- Ailing Tymoshenko may get back operation in Berlin Updated: Mar-08-14 2:58 pm
- Bayern Munich blitzes Wolfsburg 6-1 in Bundesliga Updated: Mar-08-14 2:44 pm
- Americans taste more success at speedskating WCup Updated: Mar-08-14 1:59 pm
- Obama, Germany's Merkel discuss Ukraine Updated: Mar-07-14 9:05 pm
- Russia warns heavier sanctions could backfire Updated: Mar-07-14 8:15 pm
- German president visits massacre site in Greece Updated: Mar-07-14 1:56 pm
- German survives on flies while lost in Outback Updated: Mar-07-14 8:35 am
- German industrial production rises in January Updated: Mar-07-14 7:23 am
- Yatsenyuk flight checked after terrorism threat Updated: Mar-07-14 7:20 am
- Ex-Afghan translators for German army fear attacks Updated: Mar-06-14 10:58 am
- European Central Bank holds rates amid recovery Updated: Mar-06-14 10:57 am
- 3 Auschwitz guard suspects released from custody Updated: Mar-06-14 9:44 am
- Stuttgart signs promising youngster Werner to 2018 Updated: Mar-06-14 7:59 am
- Bayern counting down games to Bundesliga title Updated: Mar-06-14 7:33 am
- Clinton again blasts Putin after her Hitler remark Updated: Mar-05-14 8:47 pm
- Lackluster Germany beats Chile 1-0 in WCup warm-up Updated: Mar-05-14 5:33 pm
- German president seeks to visit Nazi massacre site Updated: Mar-05-14 12:39 pm
- Adidas expects World Cup boost but warns on Russia Updated: Mar-05-14 6:23 am
- German home-school family won't be deported Updated: Mar-04-14 7:02 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP soccer poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 4:50 pm
- Stuttgart backs coach despite 8-game losing run Updated: Mar-04-14 1:26 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP football poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 11:51 am
- German court: implants no impediment to police job Updated: Mar-04-14 8:56 am
- US, Europeans try to rally Western front vs Russia Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 pm
- World Cup teams mark 99 days to go with friendlies Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 am
BERLIN - Yulia Tymoshenko, Ukraine's former prime minister, has begun medical treatment at Berlin's Charite hospital, but the doctors caring for her said Saturday it's too soon to say how long the treatment will take and what lasting damage the 53-year-old might have from three slipped discs she suffered while in prison.
BERLIN - Bayern Munich blitzed Wolfsburg with five goals in 17 minutes to come from a goal down and win 6-1 for a new Bundesliga record of 16 consecutive victories on Saturday.
INZELL, Germany - Heather Richardson of the United States did it again on Saturday, claiming her second speedskating World Cup win over 500 meters one day after her first.
KEY LARGO, Florida - The White House says President Barack Obama has told German Chancellor Angela Merkel (AHN'-geh-lah MEHR'-kuhl) he welcomes the unified position of the United States and the European Union on Ukraine.
WASHINGTON - Underlying the talk about taking harsh punitive measures against Russia for its military incursion into Ukraine are economic complications and worries that sanctions levied against Moscow could, in the words of the Kremlin, "boomerang" back on the U.S. and Europe.
LIGIADES, Greece - A visibly emotional German president apologized profoundly Friday for a massacre by German soldiers in a northwestern Greek village during World War II, at the end of a three-day visit that combined political talks with efforts to bring closure to wounds from the wartime German occupation.
BRISBANE, Australia - A German tourist who was missing for more than two weeks in the Australian Outback survived by eating flies after becoming lost and stranded by floodwaters, police said Friday.
BERLIN - German industrial production rose 0.8 percent in January compared with the previous month, boosted by strong growth in the construction sector during the country's unseasonably warm winter.
BERLIN - Authorities say they received a threat that a terrorist attack was planned on a plane carrying Ukraine Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk home after he had addressed European Union leaders in Brussels.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Sometimes the calls come in the middle of the night. Other times it's a text message sent to a mobile phone. But the warnings are always the same, threats of death for having worked with the German military in northern Afghanistan.
FRANKFURT, Germany - The European Central Bank kept its key interest rate on hold Thursday and raised its economic growth forecasts as it acknowledged that the recovery is strengthening in the 18 countries that use the euro.
BERLIN - Three elderly men alleged to have served as SS guards at the Auschwitz death camp have been released from custody, but prosecutors say the investigation against them continues.
STUTTGART, Germany - Promising winger Timo Werner has committed to Stuttgart until 2018 by signing his first professional contract on his 18th birthday.
BERLIN - The Bundesliga is all but decided.
LOS ANGELES - Russian President Vladimir Putin is a tough but thin-skinned leader who is squandering his country's potential, former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Wednesday, a day after she likened his actions on the Crimean peninsula of Ukraine to those of Adolf Hitler in the 1930s.
STUTTGART, Germany - Mario Goetze scored but Germany failed to impress in a 1-0 win over a Chile side that deserved more from the friendly international on Wednesday.
ATHENS, Greece - Germany's president arrived in Athens Wednesday on a three-day visit that will include visiting the site where Nazi troops massacred dozens of people, in an attempt to ease anti-German sentiment stoked by Greece's financial crisis.
BERLIN - German sportswear maker Adidas expects the soccer World Cup will boost sales this year, but warned that volatility in the currencies of markets like Russia and Argentina will dampen results.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - An attorney for a German couple who lost their bid for U.S. asylum in order to home-school their seven children says deportation proceedings against the family have been deferred indefinitely.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global soccer poll.
STUTTGART, Germany - Stuttgart is sticking with its coach for one more game at least despite a dismal run that has seen the side plunge toward Bundesliga relegation.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global football poll.
BERLIN - A German court has ruled that a prospective Berlin police recruit's breast implants cannot legally be used as grounds to keep her off the force.
WASHINGTON - The U.S and major allies strained on Monday to rally a strong Western front to persuade Russia to step back from a military takeover of Ukraine's strategic Crimea region. But several acknowledged there are few options beyond already-threatened economic and diplomatic penalties, and critics said administration efforts were too little, too late after years of pressing for friendlier relations with Moscow.
LONDON - World Cup contenders will hope to find out this week if they are better prepared for the tournament than some of the Brazilian stadiums they will be playing in.