- The Latest: Hungary to close reception center in Debrecen Updated: Oct-02-15 11:43 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The latest developments in the hundreds of thousands of refugees and other migrants passing through Europe on their way west. All times local.
- Finland suddenly a top choice for Iraqi asylum-seekers Updated: Sep-30-15 8:06 am
HELSINKI - After 25 days of winding through Europe on buses, trains, cars, a motorcycle and even a horse cart, Firas Afandi reached the end of the line: Finland.
- Finland's new center-right government wins confidence vote Updated: Sep-23-15 1:51 pm
HELSINKI - Finland's center-right government has overwhelmingly survived its first vote of confidence in Parliament, four months after taking office.
- Why Europe isn't creating any Googles or Facebooks Updated: Sep-22-15 12:29 pm
HELSINKI - Micha Benoliel grew up in France and launched his first technology startup there, but he never forgot the atmosphere of adventure and optimism in San Francisco, where he studied in the early 1990s.
- Nationwide strike brings parts of Finland to a halt Updated: Sep-18-15 9:24 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A one-day strike in Finland halted public transportation and shut down ports nationwide on Friday as workers protested against government cutbacks aimed at trying to drag the Nordic country out of a three-year economic downturn.
- Comedians build 'gay bar' on Russia-owned land in Finland Updated: Sep-16-15 10:38 am
HELSINKI - Two Swedish comedians say they built a reconstruction of the "Police Academy" gay bar on Russia-owned land in Finland to protest a Russian law that bans the spreading of "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations" to minors.
- Ogier wins Rally Australia, notches 3rd world title in a row Updated: Sep-13-15 2:11 am
COFFS HARBOUR, Australia - Sebastien Ogier joined some select company on the world rally circuit on Sunday and enhanced France's long dominance of the sport.
- Finnish PM's offer to migrants: Take my spare house Updated: Sep-05-15 12:55 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Amid Europe's migrant crisis, Finnish Prime Minister Juha Sipila is hoping to set an example for his countrymen by opening his own spare house to refugees.
- Hungary, Romania draw 0-0 in Euro 2016 qualifier Updated: Sep-04-15 7:03 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary and Romania drew 0-0 Friday in a European Championship qualifier as fans clashed before the game, with police using tear gas and water cannon.