- Minnesota dentist rarely discussed hunting with patients Updated: Jul-29-15 7:00 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota dentist who has become the target of worldwide outrage for hunting and killing a protected lion in Zimbabwe advised patients Wednesday to seek care elsewhere and said he rarely discussed his big-game hunting because it can be a "divisive and emotionally charged topic."
- The Latest: Hundreds protest lion killing at dentist office Updated: Jul-29-15 6:40 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Minnesota - The latest information on the Minnesota hunter and guides in Zimbabwe who killed a protected lion during a hunt in the African nation (all times are Central):
- US agency says it is 'deeply concerned' about lion kill Updated: Jul-29-15 4:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service says it is ready to assist Zimbabwe in its investigation of an American dentist's killing of a protected African lion and will conduct its own probe.
- FIFA fines Zimbabwe for missing women's Olympic qualifier Updated: Jul-29-15 7:33 am
ZURICH - FIFA has fined Zimbabwe and awarded Ivory Coast a 3-0 win after the Zimbabweans failed to show up for a women's Olympic qualifying game.
- US man accused in African lion death thought hunt was legal Updated: Jul-28-15 8:26 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Minnesota - An avid Minnesota hunter accused of illegally killing a protected lion in Zimbabwe said Tuesday that he thought everything about his trip was legal and wasn't aware of the animal's status "until the end of the hunt."
- Zimbabwe: American being sought for lion poaching Updated: Jul-28-15 3:18 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Zimbabwean police said Tuesday they are searching for an American who allegedly shot a well-known, protected lion known as Cecil with a crossbow in a killing that has outraged conservationists and others.
- Top Zimbabwean author Chenjerai Hove dies in exile in Norway Updated: Jul-13-15 11:25 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - One of Zimbabwe's leading writers, Chenjerai Hove, died in exile in Norway, a Zimbabwe writers' group confirmed Monday.
- Hundreds attend prayer rally for missing Zimbabwean activist Updated: Jul-11-15 1:14 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Church leaders and opposition politicians on Saturday accused the Zimbabwean government of foot-dragging in the search for an activist who has been missing for four months.
- Zimbabwean police drive out vendors in cleanup operation Updated: Jul-08-15 12:25 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Minor scuffles broke out as Zimbabwean police made good on a pledge to drive vendors from the capital's crowded sidewalks.
- Zimbabwean government exports elephants despite protest Updated: Jul-06-15 10:32 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Twenty elephants exported to China would be "better off" in Chinese zoos rather than struggling wildlife parks in Zimbabwe, the southern African nation's minister in charge of wildlife said on Monday, dismissing protests from animal rights groups.
- Olympic hopeful from Zimbabwe has found home in Augusta Updated: Jul-05-15 9:23 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Since arriving two years ago in Augusta, Pardon Ndhlovu has enjoyed training at a popular location.