- Religion builds bridges in ethnically split Cyprus Updated: Apr-19-14 6:40 am
- PAOK fan arrested for Greek Cup anchovy stunt Updated: Apr-17-14 1:26 pm
- Greek court jails 2 for life for migrant's murder Updated: Apr-15-14 3:22 pm
- Former Greece soccer captain enters politics Updated: Apr-15-14 10:41 am
- Former Greece captain Zagorakis enters politics Updated: Apr-15-14 9:54 am
- Greek short-term borrowing costs tumble Updated: Apr-15-14 6:25 am
- Migrant-smuggling suspect killed in Greece Updated: Apr-15-14 4:53 am
- Olympiakos ends season with 1-0 win over Apollon Updated: Apr-13-14 4:17 pm
- Rio 2016 Olympic crisis: 5 things to know Updated: Apr-12-14 8:27 am
- Merkel, in Athens, praises Greek reform progress Updated: Apr-11-14 1:55 pm
- Bach: IOC sending troubleshooter to Rio next week Updated: Apr-10-14 8:05 pm
- 12-week Welty arts festival set for Jackson in '15 Updated: Apr-10-14 4:08 pm
- Car bomb explodes outside Bank of Greece Updated: Apr-10-14 6:50 am
- 5 Greece players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:12 am
- Greek football still on map despite crisis Updated: Apr-09-14 5:09 am
- 'Engineer' finds blueprint for Greek success Updated: Apr-09-14 5:09 am
- Colombia favored in Group C of World Cup Updated: Apr-09-14 5:08 am
- Getty Museum returns ancient manuscript to Greece Updated: Apr-07-14 9:22 pm
- Athens mayor candidates split on mosque referendum Updated: Apr-07-14 3:52 pm
- Greek journalist union condemns columnist's arrest Updated: Apr-07-14 12:25 pm
- Report: Iran summons Greek envoy over rights vote Updated: Apr-06-14 1:04 pm
- EU working with Russia, Ukraine to defuse crisis Updated: Apr-05-14 1:52 pm
- Earthquake rattles southern Greece Updated: Apr-04-14 4:54 pm
- Biden and Greek leader discuss economy and Ukraine Updated: Apr-03-14 7:19 pm
- Amnesty International criticizes Greek police Updated: Apr-03-14 3:35 pm
FAMAGUSTA, Cyprus - An unexpected moment during the Good Friday service in a long-abandoned church in Cyprus' breakaway north illustrated how religion is helping to bring together Christian Greek Cypriots and Muslim Turkish Cypriots on this ethnically divided island.
THESSALONIKI, Greece - Police in the northern Greek city of Thessaloniki arrested a PAOK fan accused of dumping a crate of fish on the visiting Olympiakos bench, in a stunt that delayed a tense Greek Cup semifinal for more than an hour.
ATHENS, Greece - An Athens court has convicted two Greek men to life imprisonment for stabbing a Pakistani immigrant worker to death last year, during a spike in racist attacks in the recession-ravaged country.
ATHENS, Greece - The captain who led Greece to the 2004 European Championship title is running for election next month to the European Parliament.
ATHENS, Greece - The captain who led Greece to the 2004 European Championship title is running for election to the European Parliament.
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's borrowing costs in a short-term debt sale have tumbled, days after the country returned to the international bond markets.
ATHENS, Greece - Authorities say a suspected migrant-smuggler has been shot and killed in Greece after attempting to ram a pursuing coast guard vessel.
ATHENS, Greece - Javier Saviola's close-range goal in the 88th minute helped already-crowned champion Olympiakos finish the season on a high note by beating Apollon 1-0 in the last round of the Greek league Sunday.
BELEK, Turkey - Blame it on Rio.
ATHENS, Greece - Greece won praise Friday from German Chancellor Angela Merkel - the lead advocate of eurozone austerity - for its painful economic turnaround and successful return to markets.
BELEK, Turkey - The International Olympic Committee is sending a senior troubleshooter to Brazil next week as part of a series of emergency measures to tackle the delays threatening the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro.
JACKSON, Mississippi - An arts festival in Mississippi's capital city next year will celebrate the late Eudora Welty's legacy as a writer and photographer.
ATHENS, Greece - Suspected domestic terrorists detonated a car bomb outside a Bank of Greece building in the heart of Athens Thursday, causing damage but no injuries in a brazen attack hours before a landmark bond issue by the financially struggling country.
ATHENS, Greece - With few famous players, Greece will rely heavily on a handful of team members who had a decisive role in qualifying for the World Cup.
ATHENS, Greece - To an outsider, little has changed in Greek football in the last decade.
ATHENS, Greece - Known as the "Engineer" in his native Portugal for his university education and careful planning, Fernando Santos has lived up to that reputation in Greece since taking over as coach of the national football team.
ATHENS, Greece - Colombia is the favorite in Group C, there's not much doubt about that. That leaves Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan to play for the group's other spot in the round of 16 at this year's World Cup in Brazil.
LOS ANGELES - The J. Paul Getty Museum will return a 12th century New Testament manuscript to a monastery in Greece after museum officials said they only recently learned it was stolen decades before the museum acquired it in 1983.
ATHENS, Greece - Athens' center-left mayor Giorgos Kamanis says Greece has an "international obligation" to build a mosque in the capital, criticizing a proposal by his main opponent in municipal elections next month to hold a city referendum on the project.
ATHENS, Greece - A Greek journalists' union and the government have condemned the arrest of a journalist over an opinion column about a member of parliament.
TEHRAN, Iran - An Iranian news agency is reporting that the country's foreign ministry has summoned the Greek ambassador in protest of a human rights resolution by European Parliament.
ATHENS, Greece - EU foreign ministers stressed the need Saturday for Russia to defuse tensions with Ukraine following a two-day informal meeting that ended with leaders insisting that all options remain on the table - including further sanctions.
ATHENS, Greece - Seismologists say an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.7 rattled southern Greece and was widely felt in the capital, Athens. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
ATHENS, Greece - The rights group Amnesty International said Thursday it has found a culture of impunity and abuse within the Greek police, which it also criticized for inadequately responding to hate crimes and attacks by far-right groups on migrants and protesters.