- Former US Rep says he is in hiding in South Africa Updated: Mar-04-14 12:05 pm
- Ex-US Rep. Reynolds says he's hiding in S. Africa Updated: Mar-03-14 8:26 pm
- Ex-US Rep. Mel Reynolds deported from Zimbabwe Updated: Feb-24-14 3:53 am
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe celebrates 90th birthday Updated: Feb-23-14 12:53 pm
- Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe marks 90 years Updated: Feb-22-14 2:49 pm
- Ex-US congressman to reappear in Zimbabwe court Updated: Feb-20-14 1:01 pm
- Zimbabwe pardons 2,000 prisoners Updated: Feb-17-14 12:38 pm
- Zimbabwe appeals for $20 million flood relief Updated: Feb-12-14 6:58 am
JOHANNESBURG - Former U.S. Rep. Mel Reynolds said Tuesday he is in hiding in South Africa after being deported from Zimbabwe because he fears for his life for threatening to expose allegedly illegal business dealings between American businessmen and the southern African country.
CHICAGO - Former Illinois Congressman Mel Reynolds says he's in hiding after being deported from Zimbabwe for allegedly staying in the country with an expired visa.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Lawyers for former U.S. Rep. Mel Reynolds say he was deported to the U.S. after a paying a fine for violating Zimbabwe's immigration laws.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe, celebrating his 90th birthday before thousands of people at a soccer stadium Sunday, said he felt like a young boy and urged the nation to shun homosexuality.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Marking his 90th birthday, Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe said he isn't ready to retire.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - The lawyer for former U.S. Rep. Mel Reynolds said Thursday his client needed more time to understand the "essential elements" of the charges he faces after he failed to enter a plea on charges of violating immigration law.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwean authorities say President Robert Mugabe has pardoned 2,000 prisoners in an effort to ease overcrowding in the nation's prisons, which face a shortage of funds and even food.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - The Zimbabwean government is appealing for $20 million from international donors to evacuate and relocate 60,000 people living downstream of a dam in Masvingo province amid fears that the dam is likely to collapse.