- Greece a month away from key bailout target Updated: Dec-12-13 2:27 pm
- Marine's family sues Greek entities for lost heart Updated: Dec-11-13 2:29 pm
- Champions League: Olympiakos beats Anderlecht 3-1 Updated: Dec-10-13 5:50 pm
- John Crisp: Thinking about Iran at the movies Updated: Dec-09-13 12:50 pm
- 5 things to know about Group C of Champions League Updated: Dec-09-13 11:15 am
- PAOK stumbles at home, draws 0-0 with Apollon Updated: Dec-08-13 4:32 pm
- Policeman, 2 armed men dead Updated: Dec-08-13 2:16 am
- Hundreds mark anniversary of fatal police shooting Updated: Dec-06-13 5:51 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Greece: Public sector no longer too large Updated: Dec-06-13 3:17 pm
- Greece: Football boss convicted for match-fixing Updated: Dec-05-13 11:50 am
- Greek police raid homes of Golden Dawn lawmakers Updated: Dec-05-13 8:43 am
- NY jury convicts 3 of drug dispute triple slaying Updated: Dec-04-13 5:37 pm
- How will it end? Portugal seeks bailout closure Updated: Dec-04-13 4:12 pm
- Greek death raises worry of winter impact on poor Updated: Dec-02-13 5:26 am
- USC president's wife publishes 2nd cookbook Updated: Dec-01-13 3:59 pm
- Far right party protests jailing of leaders Updated: Nov-30-13 3:19 pm
- Editorial: A 3,700-year-old wine that goes well... Updated: Nov-27-13 1:49 pm
- Blanc wants players to focus better on defending Updated: Nov-26-13 10:27 am
- Horwitz appeals election case to Ala. high court Updated: Nov-25-13 6:26 pm
- Syrians fleeing war face hardship in Balkans Updated: Nov-24-13 4:41 am
- Samaras says Greece won't seek new loan Updated: Nov-22-13 11:35 am
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- Mitroglou leads Greece to WCup, holds Romania 1-1 Updated: Nov-20-13 2:33 am
- Greece advances to 2nd straight World Cup Updated: Nov-19-13 4:35 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greece is close to reaching a central target of its bailout agreements with international lenders, after beating expectations for its budget performance in the first 11 months of the year, the Finance Ministry said Thursday.
PHILADELPHIA - The parents of a Marine whose body came back from Greece missing his heart amended their federal lawsuit Wednesday to add the Greek government and an Athens hospital as defendants.
PIRAEUS, Greece - Javier Saviola netted two stylish goals as Olympiakos advanced to the last 16 of the Champions League on Tuesday with a pulsating 3-1 win over an Anderlecht side that finished with eight men.
Our nation's potential rapprochement with Iran brings to mind an insight embedded in the 2007 film "300," an unsubtle, comic-book fantasy about the historic clash between East and West.
PARIS - Here are five things to know ahead of Tuesday's Group C matches in the Champions League, with leader Paris Saint-Germain visiting Benfica and Olympiakos hosting bottom-placed Anderlecht:
THESSALONIKI, Greece - PAOK's 0-0 draw against lowly Apollon Sunday dented its hopes of catching Greek league leader Olympiakos.
THESSALONIKI, Greece - Police in the northern Greek city of Thessaloniki say a police sergeant and 2 Albanians have died in an exchange of fire near the country's border with Albania.
ATHENS, Greece - Police clashed with demonstrators in central Athens on Friday as thousands attended rallies to mark the fifth anniversary of a fatal police shooting of a teenager - a killing that triggered major riots in Greek cities for three weeks.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
ATHENS, Greece - Greece no longer has too many public servants and is close to reaching staff reduction targets demanded by bailout lenders two years before the deadline, the government said Friday.
ATHENS, Greece - A court in Greece has convicted a 58-year-old businessman on match-fixing charges, two years after his football club Kavala was expelled from professional leagues.
ATHENS, Greece - Greek police have raided the homes of three lawmakers from the extreme right-wing Golden Dawn party, days before they are to appear in court on charges of participating in a criminal organization.
ROCHESTER, New York - Three men were convicted Wednesday of killing three drug-ring confederates inside a suburban Rochester apartment in 2010, slayings that federal prosecutors said stemmed from a dispute over money.
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal wants to look like Ireland, but it can't disguise its resemblance to Greece.
THESSALONIKI, Greece - Greek authorities say a 13-year-old girl has died after inhaling fumes from a wood-burning stove her mother was using to heat the home after its electricity was disconnected.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The wife of the University of South Carolina's president wants young people to eat better and learn to grow more of their food, so she has written a new cookbook based on a healthy Mediterranean diet with recipes inspired by friends, family and students.
ATHENS, Greece - Around 1,000 supporters of the far-right Golden Dawn party have gathered outside Greece's parliament to protest the jailing of its leader and two other lawmakers.
Conspicuous consumption is a well-documented human irritant, but archeologists excavating the cellar of an ancient Canaanite palace in northern Israel may have succeeded in dating the origin of another annoying human failing - the wine snob.
PARIS - Paris Saint-Germain coach Laurent Blanc has challenged his players to show they can become just as mean in defense as they are prolific in attack.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A former Tuscaloosa school board member who accused University of Alabama students of voter fraud during municipal elections is asking the state Supreme Court to reconsider a lower court's refusal to overturn the results.
HARMANLI, Bulgaria - Idris Hassan, his wife and their three children fled the carnage of the Syrian war, hoping to find peace and safety in western Europe. Instead, they are stuck in an overcrowded Bulgarian refugee camp - living in a freezing tent without enough food or running water.
BERLIN - Greece won't ask for a new loan or seek to change the aid program agreed with international lenders, the country's prime minister said Friday.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Greece sealed its place at next year's World Cup after settling for a 1-1 draw against Romania in the playoffs on Tuesday to advance 4-2 on aggregate and reach its fifth major tournament in a decade.
BUCHAREST, Romania - Greece reached its second straight World Cup and third overall, beating Romania on 4-2 aggregate with a 1-1 draw Tuesday night.