- Spurs sign Austria defender Wimmer from Cologne Updated: May-29-15 6:00 am
LONDON - Austria center back Kevin Wimmer has joined Tottenham on a five-year deal from German club Cologne as the English Premier League side moved to improve its leaky defense.
- Thorsten Fink signs 2-year deal as Austria Vienna coach Updated: May-28-15 12:12 pm
VIENNA - Austria Vienna has appointed former Bayern Munich midfielder Thorsten Fink as head coach for the next two seasons.
- Iran nuclear talks resume in Vienna ahead of June deadline Updated: May-27-15 8:00 am
VIENNA - A senior U.S. official has joined nuclear talks between Iran and six world powers with little more than a month until the deadline for a deal.
- 14-year-old planned to blow up Austrian train station Updated: May-26-15 2:23 pm
VIENNA - An Austrian court has found a 14-year-old boy guilty of planning to blow up Vienna's main railway station after being radicalized by Islamic extremists.
- Austrian police arrest 3 for smuggling people into US Updated: May-26-15 10:37 am
VIENNA - Austrian police have detained three suspects for allegedly smuggling people onto flights bound for the United States or Britain.
- Austria's Okotie returns for Euro 2016 qualifier in Russia Updated: May-26-15 5:44 am
VIENNA - Austria striker Rubin Okotie will return to the national team for next month's Euro 2016 qualifier in Russia.
- Austria's Alaba to miss Euro 2016 qualifier against Russia Updated: May-25-15 9:09 am
VIENNA - Austria playmaker David Alaba will miss next month's Euro 2016 qualifier against Russia following a left knee injury.
- Sweden wins Eurovision Song Contest while Russia is booed Updated: May-23-15 9:07 pm
VIENNA - Sweden beat Russia to win the 60th Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday, in an event described by organizers as beyond politics but marred by boos for the Russian that were apparently prompted by the Ukraine conflict and the Kremlin's anti-gay policies.
- UN agency passes new standards on prisoner treatment Updated: May-22-15 2:24 pm
VIENNA - The U.N. crime prevention agency has revised international standards on treatment of prisoners to focus on greater respect for human rights.
- Australia in Europe's Song Contest? In a word, yes. Updated: May-22-15 9:11 am
VIENNA - For the first time in its 60-year history, the Eurovision Song Contest may be won by - Australia.
- Cross-dressing diva Conchita Wurst to Putin: Let's hang out Updated: May-21-15 12:32 pm
- Vienna's gay-themed traffic signals to stay permanently Updated: May-19-15 11:34 am
VIENNA - Vienna's gay-themed pedestrian traffic lights are here to stay.
- Restored 'The Third Man' emerges again from the shadows Updated: May-18-15 6:37 pm
CANNES, France - Break out your zithers: "The Third Man" is back.
- Vienna hosts Europe's biggest AIDS research charity event Updated: May-16-15 9:10 pm
VIENNA - Vienna's central City Hall Square was transformed Saturday into a mythical world of pagan rites and fantastic spectacle as the city hosted its biggest annual party of the year.
- Fenninger leaves training camp amid dispute with federation Updated: May-13-15 5:01 pm
VIENNA - Olympic super-G champion Anna Fenninger left a preseason training camp with the Austrian women's team in Cyprus on Wednesday, amid an ongoing dispute with her national ski federation.
- Vienna traffic signals go red and green, gay and straight Updated: May-12-15 3:01 pm
VIENNA - Some Vienna pedestrian traffic lights are suddenly not only red or green. They're also gay or straight.
- Austrian letter carriers: 1 bag for mail, 1 for dog treats Updated: May-11-15 11:49 am
VIENNA - Austrian letter carriers have recently begun carrying a second bag - and it's not because of mail overload.
- Survivors recount Nazi camp horrors at liberation memorial Updated: May-10-15 2:34 pm
MAUTHAUSEN, Austria - Many people were worked to death or starved. Others were gassed or killed by injection. But of all the ways to die at Mauthausen, Austria's largest concentration camp, one method in particular reflected the horrible cynicism of the Nazis in charge.
- Austrian anti-Nazi website hacked with child pornography Updated: May-08-15 8:47 am
VIENNA - Hackers have placed photos of child pornography on a website run by an Austrian anti-Holocaust organization as the country commemorates the end of World War II.
- Austrian empress's potty fetches thousands of euros Updated: May-08-15 5:18 am
VIENNA - What's a potty worth? Thousands of euros, if it was used by an Austrian empress - but much less than her footwear.
- Austria: Train collision kills 1, at least 1 seriously hurt Updated: May-06-15 7:43 am
VIENNA - Austrian railway officials say two passenger trains have collided head-on near the southern city of Graz, killing one person and leaving at least another seriously injured.
- Austria files criminal complaint over alleged NSA snooping Updated: May-05-15 2:10 pm
VIENNA - Austria is asking for a legal investigation of allegations that the German intelligence service helped the U.S. National Security Agency eavesdrop on the country's political leaders.
- Pro-Putin bikers lay wreath in Vienna en route to Berlin Updated: May-02-15 6:04 pm
VIENNA - Members of a nationalistic Russian bikers club were greeted by cheering supporters as they laid a wreath Saturday at a monument to the Soviet soldiers who liberated Vienna from the Nazis.
- Austria turns down US extradition request for Ukrainian Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 pm
VIENNA - An Austrian court on Thursday ruled against a U.S. extradition request for a Ukrainian oligarch suspected of paying millions of dollars in bribes to Indian officials, saying the U.S. move was at least partially politically motivated and not supported by sufficient evidence.
- Vienna names square after Nelson Mandela Updated: Apr-30-15 12:51 pm
VIENNA - The city of Vienna has decided to honor Nelson Mandela by naming a square after him.