- For asylum seekers, a novel (and odd) solution: Cambodia Updated: Apr-23-15 11:01 pm
BANGKOK - Still haunted by the Vietnam War next door and the 1970s genocide that followed, Cambodia is not exactly the place that the world's refugees dream of reaching.
- Advocate: 5 asylum seekers on Nauru set to go to Cambodia Updated: Apr-20-15 2:16 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Five asylum seekers from Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Iran have agreed to be among the first to leave the Pacific island nation of Nauru for Cambodia under a deal that allows refugees rejected by Australia to be resettled in the Southeast Asian country, a refugee advocate said Monday.
- Cambodian police arrest fugitive ex-general on murder charge Updated: Apr-17-15 10:22 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - A wealthy military general charged with murdering a fellow tycoon over a business dispute was taken into police custody Friday.
- Remains of a Vietnam veteran return to NC 45 years later Updated: Apr-10-15 6:58 am
GASTONIA, North Carolina - The remains of an Army veteran killed 45 years ago in Cambodia have returned to North Carolina.
- Ambassador: US handed Cambodia to 'butcher' 40 years ago Updated: Apr-09-15 11:20 pm
PARIS - Twelve helicopters, bristling with guns and U.S. Marines, breached the morning horizon and began a daring descent toward Cambodia's besieged capital. Residents believed the Americans were rushing in to save them, but at the U.S. Embassy, in a bleeding city about to die, the ambassador wept.
- View of Phnom Penh's fall from diplomat who saw it happen Updated: Apr-09-15 9:55 pm
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - A snapshot of Cambodia's fall, from an American diplomat evacuated from the besieged capital of Phnom Penh in 1975.
- View of Cambodia's fall by one of the few in gov't to escape Updated: Apr-09-15 9:53 pm
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - A snapshot of Cambodia's fall, from a government minister evacuated by the United States in 1975:
- Cambodian lawmakers appoint new electoral body Updated: Apr-09-15 1:55 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodian lawmakers overwhelmingly approved a vote to remake the country's electoral body on Thursday, part of a political deal to help ensure fairness in the next national vote in 2018.