- Danish reporter freed after Mideast abduction Updated: Mar-07-14 12:38 pm
- Norwegians abroad pose risk of terror attacks Updated: Mar-04-14 12:24 pm
- Lego enjoying big China boon Updated: Feb-27-14 6:55 am
- Lower freight rates weigh on Moller-Maersk's Q4 Updated: Feb-27-14 4:55 am
- Swedish princess gives birth to daughter Updated: Feb-21-14 8:31 am
- Carlsberg: beer demand falling in Europe, Russia Updated: Feb-19-14 8:08 am
- Donors send $5K to Ohio zoo after giraffe killing Updated: Feb-18-14 6:05 am
- Thousands of zoo animals killed in Europe yearly Updated: Feb-14-14 2:05 pm
- Coach of Denmark's Euro '92 champs dies Updated: Feb-13-14 12:43 pm
- Danes hoping for 4th Oscar with The Hunt Updated: Feb-12-14 9:45 am
- Children's book artist Erik Blegvad dies at 90 Updated: Feb-12-14 7:40 am
- Zoo staff get death threats after giraffe killing Updated: Feb-10-14 10:44 am
- Danish film director Gabriel Axel dies at 95 Updated: Feb-10-14 9:01 am
- Questions and answers about giraffe breeding Updated: Feb-09-14 12:49 pm
- Danish zoo kills giraffe to prevent inbreeding Updated: Feb-09-14 12:18 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Danish official says a journalist from the country has been released after being held captive for a month in the Middle East, likely in either Lebanon or Syria.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Norway's intelligence service says the threat of a terrorist attack in the country is growing and that Norwegians involved with al-Qaida-linked groups abroad could pose a threat in other nations.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Lego says its multicolored blocks were hugely in demand worldwide in 2013, especially in China where the company plans to open a factory to meet growing interest in its products.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Danish shipping and oil group A.P. Moller-Maersk says fourth-quarter profits fell 7.5 percent because of a fall in oil production and lower freight rates.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Sweden's Royal Palace says Princess Madeleine has given birth to a daughter in New York City - the first child for her and American husband, banker Christopher O'Neill.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Carlsberg says it expects beer sales to fall this year in western Europe and Russia, but continue to grow in Asia.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A spokeswoman says donations made to the Columbus Zoo in central Ohio in response to the killing of a giraffe in Denmark will be kept in a fund to help other threatened animals.
STOCKHOLM - People around the world were stunned when Copenhagen Zoo killed a healthy 2-year-old giraffe named Marius, butchered its carcass in front of a crowd that included children and then fed it to lions.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Richard Moller Nielsen, who led Denmark to its greatest football triumph at the 1992 European Championship, died on Thursday. He was 76.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - When Danish director Thomas Vinterberg wrote the script for "The Hunt" - one of this year's contenders for Best Foreign Language Film - he pictured a young Robert de Niro as the lonely teacher whose life crumbles because of an innocent lie.
LONDON - Children's book artist Erik Blegvad, known for his whimsical illustrations of more than 100 books, has died in London. He was 90.
STOCKHOLM - Officials at the Copenhagen Zoo in Denmark say they received death threats after the zoo killed a 2-year-old giraffe and fed its remains to lions.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Gabriel Axel, the first Dane to win an Oscar for best foreign film with "Babette's Feast" which he directed, has died at the age of 95.
AMSTERDAM - Joerg Jebram, who oversees the European Endangered Species Program for giraffes, explains why he believes the Copenhagen Zoo was correct in its decision to kill 2-year-old Marius.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Saying it needed to prevent inbreeding, the Copenhagen Zoo killed a 2-year-old giraffe and fed its remains to lions as visitors watched, ignoring a petition signed by thousands and offers from other zoos and a private individual to save the animal.