- APOEL wins 24th Cyprus league title, completes double Updated: May-24-15 12:43 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - APOEL Nicosia has won its third straight and 24th overall Cyprus league title after a 4-2 away win over Ermis Aradipou on Sunday.
- Cyprus' rival leaders take stroll through divided capital Updated: May-23-15 8:17 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Rival Greek and Turkish Cypriot leaders took a stroll together on both sides of the divided capital's medieval center on Saturday to raise the feel-good factor as talks aimed at reunifying the ethnically split island kick into gear.
- 3 men to be tried after violence during Cyprus Cup final Updated: May-21-15 7:30 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cyprus police say three men will be tried after violence marred the Cyprus Cup final and forced a 45-minute interruption.
- Creditors to help Cyprus with foreclosures, bankruptcies Updated: May-20-15 11:16 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Bailed-out Cyprus' international creditors say they will help the country implement insolvency and foreclosure laws which they see as essential for banks to deal with their massive burden of bad loans.
- Cyprus' top lawyer, deputy try to get each other fired Updated: May-13-15 10:49 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Relations between Cyprus' attorney general and his deputy have hit a new low after they both asked the Supreme Court to get the other fired for "inappropriate behavior."
- Turkey, Greece welcome relaunch of Cyprus unity talks Updated: May-12-15 9:25 am
ANKARA, Turkey - The foreign ministers of Greece and Turkey on Tuesday welcomed a decision by Cyprus' rival Greek and Turkish communities to relaunch stalled talks aimed at reunifying the island, calling it an opportunity that should not be squandered.
- Coach Thorsten Fink leaves Cyprus league leader APOEL Updated: May-11-15 6:47 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - APOEL coach Thorsten Fink has left the team just two games before the end of the Cypriot championship and with the league leader only two points up on second-place Apollon Limassol following their match at the weekend.
- Cyprus, Egypt, Greece to boost ties on combatting terrorism Updated: Apr-29-15 10:52 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The leaders of Cyprus, Egypt and Greece agreed Wednesday to step up cooperation on combatting terrorism amid fears that worsening security conditions in neighboring countries such as Libya could threaten the region.
- Cyprus raises 1 bln euros in second post-bailout bond issue Updated: Apr-28-15 1:17 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cyprus' finance minister says the country has raised 1 billion euros ($1.09 billion) from international markets with its second public bond issue since its painful bailout two years ago.
- Turkey rebukes newly-elected Turkish Cypriot leader Updated: Apr-27-15 11:50 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's president on Monday rebuked the newly elected leader of the breakaway Turkish Cypriot state for suggesting that Turkey should deal with northern Cyprus as an equal.
- Mustafa Akinci elected leader of breakaway Turkish Cypriots Updated: Apr-26-15 4:49 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Mustafa Akinci, a veteran politician with a strong track record of reaching out to rival Greek Cypriots, was elected Sunday as leader of the breakaway Turkish Cypriots in ethnically divided Cyprus, pledging to focus his energy on breaking decades of stalemate and achieving an accord reunifying the small island nation.