- Physicist wins $1.3M tech prize for data storage Updated: Apr-09-14 12:08 pm
- Nokia gets Chinese approval for Microsoft deal Updated: Apr-08-14 1:40 pm
- Finnish Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen to quit Updated: Apr-05-14 6:43 pm
- Blackhawks recall prospect Teravainen from Finland Updated: Mar-21-14 12:51 pm
- Ukraine crisis prompts security rethink in Europe Updated: Mar-21-14 12:41 pm
- Finnish gibberish talker finds fame, heads to US Updated: Mar-19-14 11:08 am
HELSINKI - Anyone who uses large data centers, cloud services, social networks or gets music and film online can thank British-American physicist Stuart Parkin.
HELSINKI - Nokia has received regulatory approval from Chinese authorities to sell its mobile phone unit to Microsoft Corp., removing one of the last major hurdles to the 5.4 billion-euro ($7.3 billion) deal.
HELSINKI - Finnish Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen says he will resign as head of the government and leader of the conservatives when the party meets to elect a new leader in June.
STOCKHOLM - After the Cold War, Sweden refocused its national security strategy to give more weight to deployments in faraway conflict zones and even non-military challenges like climate change. Critics who dwelled on a Russian threat were dismissed as dinosaurs.
HELSINKI - A 19-year-old Finnish supermarket cashier with millions of Internet fans of her language imitation YouTube video is heading for America hoping her gibberish hit will open up a new career.