- Nepal leaders, ethnic protesters resume talks to end crisis Updated: Nov-30-15 9:00 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal's top political leaders met Monday with representatives of the Madhesi ethnic group who are protesting against the country's new constitution to try to end a months-long crisis, but no agreement was reached.
- Nepal asks India to investigate shooting by border guards Updated: Nov-26-15 8:30 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal asked India on Thursday to investigate a shooting by border guards that has wounded at least four people and to punish those involved.
- Nepal facing medicine shortages due to fuel crisis, blockade Updated: Nov-19-15 7:51 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Shortages of life-saving medicine because of political protests in Nepal that have blocked key roads could lead to a crisis, as hospitals have started to cut services, doctors said Thursday.
- FIFA bans leaders of Nepal, Laos federations in bribes case Updated: Nov-16-15 7:18 am
GENEVA - In yet another case of FIFA election bribery, the president of Nepal's soccer federation was banned for 10 years on Monday.
- Finnish rock band, sign-language rapper perform near Everest Updated: Nov-16-15 6:46 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Finnish rock band Ancara and sign-language rapper Signmark performed in the foothills of Mount Everest over the weekend to raise funds for a music school for children with hearing disabilities.
- Nepal's PM asks India to lift undeclared blockade Updated: Nov-15-15 3:18 pm
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal's prime minister has asked neighboring India to lift an "undeclared blockade," saying the Himalayan nation is facing a severe fuel shortage and trouble obtaining medicine and food supplies blocked at the border.
- Arrested Nepal football players released on bail Updated: Nov-10-15 10:04 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal captain Sagar Thapa and four other players were released on bail on Tuesday after they were charged with treason following a match-fixing probe which could see them jailed for life.
- Fuel shortage forces Nepal domestic flights to be canceled Updated: Nov-09-15 4:22 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Airlines in Nepal have been forced to cancel more than half of their domestic flights because of an ongoing fuel shortage, an official said Monday.
- US Marines release findings on chopper crash in Nepal quake Updated: Nov-06-15 11:00 pm
TOKYO - The crew's decision to use the most direct route to bring out the injured is the likely cause of a U.S. military helicopter crash that killed 13 people during earthquake rescue operations in May in Nepal, the U.S. Marine Corps said Saturday.
- David Beckham plays soccer with Nepalese children Updated: Nov-06-15 7:58 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - David Beckham played soccer with Nepalese children on Friday and visited a school in Bhaktapur that was damaged in April's devastating earthquake.
- Aid groups warn of crisis in earthquake-hit Nepal Updated: Nov-06-15 12:35 am
BHAKTAPUR, Nepal - There is no sign of the government-promised new houses that were to shelter millions of victims of Nepal's devastating spring earthquake. The agency that was supposed to oversee billions of dollars in spending no longer exists. And border protests continue to prevent needed supplies from getting in.
- 30 killed, 35 injured in Nepal bus accident Updated: Nov-03-15 6:11 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - A bus packed with passengers riding both inside and on its roof veered off a mountain road in northwest Nepal on Tuesday, killing 30 people and injuring 35 others, officials said.