- 2 ships collide off Belgium's Zeebrugge; crew of 11 rescued Updated: Oct-06-15 10:43 am
BRUSSELS - A Dutch cargo ship sank off the Belgian coast after colliding with a gas tanker early Tuesday. The crew of 11 was rescued.
- NATO chief: Russian jets in Turkish airspace no accident Updated: Oct-06-15 10:18 am
BRUSSELS - NATO's secretary-general on Tuesday rejected Moscow's claim that its military incursion into alliance airspace over Turkey wasn't intentional or important, saying there were two separate incidents and "the violation lasted for a long time."
- Hope, fear, waiting at French migrant camps run by smugglers Updated: Sep-28-15 3:10 pm
TETEGHEM, France - A Mercedes and a BMW, both with British license plates, sit in a forest clearing on the edge of a small migrant camp in northern France. Everyone here speaks in whispers, or not at all. Bullet holes pock two shipping containers sheltering migrants, all trying to get to England, helping to explain the silence.
- TomorrowWorld makes mark in US since crossover from Europe Updated: Sep-24-15 8:50 am
ATLANTA - One of the largest music festivals in Europe has made a splash since crossing into the United States a couple of years ago.
- Davis Cup: 2015 finalists get home draws in 2016 Updated: Sep-24-15 3:04 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - This year's Davis Cup finalists Britain and Belgium have been handed home draws in the first round of the 2016 competition.
- Davis Cup final to be played in Ghent on clay Updated: Sep-23-15 7:34 am
LONDON - The Davis Cup final between Belgium and Britain will be played in Ghent on clay, Andy Murray's least favorite surface.
- EU holds more migration talks as calls for answers grow Updated: Sep-22-15 3:09 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union's two emergency meetings on the migration crisis this week won't provide any quick solutions to ease the plight of tens of thousands of people seeking sanctuary in Europe despite a decision Tuesday to share 120,000 more refugees arriving in Greece and Italy.
- Belgian theater drops Japan Olympic logo case Updated: Sep-22-15 6:57 am
BRUSSELS - A theater in Belgium has dropped a plagiarism legal case over the design of a logo for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- 1904 rematch: Britain sets up Davis Cup final vs Belgium Updated: Sep-20-15 8:28 pm
It's like 1904 all over again in the Davis Cup.
- Argentina takes 2-1 lead over Belgium in Davis Cup semifinal Updated: Sep-19-15 4:24 pm
BRUSSELS - Leonardo Mayer and Carlos Berlocq gave Argentina a 2-1 lead over Belgium in their Davis Cup semifinal Saturday after a tense doubles match against Steve Darcis and Ruben Bemelmans that lasted four hours.
- Greece, migrants - how much division can the EU take? Updated: Sep-17-15 11:24 am
BRUSSELS - Increasingly, it seems, only scar tissue keeps the European Union together.
- 2 men down, rookie AA Ghent still gets 1-1 draw against Lyon Updated: Sep-16-15 5:33 pm
GHENT, Belgium - AA Ghent came back from behind with a goal from Danijel Milicevic and survived being down to nine men in the closing stages to earn a 1-1 draw with Olympique Lyon on its Champions League debut Wednesday.
- King of Beers: Makers of Budweiser, Miller eye global merger Updated: Sep-16-15 2:35 pm
LONDON - The makers of Budweiser aren't satisfied with being the kings of beer. They want an empire.