- PAOK beats Olympiakos 2-1 Updated: Mar-09-14 5:39 pm
- South Africa: Mandela comrade stays in the game Updated: Mar-08-14 11:48 am
- German president visits massacre site in Greece Updated: Mar-07-14 1:56 pm
- Greek bank shares volatile after stress tests Updated: Mar-07-14 12:17 pm
- Greek doctor convicted over anti-Jew sign Updated: Mar-07-14 11:05 am
- Park returns for 2-0 friendly win over Greece Updated: Mar-05-14 3:10 pm
- German president seeks to visit Nazi massacre site Updated: Mar-05-14 12:39 pm
- Orthodox seminary in Turkey awaiting reopening Updated: Mar-05-14 11:35 am
- Glykos called up for friendly against SKorea Updated: Feb-28-14 12:18 pm
- Spain-El Salvador to play pre-World Cup friendly Updated: Feb-28-14 11:35 am
- Spain-El Salvador to play pre-World Cup exhibition Updated: Feb-28-14 11:20 am
- EU reiterates readiness to sign Ukraine trade deal Updated: Feb-28-14 9:55 am
- Cyprus water plan: peace pipeline or Trojan Horse? Updated: Feb-28-14 7:21 am
- Greece gets 1 bid for former Athens airport site Updated: Feb-27-14 2:03 pm
- Greece coach Santos to step down after WCup Updated: Feb-27-14 5:50 am
- Greek PM lays out potential oil & gas windfall Updated: Feb-26-14 11:23 am
- Uninspired, Man United loses 2-0 to Olympiakos Updated: Feb-25-14 6:12 pm
- Greek prison hospital inmates on hunger strike Updated: Feb-24-14 3:53 pm
- Greek Jewish community seeks return of Nazi ransom Updated: Feb-24-14 3:16 pm
- Greek bus driver fined for banning Africans Updated: Feb-24-14 11:22 am
- Greek olives face squeeze in efficiency drive Updated: Feb-24-14 8:30 am
- EU plans March deployment of CAR peacekeepers Updated: Feb-21-14 7:41 am
- Greek financial crisis tied to worsening health Updated: Feb-20-14 7:09 pm
- NATO head: Afghan security pact after elections Updated: Feb-20-14 5:07 pm
- Greek sections of global NGOs protest 'attacks' Updated: Feb-20-14 10:15 am
ATHENS, Greece - Giorgos Tzavellas scored the winning goal and created the other as PAOK secured a 2-1 victory over defending champion Olympiakos in the Greek league Sunday.
JOHANNESBURG - One of Nelson Mandela's closest confidants is still challenging the powers that be, with plenty of guidance from his ancestors, the ancient Greeks.
LIGIADES, Greece - A visibly emotional German president apologized profoundly Friday for a massacre by German soldiers in a northwestern Greek village during World War II, at the end of a three-day visit that combined political talks with efforts to bring closure to wounds from the wartime German occupation.
LONDON - Greek banks saw their share prices swing sharply Friday after the country's central bank said they need to raise billions of euros to plug holes in their finances.
THESSALONIKI, Greece - A Greek doctor was convicted of breaking anti-racism laws for putting up a "Jews not welcome" sign outside his office and given a 16-month suspended sentence Friday.
PIRAEUS, Greece - Park Chu-young marked his return to South Korea's national team by scoring the opening goal in a 2-0 win over Greece in a World Cup warm-up match on Wednesday.
ATHENS, Greece - Germany's president arrived in Athens Wednesday on a three-day visit that will include visiting the site where Nazi troops massacred dozens of people, in an attempt to ease anti-German sentiment stoked by Greece's financial crisis.
ISTANBUL - Although shut down for more than four decades, one of the Orthodox Church's most pre-eminent seminaries is kept in pristine condition in the hope that it may reopen one day to educate future patriarchs and clergy.
ATHENS, Greece - PAOK goalkeeper Panagiotis Glykos was called up Friday to play for Greece in next week's friendly against South Korea.
NEW YORK - Defending World Cup champion Spain will play a friendly against El Salvador on June 7 in the U.S. before heading to the World Cup in Brazil.
NEW YORK - Defending World Cup champion Spain will play an exhibition game against El Salvador on June 7 at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, before heading to the World Cup in Brazil.
ATHENS, Greece - Top European Union officials said Friday that the 28-nation bloc was still ready to sign a landmark trade agreement with Ukraine, insisting it wouldn't weaken ties between the country and its neighbor Russia.
KIRNI, Cyprus - Mehmet Eligon points to a yellow patch of grass on his sprawling farm to show how this year's meager rains are drying up feed for his goats, sheep and Holstein cows.
ATHENS, Greece - Greece says it has received a single binding bid for the former Athens airport, a prime seaside property and key part of the recession-mired country's limping privatization drive.
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's Football Association says national coach Fernando Santos will step down following the World Cup in Brazil, after a successful four-year term on the job that saw the country rise to 12th place in the the FIFA world rankings.
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's prime minister says the cash-strapped country could earn up to 150 billion euros ($206 billion) in three decades from offshore oil and gas deposits.
PIRAEUS, Greece - Manchester United's troubled season took another turn for the worse on Tuesday as David Moyes' side slumped to a 2-0 first leg defeat to Olympiakos in the last 16 of the Champions League.
ATHENS, Greece - Inmates of Greece's only prison hospital said Monday they were on hunger strike and were refusing medication to protest severely overcrowded conditions they say are leading to the spread of disease.
THESSALONIKI, Greece - Greece's biggest Jewish community said Monday it has taken Germany to Europe's top human rights court, seeking the return of a huge ransom paid to Nazi occupiers more than 70 years ago to free thousands of slave laborers - who were still sent subsequently to German death camps.
THESSALONIKI, Greece - A bus driver who prevented two Africans from boarding his vehicle in Greece's second largest city has been convicted of racism, fined 1,000 euros ($1,400) and given a suspended prison sentence.
SIMIZA, Greece - In the olive groves around Ancient Olympia, sanctuary of the Greek gods, the trees were once considered sacred, and in many ways they still are.
ATHENS, Greece - European Union defense ministers say EU peacekeepers are expected to arrive in the Central African Republic in early March to help stop the sectarian violence that has claimed more than 1,000 lives and forced nearly 1 million people to flee.
LONDON - Researchers say they have found new evidence that Greece's financial crisis is taking a toll on the health of its citizens, including rising rates of HIV, tuberculosis, depression and even infant deaths.
ATHENS, Greece - NATO's secretary general said Thursday he believes Afghan President Hamid Karzai will not sign a long-stalled security pact with the United States allowing American troops to remain in Afghanistan after the end of 2014, leaving the task to whomever emerges as his successor after April elections.
ATHENS, Greece - Three leading non-governmental organizations in Greece are protesting "unprecedented attacks" on NGOs in the country following fraud allegations involving publicly funded local groups.