- World has new top banana as Chiquita, Fyffes merge Updated: Mar-10-14 12:35 pm
- Letter bombs found at N Ireland post offices Updated: Mar-07-14 4:40 pm
- Dublin criminal linked to journalist's murder shot Updated: Mar-01-14 3:59 pm
- Missouri bishop dies in Ireland after cancer fight Updated: Feb-28-14 3:44 am
- UK to open probe on secret deal for IRA fugitives Updated: Feb-27-14 2:56 pm
- Freedom for IRA man linked to 1982 Hyde Park bomb Updated: Feb-25-14 3:25 pm
- Spain gets nice draw for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Feb-23-14 10:51 am
- Padraig Harrington discloses skin cancer treatment Updated: Feb-21-14 8:29 am
- Ethnicity or birthplace: rules of citizenship vary Updated: Feb-20-14 2:45 pm
- Not just St. Patrick: Ireland home to many saints Updated: Feb-18-14 12:09 pm
- Drag queen's speech fuels Irish gay rights debate Updated: Feb-11-14 9:19 am
DUBLIN - Yes, they have more bananas.
LONDON - Northern Ireland authorities say letter bombs have been found at two postal sorting offices, weeks after similar packages were sent to army facilities in England.
DUBLIN - Authorities say Ireland's most notorious crime boss - widely blamed for the murder of an investigative reporter - has been shot in a Dublin ambush, but may have survived because he wore body armor.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Roman Catholic Bishop Raymond James Boland, the retired leader of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, has died after returning to his native Ireland to enter hospice care.
DUBLIN - The British government announced Thursday it will appoint a judge to investigate its long-secret policy of supplying letters to Irish Republican Army fugitives promising them protection from arrest. The issue is dividing Northern Ireland's unity government. Why? The AP explains.
DUBLIN - An Irish Republican Army veteran charged with the IRA killing of four soldiers in London's Hyde Park in 1982 has been freed from custody after a judge ruled that the British government misled the man into thinking he could travel to England without fear of arrest.
NICE, France - Two-time defending European champion Spain faces a seemingly comfortable road to defend its title at Euro 2016 after being drawn Sunday with Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia and Ukraine for the qualifiers.
DUBLIN - Three-time major winner Padraig Harrington has disclosed he has undergone treatment for skin cancer.
Israel is not the only country to struggle with the question of what defines nationality - place of birth, loyalty or ethnicity? Any child born in the United States becomes American at birth, regardless of its parents' origins. But that's by no means the global standard.
DUBLIN - St. Patrick may have banished snakes and brought Christianity to Ireland, but perhaps his greatest feat was one of sheer endurance. After all, there were hundreds of other future saints roaming Ireland at the time, but Patrick is the one who gets the party.
DUBLIN - Ireland's top drag queen, Miss Panti Bliss, has driven a stiletto heel through this nation's long-running debate on gay rights. Panti has riled up conservative Catholics and won global admirers in a social media tour de force that is dominating Irish water-cooler talk.