- Tyson Fury ends Wladimir Klitschko's heavyweight reign Updated: Nov-28-15 8:29 pm
DUESSELDORF, Germany - Tyson Fury defeated Wladimir Klitschko by unanimous decision Saturday to end the Ukrainian's 9 1/2-year reign as heavyweight champion and fulfill his father's prophesy from the day he was born.
- Mueller scores as Bayern beats Hertha 2-0 in Bundesliga Updated: Nov-28-15 1:05 pm
DUESSELDORF, Germany - Thomas Mueller scored again as Bayern Munich defeated Hertha Berlin 2-0 to provisionally extend its Bundesliga lead to 11 points on Saturday.
- Friedrich wins first 2-man bobsled World Cup of the season Updated: Nov-28-15 12:33 pm
ALTENBERG, Germany - World champion Francesco Friedrich of Germany defeated Oskars Melbardis of Latvia to win the first two-man bobsled World Cup of the season on Saturday.
- Klitschko-Fury fight is on after soft canvas issue resolved Updated: Nov-28-15 10:57 am
DUESSELDORF, Germany - Tyson Fury has withdrawn a complaint about the canvas being too soft for Saturday's world heavyweight title fight against Wladimir Klitschko, meaning the bout will go ahead as planned.
- Martins Dukurs wins season's 1st skeleton World Cup race Updated: Nov-28-15 10:22 am
ALTENBERG, Germany - Three-time world champion Martins Dukurs of Latvia recovered from third place after his first run to win the first skeleton World Cup event of the season on Saturday.
- Germany dominates opening day of luge World Cup season Updated: Nov-28-15 9:38 am
IGLS, Austria - Germany dominated the opening day of the luge World Cup season Saturday, winning both the men's doubles and the women's competition.
- Bayern defends Franz Beckenbauer from criticism in scandal Updated: Nov-27-15 5:00 pm
MUNICH - Bayern Munich defended former football great Franz Beckenbauer from criticism over his role in the scandal concerning Germany's 2006 World Cup bid on Friday.
- Bayern Munich announces record profit after tax for 2014-15 Updated: Nov-27-15 3:20 pm
MUNICH - Bayern Munich made a record profit after tax of 23.8 million euros ($25.2 million) last season, the club announced at its annual general meeting on Friday.
- Former East German athlete testifies to the evils of doping Updated: Nov-27-15 1:35 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Heidi Krieger didn't ask questions when her coaches added a regimen of blue pills to the handful of vitamins she was already taking every day.
- Survey shows German consumers losing confidence Updated: Nov-27-15 8:18 am
BERLIN - A closely-watched survey shows German consumers are losing confidence amid growing concerns of an economic slump.
- German court orders ancient Olmec figures returned to Mexico Updated: Nov-27-15 8:08 am
BERLIN - A Munich civil court says it has ordered a Costa Rican art dealer living in Germany to return two ancient wooden figures to Mexico after determining they were improperly obtained and exported.
- Central, eastern Europe protest Russian gas pipeline project Updated: Nov-27-15 7:26 am
PRAGUE - Slovakia's economy minister says his country will join forces with other Central and Eastern members of the European Union to protest a recent deal to expand a pipeline that delivers natural gas directly from Russia to Germany.
- Russia, France agree to tighten cooperation against IS Updated: Nov-27-15 12:58 am
MOSCOW - The presidents of France and Russia agreed Thursday to tighten cooperation in the fight against the Islamic State group, although they remained at odds over their approach toward Syrian President Bashar Assad.
- Hamburg voters to decide on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Leaders of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics hope that a soccer scandal, unsettled costs and fear of attacks won't dissuade voters from backing the German port city's candidacy on Sunday.
- Hertha next to try halt Bayern Munich's Bundesliga charge Updated: Nov-26-15 6:00 am
BERLIN - Bayern Munich's dominance in the Bundesliga has German football fans looking elsewhere for drama with the race for European places and relegation battles providing the lion's share of excitement.
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League Updated: Nov-25-15 5:27 pm
MOENCHENGLADBACH, Germany - Lars Stindl scored twice as Borussia Moenchengladbach defeated Sevilla 4-2 on Wednesday to eliminate the visiting side from the Champions League and boost its own chances of playing in the Europa League.
- German reinvents pre-fab concrete shelters to house migrants Updated: Nov-25-15 3:35 pm
BAD NEUENAHR-AHRWEILER, Germany - A retired engineer in Germany has come up with a solution to the shortage of appropriate housing for asylum-seekers as winter draws near: pre-fabricated concrete houses that can be manufactured and erected in just a few days.
- A veteran's memories Updated: Nov-25-15 2:16 pm
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming - Several of World War II veteran Harry R. Chipp's war stories sound like the stuff of nightmares.
- As border checks return in Europe, economic costs loom Updated: Nov-25-15 1:48 pm
LONDON - Queues, bottlenecks and security checks - their return in Europe could have a sizeable economic impact if they become entrenched in the wake of the attacks in Paris and the unprecedented flow of refugees from conflict zones like Syria.
- Germany gives Greece 10,000 records on possible tax cheats Updated: Nov-25-15 1:12 pm
BERLIN - Germany has shared some 10,000 records on possible Greek tax cheats with Athens.
- VW to offer quick fix for diesel engines in Europe Updated: Nov-25-15 7:56 am
BERLIN - Volkswagen says it will take less than an hour to bring 1.6 and 2.0 liter turbodiesel engines in Europe into line with emissions rules.
- Union cancels strikes at Lufthansa Updated: Nov-25-15 7:49 am
BERLIN - A strike at Germany's flagship airline, Lufthansa, has been averted after a cabin crew union announced it would hold further negotiations with the company.
- He jumped into Normandy, ran spies in Moscow, retired at 90 Updated: Nov-25-15 3:07 am
WASHINGTON - Hugh Montgomery never wrote a memoir. That just wasn't done among his generation of spies.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Nov-24-15 8:31 pm
The Dallas Morning News. Nov. 23, 2015.
- Bayern beats Olympiakos 4-0, wins Group F in Champs League Updated: Nov-24-15 5:12 pm
MUNICH - Bayern Munich secured first place in Group F of the Champions League by dispatching Olympiakos 4-0 on Tuesday.