- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup Updated: Jul-01-15 4:25 pm
With Sepp Blatter staying away, FIFA Senior Vice President and African soccer head Issa Hayatou will present the trophy at the Women's World Cup final in Canada, a senior official at Hayatou's Confederation of African Football said Wednesday.
- US same-sex marriage ruling likely to impact other countries Updated: Jun-27-15 8:47 pm
LONDON - The landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in favor of same-sex marriages has no legal force outside the United States, but gay rights activists in many parts of the world believe the court ruling will help their cause.
- Japan beats the Netherlands to reach World Cup quarterfinal Updated: Jun-24-15 1:33 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Japan coach Norio Sasaki apologized for the stressful, flurry of a finish.
- China advances with 1-0 victory over Cameroon Updated: Jun-20-15 11:11 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - It was abundantly clear on both sides of the ball: China's defense is the reason the team is headed for the quarterfinals.
- Germany beats Sweden, China ousts Cameroon at WWCup Updated: Jun-20-15 10:06 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Germany provided a dominating reminder of why it is deserving of its favorite tag at the Women's World Cup by beating Sweden 4-1 on Saturday to progress to the quarterfinals.
- Cameroon detains 84 children after raiding Quranic schools Updated: Jun-19-15 8:31 am
DAKAR, Senegal - Cameroonian authorities have been holding 84 children - some as young as 5 years old - for months without charge after officials accused their teachers at Quranic schools of running terrorist training camps, Amnesty International said Friday.
- Cameroon downs Switzerland 2-1 to advance to knockout stage Updated: Jun-16-15 7:31 pm
Madeleine Ngono Mani came off the bench to score one of two second-half goals as Cameroon became only the second African team to advance to the knockout stage of the Women's World Cup with a 2-1 win over Switzerland in Edmonton, Alberta, on Tuesday.
- African qualifying: Ghana wins big, Cameroon leaves it late Updated: Jun-14-15 6:23 pm
Asamoah Gyan scored twice as Ghana beat Mauritius 7-1 in the first round of African Cup of Nations qualifying on Sunday.
- Japan earns knockout berth with 2-1 win over Cameroon Updated: Jun-13-15 12:06 am
Aya Sameshima scored in the 6th minute as defending champion Japan became the first team at the women's World Cup to secure a berth in the knockout stage with a 2-1 victory over Cameroon on Friday night in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Miyama's penalty kick lifts Japan past Switzerland 1-0 Updated: Jun-09-15 12:16 am
Aya Miyama scored on a penalty kick in the 29th minute as defending Women's World Cup champion Japan opened with a 1-0 win over newcomer Switzerland in Vancouver, British Columbia, on Monday night.
- French firm urged to reimburse farmers in alleged land grabs Updated: Jun-04-15 1:05 pm
PARIS - Activists called Thursday for French conglomerate Bollore to return land, or compensate farmers, over disputed concessions for plantations in Cambodia and three African countries.