- Ex-IRA man linked to 2005 slaying shot to death in Belfast Updated: May-05-15 11:47 am
DUBLIN - A former Irish Republican Army commander linked to one of the outlawed group's most notorious killings was shot to death at close range Tuesday morning on a street near his home in Belfast, residents and police said.
- Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' takes satanic turn in 2nd season Updated: May-01-15 12:13 pm
ARDMORE STUDIOS, Ireland - John Logan, the creator, writer and show runner of Showtime's "Penny Dreadful," has a studio full of surprises in store for fans of the Victorian Gothic horror series. But the biggest one of all might be lurking in his own head.
- Head of famous Minnesota theater to depart after 2 decades Updated: Apr-30-15 7:23 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - To see the legacy Joe Dowling is leaving after 20 years as artistic director of one of the nation's premier regional theaters, look no further than the Mississippi River.
- Mylan raises offer for Perrigo to $34.1B, or $232 per share Updated: Apr-29-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - Generic drugmaker Mylan raised its offer for over-the-counter medicines maker Perrigo Wednesday, but the Irish company again rejected Mylan's overture.
- IRA-style bomb damages Londonderry probation office Updated: Apr-28-15 6:01 am
LONDONDERRY, Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland police say a small bomb has detonated outside a probation office on a residential street in Londonderry, injuring nobody, and the city's leaders have accused IRA die-hards of recklessly endangering the lives of families living nearby.
- FDA: Medtronic must stop most sales of Synchromed drug pumps Updated: Apr-27-15 5:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration says Medtronic must stop most sales of its implantable drug pumps after years of uncorrected problems.
- Mylan rejects Teva's $40.1 billion buyout offer Updated: Apr-27-15 11:37 am
NEW YORK - Mylan N.V. rejected Teva Pharmaceuticals' $40.1 billion buyout offer, saying the cash-and-stock proposal undervalues the company.
- Boston Marathon winner who died century ago in WWI honored Updated: Apr-19-15 5:49 am
VLAMERTINGE, Belgium - At the Vlamertinge Military Cemetery in Flanders Fields, the headstone of James Duffy usually stands unnoticed among the solemn rows.
- Driver who killed 3 students in crash released from prison Updated: Apr-14-15 5:13 pm
PULLMAN, Washington - A former Pullman man who was convicted of killing three Washington State University students and injuring four others in an automobile crash was released from prison on Tuesday.
- Albany museum displays artwork by Celtic folk musician Updated: Apr-11-15 7:04 am
ALBANY, New York - An exhibit of paintings by a popular upstate New York-based Celtic folk and bluegrass musician is now on display at the Irish American Heritage Museum in downtown Albany.
- Missouri Gov. Nixon plans trade mission to Ireland, France Updated: Apr-07-15 5:04 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon in June will head a trade mission to France and Ireland.