- Liberian president marches to protest rape Updated: Dec-02-13 1:28 pm
- Mercer Univ. chair to head Liberian seminary Updated: Nov-21-13 7:11 pm
- Liberia court closes libel case against editor Updated: Nov-18-13 11:20 am
- Official: Liberia guard smuggled drugs worth $4M Updated: Nov-12-13 12:40 pm
- Official: Liberian president's convoy smuggled pot Updated: Nov-11-13 10:44 am
- Liberian editor says libel case to be settled soon Updated: Nov-10-13 10:52 am
- Liberia blocks motorcycle taxis from main roads Updated: Nov-06-13 12:25 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and thousands of citizens marched through the main streets of Monrovia Monday to denounce rape which has remained a problem in the West African country since the civil war ended 10 years ago.
MACON, Georgia - A Mercer University administrator is going to head a Baptist seminary in the west African nation of Liberia.
MONROVIA, Liberia - A Liberian editor jailed earlier this year in a libel case says a court in Monrovia has formally closed proceedings against him, ending an episode that tarnished President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's press freedom record.
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberia's Drug Enforcement Agency says marijuana smuggled over the border from Sierra Leone by a member President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's motorcade is valued at more than $4 million.
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberia's Drug Enforcement Agency has arrested the head of the presidential motorcade for allegedly using an official vehicle to smuggle 297 kilograms (654 pounds) of marijuana into Liberia from neighboring Sierra Leone, officials said Monday.
MONROVIA, Liberia - A Liberian editor jailed earlier this year in a libel case that sparked an international outcry said Sunday he is confident his legal troubles will soon be resolved.
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberian officials have banned motorcycle taxis from the main roads of the capital city, Monrovia, sparking outcry from drivers and frustrated commuters who were forced to walk for hours to reach their offices.