- Ex-Senegalese president's son to face graft trial Updated: Apr-17-14 2:14 pm
- West Africa's Ebola outbreak has claimed 137 lives Updated: Apr-17-14 12:25 pm
- Protector of vast African park shot and wounded Updated: Apr-16-14 2:19 pm
- Belgian head of Congo's Virunga park shot Updated: Apr-16-14 11:00 am
- Senegal to send Mali 250 more peacekeeping troops Updated: Apr-14-14 1:58 pm
- Report: Senegal failing to stop child begging Updated: Mar-19-14 10:16 am
DAKAR, Senegal - An official says the son of Senegal's former president will be tried for illicit enrichment following an investigation into how he amassed his multimillion-dollar fortune.
DAKAR, Senegal - The World Health Organization says an Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa has claimed 137 lives.
DAKAR, Senegal - A Belgian royal who, as director of a vast national park in eastern Congo has defended endangered mountain gorillas and other animals from poachers and the forests from illegal logging, was shot and seriously wounded as he drove through the park, officials said Wednesday.
DAKAR, Senegal - The Belgian director of Africa's oldest national park, a reserve in conflict-ridden eastern Congo, has been shot and seriously wounded but his condition is improving, park officials said.
DAKAR, Senegal - Senegal plans to send more peacekeeping troops to neighboring Mali, where international forces are trying to restore stability after jihadi extremists took over the country's north.
DAKAR, Senegal - An international human rights group says Senegal's government has failed to make good on promises to close residential schools with decrepit housing.