- Nepal says litterbugs no longer welcome on Everest Updated: Mar-04-14 7:00 am
- Nepal on alert to stop Tibetan protest Updated: Mar-03-14 1:58 am
- Nepal plane crash kills 18 in snow, rain and fog Updated: Feb-17-14 8:14 am
- Nepal slashes mountaineering fees for Everest Updated: Feb-14-14 6:13 am
- Nepal's PM sworn in, but loses coalition partner Updated: Feb-11-14 6:52 am
- 14 killed in Nepal bus crash Updated: Feb-05-14 11:47 pm
KATMANDU, Nepal - Litterbugs, beware: Nepal is making new rules to persuade trekkers to clean up after themselves on Mount Everest, in the hopes of clearing the tons of rubbish now clogging the world's highest peak.
KATMANDU, Nepal - Police in the Nepalese capital are on alert to stop protests by Tibetan refugees, including any attempts to self-immolate, next week to mark the anniversary of the failed 1959 uprising against Chinese rule in Tibet, officials said Monday.
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Rescuers on Monday found the wreckage of a plane that slammed into a snow-covered mountain in Nepal and burst into flames, killing 18 people, including a child, authorities said.
KATMANDU, Nepal - Nepal will slash the climbing fees for Mount Everest to attract more mountaineers to the world's highest peak, even as concerns grow about the environmental effects of climbers who already crowd the mountain during the high season.
KATMANDU, Nepal - Nepal's newly elected prime minister was sworn into office on Tuesday, but his party's main coalition partner announced it will not join the government, bringing renewed political uncertainty to the nation.
KATMANDU, Nepal - A bus veered off a mountain highway in Nepal and plunged into a river before dawn Thursday, killing 14 people and injuring seven others, officials said.