- US hosts Azerbaijan, Turkey, Nigeria in warmups Updated: Mar-06-14 3:57 pm
- 4 accused gays whipped in north Nigerian court Updated: Mar-06-14 1:05 pm
- Nigeria gets new defense minister Updated: Mar-06-14 7:55 am
- Militants kill 11 people in their homes in Nigeria Updated: Mar-04-14 4:06 pm
- 7 suspected Nigerian militants are arrested Updated: Mar-03-14 3:26 pm
- Gunmen kill 3 policemen in Nigeria Updated: Mar-03-14 2:40 pm
- Nigeria bloodshed continues with 32 dead Updated: Mar-03-14 12:57 pm
- 90 killed in 2 attacks in northern Nigeria Updated: Mar-02-14 11:29 am
- African champion Nigeria unveils lime-green jersey Updated: Feb-27-14 3:48 pm
- Shell Nigeria closes major pipeline, cites theft Updated: Feb-27-14 1:10 pm
- Russian gays marry, will seek asylum in Argentina Updated: Feb-25-14 5:10 pm
- Ousted Nigerian banker: How many billions missing? Updated: Feb-25-14 8:35 am
- Nigeria military closes state border with Cameroon Updated: Feb-22-14 11:26 am
- Quiet diplomacy faulted for Africa's anti-gay laws Updated: Feb-20-14 6:26 am
- Niger army says it foiled Boko Haram attack Updated: Feb-17-14 11:46 am
- Mob attacks alleged gays in Nigerian capital Updated: Feb-15-14 9:19 am
- Nigeria orders audit for billions of petrodollars Updated: Feb-14-14 8:01 am
CHICAGO - The United States will prepare for the World Cup with home exhibition games against Azerbaijan, Turkey and Nigeria.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Four young men were convicted of gay sex and whipped publicly as punishment Thursday in an Islamic court in northern Nigeria, a human rights activist said.
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigeria's president has appointed a retired general from the mainly Muslim north to be the new minister of defense as the country confronts an increasing number of ever-deadlier attacks by Islamic extremists staging an uprising in the northeast.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Officials say Islamic militants have burned 11 people to death inside their homes in northeastern Nigeria, where frequent attacks have claimed at least 130 lives in the past four days alone.
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigeria's Department of State services says it has arrested seven suspected Islamic militants in connection with the killing of a pro-Western sheik who preached against Islamic extremism, his wife and their son.
KANO, Nigeria - Nigerian police say three policemen have been killed by suspected Islamic militants in Katsina, a northern state outside the region in which the militants usually operate.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Ending a weekend of violence, 32 people were killed in the northern Nigerian village of Mafa Sunday night after soldiers fled the area, outgunned by suspected Islamist insurgents, officials said.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Twin car bombs at a bustling city marketplace blasted buildings to rubble and tore apart bodies the same night an attack on a farming village razed every thatched-roof hut.
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigeria has unveiled new lime-green jerseys it will wear at the World Cup in Brazil.
WARRI, Nigeria - Shell Nigeria said Thursday it has closed a 6,000-kilometer (3,700-mile) oil pipeline to repair leaks from oil theft.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Two Russian homosexuals married Tuesday in Argentina and said they would seek asylum from the violence they fear back home in the Olympic city of Sochi, joining a growing number of other gays seeking marriage and refuge abroad.
LAGOS, Nigeria - The ousted governor of Nigeria's Central Bank says no one can say how many billions of petrodollars are missing from state coffers until there is an investigation.
YOLA, Nigeria - Nigeria's military says it has closed hundreds of miles (kilometers) of its northeastern border with Cameroon to stop Islamic extremists using the country as a haven and launch pad for attacks.
DAKAR, Senegal - Last month, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni met in his office with a team of U.S.-based rights activists concerned about legislation that would impose life sentences for some homosexual acts. South African retired Archbishop Desmond Tutu joined them by phone, pointing out similarities between Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Bill and racist laws enforced under South Africa's former apartheid government.
NIAMEY, Niger - The head of Niger's army says the country has foiled an attack that was being planned by radical Islamic militants who are based in neighboring Nigeria.
ABUJA, Nigeria - A mob armed with wooden clubs and iron bars, screaming that they were going to "cleanse" their neighborhood of gay people, dragged 14 young men from their beds and assaulted them, human rights activists said Saturday.
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigeria's Senate is ordering a forensic audit to track down billions of missing petrodollars.