- Liverpool closes in on Premier League title Updated: Apr-20-14 6:56 pm
- Guardiola, Mourinho back in Madrid for CL semis Updated: Apr-20-14 6:54 pm
- Leverkusen, Stuttgart claim vital Bundesliga wins Updated: Apr-20-14 1:58 pm
- World War II vet opens up about captivity Updated: Apr-20-14 1:26 pm
- Fed Cup: Germany leads Australia 2-0 in semifinal Updated: Apr-19-14 3:17 am
- Researcher finds flaw in Samsung fingerprint check Updated: Apr-17-14 3:34 pm
- Croatia extradites ex-spy to Germany Updated: Apr-17-14 2:19 pm
- Taxi app Uber faces ban in Berlin Updated: Apr-17-14 12:22 pm
- Germany: Somali gets 12 years for tanker hijacking Updated: Apr-17-14 9:43 am
- Ala company specializes in rare Porsche autos Updated: Apr-17-14 8:13 am
- Bundesliga relegation battle heats up Updated: Apr-17-14 7:30 am
- German media boss says he's scared of Google Updated: Apr-16-14 6:38 pm
- Wolfsburg's Malanda to miss rest of season Updated: Apr-16-14 9:05 am
- Hoeness tax case has Germans dashing to confess Updated: Apr-16-14 5:37 am
- Credit Suisse profits down 34 percent Updated: Apr-16-14 5:01 am
- Germany's Merkel calls Putin to discuss Ukraine Updated: Apr-15-14 3:52 pm
- German company starts gas deliveries to Ukraine Updated: Apr-15-14 11:12 am
- German economic confidence slips on Ukraine worry Updated: Apr-15-14 6:40 am
- Nestle sales up despite slack prices in Europe Updated: Apr-15-14 4:58 am
- Bayern defender Rafinha banned for 3 games Updated: Apr-14-14 12:36 pm
- Auction of Hitler box, other Nazi items nixed Updated: Apr-14-14 11:41 am
- Match-fixer Ante Sapina has sentence reduced Updated: Apr-14-14 10:53 am
- Prosecutors: Ecclestone was afraid of losing grip Updated: Apr-14-14 8:50 am
- Germany, France see ghosts of WWI in Ukraine Updated: Apr-14-14 8:08 am
- Bayern signs Frankfurt midfielder Sebastian Rode Updated: Apr-14-14 8:00 am
LONDON - Liverpool secured a return to the Champions League on Sunday - but there's a much bigger prize just around the corner.
BERLIN - Bayer Leverkusen reclaimed fourth place in the Bundesliga with a 4-1 with at relegation-threatened Nuremberg and Stuttgart eased its relegation fears with a 3-1 win over Schalke on Sunday.
BUHL, Idaho - A sleeve full of potatoes.
BRISBANE, Australia - Andrea Petkovic and Angelique Kerber had straight-set wins on Saturday to give Germany a 2-0 lead over Australia in their Fed Cup semifinal and primed to reach its first final in 21 years.
BERLIN - A Berlin-based researcher says he has managed to fool the fingerprint-based security system on Samsung's new Galaxy S5 smartphone using wood glue and a picture of the original print.
BERLIN - A former top spy in Yugoslavia's feared secret service has been extradited to Germany, where he is wanted in connection with murder of a political dissident 31 years ago.
BERLIN - Ride-hailing app Uber could face a ban in the German capital after the head of the Berlin Taxi Association convinced a local court that the company's service breaks the law.
BERLIN - A German court has sentenced a Somali man to 12 years in prison for helping lead a group of pirates who seized a German-operated oil tanker in 2010.
FLORENCE, Alabama - Fast sports cars with sleek, sexy lines are the last thing passers-by probably imagine when they pass the nondescript metal building in an industrial park in northwest Alabama.
BERLIN - The relegation battle and race for the last Champions League qualification spot take center stage in the Bundesliga with just four games of the season remaining. League champion Bayern Munich has already turned its attention to defending its Champions League and German Cup titles and will use the remaining games as warm-ups for Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund. There are no games on Friday so the 31st round of games gets underway Thursday night with Eintracht Frankfurt hosting Hannover. Here are five things to know ahead of the Easter weekend's games:
BERLIN - The head of Germany's biggest media company says he is afraid of Google and wants the company to become more transparent.
WOLFSBURG, Germany - Wolfsburg midfielder Junior Malanda will miss the remaining four matches in the Bundesliga after damaging ligaments in his right knee in the 2-0 German Cup loss at Borussia Dortmund.
BERLIN - The high-profile tax evasion trial against former Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness has prompted a surge in the number of Germans turning themselves in to authorities for failing to properly declare their taxes.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Swiss bank Credit Suisse says its net profit fell 34 percent in the first quarter, more than expected, as bond-market woes hurt earnings at its investment banking business.
BERLIN - German utility company RWE said Tuesday it has started sending natural gas to Ukraine, a move that could support the country if Russia acts on its threat to cut off supplies because of a massive debt for past deliveries.
FRANKFURT, Germany - A key German measure of investor confidence in the economy slipped in April as the conflict in Ukraine created uncertainty about the future.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Food company Nestle SA says sales rose 4.2 percent in the first quarter compared with a year ago despite deflationary pressures in Europe.
PARIS - A Paris auction house has dropped plans to sell a swastika-covered box that once belonged to Adolf Hitler and dozens of other Nazi-owned objects that were collected as war spoils from World War II, blaming "political pressure."
BOCHUM, Germany - A German court has sentenced convicted match-fixer Ante Sapina to five years in prison following a new trial, six months less than his previous sentence.
MUNICH - Munich prosecutors believe Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone allegedly bribed a German banker because he was afraid of losing his grip on the racing series.
BERLIN - Senior French and German officials have warned that the surge in nationalism fueling the crisis in Ukraine echoes the ideas that gripped Europe a century ago and led to World War I.