- Pro-Putin bikers lay wreath in Vienna en route to Berlin Updated: May-02-15 6:04 pm
VIENNA - Members of a nationalistic Russian bikers club were greeted by cheering supporters as they laid a wreath Saturday at a monument to the Soviet soldiers who liberated Vienna from the Nazis.
- Austria turns down US extradition request for Ukrainian Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 pm
VIENNA - An Austrian court on Thursday ruled against a U.S. extradition request for a Ukrainian oligarch suspected of paying millions of dollars in bribes to Indian officials, saying the U.S. move was at least partially politically motivated and not supported by sufficient evidence.
- Vienna names square after Nelson Mandela Updated: Apr-30-15 12:51 pm
VIENNA - The city of Vienna has decided to honor Nelson Mandela by naming a square after him.
- Ukrainian biathlete Sednev banned for 2 years for doping Updated: Apr-28-15 5:44 am
SALZBURG, Austria - The International Biathlon Union says Sergei Sednev of Ukraine, who retired in December, has been banned for two years for doping.
- Austria's president warns against extreme-right sentiment Updated: Apr-27-15 9:26 am
VIENNA - Austria's president has reminded citizens that their country was a supporter of Nazi Germany and has urged them to be vigilant against a resurgence of extreme-right sentiment.
- Turkey recalls ambassador to Austria over genocide remarks Updated: Apr-22-15 3:19 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey said Wednesday it is recalling its ambassador to Austria after parties represented in parliament signed a declaration recognizing the massacre of Armenians a century ago as genocide.
- Memorial to victims executed by Nazis in Vienna unveiled Updated: Apr-21-15 12:22 pm
VIENNA - Austria's chancellor and other top government officials have inaugurated a monument paying homage to the 1,200 victims sentenced to death and executed by Nazi courts in Vienna.
- US writer who fled Austria to escape Holocaust dead at 90 Updated: Apr-20-15 5:31 pm
VIENNA - U.S. writer Frederic Morton, who became internationally recognized in part through books on the Austrian homeland that he was forced to flee because of the Holocaust, has died, his Austrian publishers said Monday. He was 90.
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in Vienna April 22-23 Updated: Apr-16-15 8:22 am
BRUSSELS - Major world powers and Iran will resume talks next week on Tehran's nuclear program, aiming to come up with a comprehensive deal by the end of June.
- Austria: 3 arrested for stealing money during church service Updated: Apr-12-15 10:49 am
VIENNA - Austrian police say three intoxicated men were arrested after they brazenly stole collection money during a service at a Russian Orthodox church in Vienna and an outraged congregation stopped them from leaving.
- Ethiopia's Lemma wins Vienna City Marathon after solo run Updated: Apr-12-15 10:11 am
VIENNA - Sisay Lemma of Ethiopia dominated the Vienna City Marathon Sunday, running on his own for the last 15 kilometers after other pre-race favorites struggled with the wind and injuries.
- Austria: 2 rescued from Alpine crevasse after nearly a day Updated: Apr-12-15 6:58 am
VIENNA - Austrian officials say two skiers have been rescued from a crevasse in a glacier high in the Alps after nearly 24 hours.
- Red Bull could quit F1 if Renault has no competitive engine Updated: Apr-09-15 11:23 am
VIENNA - Red Bull will quit Formula One if engine supplier Renault doesn't manage to build "a competitive" engine, according to company owner Dietrich Mateschitz.
- Austrian court closes jurisdiction hearing on Facebook suit Updated: Apr-09-15 8:40 am
VIENNA - An Austrian court asked to hear a class-action suit brought against Facebook alleging invasion of privacy has closed further sessions to the public as it weighs whether it has jurisdiction in the case.
- Analysis: Iran nuke deal tough - but could be circumvented Updated: Apr-07-15 1:38 pm
VIENNA - In selling the Iran nuclear deal to Congress and other skeptics, President Barack Obama said it is built on "unprecedented verification," telling his radio audience over the weekend: "If Iran cheats, the world will know it."