- Finland's Fortum in $3.5 billion electricity deal Updated: Dec-12-13 9:34 am
- Norway wins women's WCup relay Updated: Dec-08-13 6:09 am
- Sidney Crosby reflects on 500 games, 700 points of... Updated: Dec-05-13 1:51 pm
- Snowmobiler dies in Lake County crash Updated: Dec-04-13 10:37 am
- Germany's Frenzel wins Nordic Combined in Finland Updated: Nov-30-13 9:03 am
- Ex-Nokia engineers launch new smartphone Updated: Nov-27-13 1:29 pm
- Microsoft to take over Nokia HQ in 2014 after deal Updated: Nov-21-13 11:44 am
- Correction: EU-Finland-Nokia story Updated: Nov-20-13 12:40 pm
- Hirscher wins World Cup slalom opener Updated: Nov-17-13 10:18 am
- US teenager Shiffrin wins WCup slalom opener Updated: Nov-16-13 10:55 am
- 10,000 Finnair passengers grounded Updated: Nov-15-13 9:51 am
- 10,000 Finnair travelers hit by plane groundings Updated: Nov-15-13 6:33 am
- After Nokia, a mobile games boom in Finland Updated: Nov-14-13 12:48 pm
- Finnair warns crew strike will reduce revenue Updated: Nov-13-13 1:29 pm
- Air force pilot killed in jet collision in Finland Updated: Nov-13-13 12:39 pm
HELSINKI - Finnish utility Fortum Corp. is selling its electricity distribution sector in Finland to international and Finnish investors for 2.55 billion euros ($3.51 billion) and is preparing for the possible sale of similar businesses in Sweden and Norway.
LILLEHAMMER, Norway - Norway won the first women's World Cup relay competition of the season Sunday, ahead of Finland and the United States.
Pittsburgh Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby recently became the sixth-fastest NHL player - and fastest active player - to reach 700 points. That would seem to make this an opportune time to catch up with the man considered to be the face of the league. Crosby, 26, recently sat down to discuss a wide range of topics.
FINLAND, Minnesota - A snowmobiler has died in a crash in Lake County.
KUUSAMO, Finland - World champion Eric Frenzel of Germany won the season-opening Nordic Combined World Cup event on Saturday, beating Joergen Graabak of Norway by 3.5 seconds.
HELSINKI - Engineers who used to work for Nokia are hoping to grab a share of the lucrative and highly competitive smartphone market with a new handset, which is based on the former world No. 1 cellphone maker's old software and is faintly reminiscent of its recent models.
HELSINKI - Nokia says its headquarters near the Finnish capital will be taken over by Microsoft on completion of the sale of its cellphone and services division to the U.S. software company, expected in early 2014.
HELSINKI - In a story Nov. 19 story and earlier coverage about Nokia, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the company's shareholders had approved the sale of a portfolio of patents to Microsoft as well as the ailing cellphone and services division. In fact, Nokia is selling a license to a portfolio of patents as well as the cellphone and services division.
LEVI, Finland - Marcel Hirscher continued to dominate the slalom on Sunday, edging Austrian countryman Mario Matt to win the World Cup opener.
LEVI, Finland - American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin easily won the World Cup slalom opener Saturday, beating reigning Olympic champion Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany by more than a second to send an immediate message to her rivals ahead of the Sochi Games.
HELSINKI - Finnair says some 10,000 passengers have been grounded as the airline canceled flights in anticipation of a planned strike by cabin crews and other personnel that was averted at the last minute.
HELSINKI - Some 10,000 passengers were affected by flight cancellations at Finnair on Friday and Saturday, as the Finnish national carrier prepared for a planned strike by cabin crews and other personnel that was averted only at the last minute.
HELSINKI - From mobile phones to mobile games.
HELSINKI - Finnair says that potential strikes by employees later this month would further weaken its full-year performance, causing an operational loss on top of a drop in revenue.
HELSINKI - A Finnish air force pilot was killed Wednesday when his trainer jet collided with another Hawk during a training flight, the defense forces said.