- Suu Kyi foundation for Myanmar based in Hawaii Updated: Mar-10-14 5:59 pm
- Thailand told to probe navy over trafficking claim Updated: Mar-07-14 12:26 am
- Myanmar says Doctors Without Borders can stay Updated: Mar-01-14 11:26 pm
- Rights group blasts Myanmar over Rohingya policies Updated: Feb-25-14 11:16 am
- Massive jade boulder found in Myanmar Updated: Feb-21-14 2:28 am
- UN: Sectarian violence threatens Myanmar reforms Updated: Feb-19-14 10:52 am
- Germany forgives half of Myanmar's debt Updated: Feb-11-14 11:10 am
HONOLULU - Nobel Peace Prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi's new foundation for health care and education in Myanmar will be based in Hawaii.
BANGKOK - A leading international rights group called on Thai authorities Friday to investigate the navy's alleged role in the trafficking of desperate migrants from Myanmar instead of charging journalists for reporting on the subject.
YANGON, Myanmar - A day after Doctors Without Borders announced its expulsion from Myanmar, the government backpedaled, saying the aid organization would be allowed to resume operations everywhere but Rakhine, a state plagued by bloody bouts of sectarian violence.
YANGON, Myanmar - An independent human rights group presented evidence Tuesday directly implicating the Myanmar government in abusive and discriminatory policies targeting members of the Rohingya Muslim minority, including restrictions on family size and freedom of movement.
YANGON, Myanmar - An enormous jade boulder that could weigh up to 50 tons has been found half buried in restive northern Myanmar, and the government has sent troops to protect it, a state minister said Friday.
YANGON, Myanmar - The U.N. special investigator on human rights in Myanmar warned Wednesday that sectarian violence could jeopardize the country's democratic reforms if it is not addressed urgently.
YANGON, Myanmar - Germany has signed an agreement to forgive half the 1.084 billion euro ($1.48 billion) debt it is owed by Myanmar, implementing a plan which Germany and other creditor nations accepted a year ago.