- Thousands seek refuge at Central African airport Updated: Dec-06-13 5:41 pm
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Witness: 21-year-old killed by gunfire in Guinea Updated: Nov-25-13 12:45 pm
- 12 gold miners dead in Guinea after collapse Updated: Nov-20-13 11:39 am
- Teenager killed in clash with Guinea police Updated: Nov-18-13 9:19 am
- Guinea police disperse opposition protest Updated: Nov-16-13 9:31 am
- Guinea vote results uphold ruling party victory Updated: Nov-15-13 8:32 pm
- Coach defends Spain vs Equatoria Guinea match Updated: Nov-15-13 10:49 am
- Spain won't say why it's playing Equatorial Guinea Updated: Nov-14-13 11:46 am
- Poll finds 1/3 Africans paid bribes in past year Updated: Nov-13-13 12:57 pm
- Costa called on for Spain's friendlies in Africa Updated: Nov-07-13 12:39 pm
BANGUI, Central African Republic - Thousands of Christian civilians sought refuge at an airport guarded by French soldiers Friday, fleeing from the mostly Muslim ex-rebels with machetes and guns who rule the country a day after the worst violence to hit the chaotic capital in nine months.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
CONAKRY, Guinea - Witnesses say a 21-year-old man has been killed by gunfire in Guinea's capital amid growing tensions between security forces and opposition supporters.
CONAKRY, Guinea - Residents in a mining town in northern Guinea say at least a dozen people are dead after a landslide in the area where they were searching for gold.
CONAKRY, Guinea - A teenager was killed and five other civilians were injured during clashes with Guinea's police after a pro-opposition journalist claimed he risked being kidnapped by the security forces, a government spokesman said Monday.
CONAKRY, Guinea - Guinean riot police fired tear gas to disperse opposition activists protesting the Supreme Court's confirmation that the ruling party won the country's divisive elections.
CONAKRY, Guinea - A judicial official with Guinea's supreme court has issued final results from the country's divisive legislative election.
MALABO, Equatorial Guinea - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has defended the country's decision to play an international exhibition in Equatorial Guinea amid disapproval that the visit legitimized a regime criticized for human rights violations.
MADRID - Spain's national soccer team is playing an exhibition game at Equatorial Guinea. And the country's soccer federation won't say why.
DAKAR, Senegal - Nearly one-third of Africans surveyed say they have been forced to pay bribes including for medical treatment, according to a 34-nation poll released Wednesday.
MADRID - Brazilian-born, naturalized Spanish striker Diego Costa was called up for the first time by Spain to play in a pair of friendlies in Africa.