- Report: 5 months after infection, man spreads Ebola via sex Updated: May-01-15 3:31 pm
NEW YORK - Health officials now think Ebola survivors can spread the disease through unprotected sex nearly twice as long as previously believed.
- UN says it will try to identify all Ebola cases by June Updated: Apr-28-15 9:40 am
LONDON - The World Health Organization says it aims to identify and isolate all new Ebola cases in West Africa by the end of May to stop the spread of the lethal virus before the rainy season.
- UN chief names new head of Ebola mission as outbreak calms Updated: Apr-25-15 3:58 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - The U.N. chief on Saturday appointed a new head of the emergency mission responding to West Africa's Ebola crisis amid hopes that the world's deadliest outbreak of the virus will soon come to an end.
- Obama says Ebola-fighting goal is to prevent any new cases Updated: Apr-15-15 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Citing significant gains in fighting the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, President Obama declared Wednesday that the international goal now is to prevent any new cases of the deadly virus in the afflicted region.
- American who contracted Ebola discharged from hospital Updated: Apr-09-15 6:01 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Officials say an American health care worker who contracted Ebola while volunteering in Sierra Leone has been discharged from a federal hospital.