- Millions of New Delhi residents vote in city polls Updated: Dec-04-13 6:37 am
- India refuses to budge on subsidies at WTO talks Updated: Dec-04-13 4:53 am
- Nico Hulkenberg back at F1 team Force India Updated: Dec-03-13 10:54 am
- Man suspected in Sikh killing is arrested in India Updated: Dec-03-13 8:37 am
- Suspected Maoist rebels kill 7 in eastern India Updated: Dec-03-13 7:58 am
- Police officer killed in rebel attack in Kashmir Updated: Dec-02-13 5:20 am
- Indian craft leaves Earth's orbit on way to Mars Updated: Dec-01-13 3:50 am
- Indian editor arrested in sexual assault case Updated: Nov-30-13 11:10 am
- Cyclist brings Tibetan rights campaign to India Updated: Nov-30-13 7:58 am
- Indian growth picks up, still weak at 4.8 percent Updated: Nov-29-13 10:49 am
- Elephants' role fading in Indian livestock fair Updated: Nov-28-13 5:14 am
- Indian parents get life for killing teen, butler Updated: Nov-26-13 7:10 am
- Treasures: Candlestick likely a reproduction of Mottahedeh... Updated: Nov-25-13 12:20 pm
- Indian gays demand an end to discrimination Updated: Nov-24-13 8:43 am
- UK police: Slavery case involved ideology Updated: Nov-23-13 2:11 pm
- 22-year-old Norwegian clinches chess world title Updated: Nov-22-13 2:43 pm
- Cyclone kills 6, darkens towns in southern India Updated: Nov-22-13 9:44 am
- Editorial: Re-energizing our nuclear missile capability Updated: Nov-21-13 4:48 pm
- Indian magazine: Top editor leaves after complaint Updated: Nov-21-13 9:56 am
- 25,000 leave homes in south India ahead of cyclone Updated: Nov-21-13 9:35 am
- India: Gold bars worth $1M found in plane lavatory Updated: Nov-20-13 7:55 am
- East-West Center board gets Japan, India execs Updated: Nov-19-13 8:04 am
- Former Indian ambassador to US heading to Brown Updated: Nov-18-13 3:37 pm
- Speeding truck overturns killing 22 in west India Updated: Nov-16-13 1:28 am
- Tuned In: Lady Gaga's "ARTPOP' a blunt, gaudy spectacle Updated: Nov-15-13 12:48 pm
NEW DELHI - Millions of residents of India's capital lined up Wednesday to cast their ballots in city polls that are expected to serve as an indication of how Indians will vote in next year's national elections.
BALI, Indonesia - Chances of a breakthrough in global trade negotiations dimmed Wednesday as India refused to budge on food subsidies that are an obstacle to an eleventh-hour agreement at a World Trade Organization summit.
SILVERSTONE, England - Nico Hulkenberg says he is returning to Formula One team Force India for the 2014 season.
SACRAMENTO, California - A fugitive who escaped arrest after allegedly gunning down a 26-year-old man at a Sikh sports festival in Sacramento County five years ago has been arrested in India.
PATNA, India - Suspected Maoist rebels detonated a roadside bomb in eastern India on Tuesday, killing six police officers and their driver, police said.
SRINAGAR, India - Police in Indian-controlled Kashmir say suspected rebels attacked a group of police, killing a senior counterinsurgency officer and wounding three others.
NEW DELHI - India's Mars orbiter mission left Earth's sphere of influence early Sunday after performing a maneuver to put it on its way to orbit the red planet.
PANAJI, India - The editor of an Indian magazine known for exposing abuses of power was arrested Saturday in a sexual assault case that has fueled fresh outrage over the treatment of women in the country, police said.
DHARMSALA, India - A 42-year-old Tibetan has arrived at the headquarters of the government-in-exile in India after cycling through Europe and Asia in a campaign protesting China's heavy-handed rule in the Himalayan region.
MUMBAI, India - India's economic growth rose to a higher-than-expected 4.8 percent in the quarter that ended in September, the government said Friday, a boost to those hoping that Asia's third-largest economy has turned a corner after recently clocking its slowest expansion in 10 years.
SONEPUR, India - Fortune-telling parrots. Elephants on parade. Trick ponies, rare songbirds and dancing girls behind barbed wire.
NEW DELHI - A court sentenced two married dentists to life in prison Tuesday for killing their 14-year-old daughter and their housekeeper in a case that has dominated headlines and polarized Indians.
Dear Helaine and Joe: I own what might be a vintage or early piece of Mottahedeh "Tobacco Leaf" pattern. It is a 10-inch-tall candlestick with a fluted top. The candlestick's column is flanked by two monkeys - one large one on the left and a smaller one on the right. The pattern is almost identical to the current "Tobacco Leaf" pattern made by Mottahedeh with one exception - the bird is standing on a pink leaf rather than a green one. The only markings on the bottom are three digit numbers. Any information about its origins and worth would be appreciated. Thanks so much, G. D.
NEW DELHI - Gay rights activists sang songs and carried rainbow-colored flags while marching to the beat of traditional Indian drums Sunday, as they paraded through India's capital to demand an end to the stigmatization of gays in the deeply conservative country.
LONDON - New details emerged Saturday in the bizarre case of three suspected female slaves allegedly held for 30 years, with police indicating the unusual household arrangement started as a collective of people with shared political beliefs.
NEW DELHI - The world of chess has a new king, and it's a 22-year-old who is as much at home posing for fashion shoots as he is pushing pawns.
HYDERABAD, India - A cyclone killed at least six people and knocked out power to hundreds of villages in southern India on Friday.
When John Milton wrote, "They also serve who only stand and wait," the English poet meant it as a compliment to those who watch "o'er land and ocean without rest."
NEW DELHI - A prominent Indian magazine said Thursday its top editor has apologized and left his job temporarily after being accused of sexually assaulting a colleague in the western tourist resort of Goa.
HYDERABAD, India - An official says about 25,000 people have been evacuated from coastal villages in southern India as a strong cyclone approaches from the Bay of Bengal.
NEW DELHI - Cleaners found a stash of 24 gold bars worth more than $1.1 million hidden in an airplane lavatory after a flight from Bangkok arrived in eastern India, officials said Wednesday.
HONOLULU - Top business executives from India and Japan are joining the East-West Center board.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The outgoing Indian ambassador to the U.S. and China has accepted a fellowship at Brown University's Watson Institute.
NEW DELHI - Police say a speeding truck has overturned on a potholed road, killing at least 22 people in western India.
11-15-13 - "ARTPOP," Lady Gaga (Interscope)