- Italian leader announces economic reforms Updated: Mar-12-14 4:23 pm
- Cavendish takes Tirreno lead as Omega wins TTT Updated: Mar-12-14 1:44 pm
- Pope's Franciscans kick-start restoration effort Updated: Mar-12-14 1:19 pm
- Report: Jailed Mafia boss reveals killing detail Updated: Mar-12-14 11:49 am
- Atletico beats Milan 4-1 to reach Champs quarters Updated: Mar-11-14 8:00 pm
- Bayern, Atletico Madrid reach Champions League QF Updated: Mar-11-14 6:14 pm
- Italy upholds last US convictions in rendition Updated: Mar-11-14 3:08 pm
- UniCredit in stunning $21B loss, plans turnaround Updated: Mar-11-14 12:26 pm
- Man City ousted from FA Cup, Madrid rolls in Spain Updated: Mar-09-14 7:07 pm
- Juventus beats Fiorentina 1-0 for 14-point lead Updated: Mar-09-14 6:58 pm
- No complacency for Bayern, Barca in Champs League Updated: Mar-09-14 5:15 pm
- Mother arrested in stabbing deaths of 3 children Updated: Mar-09-14 8:40 am
- Obama continues telephone outreach on Ukraine Updated: Mar-08-14 3:08 pm
- 2 on missing Malaysia jet used stolen EU passports Updated: Mar-08-14 2:26 pm
- Miami farmhouse had key role in Fla. dairy history Updated: Mar-08-14 1:14 am
- Local leaders to ask pope to visit Philly in 2015 Updated: Mar-07-14 4:35 pm
- World diplomats seek to stabilize Libya Updated: Mar-06-14 3:17 pm
- Diego Costa fails to quell nerves in Spain debut Updated: Mar-06-14 2:14 am
- Brazil warms up in style; Spain, France win Updated: Mar-06-14 12:26 am
- Pedro scores as Spain beats Italy 1-0 in friendly Updated: Mar-05-14 7:03 pm
- Italian and European swim chief faces fraud claim Updated: Mar-05-14 3:16 pm
- Inter Milan completes signing of Nemanja Vidic Updated: Mar-05-14 7:41 am
- Italy's prime minister in Tunisia for talks Updated: Mar-04-14 4:48 pm
- As Pompeii crumbles, Italy OKs urgent repairs Updated: Mar-04-14 10:59 am
- De Rossi, Juan Jesus banned 3 matches for punches Updated: Mar-03-14 12:08 pm
MILAN - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi on Wednesday offered relief to workers and businesses alike in an ambitious package of economic reforms that he said would lay the groundwork for bigger structural changes to come.
SAN VINCENZO, Italy - British sprinter Mark Cavendish leads the Tirreno-Adriatico after his Omega Pharma-Quick Step team won a time trial to open the weeklong cycling race on Wednesday.
ROME - Pope Francis' namesake, St. Francis of Assisi, founded his order of mendicant friars in the 13th century after receiving a calling from God to "rebuild my church." Some 800 years later, St. Francis' followers are rebuilding his church in the ancient tradition of door-to-door begging that St. Francis championed - but with a very modern twist.
MILAN - An Italian newspaper report says the remote control to detonate the bomb that killed anti-Mafia prosecutor Paolo Borsellino in 1992 was hidden inside the intercom at his mother's Palermo residence.
MADRID - Diego Costa's breakout season continued to be the catalyst to Atletico Madrid's success as it beat AC Milan 4-1 to reach the Champions League quarterfinals on Tuesday for the first time since 1997.
MUNICH - Bastian Schweinsteiger scored in the 55th minute, and defending champion Bayern Munich tied Arsenal 1-1 Tuesday night to reach the Champions League quarterfinals on 3-1 aggregate.
MILAN - Italy's highest court upheld guilty verdicts Tuesday against the final three U.S. defendants in the 2003 extraordinary rendition kidnapping of an Egyptian terror suspect.
MILAN - UniCredit, Italy's largest bank, on Tuesday posted a record 15 billion-euro ($21 billion) loss in the fourth quarter as it cleaned up its balance sheet with write-downs and provisions, part of an attempt to turn the page on its troubled past.
Manchester City suffered an unceremonious exit from the FA Cup on Sunday, three days before it tries to overturn a 2-0 deficit at Barcelona in the Champions League.
MILAN - Juventus took a giant step towards a third straight Serie A title after beating Fiorentina 1-0 on Sunday to extend its lead at the top of the standings to 14 points with second-placed Roma losing 1-0 at Napoli.
LONDON - Protecting 2-0 leads from their last-16 first legs, Barcelona and Bayern Munich are huge favorites to advance in the Champions League this week when they play return matches at home.
MILAN - Authorities in the northern Italian city of Lecco say they have arrested a mother who confessed to stabbing to death her three young daughters.
KEY LARGO, Florida - Vacationing in Florida, President Barack Obama continued his telephone consultations with world leaders on Ukraine, speaking one on one Saturday with the leaders of three European powers and collectively with the heads of the three Baltic states, White House said.
MILAN - Foreign ministry officials in Rome and Vienna confirmed Saturday that names of two nationals listed on the manifest of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight match passports reported stolen in Thailand.
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - The two-story house is quaint, with its blue-paneled garage door and matching awnings. A circular garden sits in the front yard, with a red rose perched against a black wood trellis with blue risers.
PHILADELPHIA - Top officials from Philadelphia will travel to Rome this month to ask Pope Francis to attend a huge Roman Catholic gathering in the city next year, they announced Friday.
ROME - World diplomats worked Thursday to help Libya create a stable government and more secure environment amid the violence and growing political tensions that have festered since Moammar Gadhafi's regime crumbled in 2011.
MADRID - Overcome by nerves before his Spain debut, Diego Costa did little to shake them with his performance in Wednesday's 1-0 victory over Italy.
LONDON - Brazil showed its national team is in better shape than the country's stadiums with a 5-0 thrashing of South Africa on Wednesday, and defending champion Spain overcame Italy 1-0 in its final big test before the tournament kicks off, as teams prepared for the World Cup in a series of friendly matches.
MADRID - Pedro Rodriguez stole the spotlight from debutant Diego Costa by scoring Spain's second-half winner in a 1-0 friendly victory over Italy on Wednesday in a rematch of the 2012 European Championship final.
ROME - The president of the Italian swimming federation, Paolo Barelli, has offered to resign if fraud accusations directed at him are proved true in an escalating feud with the country's Olympic committee.
TUNIS, Tunisia - Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has met with Tunisian leaders to push for closer cooperation on trade and immigration.
ROME - Citing "utmost urgency," Italy has approved work to repair walls in ancient Pompeii that collapsed after heavy rains, and authorized spending 2 million euros ($2.7 million) on routine maintenance.
MILAN - Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi and Inter Milan defender Juan Jesus were each banned for three matches by the Italian league on Monday for punching opponents.