- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies Updated: Mar-09-14 11:44 am
- Belgium draws with Ivory Coast 2-2 in WCup warm-up Updated: Mar-05-14 5:14 pm
- Belgium player banned 10 matches for quenelle Updated: Mar-04-14 10:14 am
- Stannard wins opening classic in Ghent Updated: Mar-01-14 11:53 am
- Belgian modern art director Jan Hoet dies at 77 Updated: Feb-27-14 9:29 am
- With 'Broken Circle,' Belgium vies for first Oscar Updated: Feb-26-14 10:38 am
- Spain gets nice draw for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Feb-23-14 10:51 am
- From Shani Davis to a Belgian, 1,500 wide open Updated: Feb-14-14 7:10 pm
- Belgian lawmakers extend euthanasia to children Updated: Feb-13-14 3:57 pm
- Belgian lawmakers clash over child euthanasia bill Updated: Feb-12-14 3:10 pm
- Fashion Week: Chocolate wall at Opening Ceremony Updated: Feb-09-14 11:13 pm
BRUSSELS - Gerard Mortier, a Belgian opera director whose nonconformist style often grated the tradition-bound elite and who became a fiercely avant-garde impresario, has died. He was 70.
BRUSSELS - Max Gradel capped an unlikely comeback for Ivory Coast against Belgium with a goal in the second minute of injury time to force a 2-2 draw Wednesday in the warm-up game for both World Cup finalists.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA banned a Belgium player for 10 matches on Tuesday for making the "quenelle" gesture at a futsal European Championship match.
GHENT, Belgium - Ian Stannard of Britain beat home rider Greg Van Avermaet in a two-way sprint finish Saturday to win the Ghent-Ghent Nieuwsblad race, the opening classic of the Belgian spring season.
BRUSSELS - Belgian contemporary art director Jan Hoet, who organized a major exhibition in private homes and curated Germany's Documenta art fair, died Thursday. He was 77.
BRUSSELS - When Belgian film producer Dirk Impens lost out in the Oscars 21 years ago, he remembers swearing to himself never to put on a tuxedo again unless he had another shot at the golden statuette.
NICE, France - Two-time defending European champion Spain faces a seemingly comfortable road to defend its title at Euro 2016 after being drawn Sunday with Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia and Ukraine for the qualifiers.
SOCHI, Russia - The 1,500 meters has always been considered the King of Races in speedskating. At the Sochi Games, Saturday's event throws up plenty of pretenders to the throne, from the United States to Belgium and, of course, the dominant Dutch.
BRUSSELS - Belgian lawmakers voted overwhelmingly on Thursday to extend the country's euthanasia law to children under 18.
BRUSSELS - Belgian lawmakers clashed sharply on Wednesday over whether to grant terminally ill children the right to ask to die, a legal option already possessed by the country's adults.
NEW YORK - It was difficult to pay attention to the clothes as chocolate oozed down a massive white wall throughout the Sunday night runway show for the design house Opening Ceremony.