- Jihadists destroy proposed world heritage site in Mali Updated: May-04-15 2:01 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - Jihadists have destroyed a mausoleum in central Mali that had been submitted as a U.N. World Heritage site, leaving behind a warning that they will come after all those who don't follow their strict version of Islam, a witness said Monday.
- Spain premier makes visit to 2 west African countries Updated: May-03-15 1:25 pm
MADRID - Spain's prime minister has started a two-day trip to two west African countries as Europe faces pressure from jihadis and migrants making perilous sea crossings seeking a better life.
- Rebels attack town in north Mali; thousands march for peace Updated: May-02-15 4:01 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - Thousands of people marched in Mali's capital calling for peace in the north, as a resident in the town of Dire reported an attack by Tuareg rebels.
- Dutch hostage freed from Mali militants thanks French troops Updated: Apr-09-15 1:04 pm
AMSTERDAM - A Dutch train driver held for more than three years by Islamic militants said Thursday he stayed fit during his captivity by working out with improvised equipment and ate pasta so often that he doesn't want to see another plate of it any time soon.
- Dutch ex-hostage heads home after rescue in Mali Updated: Apr-07-15 4:04 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - A Dutch national who was held in captivity by Islamic militants for more than three years has left Mali and is headed back home, officials said Tuesday.
- Mali officials: 1 killed, 3 injured in attack in north Updated: Apr-05-15 9:28 am
BAMAKO, Mali - One person was killed and three injured on Sunday as unidentified assailants shelled the city of Gao in northern Mali, the country's U.N. peacekeeping mission and a hospital official said.