- France edges US 3-2 in Fed Cup Updated: Apr-20-14 9:18 pm
- Liverpool closes in on Premier League title Updated: Apr-20-14 6:56 pm
- Monaco beats Nice 1-0 in France Updated: Apr-20-14 5:39 pm
- World War II vet opens up about captivity Updated: Apr-20-14 1:26 pm
- 4 French journalists home after long Syrian ordeal Updated: Apr-20-14 10:44 am
- Aesthetics-minded Americans decry Paris love locks Updated: Apr-20-14 5:47 am
- Cavani fires PSG to League Cup title Updated: Apr-19-14 6:33 pm
- 4 French journalists held hostage in Syria freed Updated: Apr-19-14 6:28 am
- French President Hollande's top aide resigns Updated: Apr-18-14 1:16 pm
- French military frees 5 aid workers in N Mali Updated: Apr-17-14 5:16 pm
- Tiny power plants hold promise for nuclear energy Updated: Apr-17-14 5:08 pm
- Jones, Godard, Cronenberg in competition at Cannes Updated: Apr-17-14 1:11 pm
- 5 things to know about Ligue 1 this weekend Updated: Apr-17-14 8:36 am
- Servier, lab founder in drug scandal, dies at 92 Updated: Apr-17-14 7:52 am
- Column: Fuel-careful F1 less of a guilty pleasure Updated: Apr-17-14 5:20 am
- France targets welfare for big spending cuts Updated: Apr-16-14 1:56 pm
- Atletico Mineiro backs off deal to sign Anelka Updated: Apr-15-14 7:48 pm
- Security Council sees grim images of Syrian dead Updated: Apr-15-14 5:10 pm
- In a first, France tackles sex assault in military Updated: Apr-15-14 3:07 pm
- Zidane wanted to coach France after Euro 2012 Updated: Apr-15-14 6:47 am
- Court rejects Red Bull appeal for Ricciardo Updated: Apr-15-14 6:26 am
- French Open prize money goes up to $34.5M Updated: Apr-15-14 6:18 am
- French school carries out DNA dragnet in rape case Updated: Apr-14-14 1:37 pm
- Mercedes pushes for Red Bull sanction in dispute Updated: Apr-14-14 12:02 pm
- Auction of Hitler box, other Nazi items nixed Updated: Apr-14-14 11:41 am
ST. LOUIS - Caroline Garcia is still trying to figure out her recent success.
LONDON - Liverpool secured a return to the Champions League on Sunday - but there's a much bigger prize just around the corner.
PARIS - Dimitar Berbatov helped Monaco secure a Champions League spot by scoring an audacious lob in a 1-0 win over Nice in the French league on Sunday.
BUHL, Idaho - A sleeve full of potatoes.
PARIS - Four French journalists kidnapped and held for 10 months in Syria returned home Sunday to joyful families, a presidential welcome and questions about how France managed to obtain their freedom from Islamic extremists.
PARIS - Without love, what is Paris? And yet what is a trip to Paris without unfettered vistas of the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre or Notre Dame from bridges over the River Seine?
PARIS - Edinson Cavani scored twice to fire Paris Saint-Germain to a 2-1 win over Lyon in the French League Cup final on Saturday.
PARIS - Four French journalists held hostage in Syria since June have been released, France's presidential palace said Saturday.
PARIS - The French president's top adviser resigned Friday following allegations of a past conflict of interest, striking a new blow to the already unpopular Francois Hollande.
PARIS - French special forces backed by helicopters led a pre-dawn operation in northern Mail Thursday and freed five humanitarian aid workers who had been held captive by a "terrorist group" - killing about 10 of the alleged militants, officials said.
PARIS - Small underground nuclear power plants that could be cheaper to build than their behemoth counterparts may herald the future for an energy industry under intense scrutiny since the Fukushima disaster, the incoming head of the Nuclear Energy Agency told The Associated Press.
PARIS - David Cronenberg deconstructs Hollywood, Tommy Lee Jones goes Western, and reclusive New Wave legend Jean-Luc Godard returns in 3-D in films competing for top honors at next month's Cannes Film Festival.
With defending champion and Ligue 1 leader Paris Saint-Germain not playing until Wednesday, Monaco can cut the gap to seven points with a victory at home to Nice.
PARIS - Jacques Servier, the founder of France's second-largest pharmaceutical group who became ensnared in a scandal over a diabetes drug widely used for weight loss, has died.
PARIS - As Earth's atmosphere warms alarmingly and fills with heat-trapping gases, and the writing on the wall - "People, we're in trouble!" - looms ever larger, Formula One has steadily become a guilty pleasure, the motorsport equivalent of blue whale burger or wearing panda fur.
PARIS - France's new prime minister announced plans Wednesday to cut 21 billion euros ($29 billion) from state pensions, health care and the social safety net as a part of a 50 billion-euro effort to rein in the country's debt and deficit.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro said Tuesday that it will not sign former France striker Nicolas Anelka because the player took too long to report to the club.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council fell silent Tuesday after ambassadors viewed a series of ghastly photographs of dead Syrian civil war victims, France's ambassador said. The pictures showed people who were emaciated, with their bones protruding, and some bearing the marks of strangulation and repeated beatings, and eyes having been gouged out.
PARIS - France claims great success in recruiting women into its armed forces, boasting one of the world's highest percentages of women in uniform. What it hasn't done is work to prevent sexual assault and harassment once they get there.
PARIS - Midfield great Zinedine Zidane offered to coach the national team two years ago but was turned down by the president of the French Football Federation.
PARIS - Red Bull is "disappointed" but now focused on the upcoming Chinese Grand Prix after a court on Tuesday rejected its appeal against the disqualification of driver Daniel Ricciardo at the season-opening race in Australia.
PARIS - Prize money at the French Open will rise to more than 25 million euros ($34.5 million) this year, an increase of 3 million euros ($4.1 million) from last year.
PARIS - French investigators began taking DNA samples Monday from 527 male students and staff at a high school - including boys as young as 14 - as they searched for the assailant who raped a teenage girl on the closed campus.
PARIS - Mercedes tore into Formula One rival Red Bull at an appeals court hearing Monday over the disqualification of Daniel Ricciardo at the Australian Grand Prix, saying the team flouted rules and must be put on notice to stop it from becoming a repeat offender.
PARIS - A Paris auction house has dropped plans to sell a swastika-covered box that once belonged to Adolf Hitler and dozens of other Nazi-owned objects that were collected as war spoils from World War II, blaming "political pressure."