- APOEL earns 25th championship after 2-0 win over AEK Larnaca Updated: Apr-28-16 11:20 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - APOEL Nicosia won its 25th Cypriot league title on Thursday after beating AEK Larnaca 2-0.
- 3-week pause for hijacking suspect's extradition proceedings Updated: Apr-22-16 11:04 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A court in Cyprus has adjourned extradition proceedings for an Egyptian hijacking suspect for three weeks after prosecutors requested more time to examine documents from Egyptian authorities.
- Cyprus league leader APOEL sacks coach Ketsbaia Updated: Apr-21-16 11:11 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - APOEL Nicosia has fired coach Temur Ketsbaia a day after the Cyprus league leader lost in the Cypriot Cup semifinals.
- Cyprus president: gas plant depends on new gas finds Updated: Apr-18-16 1:42 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cyprus' president says potential new gas finds off the east Mediterranean island's shores will determine whether the government will proceed with the "strategic goal" of building a land-based plant to process gas for export abroad.
- Cyprus minister: Egyptian hijacking suspect asks for asylum Updated: Apr-13-16 2:10 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A man who has admitted hijacking a domestic EgyptAir flight and diverting it to Cyprus is requesting political asylum on the island, claiming he is afraid of how he could be treated by Egyptian authorities because of his political beliefs, officials said Wednesday.
- Cyprus soccer chief scolded for wearing Turkish flag jersey Updated: Apr-11-16 11:48 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The president of the Cyprus Football Association has been urged to use better judgment after he wore a soccer jersey emblazoned with the Turkish flag in a friendly match during a regional UEFA meeting in Istanbul.
- Cyprus president says no danger of Greece leaving eurozone Updated: Apr-07-16 2:43 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The president of Cyprus says he sees no risk of Greece being forced out of the group of countries that use the euro as their currency.
- AP Interview: Turkish Cypriot head: Gas may fund peace deal Updated: Apr-04-16 12:58 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cyprus' potential wealth from newly-found offshore gas reserves could be used to partly fund a costly deal reunifying the ethnically-divided island, the leader of the breakaway Turkish Cypriots said Monday.
- The Latest: Pilot says hijacker let him pick Cyprus to land Updated: Mar-30-16 2:17 pm
LARNACA, Cyprus - The Latest on the plane hijacking from Alexandria, Egypt, to Cyprus. (all times local):