- Chinese leader Xi Jinping welcomed in cash-strapped Zimbabwe Updated: Dec-01-15 7:34 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Thousands of people lined Harare's roads and welcomed Chinese president Xi Jinping, whose visit has raised hopes that China will help stabilize Zimbabwe's faltering economy.
- Chinese president to head to Africa Updated: Nov-30-15 10:13 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Some immigration signs at Zimbabwe's main international airport are in Chinese, a sign of China's deep economic inroads in Africa, which Chinese President Xi Jinping will visit this week.
- Xi to give speech at opening of Paris climate conference Updated: Nov-25-15 1:38 am
BEIJING - President Xi Jinping will speak at a key climate change conference in Paris later this month, before making state visits to South Africa and Zimbabwe, officials announced Wednesday.
- Cheating accusations mar Zimbabwe's 'Mister Ugly' contest Updated: Nov-23-15 6:11 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Pageant judges have crowned a new winner of Zimbabwe's 4th annual "Mister Ugly" contest, upsetting supporters of the crowd favorite who called the winner too handsome and prompting rioting at the event.
- Zimbabwe's first lady plans wheelchair for aging president Updated: Nov-21-15 3:58 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's first lady says she plans to get a "special" wheelchair for her 91-year-old husband so that he can continue to rule.
- First lady skips meals in solidarity with Zimbabwe's hungry Updated: Nov-19-15 10:32 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe's first lady, repeatedly criticized for her lavish shopping sprees, told her supporters that she now skips meals in solidarity with thousands of Zimbabweans facing hunger.
- Zimbabwean journalists arrested for elephant poaching report Updated: Nov-03-15 1:01 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Three journalists from a state-run weekly newspaper in Zimbabwe will be charged with slander for a front-page story that implicated an unnamed top police officer and other officials in fatal cyanide poisonings of more than 60 elephants by poachers, police said Tuesday.