- UN envoy: Cyprus leaders ready to restart peace talks Updated: May-05-15 7:31 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A United Nations envoy says Cyprus' rival Greek and Turkish Cypriot leaders will decide on the exact date when stalled talks aimed at reunifying the war-divided island nation will resume after they hold their first meeting next week.
- Cyprus, Egypt, Greece to boost ties on combatting terrorism Updated: Apr-29-15 10:52 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The leaders of Cyprus, Egypt and Greece agreed Wednesday to step up cooperation on combatting terrorism amid fears that worsening security conditions in neighboring countries such as Libya could threaten the region.
- Cyprus raises 1 bln euros in second post-bailout bond issue Updated: Apr-28-15 1:17 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cyprus' finance minister says the country has raised 1 billion euros ($1.09 billion) from international markets with its second public bond issue since its painful bailout two years ago.
- Turkey rebukes newly-elected Turkish Cypriot leader Updated: Apr-27-15 11:50 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's president on Monday rebuked the newly elected leader of the breakaway Turkish Cypriot state for suggesting that Turkey should deal with northern Cyprus as an equal.
- Mustafa Akinci elected leader of breakaway Turkish Cypriots Updated: Apr-26-15 4:49 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Mustafa Akinci, a veteran politician with a strong track record of reaching out to rival Greek Cypriots, was elected Sunday as leader of the breakaway Turkish Cypriots in ethnically divided Cyprus, pledging to focus his energy on breaking decades of stalemate and achieving an accord reunifying the small island nation.
- CEO of largest bank in bailed-out Cyprus to quit Updated: Apr-21-15 8:01 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The largest bank in bailed-out Cyprus says its top executive will leave his job in four months because of personal reasons and that he intends to move back to his native Ireland.
- Cyprus passes insolvency laws, clears rescue program hurdle Updated: Apr-18-15 12:23 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Lawmakers in Cyprus on Saturday passed key insolvency laws designed to open the taps for more international bailout cash.
- Strong quake rattles southwest Cyprus; no injuries reported Updated: Apr-15-15 7:02 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The Cyprus Geological Survey Department says a strong earthquake has shaken the east Mediterranean island. There were no immediate reports of any serious damage or injuries.