- Sushil Koirala, Nepal's former prime minister, dies at 78 Updated: Feb-09-16 8:14 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Sushil Koirala, a former Nepalese prime minister and leader of the nation's largest political party, has died in Kathmandu. He was 78.
- Ethnic protesters in Nepal withdraw border blockade, strike Updated: Feb-08-16 7:30 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - The main ethnic group that's been protesting for months over Nepal's new constitution is ending its border blockade and general strike, bringing relief to the Himalayan nation severely short of fuel, medicine and other supplies.
- Expert: Parents often won't take surrogate kids with defects Updated: Feb-03-16 11:36 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - A newborn Down syndrome baby left by his Australian biological father with his poor surrogate mother in Thailand was one of several cases of surrogate children abandoned because of defects, an expert told a parliamentary inquiry on Thursday.
- Dartmouth College to host summit on rebuilding Nepal Updated: Jan-25-16 3:43 pm
HANOVER, New Hampshire - Dartmouth College plans to host a summit next month on the rebuilding of Nepal after an earthquake last year.
- Leopard enters Nepal suburb, injures 1 person Updated: Jan-22-16 7:43 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Officials say a leopard has wandered into a suburb south of Nepal's capital and attacked a man who was walking along a road.
- Snow blankets Nepal villages at center of last year's quake Updated: Jan-20-16 1:17 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Villages near the epicenter of a massive earthquake last year in Nepal have been blanketed with snow, making life miserable for people still living in temporary shelters and huts, officials said Wednesday.
- Nepal formally begins much delayed earthquake reconstruction Updated: Jan-16-16 7:49 am
BUNGMATI, Nepal - Nepal officially launched the much-delayed reconstruction of about 1 million homes and buildings Saturday nearly nine months after they were damaged by devastating earthquake which killed 9,000 people.