- Relatives remember loved ones killed in Air Algerie crash Updated: Jul-24-15 12:49 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Family members gathered in Ouagadougou to remember loved ones who died a year ago in a plane crash that killed 116 people.
- Pew: Chinese stay optimistic in an otherwise gloomy world Updated: Jul-23-15 10:34 am
WASHINGTON - Maybe someone should tell the Chinese their economy is slowing. They don't seem to buy it.
- Burkina Faso's ex-president charged with treason Updated: Jul-17-15 6:16 am
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Blaise Compaore, the former president who ruled this West African country for nearly three decades, has been charged with "high treason" over his bid to change the constitution and run for a third term, state media said Thursday night.
- Burkina Faso president sets election date Updated: Jul-16-15 8:07 am
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Burkina Faso's transitional president has signed a decree fixing the date for the first round of presidential elections on Oct. 11.
- West Africa body denounces Burkina Faso electoral code Updated: Jul-13-15 3:44 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - The West African regional body has denounced an electoral code passed by Burkina Faso's transitional government in April, asking it to remove obstacles that could impede October elections.
- Guinea's ex-junta leader indicted for more than 156 deaths Updated: Jul-08-15 7:17 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Guinea's ex-junta leader was indicted Wednesday for the deaths of more than 156 people gathered at an opposition rally in 2009, his lawyer said.
- Burkina Faso: Father wants justice in sex abuse case Updated: Jul-05-15 1:05 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - The father of a 5-year-old girl who a French prosecutor says was sexually abused by a French soldier has hired a lawyer and vowed on Sunday to follow legal proceedings closely to ensure justice is done.
- 2 French soldiers arrested over Africa sex abuse allegations Updated: Jul-02-15 6:25 am
PARIS - Two French soldiers were arrested Thursday over allegations of child sex abuse in Burkina Faso.