- UN: Some sexual abuse charges against peacekeepers ignored Updated: Aug-18-15 4:16 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The 12-year-old girl said she had been raped by a foreign soldier, one of many who had come to Central African Republic to calm sectarian violence. So the military commander brought her in front of a dozen of his soldiers and asked: Can you identify him?
- Cameroon pledges 2,450 troops to anti-Boko Haram force Updated: Aug-15-15 7:13 am
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - Cameroon's president has vowed to send 2,450 troops to join a regional army to fight Boko Haram, nearly tripling his initial pledge.
- Cameroon military releases 72 people illegally held Updated: Aug-11-15 9:16 am
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - Cameroon's military has freed 72 people, including children, held illegally in the north for periods ranging from eight months to four years, an official said Tuesday.
- Dozens return home after supposed kidnapping in Cameroon Updated: Aug-07-15 10:46 am
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - An official says dozens of children and teenagers who were thought to have been kidnapped by Islamic extremists from a village in Cameroon near the Nigerian border have returned home after having avoided being abducted.
- Cameroon expels thousands of Nigerians in Boko Haram fight Updated: Aug-04-15 3:47 pm
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - Cameroon has expelled more than 3,000 Nigerians as part of the fight against Nigeria's Islamic extremists who have launched attacks across borders, officials said Tuesday.