- EU embrace of eastern partners turns lukewarm Updated: May-22-15 10:32 am
RIGA, Latvia - The European Union reaffirmed its partnership with six post-Soviet nations Friday but offered them no new prospects of future membership in the Western bloc at a summit overshadowed by the Ukraine crisis.
- Sharks sign Finnish forward Joonas Donskoi Updated: May-20-15 4:16 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks have signed Finnish free agent forward Joonas (YOO-nus) Donskoi to an entry-level contract.
- Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland dies at 77 Updated: May-16-15 11:14 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland has died after a battle against cancer, the International Olympic Committee said Saturday. He was 77.
- Fiskars buys Waterford Wedgwood Royal Doulton for $437 mln Updated: May-11-15 9:43 am
HELSINKI - Finland's Fiskars says it has agreed to buy luxury home goods maker WWRD, whose brands include Waterford crystal and Wedgwood china, for $437 million.
- Populist Finns party to join coalition of 3 in Finland Updated: May-07-15 1:07 pm
HELSINKI - Finland's next likely prime minister, Center Party leader Juha Sipila, said Thursday he wants the populist Finns Party in a new three-member ruling coalition, the first time it would be in the government.
- Finnish military informs 900,000 reservists about war duty Updated: May-04-15 11:49 am
HELSINKI - Finland's defense forces have begun informing 900,000 reservists about their duties during war, as military activity mounts in the Baltic Sea region.
- Nokia turns to Q1 profit but networks division is a concern Updated: Apr-30-15 1:40 pm
HELSINKI - Buoyed by strong overall sales, Nokia made a net profit of 177 million euros ($195 million) in the first quarter from a loss a year earlier, but its shares plummeted more than 10 percent Thursday over a weak performance at its main networks unit.
- Finland signs nuclear construction deal with Russian firm Updated: Apr-30-15 1:04 pm
HELSINKI - Finnish utility Fennovoima said Thursday it has awarded the main contract for constructing a nuclear plant in Finland to the Russian company Titan-2.
- Angry Birds to help save their counterparts in South Pacific Updated: Apr-30-15 11:08 am
HELSINKI - Angry Birds are getting angrier, because some of their real-life colorful counterparts in the South Pacific are facing extinction.
- Sidney Crosby to lead Canada at hockey worlds Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 am
PRAGUE - Unlike previous editions, this year's hockey world championship is bringing out the best.
- Finnish navy drops depth charges onto suspected submarine Updated: Apr-28-15 12:36 pm
HELSINKI - The Finnish navy has been chasing "an underwater object" which it has failed to identify, forcing it to drop depth charges to warn the intruder it had been detected, officials said Tuesday.