- Nordic combined World Cup event called off in Finland Updated: Nov-29-15 3:02 pm
RUKA, Finland - The Nordic combined World Cup had to cancel an event for the second day in a row Sunday, meaning the season's first competition won't be held until next weekend.
- Johnsrud Sundby, Johaug win cross-country pursuit races Updated: Nov-29-15 9:43 am
KUUSAMO, Finland - Norwegian duo Martin Johnsrud Sundby and Therese Johaug defended their leads to win pursuit races on Sunday to wrap up a three-day mini tour that opened the cross-country skiing World Cup.
- World Cup ski jumping & Nordic Combined canceled in Finland Updated: Nov-28-15 3:44 pm
KUUSAMO, Finland - Strong winds forced the cancellation of the ski jumping World Cup at the Ruka ski center in northeast Finland on Saturday.
- Johnsrud Sundby, Johaug win cross-country World Cup races Updated: Nov-28-15 9:53 am
KUUSAMO, Finland - Defending overall champion Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway won the men's 10 kilometer freestyle event Saturday at the opening cross-country skiing World Cup meet of the season, while Therese Johaug dominated the women's 5K race.
- Finnish president urges personal climate pledges from nation Updated: Nov-26-15 12:24 pm
HELSINKI - Finland's president, who will head the country's delegation at the Paris climate talks, has urged Finns to cut their carbon footprint by half within 10 years.
- Finland arrests Iraqi man suspected of war crimes Updated: Nov-16-15 12:10 pm
HELSINKI - Finnish officials say a 29-year-old Iraqi man has been arrested on suspicion of committing war crimes in his home country last year.
- Finnish rock band, sign-language rapper perform near Everest Updated: Nov-16-15 6:46 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Finnish rock band Ancara and sign-language rapper Signmark performed in the foothills of Mount Everest over the weekend to raise funds for a music school for children with hearing disabilities.
- Rings and pacifiers: Health gadgets get sophisticated Updated: Nov-13-15 12:09 am
HELSINKI - After the smartphone and fitness bracelet, here comes the smart ring. And the smart pacifier, and smart rollator.
- Finnish 7-footer Markkanen signs with No. 12 Arizona Updated: Nov-11-15 6:25 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - No. 12 Arizona has signed 7-foot forward Lauri Markkanen from Finland to its 2016-17 freshman class.
- Finland's leader warns of possible government collapse Updated: Nov-05-15 4:47 pm
HELSINKI - Finland's centrist prime minister has raised the possibility of a government collapse after a coalition partner, the conservative party, failed to agree on reforms to the country's social and health care by a Thursday evening deadline.
- 2 World Cup ski races in Finland canceled by warm weather Updated: Nov-05-15 4:48 am
LEVI, Finland - Two World Cup ski races in Finland have been canceled because of a lack of snow.
- Saunas and metal rockers: Finland to launch national emojis Updated: Nov-04-15 10:24 am
HELSINKI - Finland is launching a series of 'national emojis' that include people sweating in saunas, classic Nokia phones and heavy metal head-bangers.
- Clash of Clans maker tops high earner lists in Finland Updated: Nov-02-15 10:36 am
HELSINKI - Mobile gaming company Supercell is now reportedly Finland's biggest money-maker, with a taxable income nearly 10 times that of one-time cellphone powerhouse Nokia.