- Faulty breast implants: French court upholds 4-year sentence Updated: May-02-16 1:47 pm
AIX-EN-PROVENCE, France - A French appeals court on Monday upheld a four-year prison sentence against a maker of fraudulent breast implants that were given to tens of thousands of women worldwide from 2001 to 2010.
- Olafur Eliasson creates waterfall in Versailles palace show Updated: May-02-16 1:24 pm
PARIS - Artist Olafur Eliasson is vowing to turn visitors into explorers in his summer project at the palace of Versailles outside of Paris.
- French far right party punishes Jean-Marie Le Pen's allies Updated: May-02-16 1:04 pm
PARIS - Marine Le Pen's far right National Front has punished two leading party figures for attending a Paris rally led by her father.
- French leader says all new subs will be built in Australia Updated: May-02-16 1:19 am
CANBERRA, Australia - A new fleet of French-designed Australian submarines will be built in Australia on time and within budget, the French prime minister said on Monday.
- Trade unions hold rallies to mark May Day; clashes Updated: May-01-16 6:19 pm
Trade unions and other groups are staging rallies around the world to mark International Workers Day. A look at some May Day events:
- Marseille ends winless run with 1-0 victory at Angers Updated: May-01-16 1:41 pm
ANGERS, France - Marseille snapped a run of 11 league matches without a victory by winning 1-0 at Angers on Sunday to ensure it stays in Ligue 1.
- Frenchman flies more than a mile on a hoverboard Updated: May-01-16 10:46 am
PARIS - A Frenchman has flown more than 2 kilometers (over a mile) on a hoverboard in an apparent new world record.
- Red Bulls acquired defender Aurelien Collin from Orlando FC Updated: Apr-29-16 6:51 pm
- Report: Small blaze hits Paris building; no injuries Updated: Apr-29-16 11:44 am
PARIS - French radio says a small blaze broke out in a building under renovation near a major Paris train station.
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.
- French politicians decry violence at Nuit Debout protest Updated: Apr-29-16 8:18 am
PARIS - French politicians are decrying the violence that erupted at the edges of anti-labor reform protests in Paris and other French cities.
- Sanofi profits stable, strong sales in emerging markets Updated: Apr-29-16 2:13 am
PARIS - Sanofi says drugs sales in emerging markets helped keep its profits stable in the first quarter despite losses caused by Venezuela's collapsing currency.
- Strikes, protests in France against disputed labor reforms Updated: Apr-28-16 1:17 pm
PARIS - Protesters clashed with police in several French cities Thursday over proposed reforms to the country's labor rules and strikers forced cancellations and delays at two major airports serving Paris.
- France shows off humanoid underwater exploration robot Updated: Apr-28-16 12:38 pm
MARSEILLE, France - French officials have unveiled a humanoid diving robot that they hope will give a big artificial hand to the practice of underwater archaeology.
- Israel rejects French peace effort proposal Updated: Apr-28-16 12:22 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel has rejected a French initiative aimed at restarting peace efforts with the Palestinians, saying direct negotiations are the best way to reach a final agreement between the sides.
- EU in trouble as Eurosceptic parties gain in strength Updated: Apr-28-16 11:50 am
VIENNA - Even before a vehemently anti-EU party won strong support in Austria, the European Union's top official acknowledged that the 28-nation bloc was in trouble.
- Sanofi makes $9.3 billion bid for American firm Medivation Updated: Apr-28-16 11:49 am
PARIS - Drug maker Sanofi made a $9.3 billion bid for San Francisco pharmaceutical firm Medivation on Thursday, part of the firm's effort to expand its portfolio of cancer treatments.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.
- Thieves ram Paris Chanel store with car, make off with bags Updated: Apr-28-16 9:18 am
PARIS - French police officers say thieves have driven a vehicle into a Chanel store in central Paris just before dawn, crashing through the boutique's shutters and setting the car ablaze as they made off with an unspecified number of luxury handbags.
- Airbus profits down; gearbox troubles in military plane Updated: Apr-28-16 2:32 am
PARIS - Airbus Group said Thursday it's facing a "challenging year" after troubles surfaced with a gearbox on the A400M military transporter and export credit agencies suspended financing for the plane-maker.
- Costs for fan zone security at Euro 2016 to be shared 3 ways Updated: Apr-27-16 5:50 pm
PARIS - Spending on security at fan zones during the European Championship in France will be shared between the host cities, the government and European soccer's ruling body, UEFA.
- Passing security test at Euro 2016 will help 2024 Paris bid Updated: Apr-27-16 3:42 pm
PARIS - Hosting a successful European Championship for soccer fans in June and July would provide further proof that France could stage a safe Olympic Games in Paris in 2024, French Olympic Committee president Denis Masseglia said Wednesday.
- Paris attacks suspect Abdeslam extradited, charged in France Updated: Apr-27-16 3:28 pm
PARIS - The lone known surviving suspect in the Paris attacks was returned Wednesday to the city where Islamic State extremists unleashed a night of mayhem and charged with a host of terrorism offenses, raising hopes that he may be able to help French investigators trace the pathways of IS fighters thought to be hiding out in Europe.
- The Latest: Paris suspect charged with terrorist murders Updated: Apr-27-16 12:38 pm
PARIS - The Latest on Paris attacks (all times local):
- France's Olympic water polo team cleared by FINA Updated: Apr-27-16 11:41 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The governing body of swimming says no action will be taken against France's water polo team for supposedly losing an Olympic qualifier on purpose to get a preferred opponent in the next round.