- Guinea to cancel BSG Resources-Vale mining rights Updated: Apr-19-14 1:58 pm
- West Africa's Ebola outbreak has claimed 137 lives Updated: Apr-17-14 12:25 pm
- Ebola virus in Africa outbreak is a new strain Updated: Apr-16-14 5:39 pm
- Guinea: Airport passengers screened for Ebola Updated: Apr-06-14 10:59 am
- 2 cases of deadly Ebola virus confirmed in Liberia Updated: Mar-30-14 9:07 pm
- Canada rules out suspected case of Ebola Updated: Mar-25-14 9:28 am
- Guinea: 29 dead from viral hemorrhagic fever Updated: Mar-22-14 10:35 am
CONAKRY, Guinea - The government of Guinea is planning to revoke the mining rights to one of the largest untapped iron ore deposits in the world, following a watchdog's recommendation.
DAKAR, Senegal - The World Health Organization says an Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa has claimed 137 lives.
The Ebola virus that has killed scores of people in Guinea this year is a new strain - evidence that the disease did not spread there from outbreaks in some other African nations, scientists report.
CONAKRY, Guinea - Health officials in Guinea say all passengers departing from the capital city's airport must fill out a health form and have their temperature taken as part of an effort to combat the spread of the deadly Ebola hemorrhagic fever.
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberia's health minister says two patients have tested positive for the deadly Ebola virus, which is already believed to have killed at least 70 people in neighboring Guinea.
TORONTO - Canadian officials investigating a man suspected of having contracted Ebola during a visit to West Africa say it has been determined he does not have the virus.
CONAKRY, Guinea - Guinea's ministry of health says that 49 people have been registered with viral hemorrhagic fever in the country's south since February, and 29 of those people have since died.