- Islamic extremist leader boasts of Nigerian attack Updated: Dec-12-13 5:50 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Host Brazil avoids tough group in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 4:55 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- FIFA dismisses Tunisia protest at Cameroon players Updated: Nov-28-13 9:02 am
- Driven from towns, Nigeria extremists hit villages Updated: Nov-22-13 1:23 pm
- Embiid shines for dad as No. 2 KU beats Iona 86-66 Updated: Nov-19-13 11:03 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - The leader of an Islamic extremist group in northeastern Nigeria boasts in a new video of a daring attack on military bases in a provincial capital and threatens to attack the United States next.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazil escaped tough opponents in the group stage of next year's World Cup but will probably face a major rival as early as the second round.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
ZURICH - FIFA says it has dismissed Tunisia's protest that claimed World Cup playoffs opponent Cameroon fielded two ineligible players.
YOLA, Nigeria - Hearing his neighbors' screams around midnight, a businessman in northeast Nigeria ripped off his pajamas and jumped out a window, hoping his dark skin would not be visible to the people attacking his village.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The gentleman dressed in the finely tailored suit, sitting among the teeming throng of Kansas fans inside Allen Fieldhouse, had never seen a real basketball game in person.