- Experts to investigate new Ebola case in north Sierra Leone Updated: Aug-31-15 12:44 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - A World Health Organization spokeswoman says that Ebola experts are in Sierra Leone's Kambia district investigating a case that emerged less than a week after the country's last known patient was discharged from hospital.
- Senegal activist: Release 7 men convicted of gay acts Updated: Aug-28-15 12:20 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - A Senegalese activist and a rights group on Friday called for the release of seven men arrested in July and sentenced to six months in prison for homosexual acts.
- With many Ebola survivors ailing, doctors evaluate situation Updated: Aug-23-15 4:38 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Lingering health problems afflicting many of the roughly 13,000 Ebola survivors have galvanized global and local health officials to find out how widespread the ailments are, and how to remedy them.
- Senegal court denies appeal for ex-president's son's release Updated: Aug-20-15 12:13 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - The son of Senegal's former President Abdoulaye Wade lost a bid to be freed from his six-year prison sentence when the Supreme Court rejected an appeal on his conviction.
- Detained Gambia journalist now faces charges in high court Updated: Aug-20-15 4:02 am
DAKAR, Senegal - A Gambia union leader says a journalist detained by authorities now faces charges in High Court in the West African nation.
- Senegalese drummer known for traditional music dies at 85 Updated: Aug-19-15 6:38 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - The family of a well-known Senegalese drummer says that Doudou Ndiaye Rose has died at the age of 85.