- Ex-leader of populist party becomes Parliament speaker Updated: Jul-03-15 7:07 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's Parliament on Friday elected Pia Kjaersgaard, retired leader of the anti-immigration Danish People's Party, as its speaker, a largely ceremonial post.
- Sweden cuts key interest rate again citing Greek crisis Updated: Jul-02-15 4:43 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Sweden's central bank has cut its key interest rate to a record low of minus 0.35 percent saying "events in Greece over the past few days have substantially increased the uncertainty."
- New Danish government tightens immigration law Updated: Jul-01-15 7:07 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's new center-right minority government has reached its first deal with its political allies, including the anti-immigrant Danish People's Party, aimed at reducing the number of asylum-seekers by lowering social benefits.
- One-third of world's people still have no proper toilets Updated: Jun-30-15 11:25 pm
NEW DELHI - Toilets are taken for granted in the industrialized West, but still are a luxury for a third of the world's people who have no access to them, according to a report by the World Health Organization and UNICEF.
- Denmark to get a 1-party minority government Updated: Jun-27-15 9:46 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's Royal Palace says the leader of Denmark's center-right Liberals will present a new small, minority government with his party alone but backed by a parliamentary majority.
- Riis agrees with report about drugs on cycling team Updated: Jun-26-15 9:53 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former manager Bjarne Riis said Friday he agrees with a report by Denmark's anti-doping agency that concluded he deliberately ignored drug-taking by riders on the former Team CSC.
- Old camera bag causes bomb scare on New York-bound plane Updated: Jun-25-15 12:22 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A New York-bound Turkish Airlines plane carrying 292 passengers made an emergency landing Thursday at Copenhagen's international airport after an old camera bag, possibly forgotten by a passenger, caused a bomb scare.
- Norway finds no spy equipment in central Oslo Updated: Jun-24-15 5:31 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Norway's domestic intelligence agency says there are no illegal listening devices in central Oslo, near government buildings, Parliament or elsewhere, as claimed last year by a local newspaper.
- Anti-doping report: Riis knew about drugs on cycling team Updated: Jun-23-15 9:47 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former manager Bjarne Riis chose to ignore drug-taking by riders on the former Team CSC, a report by Denmark's anti-doping agency said on Tuesday.
- Culinary game changer: The secret to the perfect poached egg Updated: Jun-22-15 2:50 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - It took nearly 20,000 miles to discover this secret, but cracking the code of the perfect poached egg made every one of them worth it. And I'll save you the travel trouble.
- Denmark's center-right opposition wins election Updated: Jun-18-15 8:31 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's center-right opposition won a parliamentary election after strong gains by an anti-immigration party that wants to limit the European Union's influence over the small Nordic country.
- Swedish police suspect two 13-year-old boys of killing man Updated: Jun-10-15 11:08 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Swedish police have questioned two 13-year-old boys who are suspected of killing a 65-year-old man in southwestern Sweden and turned them over to social welfare authorities.
- Spotify gets investment as it faces competition from Apple Updated: Jun-10-15 8:41 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Music streaming company Spotify said Wednesday it has gotten a new investment from a Nordic telecoms company as it looks to compete globally, particularly with a rival service that Apple is due to launch this month.
- Swedes arrest Norwegian man headed to join jihadi fighters Updated: Jun-09-15 6:47 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Scandinavian intelligence services say an 18-year-old Norwegian citizen has been arrested at a Swedish airport, suspected of heading to Syria to join jihadi militants.