- French president 'vigilant' after Africa threat Updated: Mar-11-14 9:41 am
- 2 aid workers injured in Mali land mine blast Updated: Feb-26-14 11:07 am
- Mali: 5 bodies discovered near military barracks Updated: Feb-24-14 9:58 am
- Mali: 800 workers chased from mine by 8 gunmen Updated: Feb-23-14 10:41 am
- French-German brigade to train troops in Mali Updated: Feb-19-14 12:34 pm
- 3 rockets land outside Timbuktu in northern Mali Updated: Feb-17-14 10:28 am
- Mali ex-defense minister charged in soldier deaths Updated: Feb-14-14 5:27 pm
- 30 dead in clash with al-Qaida-linked rebels Updated: Feb-12-14 8:07 am
- Government account of Mali clashes disputed Updated: Feb-10-14 2:29 pm
- Mali music festival returns after end of war Updated: Feb-10-14 1:15 pm
- Red Cross: 4 employees missing in northern Mali Updated: Feb-10-14 12:49 pm
PARIS - A jihadist network connected to al-Qaida has distributed online pictures and messages calling for attacks on France and President Francois Hollande over French military operations in Mali and Central African Republic.
BAMAKO, Mali - A French military spokesman says two medical aid workers were injured when their vehicle hit a land mine in the northern Mali city of Kidal.
BAMAKO, Mali - Mali's top prosecutor says five bodies were discovered in two graves near a military barracks outside the capital.
BAMAKO, Mali - A miner says that armed men closed a large salt mine in northern Mali by forcing more than 800 workers to leave.
PARIS - For the first time since the start of World War I, a French-German brigade will be deployed to Africa, to help train soldiers and police in Mali in the aftermath of France's intervention to uproot Islamic extremists there.
BAMAKO, Mali - A spokesman for the United Nations peacekeeping mission in Mali says three explosions have gone off outside the northern town of Timbuktu.
BAMAKO, Mali - Authorities have charged Mali's former defense minister and two other top ex-officials in connection with the slayings of 21 soldiers who had opposed a coup leader's rise to power, government officials said Friday.
BAMAKO, Mali - A Malian intelligence official confirmed that 30 people were killed near the Mali-Niger border after a clash pitting armed villagers against members of an al-Qaida-linked rebel group.
BAMAKO, Mali - Clashes in northern Mali that killed 31 people last week appear to have involved local Tuareg and Peul communities, the country's U.N. mission and Human Rights Watch said Monday, not a terrorist attack as the government said.
SEGOU, Mali - Long before Mali captured the global spotlight as an al-Qaida training ground where French soldiers had to intervene, the West African nation was celebrated for producing some of the biggest stars in world music.
DAKAR, Senegal - A Red Cross spokesman says a vehicle carrying five people has gone missing in northern Mali.