- Nokia says quarterly profit rose but cautions on outlook Updated: Feb-11-16 4:12 am
HELSINKI - Nokia saw fourth quarter profit grow more than 50 percent to 498 million euros ($560 million) on a slight increase in sales, but the telecom networks company cautioned it would face some "market headwinds," especially in China.
- Ericsson Q4 profits, sales surge on growth in China Updated: Jan-27-16 6:20 am
HELSINKI - Wireless equipment maker Ericsson said Wednesday that an improvement in business in China despite the market turmoil there helped its fourth-quarter profit jump nearly 70 percent.
- Terex shares climb higher on unsolicited Zoomlion bid Updated: Jan-26-16 3:26 pm
WESTPORT, Connecticut - Shares of heavy lifting equipment maker Terex Corp. soared after the company announced it had received an unsolicited takeover offer of $30 per share from China's Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science and Technology Co.
- Finland to start 2nd govt-sanctioned trial wolf hunt Updated: Jan-22-16 12:00 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Beginning Saturday, Finland is holding a second government-sanctioned trial wolf hunt in what authorities say is an attempt to manage numbers and curb poaching.
- Anti-immigrant vigilante patrols cause concern in Finland Updated: Jan-22-16 9:05 am
HELSINKI - In the snowy streets of Finland's cities, black-clad vigilantes are on patrol, to the alarm of the police and many residents. They say they're there to keep Finnish people safe from what they say is a new and clear threat - the increasing numbers of asylum-seekers.
- Finnish police probe sexual assault on New Year's Eve Updated: Jan-13-16 11:36 am
HELSINKI - Helsinki police say they are investigating seven cases of suspected sexual assault and harassment of women on New Year's Eve by men who reportedly appeared to be of foreign origin.