- Embattled former oil minister asks Nigerians for prayers Updated: Oct-09-15 1:56 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - The family of the former oil minister is asking Nigerians to pray for her as she fights cancer and British allegations of corruption.
- Alleged mastermind of Nigeria bomb attempts suicide in court Updated: Oct-07-15 4:17 pm
ABUJA, Nigeria - He's alive: the message comes from Nigerian prison officials after the alleged mastermind of a 2010 bomb attack at Nigeria's Independence Day celebrations tried to kill himself at a court hearing, followed by rumors he had died in jail.
- Nigeria: Suicide bombers kill 40 including in 2 mosques Updated: Oct-07-15 4:01 pm
DAMATURU, Nigeria - Suicide bombers, some screaming "God is great," killed at least 40 people in two northeastern Nigerian states Wednesday, including explosions in two mosques, officials and witnesses said. All the bombers died.
- Nigeria Senate names 20 nominees for president's new Cabinet Updated: Oct-06-15 12:33 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's Senate announced 20 nominees for the Cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, representing all regions of this West African nation but only three women in a team expected to fight endemic corruption.
- Official: Multiple bomb blasts in Nigerian capital, 15 dead Updated: Oct-03-15 12:54 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Several bombs in two locations of the Nigerian capital, Abuja, killed at least 15 people, the National Emergency Management Agency said Saturday.
- Christian evangelicals in Jerusalem show love for Israel Updated: Oct-01-15 2:49 am
JERUSALEM - Thousands of evangelical Christians from more than 80 countries descended upon Jerusalem this week to show their support for the Jewish state, including pilgrims and politicians from countries with a history of hostility toward Israel.
- Nigerian president also plans to be oil minister Updated: Sep-30-15 3:55 pm
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, who has promised to fight corruption embedded in the oil industry, plans to be the Cabinet minister in charge of the oil sector, a spokesman said Wednesday.
- Shell Nigeria stops Forcados pipeline exports after leak Updated: Sep-30-15 3:41 pm
WARRI, Nigeria - Shell Nigeria says yet another leak on the Trans Forcados Pipeline is forcing it to stop exports from the terminal that carries one fifth of Nigeria's exports.
- Nigeria revels in removal from list of polio-endemic nations Updated: Sep-26-15 12:08 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria on Saturday celebrated the announcement by the U.N. health agency that polio is no longer endemic in the West African country.
- No. 3 Mississippi's Robert Nkemdiche dominating for Rebels Updated: Sep-24-15 1:57 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Robert Nkemdiche's eyes light up when talking about the transformation that's made him one of college football's most dominant players.
- UN: Global food needs are outstripping donor generosity Updated: Sep-22-15 6:04 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The head of the U.N. food agency said Tuesday the overwhelming humanitarian needs in crises from Syria, Yemen and Iraq to South Sudan and Africa's Sahel region are outstripping the generosity of donors, and it is seeking new sources of money.
- Nigerian official: 54 die in blasts in Borno state capital Updated: Sep-21-15 12:13 pm
ABUJA, Nigeria - Suspected Islamic extremists killed at least 54 people when they detonated explosive devices in crowded places Sunday night in Maiduguri the capital of the northeastern state of Borno, members of civilian defense group said Monday.
- UNICEF: 500,000 children are on the run from Boko Haram Updated: Sep-18-15 6:36 am
GENEVA - UNICEF says attacks by armed extremist group Boko Haram have forced 500,000 children to flee their homes in the last five months.
- Nigeria's slam poets rail at corruption, call for change Updated: Sep-15-15 8:49 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's young poets hurled words against the injustices plaguing the giant of Africa, from corruption to Boko Haram's insurgency, in the fifth "War of Words" poetry slam.
- Cameroon officials hail self-defense response to Boko Haram Updated: Sep-14-15 11:42 am
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - Officials in Cameroon's north on Monday praised a local self-defense group for confronting Boko Haram militants during a suicide bombing attack over the weekend, a move they said greatly reduced fatalities.
- Official: Nigeria school building collapses kills at least 4 Updated: Sep-14-15 9:31 am
JOS, Nigeria - A one story, mud-brick school building collapsed, killing four students and injuring 24, an official said Monday.
- Explosion in Nigerian displacement camp kills 7 Updated: Sep-11-15 4:44 pm
YOLA, Nigeria - Seven people were killed in an explosion Friday at a Nigerian camp for people displaced by Islamic extremist attacks, an official said.
- Actor Danny Glover in Nigeria to star in movie about Ebola Updated: Sep-10-15 3:45 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - U.S. actor Danny Glover said Thursday that he is in Nigeria to star in a movie based on people who risked and sacrificed their lives to stop the spread of Ebola in Africa's most populous country.