- FIFA appoints committee to take over Guinean federation Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 am
ZURICH - FIFA will appoint a normalization committee to take control of the Guinean soccer federation after what it called "internal wrangles" brought all competitions in the West African nation to a halt.
- US says piracy in Gulf of Guinea increasing at alarming rate Updated: Apr-25-16 7:59 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United States warned Monday that piracy and armed robbery are increasing at an alarming rate in the Gulf of Guinea, pointing to reports by industry experts of at least 32 attacks off the coast of Nigeria alone so far this year.
- French investigators search logistics firm Bollore Updated: Apr-13-16 1:35 pm
PARIS - The offices of leading French logistics firm Bollore Group have been searched as part of an investigation into whether the transport and logistics firm leaned on its public relations subsidiary Havas to win contracts to manage ports in West Africa, the company's lawyer said Wednesday.
- Mali authorities seek 2 Guineans who had Ebola contact Updated: Apr-13-16 9:14 am
BAMAKO, Mali - Malian health authorities say they are searching for two women who left Guinea after having had contact with a recent Ebola case.
- Eq. Guinea women's soccer team thrown out of Olympics again Updated: Apr-11-16 1:11 pm
ZURICH - FIFA disqualified the Equatorial Guinea women's soccer team from the 2020 Olympics on Monday for fielding a player with "forged or falsified documents," the latest sanction for a country with a history of selecting ineligible players from other nations.
- Liberia confirms 2nd new Ebola case, possibly from Guinea Updated: Apr-03-16 6:54 am
MONROVIA, Liberia - A second case of Ebola has been confirmed in Liberia months after the country had been declared free from transmissions, health officials said Sunday.
- WHO says new case of Ebola confirmed in Liberia Updated: Apr-01-16 10:57 am
MONROVIA, Liberia - A new case of Ebola has been confirmed in Liberia, the World Health Organization said Friday, a setback for the country which had been declared free from Ebola transmissions in January.