- Wing part turns up as solid clue in hunt for MH370 Updated: Jul-30-15 1:30 pm
SAINT-ANDRE, Reunion - A sea-crusted wing part washed up on an island in the western Indian Ocean may be the first trace of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 since it vanished nearly a year and a half ago, and a tragic but finally solid clue to one of aviation's most perplexing and expensive mysteries.
- Kremlin says Russia and France agree on refund for Mistral Updated: Jul-30-15 12:55 pm
MOSCOW - A Kremlin aide says Russia and France have agreed on a refund amount for an undelivered French warship.
- Platini kicks off political fight for future of FIFA Updated: Jul-30-15 12:24 pm
GENEVA - Michel Platini hopes he made a decisive move early in the seven-month campaign to become FIFA president.
- French soccer referee gets 4-month suspension Updated: Jul-30-15 12:15 pm
PARIS - Referee Said Ennjimi has been handed a four-month suspension by the French football federation after criticizing his superiors following an incident in which he asked players for autographed jerseys.
- Loose papers may have caused deadly F-16 crash in Spain Updated: Jul-30-15 11:24 am
PARIS - Loose papers left in the cockpit of an F-16 that crashed at a Spanish air base could have sent the fighter jet into its deadly spiral, French investigators have concluded.
- The Latest: Possible plane debris being sent to France Updated: Jul-30-15 7:35 am
PARIS - Here are the latest developments on the Malaysia Airlines flight that disappeared nearly a year and a half ago (all times local):
- Keaten appointment AP chief correspondent in Switzerland Updated: Jul-30-15 6:55 am
LONDON - Jamey Keaten, a reporter in the Paris office of The Associated Press, has been named chief correspondent for Switzerland.
- Renault profit rises in 1st half on European rebound Updated: Jul-30-15 4:19 am
PARIS - French carmaker Renault has reported a sharp rise in its first-half profit as the European car market rebounded strongly in the period.
- Sanofi reports higher profit in 2nd quarter Updated: Jul-30-15 2:46 am
PARIS - Drugmaker Sanofi has reported a sharp rise in profits in the second quarter as higher sales from its Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotech unit Genzyme helped offset by cuts in the price of the company's diabetes treatment Lantus in the U.S.
- Paris Saint-Germain beats Manchester United 2-0 Updated: Jul-30-15 12:20 am
CHICAGO - Paris Saint-Germain claimed the International Champions Cup with a 2-0 victory over Manchester United on Wednesday night at Soldier Field.
- France deploys riot police to bolster Calais security Updated: Jul-29-15 5:02 pm
CALAIS, France - The young Afghan has tried every single day for three months to get into the railway tunnel in Calais leading to England and what he hopes will be a better life. For him, like the dozens who appeared as darkness fell, Wednesday would be the same even if their numbers were immeasurably larger than even a week ago.
- French, German tank makers sign tie-up agreement Updated: Jul-29-15 3:40 pm
PARIS - French and German executives from two of Europe's leading armored vehicle makers signed a long-awaited merger deal Wednesday aimed at creating a new European champion in the $50 billion annual terrestrial defense market.
- Jane Birkin asks Hermes to take her name off croc handbag Updated: Jul-29-15 12:55 pm
PARIS - British singer Jane Birkin has asked Hermes to take her name off the crocodile-skin versions of the iconic Birkin handbag, after being contacted by animal rights group PETA over "cruel" slaughtering practices.
- Iran, France talk of 'new era' in ties after nuclear deal Updated: Jul-29-15 10:33 am
TEHRAN, Iran - France sought Wednesday to relaunch diplomatic ties with Iran in the hope of boosting business in the country, following a key nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers reached earlier this month.
- Tejay van Garderen to compete at Spanish Vuelta Updated: Jul-29-15 10:12 am
PARIS - Tejay van Garderen will ride in the Spanish Vuelta next month after abandoning at the Tour de France because of illness.
- EU checking if Disneyland Paris charges unfair prices Updated: Jul-29-15 8:07 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union is looking into complaints that Disneyland Paris is unfairly charging different prices for consumers depending on what nation the request comes from.
- Abou Diaby joins Marseille on free transfer Updated: Jul-29-15 6:33 am
MARSEILLE, France - Hoping to revive his injury-hit career, former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby joined Marseille on a free transfer on Wednesday.
- Energy company Total profit slips in 2nd quarter Updated: Jul-29-15 3:22 am
PARIS - French energy giant Total SA says its net profit slid 4 percent in the second quarter as higher production helped offset a steep drop in the price of oil.
- French archaeology students find 560,000-year-old tooth Updated: Jul-28-15 12:16 pm
PARIS - Two students have found a human tooth from about 560,000 years ago in a famous prehistoric cave in southwestern France, a discovery praised by archaeologists as the oldest human body part ever discovered in the country and being rare from that period in Europe.
- French farmers protest taps into freewheeling tradition Updated: Jul-28-15 11:12 am
PARIS - Over the past week, French farmers have used tractors to block the border with Germany and chucked foreign vegetables off trucks in protest of cheap imports. French leaders did not call in the police - they gave the farmers their support.
- French farmers turn back trucks with foreign meat, cheese Updated: Jul-27-15 1:49 pm
PARIS - French farmers angry over low prices turned back hundreds of trucks at the German border on Monday, looking for cargos of foreign meat and milk products.
- Swiss army makes incursion into France for water for cattle Updated: Jul-27-15 10:31 am
PARIS - Swiss army helicopters have crossed the Franco-Swiss border in an unexpected incursion - to help thirsty Swiss cows.
- 2 surrender, 1 hurt in barricade crash at Tour de France Updated: Jul-27-15 9:23 am
PARIS - A police official says two people have surrendered in the search for the driver of a car that tried to crash barricades near the Tour de France finish line.
- Binge-buying French telecoms mogul teams with media group Updated: Jul-27-15 6:16 am
PARIS - Two of France's top executives are teaming up in a joint venture focused on international media projects.
- The Latest: Tour chief: Flat stage key in battle of climbers Updated: Jul-26-15 4:45 pm
PARIS - The Latest from the Tour de France (all times local):