- Nigerian survivor almost missed rescue diver Updated: Dec-11-13 12:43 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Nigeria's Abuja international airport closed Updated: Dec-05-13 9:16 am
- Nigeria: Trial for 500 Islamic extremist suspects Updated: Dec-04-13 8:16 am
- Nigerian ambassador to visit Dubuque for event Updated: Dec-04-13 5:18 am
- Nigerian man survives 3 days at bottom of Atlantic Updated: Dec-03-13 6:28 pm
- Nigeria FA head's email hacked, doesn't need cash Updated: Dec-03-13 2:08 pm
- Islamic militants attack Nigerian air force base Updated: Dec-02-13 2:07 pm
- Nigerian-Lebanese sentenced to life for arms cache Updated: Nov-29-13 11:46 am
- Police arrest Nigerian with cocaine worth $500,000 Updated: Nov-28-13 9:58 am
- Islamic police destroy beer in north Nigerian city Updated: Nov-28-13 9:31 am
- Key Nigerian governors defect to opposition Updated: Nov-27-13 10:01 am
- Military: Gunmen kill 37 in central Nigeria Updated: Nov-26-13 1:22 pm
- Nigeria FA disciplinary head banned for 10 years Updated: Nov-26-13 12:42 pm
- Driven from towns, Nigeria extremists hit villages Updated: Nov-22-13 1:23 pm
- Nigerian president ill in London, advised rest Updated: Nov-21-13 11:02 am
- Gunmen kill police officer in northern Nigeria Updated: Nov-19-13 6:13 am
- Rossi scores in Italy's 2-2 draw with Nigeria Updated: Nov-18-13 5:32 pm
- Nigerian vigilantes accused of killing herdsmen Updated: Nov-18-13 12:44 pm
- Nigeria militants say they kidnapped Americans Updated: Nov-17-13 2:22 pm
- Frenchman escaped 11 months captivity in Nigeria Updated: Nov-17-13 10:20 am
- Nigeria 1st African team to qualify for World Cup Updated: Nov-16-13 5:35 pm
- Nigeria, Ivory Coast qualify for World Cup Updated: Nov-16-13 5:32 pm
- Soldiers raid Boko Haram stronghold in Nigeria Updated: Nov-16-13 12:23 pm
- Nigerian convicted of deadly Boko Haram attack Updated: Nov-15-13 1:53 pm
WARRI, Nigeria - He had survived three days in an upside down tugboat at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean and then he saw lights in the water. Air bubbles rose around the cook as he squatted in an air pocket. A diver was coming. Rescue seemed imminent for Harrison Odjegba Okene.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigeria's Aviation Ministry says the international airport at the country's capital, Abuja, is closed with the runway blocked by a Saudi cargo plane.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's military is recommending immediate trial for 500 suspected extremist militants and the president is promising an economic boost for the northeast region confronting an Islamic uprising - both issues that address concerns expressed by the United States.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The ambassador of Nigeria is coming to Dubuque.
LAGOS, Nigeria - About 100 feet down, on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, divers had already pulled four bodies out of the sunken tugboat. Then a hand appeared on a TV screen monitoring the recovery.
ABUJA, Nigeria - The president of the Nigerian Football Federation says his email account has been hacked and that he doesn't need money from his friends.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Hundreds of Islamic militants in trucks and a stolen armored personnel carrier attacked an air force base and international airport on the outskirts of a Nigerian city before dawn Monday, officials and witnesses said, possibly leaving scores of people dead in one of the insurgent group's most daring attacks.
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigeria's Federal High Court has sentenced a Nigerian-Lebanese accused of belonging to Hezbollah to two terms of life imprisonment for an arms cache hidden in a concrete bunker under a home in the country's troubled north.
KANO, Nigeria - Police say they have arrested a 28-year-old Nigerian carrying a half million dollars' worth of cocaine stashed in speakers that he carried from Sao Paolo, in Brazil, to the northern Nigerian city of Kano.
KANO, Nigeria - Islamic police shouted "God is great" as an earthmover shattered 240,000 bottles of beer in a widening crackdown in Nigeria's northern city of Kano.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Five key Nigerian governors have defected to the opposition, in a blow to President Goodluck Jonathan's governing party and its chances for re-election in 2015.
JOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's military says gunmen killed 37 villagers in overnight attacks on four villages in the central Plateau state riven by conflicts over land rights between mainly Christian farmers and Muslim nomadic herdsmen.
ABUJA, Nigeria - The Nigeria Football Federation has banned the chairman of its own disciplinary committee for 10 years for taking a bribe from a club.
YOLA, Nigeria - Hearing his neighbors' screams around midnight, a businessman in northeast Nigeria ripped off his pajamas and jumped out a window, hoping his dark skin would not be visible to the people attacking his village.
ABUJA, Nigeria - An official says Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan is "indisposed" in London and doctors have advised he "rest for a few days."
GOMBE, Nigeria - Nigerian police say one officer was killed when gunmen attacked a police station in Gombe state in northern Nigeria.
LONDON - Giuseppe Rossi put his injury troubles behind him by scoring on his first Italy start in two years in a lively 2-2 draw with Nigeria on Monday.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Nigerian police say they are investigating the deaths of eight herdsmen allegedly killed early this month by vigilantes hunting Islamic militants near the Niger border.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Rebels are claiming responsibility for the kidnapping and release for ransom of two American sailors off the coast of the oil-rich Niger Delta.
PARIS - A French engineer kidnapped in northern Nigeria 11 months ago escaped on a motorcycle without paying ransom and will fly back to France on Sunday, police said.
CALABAR, Nigeria - Nigeria qualified for the World Cup on Saturday, continuing an outstanding year for the African champion after it claimed the continental title for the first time in nearly two decades.
Nigeria and Ivory Coast have qualified for the World Cup.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Nigeria's military says it has killed 20 insurgents by raiding a Boko Haram stronghold and staging ground for attacks on villages and motorists.
ABUJA, Nigeria - A court has convicted a Nigerian member of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram of killing three people in a bombing and sentenced him to life in prison.