- Westbrook unveils Jordan Brand shoe, cologne, eyeglass frame Updated: Jun-30-15 11:52 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Thunder guard Russell Westbrook's imprint on fashion has expanded to include a signature Jordan Brand shoe, a cologne and an eyeglass frame collaboration with a high-end retailer.
- Lufthansa makes Germanwings compensation offer Updated: Jun-30-15 11:32 am
BERLIN - Lufthansa on Tuesday offered financial compensation to relatives of people killed in the Germanwings crash three months ago - a proposal that a lawyer representing many German families immediately described as inadequate.
- The Latest: Problems reported in payment of Greek pensions Updated: Jun-30-15 9:27 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes on a day a big repayment to the International Monetary Fund is due and the country's bailout program with European creditors ends (all times local):
- German prosecutors charge man with Islamic State membership Updated: Jun-30-15 7:41 am
BERLIN - German prosecutors say they've charged a 22-year-old German-Turkish dual national with murder and membership in a terrorist organization on allegations he fought with the radical Islamic State group in Syria.
- Germany: violent far-right crime up nearly a quarter in 2014 Updated: Jun-30-15 6:49 am
BERLIN - The German government says violent far-right crime increased by nearly a quarter last year, while authorities are concerned about an even faster rise in offenses involving homes for asylum-seekers.
- The next act: what happens now in Greece's drama Updated: Jun-29-15 10:49 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Greece has entered the twilight zone.
- Lufthansa to offer Germanwings crash compensation this week Updated: Jun-29-15 12:58 pm
BERLIN - Lufthansa is preparing to make a compensation offer this week to relatives of those who died in the March 24 Germanwings plane crash in the French Alps.
- Australian goalkeeper Mitch Langerak joins Stuttgart Updated: Jun-29-15 8:53 am
STUTTGART, Germany - Australian goalkeeper Mitch Langerak joined Stuttgart from Bundesliga rival Borussia Dortmund on Monday.
- The Latest: British leader says Greek vote is a vote on euro Updated: Jun-29-15 8:04 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes as it closes its banks and limits money withdrawals (all times local):
- Nuke talks to miss target; Iran foreign minister heads home Updated: Jun-28-15 4:29 pm
VIENNA - A senior U.S. official acknowledged Sunday that Iran nuclear talks will go past their June 30 target date, as Iran's foreign minister prepared to head home for consultations before returning to push for a breakthrough.
- Lloyd once nearly quit; the US team is sure glad she didn't Updated: Jun-28-15 4:17 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd's career is defined by big moments.
- Germany's oldest remaining nuclear plant shuts down Updated: Jun-28-15 9:46 am
BERLIN - Germany's oldest remaining nuclear reactor has been shut down, part of a move initiated four years ago to switch off all its nuclear plants by the end of 2022.
- Report: Ultra-low interest rates could become entrenched Updated: Jun-28-15 6:34 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Near-zero interest rates could become chronic in the world's major economies unless "a firm hand" is used to raise them back to more normal levels.
- Australia looks forward to a bright future Updated: Jun-28-15 2:20 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - What Australia's Alen Stajcic wouldn't give for his team to be like Japan one day.
- Terror on the beach: Tourists recount Tunisia attack horrors Updated: Jun-27-15 6:50 pm
SOUSSE, Tunisia - Tunisia's postcard destination for tourists is reeling from the terror that blighted another day of play at the Mediterranean seaside resort of Sousse. A man armed with a Kalashnikov and grenades gunned down tourists on a private beach, and then moved methodically through the grounds of a luxury hotel - to the swimming pool, reception area and offices.
- German midfielder's status unknown for World Cup semi vs USA Updated: Jun-27-15 3:14 pm
MONTREAL - Germany midfielder Dzsenifer Marozsan has a hyperextended left ankle and the team is not certain if she will play in Tuesday's World Cup semifinal against the United States.
- Merkel faces Greek challenge with strong political capital Updated: Jun-27-15 3:06 am
BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel has emerged undamaged from the global financial crisis, European bailouts, an astonishing U-turn on nuclear power and the crisis over Ukraine.
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals Updated: Jun-27-15 12:56 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Carli Lloyd finally was able to express her creativity on field.
- Germany tops France 5-4 in shootout to reach World Cup semis Updated: Jun-26-15 9:27 pm
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid needed five volunteers for the shootout that could beat France and put the two-time Women's World Cup champions into the semifinals.
- German budget foresees 3.4 percent spending rise next year Updated: Jun-26-15 1:24 pm
BERLIN - The German government plans to increase spending by 3.4 percent next year while borrowing no new money for the third year running - helped by a strong economy that has boosted its tax income.
- Queen meets survivors, liberators of former Nazi camp Updated: Jun-26-15 8:01 am
BERLIN - Queen Elizabeth II concluded her three-day state visit to Germany on Friday with a somber visit to Bergen-Belsen, the first former Nazi concentration camp she has visited.
- German finance chief dismisses Greek proposals Updated: Jun-26-15 7:56 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble is dismissing the most recent Greek proposals for more bailout money.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Jun-26-15 6:29 am
All times are Eastern
- African migrants find uneasy EU shelter after rough journey Updated: Jun-26-15 5:58 am
CREIL, France - Against the odds, Hamed Kouyate has achieved his childhood dream of escaping African poverty and reaching the wealthy heart of Europe. But like many fellow migrants who endured a clandestine odyssey marked by toil and terror, the teenager now questions whether he's just gambled his life on a cruel illusion.
- White House: Putin calls Obama, discuss Ukraine, IS, Iran Updated: Jun-25-15 11:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Russian President Vladimir Putin and President Barack Obama spoke by telephone Thursday and discussed continued tensions in eastern Ukraine and the fight against the Islamic State in the Middle East. The last time the men spoke was in February, the White House said.