- Thousands in UK face another day of flooding Updated: Dec-06-13 11:59 am
- Sharp rise in Europeans fighting in Syria Updated: Dec-03-13 11:36 am
- Juventus beats Copenhagen 3-1 with Vidal hat trick Updated: Nov-27-13 6:22 pm
- Real, Man United, PSG advance in Champions League Updated: Nov-27-13 6:11 pm
- 10-man Madrid beats Galatasaray 4-1 in Champions Updated: Nov-27-13 6:00 pm
- 5 things to know about Group B of Champions League Updated: Nov-26-13 9:23 am
- Denmark: 80 Danes have joined Syria fight Updated: Nov-24-13 8:38 am
LONDON - Hundreds of people in Britain mopped up flooded homes on Friday after a powerful storm that scoured northern Europe with hurricane-force gusts kicked up the biggest tidal surge in 60 years, swamping stretches of shoreline.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A new wave of Europeans is heading to Syria, their ranks soaring in the past six months as tales of easy living and glorious martyrdom draw them to the rebellion against Bashar Assad.
TURIN, Italy - Arturo Vidal scored a hat trick to lead Juventus to a 3-1 win over Copenhagen on Wednesday and boost the Italian side's hopes of qualifying for the Champions League knockout stages.
LONDON - Nine-time winner Real Madrid qualified for the Champions League's last 16 alongside Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday, while Juventus kept alive its chances of reaching the knockout stages.
MADRID - Real Madrid overcame Sergio Ramos' early sending off and Cristiano Ronaldo's absence to seal its spot in the Champions League last 16 with a 4-1 hammering of Galatasaray on Wednesday.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's security service says it suspects around 80 people have travelled from Denmark to Syria to join the civil war since mid-2012.