- Sidney Crosby reflects on 500 games, 700 points of... Updated: Dec-05-13 1:51 pm
- Snowmobiler dies in Lake County crash Updated: Dec-04-13 10:37 am
- Bjoergen, Sundby win World Cup pursuit races Updated: Dec-01-13 9:35 am
- Strong winds cancel ski jump World Cup event Updated: Nov-30-13 1:32 pm
- Germany's Frenzel wins Nordic Combined in Finland Updated: Nov-30-13 9:03 am
- Ex-Nokia engineers launch new smartphone Updated: Nov-27-13 1:29 pm
- Microsoft to take over Nokia HQ in 2014 after deal Updated: Nov-21-13 11:44 am
- Correction: EU-Finland-Nokia story Updated: Nov-20-13 12:40 pm
- Hirscher wins World Cup slalom opener Updated: Nov-17-13 10:18 am
- US teenager Shiffrin wins WCup slalom opener Updated: Nov-16-13 10:55 am
- 10,000 Finnair passengers grounded Updated: Nov-15-13 9:51 am
- 10,000 Finnair travelers hit by plane groundings Updated: Nov-15-13 6:33 am
- After Nokia, a mobile games boom in Finland Updated: Nov-14-13 12:48 pm
- Finnair warns crew strike will reduce revenue Updated: Nov-13-13 1:29 pm
- Air force pilot killed in jet collision in Finland Updated: Nov-13-13 12:39 pm
- Canada wins Four Nations Cup, beating Finland 6-3 Updated: Nov-09-13 11:02 pm
- US gets 4 goals in 1st to cruise past Sweden 10-0 Updated: Nov-05-13 9:47 pm
Pittsburgh Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby recently became the sixth-fastest NHL player - and fastest active player - to reach 700 points. That would seem to make this an opportune time to catch up with the man considered to be the face of the league. Crosby, 26, recently sat down to discuss a wide range of topics.
FINLAND, Minnesota - A snowmobiler has died in a crash in Lake County.
KUUSAMO, Finland - Norway dominated the pursuit races in the cross-country World Cup on Sunday, with triple Olympic champion Marit Bjoergen winning the women's 10-kilometer race and countryman Martin Johnsrud Sundby winning the men's 15-kilometer race.
KUUSAMO, Finland - Strong winds have forced the cancellation of the ski jump World Cup event after 37 jumps.
KUUSAMO, Finland - World champion Eric Frenzel of Germany won the season-opening Nordic Combined World Cup event on Saturday, beating Joergen Graabak of Norway by 3.5 seconds.
HELSINKI - Engineers who used to work for Nokia are hoping to grab a share of the lucrative and highly competitive smartphone market with a new handset, which is based on the former world No. 1 cellphone maker's old software and is faintly reminiscent of its recent models.
HELSINKI - Nokia says its headquarters near the Finnish capital will be taken over by Microsoft on completion of the sale of its cellphone and services division to the U.S. software company, expected in early 2014.
HELSINKI - In a story Nov. 19 story and earlier coverage about Nokia, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the company's shareholders had approved the sale of a portfolio of patents to Microsoft as well as the ailing cellphone and services division. In fact, Nokia is selling a license to a portfolio of patents as well as the cellphone and services division.
LEVI, Finland - Marcel Hirscher continued to dominate the slalom on Sunday, edging Austrian countryman Mario Matt to win the World Cup opener.
LEVI, Finland - American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin easily won the World Cup slalom opener Saturday, beating reigning Olympic champion Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany by more than a second to send an immediate message to her rivals ahead of the Sochi Games.
HELSINKI - Finnair says some 10,000 passengers have been grounded as the airline canceled flights in anticipation of a planned strike by cabin crews and other personnel that was averted at the last minute.
HELSINKI - Some 10,000 passengers were affected by flight cancellations at Finnair on Friday and Saturday, as the Finnish national carrier prepared for a planned strike by cabin crews and other personnel that was averted only at the last minute.
HELSINKI - From mobile phones to mobile games.
HELSINKI - Finnair says that potential strikes by employees later this month would further weaken its full-year performance, causing an operational loss on top of a drop in revenue.
HELSINKI - A Finnish air force pilot was killed Wednesday when his trainer jet collided with another Hawk during a training flight, the defense forces said.
LAKE PLACID, New York - Jenelle Kohanchuk scored twice and Vicki Bendus had the tiebreaking goal and added two assists to help Canada win the Four Nations Cup women's hockey tournament for the 13th time, 6-3 over Finland on Saturday night.
LAKE PLACID, New York - The United States scored four goals in a 3:55 span of the first period and cruised to a 10-0 victory over Sweden in the Four Nations Cup women's hockey tournament Tuesday night.