- Relatives remember loved ones killed in Air Algerie crash Updated: Jul-24-15 12:49 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - Family members gathered in Ouagadougou to remember loved ones who died a year ago in a plane crash that killed 116 people.
- South African aid group works to free hostages Updated: Jul-23-15 9:16 am
JOHANNESBURG - A video showing a South African and a Swedish hostage alive in Mali after three years, is a sign that their captors are willing to negotiate, the founder of a South African humanitarian organization said Thursday.
- Timbuktu's mausoleums restored years after destruction Updated: Jul-19-15 11:28 am
TIMBUKTU, Mali - Fourteen mausoleums in Mali's northern city of Timbuktu that were destroyed by Islamic extremists have been restored by the United Nations.
- Tunisian government says top terrorists killed Updated: Jul-12-15 7:25 pm
TUNIS, Tunisia - Tunisia's interior minister said the government has killed an extremist leader and nearly wiped out his group, as European tourists continue to leave the country amid fears of new attacks.
- Official: Mali army disrupts attack plot in capital Updated: Jul-11-15 12:47 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - Special forces in Mali disrupted a network of at least six Islamic extremists plotting an attack in the country's capital, an army commander said Saturday.
- Mali extremist traded for French hostage killed in attack Updated: Jul-06-15 4:16 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - French special forces have killed an Islamic extremist in northern Mali who had been released last year in exchange for the freedom of a French hostage, a Malian official said Monday.