- Senegal, US sign defense cooperation agreement Updated: May-02-16 7:34 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - The United States and Senegal signed an agreement Monday to ease access for U.S. troops should they need to deploy to the West African nation in the case of a humanitarian or security crisis.
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Updated: Apr-20-16 5:15 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia has signed forward Pape Diatta (pronounced Pop Dee-ah-tuh), a native of Dakar, Senegal who has played the last two years for the College of Southern Idaho.
- Amnesty Int'l says Republic of Congo airstrikes killed 30 Updated: Apr-18-16 1:24 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - An international rights group says airstrikes in Republic of Congo's southeastern Pool region nearly two weeks ago killed at least 30 people.
- 3 detained Gambia opposition members dead, says UN Updated: Apr-17-16 1:12 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Three Gambian opposition party members have died in detention following a demonstration earlier this week calling for electoral reforms in the tiny West African nation, the United Nations said Sunday.
- Rights group calls on Gambia to investigate activist's death Updated: Apr-16-16 11:57 am
DAKAR, Senegal - A Gambian political activist has died in detention after participating in a peaceful protest, Amnesty International said Saturday, calling for an investigation into the death and the release of others held.
- UN official: More help needed for Africa's Sahel region Updated: Apr-12-16 6:27 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A senior U.N. official on Tuesday said the ongoing poverty and horror resulting from attacks by the extremist Boko Haram group in Africa's Lake Chad basin are at their worst and called for increased relief funding for its 3 million people and broader international engagement in the region.