- Brewers seek to rekindle Belgium's love of beer Updated: Apr-18-14 5:43 am
- Belgium coach Wilmots extends contract by 4 years Updated: Apr-16-14 7:55 pm
- Protector of vast African park shot and wounded Updated: Apr-16-14 2:19 pm
- Belgium coach Wilmots extends contract by 4 years Updated: Apr-16-14 4:23 am
- Russia headed to World Cup with high hopes Updated: Apr-11-14 6:03 am
- 5 Belgium players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:59 am
- Kompany, Hazard, Courtois make Belgium a contender Updated: Apr-11-14 5:57 am
- Belgium, Russia headline Group H at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:56 am
- Revisiting NYC's 1964 World's Fair, 50 years later Updated: Apr-10-14 10:12 pm
- Belgium destroys ivory stockpile, warns smugglers Updated: Apr-09-14 7:50 am
- Boulevard Brewing plans to expand in US, Europe Updated: Apr-07-14 9:29 am
- Cancellara repeats as Tour of Flanders winner Updated: Apr-06-14 3:59 pm
- Labor protest sparks clashes in Brussels Updated: Apr-04-14 11:07 am
- Benteke out of World Cup with Achilles injury Updated: Apr-03-14 2:22 pm
- UN chief urges action on Central African Republic Updated: Apr-02-14 12:49 pm
- China's leader Xi in first visit to European Union Updated: Mar-31-14 6:19 am
- Obama offers Europe, Mideast allies assurances Updated: Mar-29-14 3:02 pm
- Peter Sagan wins E3 Harelbeke classic Updated: Mar-28-14 12:39 pm
- Analysis: Russia deeply linked to Obama priorities Updated: Mar-26-14 8:13 pm
- Obama plays up US-Europe bond amid Russia tension Updated: Mar-26-14 1:00 pm
- Text of Obama's remarks at Flanders Field Updated: Mar-26-14 11:47 am
- Obama pays tribute to WWI at Flanders Field Updated: Mar-26-14 7:39 am
- Volta Ciclista a Catalunya Results Updated: Mar-25-14 4:42 pm
- Obama honors American WWI dead at Flanders Field Updated: Mar-25-14 1:09 pm
DWORP, Belgium - The ruby lettering on the front of the old corner pub "In de Welkom" has peeled almost beyond recognition. Owner Leza Wauters, a tough 87-year-old, is holding on to her business but can't say how much longer. Sooner or later, yet another bar with a warm "Welcome" will be gone.
BRUSSELS - Belgium's soccer federation has extended the contract of coach Marc Wilmots through the 2018 World Cup after he led the Red Devils to soccer's top tournament for the first time in a dozen years.
DAKAR, Senegal - A Belgian royal who, as director of a vast national park in eastern Congo has defended endangered mountain gorillas and other animals from poachers and the forests from illegal logging, was shot and seriously wounded as he drove through the park, officials said Wednesday.
BRUSSELS - The Belgian federation has extended the contract of coach Marc Wilmots to the 2018 World Cup after he led the Red Devils to their first finals in a dozen years.
MOSCOW - Already with an eye on the 2018 World Cup it will host, Russia is headed to Brazil with the attitude that anything short of advancement from Group H will be a failure.
BRUSSELS - With only a few notable exceptions, Belgium has often been a team bigger than the sum of its players.
BRUSSELS - Belgium is back in the World Cup after 12 years, and with its hottest crop of players in a generation.
BRUSSELS - With Belgium, Russia, South Korea and Algeria, don't expect too much pre-World Cup hype from Group H.
NEW YORK - You can just barely see them through the window of the No. 7 subway as it rattles into the elevated station in Corona, Queens: a gigantic steel sphere, two rocket ships, and towers that appear to be capped by flying saucers.
BRUSSELS - Belgian authorities have destroyed over 1,500 kilos (3,300 pounds) of ivory that had been seized by customs over the past three decades to serve as a warning to international smugglers who kill elephants daily for their tusks.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Boulevard Brewing Co., which was founded in Kansas City but was recently sold, plans to expand sales across the U.S. and into Europe.
BRUSSELS - Fabian Cancellara of Switzerland won a four-way power sprint to the finish line on Sunday to defend his Tour of Flanders title and clinch one of the year's toughest classics for the third time.
BRUSSELS - Belgian police used water cannon and pepper spray on protesters who had showered them with oranges and cobblestones during a demonstration Friday by labor unions demanding a better deal for Europe's working men and women.
Belgium striker Christian Benteke was ruled out of the World Cup after rupturing his Achilles tendon in training with English Premier League team Aston Villa on Thursday.
BRUSSELS - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged European and African nations on Wednesday to step up their efforts to end the desperate plight of the people of Central African Republic.
BRUSSELS - China's president is meeting with the top officials of the European Union to discuss the two sides' close business ties and their wider diplomatic relations.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - From the heart of Europe to the expanse of Saudi Arabia's desert, President Barack Obama's weeklong overseas trip amounted to a reassurance tour for stalwart, but sometimes skeptical, American allies.
HARELBEKE, Belgium - Peter Sagan of Slovakia won his first big classic of the season, dominating a four-way sprint to win the E3 Harelbeke on Friday.
BRUSSELS - Even as he criticizes Vladimir Putin and imposes sanctions on Russia, President Barack Obama is struggling with the consequences of his own earlier quest for a fresh start between Washington and Moscow.
BRUSSELS - President Barack Obama and European Union leaders presented a unified front Wednesday against Russia's annexation of Crimea, promoting trans-Atlantic trade as an antidote to Russia's influence in the region and a way to help Europe become less dependent on Moscow for energy.
Text of President Barack Obama's remarks at Flanders Field American Cemetery and Memorial, site of a significant World War I battle in northwest Belgium, as provided by the White House:
WAREGEM, Belgium - President Barack Obama is paying tribute to American troops who died a century ago in the struggle to save Europe in World War I.
1. Luka Mezgec, Slovenia, Giant-Shimano, 3 hours, 57 minutes, 49 seconds.
WAREGEM, Belgium - Pvt. Wesley Creech could no longer hide the darkness of his thoughts as he longed for his wife Carzetta and 5-month-old daughter Marie: "If I never see you and Marie any more in this life I hope to meet you in a Better Place," he wrote in a letter on Aug. 24, 1918 - as the American army moved fast to repel the Germans on the Western Front during World War I.