- Islamic militants detained in central Nigeria Updated: Apr-23-14 3:42 pm
- 230 girls abducted in Nigeria still missing Updated: Apr-22-14 9:40 am
- Nigerians mark Easter amid mourning and fear Updated: Apr-20-14 10:58 pm
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter Updated: Apr-20-14 10:55 am
- Islamic militants claim this week's Nigeria blast Updated: Apr-19-14 2:28 pm
- Nigeria preacher: Healer or controversial leader? Updated: Apr-19-14 11:40 am
- Thugs with machetes attack Nigerian party congress Updated: Apr-17-14 2:43 pm
- AP names Nigeria chief of bureau Updated: Apr-16-14 12:34 pm
- Nigeria complains about Mugabe calling it corrupt Updated: Apr-11-14 5:56 am
- Child bride forced to marry poisons groom Updated: Apr-10-14 11:10 am
- Nigeria better-placed than ever for a World Cup? Updated: Apr-10-14 6:09 am
- Stephen Keshi is Nigeria's 'Big Boss' Updated: Apr-10-14 6:09 am
- 5 Nigeria players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:09 am
- Nigeria human rights advocate hails progress Updated: Apr-09-14 2:05 pm
- Nigerian Air Force buying new fighters, choppers Updated: Apr-09-14 12:08 pm
- Nigeria commission fines agency in killings Updated: Apr-07-14 12:41 pm
- Nigeria: Economy $510 billion, biggest in Africa Updated: Apr-06-14 12:20 pm
- 2 priests, Canadian nun abducted in Cameroon Updated: Apr-05-14 11:37 am
- Fuel shortages dog Africa's biggest oil producer Updated: Apr-05-14 11:08 am
- No help for refugees of Nigeria Islamic uprising Updated: Apr-04-14 10:30 am
- Nigeria court rewards damages to top banker Updated: Apr-03-14 12:49 pm
- Nigeria's Nollywood: most prolific movie machine Updated: Apr-03-14 12:09 pm
- 1968 Olympic champ Evans given doping ban Updated: Apr-01-14 10:12 am
- 2 freed of gay charges in Nigerian Shariah court Updated: Apr-01-14 8:19 am
- Catholic church in north Nigeria set aflame Updated: Mar-31-14 1:39 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - A "group of terrorists" masquerading as herders have been arrested in Nigeria's central-east Taraba state, the military said Wednesday amid indications that the country's Islamic uprising is spreading.
CHIBOK, Nigeria - A week after Islamic extremists stormed a remote boarding school in northeast Nigeria, more than 200 girls and young women remain missing despite a "hot pursuit" by security forces and an independent search by desperate fathers who headed into a dangerous forest to find their daughters.
LAGOS, Nigeria - With little to celebrate, Nigerians marked Easter Sunday with heightened security against a spreading Islamic uprising, mourning the deaths of at least 75 bomb blast victims and fearful of the fate of 85 abducted schoolgirls.
VATICAN CITY - Marking Christianity's most hopeful day, Pope Francis made an Easter Sunday plea for peace and dialogue in Ukraine and Syria, for an end to terrorist attacks against Christians in Nigeria and for more attention to the hungry and neediest close to home.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Islamic extremists Saturday claimed responsibility for the massive rush-hour explosion earlier this week that ripped through a busy bus station in Nigeria's capital, Abuja, killing at least 75 people and wounding 141.
LAGOS, Nigeria - It's Sunday, and 15,000 people are seated in the enormous arena-like church, fanning themselves against the dusty humid air in Nigeria.
KADUNA, Nigeria - Nigerian officials say machete-wielding thugs have attacked delegates at a meeting of Nigeria's main opposition coalition, wounding scores in the northern city of Kaduna.
JOHANNESBURG - The Associated Press has named Michelle Faul, who has covered the major stories of Africa over the past three decades, as its bureau chief in Nigeria.
LAGOS, Nigeria - The official News Agency of Nigeria reports Zimbabwe's envoy has been called in for a complaint about President Robert Mugabe's remarks about corruption in Nigeria.
KANO, Nigeria - A child bride forced into marriage in Nigeria killed a groom and three of his friends with a poisoned meal, police said Thursday.
Nigeria may be better-placed than ever to go far at the World Cup - if the problems posed by an overbearing football federation stay away.
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi lifted Africa's fallen giant to the continental title after two decades of underachievement, and lived up to his "Big Boss" nickname by retaining control even after the national federation threatened to fire him midway through the tournament.
Powered by forwards Emmanuel Emenike and Victor Moses, Nigeria won its first African Cup title in nearly two decades last year. The next step is to achieve something at the World Cup.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Two generals and top officials of Nigeria's feared State Security Service had to testify at the National Human Rights Commission's hearing on the killings of unarmed civilians - a "quantum leap" in accountability in Nigeria, according to the country's top rights advocate.
ABUJA, Nigeria - The chief of Nigeria's air force says it is buying new fighter jets and helicopters.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's National Human Rights Commission finds security agents responsible for the unlawful killings of eight civilians in a September raid in Abuja, the Nigerian capital.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's recalculated economy is worth $510 billion, by far the biggest in Africa, officials announced Sunday using long overdue revised data that gives the West African nation continental bragging rights but does little for the 70 percent of its citizens living in poverty.
ROME - Armed groups on Saturday abducted two Italian priests and a Canadian nun working as missionaries in northern Cameroon, Italy's government and Catholic church officials said.
LAGOS, Nigeria - The man in the large SUV forces his way to the front of the line at the gas station, ignoring the blaring horns and threats of fisticuffs from drivers who have slept in their cars and waited for more than 12 hours for the scarce fuel.
LAGOS, Nigeria - An American university professor says hundreds of refugees from northeast Nigeria's Islamic uprising are worrying where their next meal will come from as are the equally impoverished families that have taken them in.
LAGOS, Nigeria - A Federal High Court has ordered Nigeria's government to pay damages of about $300,000 to the ex-Central Bank governor who was suspended after revealing an estimated $20 billion in missing oil revenues.
LAGOS, Nigeria - A 15-second drum roll and the title of the film, "Deceptive Heart," comes crashing onto the screen in a groovy 1970s font.
LAGOS, Nigeria - Lee Evans, the double Olympic champion whose world track records at the 1968 Games stood for 20 years, has been banned from coaching for four years for providing a minor in Nigeria with performance-enhancing substances, the country's athletics federation said.
BAUCHI, Nigeria - A Nigerian Shariah court has freed two men accused of gay sex and belonging to a homosexual club, saying the prosecution failed to prove its case.
KANO, Nigeria - Witnesses and an official say angry Muslim youths set ablaze a Catholic church and tried to destroy an attached school in northern Nigeria over an alleged insult to the Prophet Muhammad.