- Chinese weaponry spotted on artificial island, US says Updated: May-29-15 2:28 pm
SINGAPORE - U.S. surveillance detected two large artillery vehicles on one of the artificial islands that China is creating in the South China Sea, U.S. officials said Friday, heightening concerns that Beijing could use the land reclamation projects for military purposes.
- Singapore Airlines investigates engine problem during flight Updated: May-27-15 9:28 am
SINGAPORE - Singapore Airlines said Wednesday that it is investigating how one of its jets suffered a loss of power in both of its engines over the weekend and descended 13,000 feet (3,962 meters) before regaining altitude en route from Singapore to Shanghai.
- Reform training sought for Singapore teen over blog, video Updated: May-27-15 6:07 am
SINGAPORE - Prosecutors in Singapore say they are seeking reform training for a teenager who is refusing probation and who again made public the video and blog posts a court deemed offensive earlier this month.
- McCain leading US Senate delegation to Vietnam, Singapore Updated: May-26-15 10:47 am
PHOENIX - Sen. John McCain is leading a U.S. Senate delegation that will visit Vietnam and Singapore this week.
- Australia to bring home bodies of 25 who died in Vietnam War Updated: May-24-15 10:30 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia announced Monday that it will repatriate the remains of up to 25 Australian soldiers killed about 50 years ago during the Vietnam War.
- Sens. Reed, McCain lead visit to Vietnam, Singapore Updated: May-24-15 5:22 pm
- No one hurt onboard ship fired on by Iranians in Gulf Updated: May-15-15 11:34 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - No one onboard a Singapore-flagged commercial tanker that was fired on by an Iranian naval patrol in the Persian Gulf was injured and the ship did not sustain serious damage, the companies responsible for it said Friday.
- Filipino shadow play performers win 'Asia's Got Talent' Updated: May-14-15 11:46 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Filipino shadow play performer El Gamma Penumbra won the grand prize of the first season of "Asia's Got Talent," the pan-Asian talent search in Singapore.
- Blogger, 16, exposes limits on free speech in Singapore Updated: May-11-15 4:55 am
SINGAPORE - A government crackdown on a teen video blogger and independent news and opinion website has focused attention on free speech limits, and perhaps the next election, in this cosmopolitan but famously strict city-state.
- Singapore's Lee says he's free of cancer after treatment Updated: May-01-15 8:04 am
SINGAPORE - Singapore prime minister Lee Hsien Loong says he is free of prostate cancer after treatment.