- Merkel seeks party's support for new German gov't Updated: Dec-09-13 7:55 am
- German industrial production slows Updated: Dec-09-13 7:46 am
- German firm testing drones to deliver goods Updated: Dec-09-13 7:25 am
- Wolfsburg beats Freiburg to go 5th in Bundesliga Updated: Dec-08-13 1:58 pm
- Bayern to travel to Hamburg in German Cup Updated: Dec-08-13 12:42 pm
- Germany, Italy win WCup snowboard cross events Updated: Dec-08-13 10:57 am
- Report: German president boycotting Sochi Olympics Updated: Dec-08-13 9:54 am
- Sturm beats Barker by TKO in 2nd for IBF belt Updated: Dec-07-13 6:48 pm
- German sports body appoints Bach successor Updated: Dec-07-13 9:52 am
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- Something for everyone to talk about in WCup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:48 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- American Joey Mantia earns 1st World Cup victory Updated: Dec-06-13 5:16 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Chile presidential candidates square off in debate Updated: Dec-06-13 1:28 pm
- Family Film Guide: 'Black Nativity,' 'Frozen' and 'The Book... Updated: Dec-06-13 1:19 pm
- Thousands in UK face another day of flooding Updated: Dec-06-13 11:59 am
- German court releases Auschwitz guard suspect Updated: Dec-06-13 11:14 am
- Germany to take in 5,000 more Syrian refugees Updated: Dec-06-13 7:38 am
- Germany: 3 aid workers killed in Yemen Updated: Dec-05-13 2:13 pm
- Sidney Crosby reflects on 500 games, 700 points of... Updated: Dec-05-13 1:51 pm
- New German govt to allow more dual citizens Updated: Dec-05-13 1:44 pm
- European Central Bank keeps rates unchanged Updated: Dec-05-13 11:01 am
- Bundesliga to discuss goal-line technology Updated: Dec-05-13 10:02 am
BERLIN - Chancellor Angela Merkel is seeking her conservative party's support for a new German government alliance with its center-left rivals and pointing to continuity in Berlin's hard-nosed approach to Europe's debt crisis.
BERLIN - Germany's imports and exports grew in October but industrial production lost further momentum, reports showed Monday, raising concern over the strength of Europe's largest economy.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany's express delivery and mail company Deutsche Post DHL is testing a drone that could be used to deliver urgently needed goods to hard-to-reach places.
BERLIN - Wolfsburg inflicted a 3-0 defeat on relegation-threatened Freiburg to go fifth in the Bundesliga on Sunday, while Hertha Berlin beat bottom side Eintracht Braunschweig 2-0 to consolidate seventh.
MONTAFON, Austria - Germany won the first men's snowboard World Cup cross team event of the season on Sunday, while Italy edged the United States for victory in the women's competition.
BERLIN - German President Joachim Gauck is boycotting the Winter Olympics and will not travel to Sochi, Russia next year.
STUTTGART, Germany - Felix Sturm stopped defending champion Darren Barker in the second round to take the Briton's IBF middleweight title Saturday night.
WIESBADEN, Germany - Germany's national sports body appointed Alfons Hoermann as president on Saturday, filling the position vacated by Thomas Bach when he took over as president of the International Olympic Committee.
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
There are scores to settle, family feuds and no shortage of karmic reckoning. For something so random, Friday's World Cup draw delivered a blockbuster mix of intrigue, entertainment and story lines that will keep folks talking from now until the tournament kicks off June 12.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
BERLIN - American Joey Mantia, a former inline champion, earned his first World Cup victory Friday, winning the 1,500 meters in 1 minute, 45.80 seconds.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
SANTIAGO, Chile - Michelle Bachelet defended promises of deep social changes while her conservative rival Evelyn Matthei said reducing poverty and crime are more important than Bachelet's call for free education during a debate ahead of the presidential elections.
A guide to films from a family perspective:
LONDON - Hundreds of people in Britain mopped up flooded homes on Friday after a powerful storm that scoured northern Europe with hurricane-force gusts kicked up the biggest tidal surge in 60 years, swamping stretches of shoreline.
BERLIN - A 94-year-old man deported from the U.S. for lying about his Nazi past was released from custody Friday after a German court said it had serious doubts he is fit to stand trial on charges he served as a death camp guard.
BERLIN - Germany says it will take in a further 5,000 refugees from Syria, doubling its current offer of shelter for people fleeing the Arab nation's civil war.
BERLIN - Two German aid workers and a Yemeni colleague were killed in an insurgent attack in Yemen, Germany's foreign minister said Thursday.
Pittsburgh Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby recently became the sixth-fastest NHL player - and fastest active player - to reach 700 points. That would seem to make this an opportune time to catch up with the man considered to be the face of the league. Crosby, 26, recently sat down to discuss a wide range of topics.
BERLIN - Turkish or German? For millions of immigrants' sons and daughters who grew up speaking German, immersed in German culture, yet feeling the emotional pull to ancestral roots, it's been a tough choice.
FRANKFURT, Germany - The European Central Bank kept its interest rates on hold Thursday even though the recovery has weakened in the 17-country euro currency union and inflation is forecast to remain low.
FRANKFURT, Germany - The Bundesliga will decide in March whether to introduce goal-line technology in its top two divisions.