's next prime minister is a visionary reformer, while to others he's an autocrat in bed with big business cronies. Perhaps nowhere are opinions of Narendra Modi more polarized than in Gujarat, the western state he's led for more than decade and that is now touted as a model of prosperity for all of India to emulate.
NEW DELHI - Three government soldiers were killed in a gunbattle with Maoist rebels in India's central Chhattisgarh state on Wednesday, a day before voting begins there in national elections, police said.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley is making a trade trip to India in November, returning for the first time since she was a toddler to the country where her parents were born.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Emirates airline crewmembers found a passenger bleeding heavily on a flight from Dubai to India after he apparently tried to commit suicide inside an airplane lavatory, the airline and Indian police said Monday.
MUMBAI, India - India's Sun Pharmaceutical Industries is buying troubled generic drugmaker Ranbaxy Laboratories in a $4 billion deal, the companies said Monday.
NEW YORK - A lawyer representing a New York City police officer detained in India says the weapons arrest should not be linked to an Indian diplomat's earlier arrest in the U.S.
NEW DELHI - An Indian court on Friday sentenced to death three men who raped a photojournalist inside an abandoned textile mill last year in Mumbai, India's biggest city.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - India's ambassador urged Sri Lanka's government on Friday to expedite power sharing with ethnic minority Tamils after a recent United Nations resolution authorized an international war crimes investigation.
NEW DELHI - A man punched the chief of India's anti-corruption party twice in the face during a campaign stop in the capital on Friday, three days before the start of national elections in the world's biggest democracy.