- Indian flight catches fire in Nepal; no casualties Updated: Mar-08-14 7:55 am
- Company confirms feds investigate visa use Updated: Mar-07-14 3:29 pm
- World markets mixed after US jobs report Updated: Mar-07-14 12:13 pm
- Gas leak on Indian destroyer kills navy officer Updated: Mar-07-14 10:27 am
- 66 students expelled for cheering Pakistan cricket Updated: Mar-06-14 10:21 pm
- Ohio museum: Sculpture may be idol stolen in India Updated: Mar-06-14 9:44 am
- India announces general elections to start April 7 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:13 pm
- Ink thrown at Indian tycoon accused of fraud Updated: Mar-04-14 10:21 am
- Coal crunch gives impetus to India's solar switch Updated: Feb-28-14 11:07 am
- India's anemic growth slows to 4.7 percent Updated: Feb-28-14 8:59 am
- Top Indian businessman surrenders in fraud case Updated: Feb-28-14 8:10 am
- Congress concerned Iran's oil exports may be up Updated: Feb-27-14 1:59 pm
- 2 missing Indian navy officers found dead in sub Updated: Feb-27-14 8:17 am
- Indian army soldier kills 5 colleagues, himself Updated: Feb-27-14 4:11 am
- Poll: India's opposition BJP leads Congress party Updated: Feb-26-14 8:40 pm
- Court orders arrest of key Indian business leader Updated: Feb-26-14 6:40 am
- Leopard on the prowl panics bustling Indian city Updated: Feb-25-14 10:55 am
- Anti-India protesters clash with police in Kashmir Updated: Feb-25-14 4:47 am
- Indian army says 7 rebels killed in Kashmir Updated: Feb-24-14 10:26 am
- India won't use tough law against Italian marines Updated: Feb-24-14 6:07 am
- American-Indian love story ends in death in Agra Updated: Feb-22-14 3:10 am
- FDA to boost India staff overseeing drug imports Updated: Feb-21-14 4:26 pm
- California store that sold $425M lotto gets $1M Updated: Feb-20-14 3:34 pm
- India's Parliament approves new 29th state Updated: Feb-20-14 11:17 am
- Court: No release for 3 of Rajiv Gandhi's killers Updated: Feb-20-14 8:26 am
KATMANDU, Nepal - An Indian jetliner caught fire while landing in Nepal's capital on Saturday, but there were no casualties reported among the 170 people on board, officials said.
An international tech consulting firm confirmed Friday the federal government is investigating its use of U.S. visas to bring in foreign workers.
LONDON - World stock markets were mixed Friday after official figures showed hiring in the U.S., the world's largest economy, rose last month despite the severe winter weather.
NEW DELHI - A gas leak on a destroyer being built at a Mumbai dockyard killed a navy commander and sickened two workers Friday, in the latest fatal accident to hit the Indian navy.
SRINAGAR, India - Dozens of Muslim students from the disputed Indian territory of Kashmir were expelled from their university and briefly threatened with sedition charges because they cheered for the Pakistani cricket team during a televised match against archrival India, police said Thursday, while the Indian state's elected leader called for leniency.
TOLEDO, Ohio - An 11th-century Indian statue owned by an Ohio art museum may have been stolen before the institution purchased it.
NEW DELHI - India said Wednesday that it will hold national elections from April 7 to May 12, kicking off a vote that many observers see as the most important election in more than 30 years in the world's largest democracy.
NEW DELHI - An assailant hurled black ink Tuesday at an Indian tycoon accused of multibillion-dollar fraud, shouting "he has cheated and robbed us" outside the country's highest court.
NEW DELHI - For six years in a row, India's monopoly coal producer has missed its production targets, leading to chronic electricity shortages and sending power producers scrambling for pricier imports. But what looks like a looming crisis could turn out to be an almost accidental energy overhaul.
MUMBAI, India - India's growth decelerated to 4.7 percent in the October-December quarter last year, the government said Friday, showing that a return to the robust economic expansion of a few years ago remains far from reach.
NEW DELHI - A top Indian businessman surrendered to police Friday after failing to show up in court on charges that his company failed to return billions of dollars to investors.
WASHINGTON - Obama administration officials faced the prospect of contentious questioning Thursday from lawmakers about reports that China and India are significantly expanding imports of Iranian petroleum.
NEW DELHI - Rescuers found the bodies of two Indian navy officers inside a submarine Thursday after an accident occurred on the vessel during a training exercise at sea, an official said.
SRINAGAR, India - An Indian soldier fired indiscriminately at his colleagues after an altercation at an army camp in the Indian-controlled portion of Kashmir on Thursday, killing five of them before fatally shooting himself, officials said.
NEW DELHI - India's Hindu nationalist opposition party is leading the incumbent Congress party in the run-up to this year's national elections in the world's biggest democracy, a poll released Wednesday says.
NEW DELHI - India's Supreme Court has issued arrest warrants for a key Indian business leader for failing to attend a hearing in a case relating to the refund of 200 billion rupees ($3.2 billion) to investors.
MEERUT, India - Forestry officials and police armed with tranquilizer darts searched for a leopard that injured six people and drove residents indoors in a bustling northern Indian city, police said Tuesday.
SRINAGAR, India - Police fired bullets and tear gas as hundreds of pro-independence villagers tried to storm a police station in Indian-controlled Kashmir on Tuesday, a day after government forces killed seven suspected rebels in the disputed region, police said.
SRINAGAR, India - The Indian army says it has killed seven rebels in a gunbattle in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir.
NEW DELHI - In a reversal, India's government told the Supreme Court on Monday that it will not use a severe anti-piracy law when it tries two Italian marines accused of killing two Indian fishermen in 2012.
LUCKNOW, India - An Indian man fatally stabbed his American wife before killing himself near the Taj Mahal, four months after the couple married near the legendary monument of love, police said Saturday.
WASHINGTON - The head of the Food and Drug Administration said Friday that her agency will add more inspectors in India to better monitor drugs from the country's burgeoning pharmaceutical industry, even as her agency also seeks closer cooperation from Indian regulators.
MILPITAS, California - A Northern California convenience store that sold the sole winning ticket to the $425 million Powerball jackpot received a $1 million check on Thursday, as state lottery officials waited for the winner of the one of the largest jackpots in U.S. history to come forward.
NEW DELHI - India's Parliament on Thursday approved a plan to create a 29th state following days of political mayhem, including a melee in which a lawmaker unleashed pepper spray on his colleagues.
NEW DELHI - India's top court on Thursday stopped the Tamil Nadu state government from releasing three of the seven prisoners serving life sentences for the 1991 assassination of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, a lawyer said.