- 7 die in shooting at China-Vietnam border Updated: Apr-18-14 7:25 am
- Vietnam pulls out of hosting Asian Games Updated: Apr-18-14 3:46 am
- Russian FM: Russia still to meet with Ukraine Updated: Apr-16-14 3:13 am
- Asian fans only have eyes for European soccer Updated: Apr-14-14 11:35 am
- Vietnam releases dissidents amid foreign pressure Updated: Apr-14-14 10:26 am
- Vietnam police probe football match-fixing Updated: Apr-14-14 5:23 am
- Asian fans only have eyes for European football Updated: Apr-14-14 4:20 am
- Irvine drops 'friendship' plan with Vietnam city Updated: Apr-09-14 10:49 am
- Vietnam dissident released, arrives in US Updated: Apr-07-14 6:29 pm
- Married couples separated by German language test Updated: Apr-06-14 5:08 am
- Troy woman says brother's remains in Vietnam ID'd Updated: Mar-31-14 12:43 pm
- Jeremiah Denton, Vietnam POW and ex-senator, dies Updated: Mar-28-14 5:50 pm
- Report: Global executions up 15 percent in 2013 Updated: Mar-26-14 8:58 pm
- Pa. company builds vast Vietnam War film archive Updated: Mar-23-14 4:55 pm
- US schools add Vietnamese to dual immersion Updated: Mar-22-14 3:10 pm
HANOI, Vietnam - A Chinese man who was being repatriated from Vietnam along with 15 other migrants seized a gun from a border guard on Friday, triggering a gunfight and standoff in which five Chinese and two Vietnamese guards died, Vietnam's government said.
HANOI, Vietnam - Vietnam has withdrawn as the host of the 2019 Asian Games, saying it lacked funds and the country's reputation could be at risk if the event flops.
HANOI, Vietnam - Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says Russia is still planning to meet with Ukrainian officials at an international conference in Geneva on Thursday.
HANOI, Vietnam - There were so few people watching Vietnam play Hong Kong in a recent Asian Cup qualifier that turnstile staff hardly bothered checking tickets on the damp, cold Hanoi evening.
HANOI, Vietnam - Vietnam has granted early release to two high-profile dissidents, bringing the number of democracy activists freed this month to three in what the government Monday called a "policy of leniency."
HANOI, Vietnam - Vietnamese police are investigating an alleged match-fixing incident involving 11 players from a top-flight local team.
HANOI, Vietnam - There were so few people watching Vietnam take on Hong Kong in a recent Asian Cup qualifier that turnstile staff hardly bothered checking tickets on the damp, cold Hanoi evening.
IRVINE, California - Irvine council members voted 3-2 to draw up new criteria for forming ties with foreign cities after a plan to join in "friendship" with Nha Trang in Vietnam was met with protest.
WASHINGTON - A prominent Vietnamese dissident whose father was an associate of the nation's founding president Ho Chi Minh arrived in the U.S. Monday after being released from prison by Vietnam, the State Department said.
BERLIN - Michael Guhle met the love of his life on the beach of a little fishing village in Vietnam. Thi An Nguyen was selling freshly cooked mussels and fruit to the German tourist and they immediately clicked. Soon the Berlin nursing home worker was saving up all of his money and vacation days to visit Nguyen.
TROY, Michigan - Troy resident Sue Scott has never stopped searching for her brother after he went missing during the Vietnam War.
Prisoner of war Jeremiah Denton declared his loyalty to the U.S. government during a 1966 interview for what was supposed to be a propaganda film. But his enraged captors missed his more covert message: "T-O-R-T-U-R-E," blinked into the camera in Morse code, a dispatch that would alert the U.S. military to the conditions he endured.
NEW YORK - The number of known executions around the world rose almost 15 percent in 2013, and the United States was among the five countries putting the most people to death, a new report says.
EASTON, Pennsylvania - It was built in bits and pieces.
GARDEN GROVE, California - When Thuy Vo Dang came to the U.S. as a young girl, her English took off. Her parents sent her to Vietnamese school on the weekends to learn her native language, but she eventually had to study it in graduate school to become fully literate.