- Bordeaux beats Lille 1-0 in French league Updated: Dec-08-13 10:23 am
- Central African fighters defy order to stand down Updated: Dec-08-13 9:19 am
- 'La Cage aux Folles' director dies Updated: Dec-08-13 9:10 am
- France tries to rewrite its role in Africa Updated: Dec-08-13 6:21 am
- As wine fakers get sharper, industry fights back Updated: Dec-08-13 2:41 am
- France, AU send more troops to African nation Updated: Dec-07-13 5:30 pm
- US seeks delay of Paris auction of Hopi masks Updated: Dec-07-13 1:13 pm
- Marseille coach Baup dismissed Updated: Dec-07-13 10:52 am
- KC language education program celebrates 100 years Updated: Dec-07-13 9:05 am
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- France to help Africans with rapid-reaction force Updated: Dec-06-13 2:46 pm
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Judge approves auction of sacred Hopi masks Updated: Dec-06-13 1:12 pm
- Niger leader urges 'mixed brigades' to help Libya Updated: Dec-06-13 8:31 am
- Jean Todt re-elected as FIA president Updated: Dec-06-13 6:26 am
- Martinique politician Pierre Aliker dies at 106 Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 am
- UK in talks to help France with CAR logistics Updated: Dec-05-13 3:13 pm
- AP Interview: African leader hails French troops Updated: Dec-05-13 3:02 pm
- UN OKs military action in Central African Republic Updated: Dec-05-13 2:54 pm
- Sidney Crosby reflects on 500 games, 700 points of... Updated: Dec-05-13 1:51 pm
- PSG grateful for chance to rebound quick from loss Updated: Dec-05-13 9:23 am
- Montpellier coach Jean Fernandez quits Updated: Dec-05-13 6:32 am
- Platini: WCup draw helping France was FIFA idea Updated: Dec-04-13 3:31 pm
- New prostitution law passes French lower house Updated: Dec-04-13 12:29 pm
- War crimes apologist from Franco-Algerian war dies Updated: Dec-04-13 12:01 pm
BORDEAUX, France - Bordeaux earned a third straight win by defeating second-place Lille 1-0 Sunday in the French league to get back in the race for a European spot.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - The mostly Muslim fighters who control Central African Republic patrolled neighborhoods across its capital on Sunday despite an order to return to their barracks, reflecting the sectarian tensions still rippling across the impoverished nation.
PARIS - Edouard Molinaro, nominated for an Oscar for directing "La Cage aux Folles," a French farce about a gay couple that struck a chord with a broad range of audiences, has died at 85.
PARIS - France is coming to the rescue again, deploying soldiers in a former African colony to help stave off catastrophe - dirty work that Paris says it doesn't really want. France has its eyes on a dynamic new Africa that is creating jobs, not conflicts.
SAINT-EMILION, France - An FBI agent recently showed Arnaud de Laforcade a file with several labels supposedly from 1947 bottles of Chateau Cheval Blanc, one of France's finest wines. To the Saint-Emilion vineyard's CFO, they were clearly fakes - too new looking, not on the right kind of paper.
BANGUI, Central African Republic - France and the African Union on Saturday announced plans to deploy several thousand more troops into embattled Central African Republic, as thousands of Christians fearing reprisal attacks sought refuge from the Muslim former rebels who now control the country after days of violence left nearly 400 people dead - and possibly more.
PARIS - The American Embassy in Paris is asking a French auction house to delay the planned sale of sacred objects from two Native American tribes.
MARSEILLE, France - Marseille dismissed coach Elie Baup on Saturday and replaced him with sporting director Jose Anigo until the winter break.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Brigitte Miller and her husband, Jerry, can't keep up with their grandchildren. But they're really working at it.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
PARIS - Plans to create an African rapid-reaction force to intervene in the continent's conflicts are gathering steam, with the French officially agreeing to provide equipment, logistical support and advice on coordination.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
PARIS - A judge has ruled that the controversial sale of 32 Native American Hopi masks can go ahead next week.
PARIS - Niger's president is pushing for the creation of multinational African brigades - notably with Libya - to boost border security in lawless zones where jihadist fighters roam.
PARIS - Jean Todt unanimously won a second term as president of motorsports governing body FIA on Friday, running unopposed.
PARIS - Pierre Aliker, a politician who fought for independence from French rule for his native Caribbean island of Martinique for over half a century, has died at age 106.
LONDON - Britain is discussing offering logistical support to France for its military operation in the Central African Republic, officials said Thursday, an effort that could mirror U.K. assistance for a previous French intervention in Mali.
PARIS - The prime minister of the Central African Republic on Thursday welcomed a French military intervention into his country, hours after deadly assaults left dozens dead in a capital descending toward anarchy.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council authorized increased military action by France and African troops in the Central African Republican to try to end near-anarchy amid an upsurge in Muslim-Christian violence, killings, torture and rapes.
Pittsburgh Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby recently became the sixth-fastest NHL player - and fastest active player - to reach 700 points. That would seem to make this an opportune time to catch up with the man considered to be the face of the league. Crosby, 26, recently sat down to discuss a wide range of topics.
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain is eager not to make losing a new habit.
MONTPELLIER, France - Montpellier coach Jean Fernandez has resigned after a seventh straight match without a win.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Michel Platini has distanced himself from FIFA's choice of World Cup draw procedure, which appeared to give his native France a better chance in next year's tournament in Brazil.
PARIS - A bill that would decriminalize prostitutes and fine their customers passed France's lower house of parliament on Wednesday by a wide margin.
PARIS - French Gen. Paul Aussaresses, whose remorseless admission of executions and torture during the Algerian independence war five decades ago forced France to examine the dark period, has died. He was 95.