- 2 former Khmer Rouge leaders appeal convictions Updated: Jul-02-15 6:55 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - The two surviving senior leaders of Cambodia's former Khmer Rouge regime launched appeals Thursday of their convictions by a U.N.-backed tribunal that sentenced them to life in prison for their roles during the group's brutal rule in the 1970s.
- Cambodia to investigate decade-old killings of union leaders Updated: Jun-25-15 11:25 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodia's prime minister has established a special commission to investigate the long-unsolved killings of three labor leaders.
- Veteran Cambodia politician Chea Sim dies at 82 Updated: Jun-08-15 6:46 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Chea Sim, a key Cambodian political figure after the fall of the brutal Khmer Rouge regime and an ally of Prime Minister Hun Sen, has died at age 82, the head of his bodyguard unit says. He had been in ill health for many years and hospitalized in recent months.
- No joke: 'Neko Hiroshi' Takizaki drenched at SEA Games Updated: Jun-07-15 4:42 am
SINGAPORE - For a comedian, he doesn't do a bad sideline gig as a marathon runner.
- French firm urged to reimburse farmers in alleged land grabs Updated: Jun-04-15 1:05 pm
PARIS - Activists called Thursday for French conglomerate Bollore to return land, or compensate farmers, over disputed concessions for plantations in Cambodia and three African countries.
- First 4 refugees rejected by Australia arrive in Cambodia Updated: Jun-04-15 3:23 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Four asylum seekers rejected by Australia arrived Thursday in Cambodia, becoming the first to leave the Pacific island nation of Nauru under a deal that allows refugees turned away by Australia to be resettled in the Southeast Asian country.