- Belgian golf psychologist to Ernie Els dies at 62 Updated: Dec-07-13 2:14 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- EU warns about threat of foreign fighters in Syria Updated: Dec-04-13 1:33 pm
- Belgium: 130 cars crash in fog; at least 1 dead Updated: Dec-03-13 12:07 pm
- Sharp rise in Europeans fighting in Syria Updated: Dec-03-13 11:36 am
- Rodrigo winner gives Benfica 3-2 win at Anderlecht Updated: Nov-27-13 5:24 pm
- Legislative panels approve youth euthanasia bill Updated: Nov-27-13 8:02 am
- EU, Russia face off before divisive summit Updated: Nov-25-13 11:19 am
- Sturridge salvages draw for Liverpool at Everton Updated: Nov-23-13 10:21 am
- Ann Demeulemeester leaves eponymous fashion label Updated: Nov-21-13 9:22 am
- EU Parliament wants to meet only in Brussels Updated: Nov-20-13 12:46 pm
- Belgium coach warns players to start for club Updated: Nov-20-13 10:33 am
- 2 killed in blast at Belgian refinery Updated: Nov-19-13 1:21 pm
- No EU nation candidate to destroy Syria gas Updated: Nov-18-13 3:04 pm
- Ex-priest to go on trial on sex charges in Canada Updated: Nov-17-13 2:57 pm
- Japan fights back for 2-2 draw against Netherlands Updated: Nov-16-13 10:12 am
- Colombia beats Belgium 2-0 in exhibition game Updated: Nov-14-13 5:57 pm
- Colombia beats Belgium 2-0 in friendly Updated: Nov-14-13 5:39 pm
- With Mignolet as backup, Belgium looking good Updated: Nov-12-13 11:21 am
- In Belgium at Ypres, ceremonies mark end of WWI Updated: Nov-11-13 3:11 pm
SUN CITY, South Africa - Ernie Els had another sad day upon learning that his former psychologist, Jos Vanstiphout, had died of a heart attack.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
BRUSSELS - The European Union's anti-terror chief will tell EU interior ministers on Thursday about the "major security threat" that the increase of foreign fighters in Syria poses.
BRUSSELS - More than 130 vehicles were involved in three pileups at a highway in western Belgium in a dense morning fog Tuesday, leaving at least one dead and 76 injured.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A new wave of Europeans is heading to Syria, their ranks soaring in the past six months as tales of easy living and glorious martyrdom draw them to the rebellion against Bashar Assad.
BRUSSELS - Substitute Rodrigo scored a 90th-minute winner to give Benfica a thrilling 3-2 win over Anderlecht in the Champions League on Wednesday.
BRUSSELS - Two committees of the Belgian Senate say the country's law permitting euthanasia should also apply to children in certain cases.
LANAKEN, Belgium - Little over two decades ago, Moscow ruled Lithuania with an iron fist. Now, the Baltic nation holds the presidency of the European Union.
LIVERPOOL, England - Daniel Sturridge scored a late equalizer to salvage a 3-3 draw for Liverpool in a pulsating Merseyside derby against fierce rival Everton in the Premier League.
BRUSSELS - Belgian designer Ann Demeulemeester of the Antwerp Six fashion group has left her eponymous label.
BRUSSELS - European Union lawmakers have voted overwhelmingly to meet only in Brussels and avoid costly monthly treks to Strasbourg, France, even though such a move faces a French veto.
BRUSSELS - Belgium coach Marc Wilmots has a clear warning for his players after two stunning home losses in a week: Make sure you play regularly for your club, or miss out on the World Cup.
ANTWERP, Belgium - An explosion tore through an oil refinery in Belgium's busiest port Tuesday, killing two people and partially closing down operations, company officials said.
BRUSSELS - Not a single European Union nation came forward on Monday offering to host the destruction of Syria's poison gas stockpile, with many instead calling for the arsenal to be eradicated close to Syria itself.
IQALUIT, Nunavut - A former Roman Catholic priest goes on trial Monday on multiple sex-related charges involving Inuit children in a tiny arctic hamlet nearly 18 years after he fled to his homeland of Belgium to avoid prosecution.
GENK, Belgium - Japan fought back from two goals down to earn a 2-2 draw against the Netherlands on Saturday in a friendly between two World Cup qualifiers.
BRUSSELS - Radamel Falcao and Victor Ibarbo scored to help Colombia beat Belgium 2-0 on Thursday in an exhibition game between top-five teams.
BRUSSELS - Radamel Falcao led Colombia to a 2-0 victory over Belgium in a friendly between top-five teams on Thursday.
BRUSSELS - Simon Mignolet's outstanding form for Liverpool in the English Premier League has earned him a rare start in goal for Belgium's upcoming friendlies against Colombia and Japan.
YPRES, Belgium - As a bugler played the "Last Post," a cascade of red paper poppies floated down Monday from Menin Gate in Ypres as visitors from around the globe came to honor the dead of World War I.