- Simunic banned for 10 games for pro-Nazi chant Updated: Dec-16-13 2:16 pm
- Maine office to focus on North Atlantic trade Updated: Dec-06-13 2:28 pm
- Gunman killed in rare Iceland police shooting Updated: Dec-02-13 4:56 pm
- From 'shooting victim' to role model Updated: Dec-02-13 10:16 am
- Icelandic church in ND added to National Register Updated: Dec-02-13 9:50 am
- ND parks permit recognizes Icelandic State Park Updated: Nov-23-13 7:05 am
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- Croatia beats Iceland, qualifies for World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:36 am
- Croatia beats Iceland, qualifies for World Cup Updated: Nov-19-13 6:01 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has banned Croatia defender Josip Simunic for 10 games - including the entire World Cup - for leading fans in a pro-Nazi chant after the team qualified for the tournament in Brazil.
PORTLAND, Maine - A new office is being created in Maine that will focus on boosting trade efforts in the North Atlantic, the Maine International Trade Center announced Friday.
LONDON - Police in Iceland said Monday they shot dead a gunman - the first time armed police have killed someone in the nation.
This is about trying to be a role model.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota church that the State Historical Society says is the oldest Icelandic church in the country has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
CAVALIER, North Dakota - The 2014 annual vehicle permit for North Dakota state parks recognizes the 50th anniversary of Icelandic State Park in the northeastern part of the state.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia ended Iceland's bid to become the nation with the smallest population to reach a World Cup, winning 2-0 Tuesday night following a 0-0 tie last week in the first leg of their European playoff.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Ten-man Croatia qualified for the World Cup with a 2-0 win on Tuesday that quashed Iceland's hopes of reaching football's showpiece tournament for the first time.