- Ebola-free Liberia cleared to host football games again Updated: May-22-15 4:21 pm
CAIRO - The Confederation of African Football has cleared Liberia to host international football games again after it was declared free of Ebola by the World Health Organization.
- Guinea families transport bodies in public taxis Updated: May-22-15 12:41 pm
CONAKRY, Guinea - Relatives of Ebola victims are transporting their bodies on public transportation in Guinea, seating the corpses upright between other passengers to skirt health controls and contributing to the spread of the deadly disease here, authorities said.
- School in Guinea named for boy killed in Minnesota rockslide Updated: May-20-15 3:07 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The family of a boy killed in a 2013 rockslide in St. Paul is starting a school in the Republic of Guinea to keep his name alive.
- Merkel: Global catastrophe plan needed after Ebola crisis Updated: May-18-15 7:21 am
BERLIN - The Ebola crisis in western Africa showed the world in a painful way that a global catastrophe plan is needed to deal with future epidemics, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Monday.
- Liberia's government holds celebration to mark Ebola's end Updated: May-11-15 2:44 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberians gathered in the streets of the capital on Monday to celebrate the end of the Ebola epidemic in this West African country.
- Ex-coup leader wants to run in Guinea presidential election Updated: May-11-15 12:50 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - A former coup leader who was forced into exile says he wants to run for president in Guinea's upcoming elections.
- Liberia cautiously marks end of Ebola after 4,700 deaths Updated: May-09-15 1:02 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - On the day Mercy Kennedy lost her mother to Ebola, it was hard to imagine a time when Liberia would be free from one of the world's deadliest viruses. It had swept through the 9-year-old's neighborhood, killing people house by house.
- UN: Lowest number of new weekly Ebola cases in West Africa Updated: May-07-15 6:25 am
LONDON - The World Health Organization says the number of Ebola cases reported in Guinea and Sierra Leone last week dropped to 18, the lowest total this year.
- Report: 5 months after infection, man spreads Ebola via sex Updated: May-01-15 3:31 pm
NEW YORK - Health officials now think Ebola survivors can spread the disease through unprotected sex nearly twice as long as previously believed.
- UN says it will try to identify all Ebola cases by June Updated: Apr-28-15 9:40 am
LONDON - The World Health Organization says it aims to identify and isolate all new Ebola cases in West Africa by the end of May to stop the spread of the lethal virus before the rainy season.
- UN chief names new head of Ebola mission as outbreak calms Updated: Apr-25-15 3:58 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - The U.N. chief on Saturday appointed a new head of the emergency mission responding to West Africa's Ebola crisis amid hopes that the world's deadliest outbreak of the virus will soon come to an end.