- Liberia records 1st Ebola death since July Updated: Nov-24-15 7:25 am
MONROVIA, Liberia - A teenage boy has died of Ebola in Liberia, a health official said Tuesday, the first fatality since July in one of the three West African countries hit hardest by the worst ever outbreak of the disease.
- The Latest: Senegal president visits Mali attack site Updated: Nov-22-15 3:09 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - The latest on the attack on a hotel in the Malian capital of Bamako. (All times local):
- Health authorities: 3 new Ebola cases in Liberia Updated: Nov-20-15 2:23 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - Three new Ebola cases have been confirmed in Liberia, a health official said Friday, more than two months after the West African nation was declared Ebola-free for a second time.
- UN Ebola chief says priority now is helping 15,000 survivors Updated: Nov-18-15 8:24 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations Ebola chief said Wednesday his top priority now that the deadly Ebola epidemic appears to be nearing an end is helping more than 15,000 survivors who need medical and psychological support.
- Guinea begins countdown to end of Ebola after nearly 2 years Updated: Nov-17-15 7:35 am
CONAKRY, Guinea - Authorities have started the countdown to the end of Ebola in Guinea, the last country still reporting cases after nearly two years and more than 11,000 deaths worldwide, health officials said Tuesday.
- Morocco, Guinea win in WCup qualifying, Uganda upsets Togo Updated: Nov-12-15 4:44 pm
Morocco, Guinea and Congo all won their first-leg games in World Cup qualifying on Thursday, while there were upsets as Uganda won in Togo and Benin beat Burkina Faso.