- Finnish broadcaster fights taxman demand for Panama Papers Updated: May-02-16 1:27 pm
HELSINKI - Finnish broadcaster YLE won't provide documents related to the Panama Papers to the country's tax authority, which has demanded access to them in an apparent move to trace tax dodgers with offshore accounts, the company said Monday.
- Finnish report highlights Russian threat of NATO membership Updated: Apr-29-16 8:55 am
HELSINKI - Finland could expect "harsh" reactions from Russia if it decided to join NATO, but would be better off doing so together with neighboring Sweden, an expert panel told the Finnish government on Friday.
- Nokia to buy France's Withings in $190 million deal Updated: Apr-26-16 7:27 am
HELSINKI - In a move to speed its entry into digital health products, Nokia says it plans to acquire the French consumer electronics company Withings S.A., in a 170 million-euro ($191 million) deal.
- Sharks use depth to get past Kings in 1st round of playoffs Updated: Apr-23-16 2:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks proved they are much more than just Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski and a handful of other stars.
- Discovery reaches Olympic TV deal with YLE in Finland Updated: Apr-21-16 1:47 pm
LONDON - Finnish broadcaster YLE has reached a deal with Discovery Communications for domestic TV rights for the 2018 and 2020 Olympics.
- Carpenter scores in OT to get US gold over Canada again Updated: Apr-05-16 4:16 am
KAMLOOPS, British Columbia - Alex Carpenter put another gold medal around the Americans' necks.