- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage Updated: Nov-25-15 5:46 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus advanced to the knockout stages of the Champions League and moved above Manchester City into top spot in Group D, with a 1-0 win over the Premier League side on Wednesday.
- The Latest: Paris hotel business hit hard by attacks Updated: Nov-25-15 4:15 pm
BRUSSELS - The latest on the attacks in Paris and security alert in Brussels. All times local:
- Ecclestone has 'no doubts' Monza will remain on F1 calendar Updated: Nov-25-15 9:10 am
MILAN - Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone is confident the Italian Grand Prix in Monza can find the needed cash to stay on the calendar.
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail Updated: Nov-25-15 8:39 am
SINGAPORE - A Singaporean man detained for more than two years under suspicion of being the mastermind behind a global soccer match-fixing syndicate was ordered to be released Wednesday by the country's highest court, which ruled he was being held unlawfully.
- Francis begins peace pilgrimage to 3 African countries Updated: Nov-25-15 2:15 am
ROME - Pope Francis has begun a pilgrimage to three African nations.
- VP Biden adds stop in Rome, Italy to European trip Updated: Nov-24-15 2:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden is adding Rome, Italy to his European trip over the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Vatican court rejects journalist's bid to drop leaks charges Updated: Nov-24-15 11:02 am
VATICAN CITY - A Vatican tribunal on Tuesday rejected a journalist's request to dismiss charges against him for publishing confidential documents as a trial opened in the Holy See's latest leaks scandal.
- Hungary scolded for claiming European support for 2024 bid Updated: Nov-24-15 7:29 am
ROME - Europe's Olympic association scolded Hungary on Tuesday for claiming it has secured the backing of 16 European countries for Budapest's bid for the 2024 Games.
- Juventus midfielder Hernanes out for 3 weeks with injury Updated: Nov-23-15 2:43 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus midfielder Hernanes will be sidelined for nearly a month with a thigh injury, ruling him out Wednesday's Champions League match at home against Manchester City.
- Artisans completing replica of Ghiberti's famed bronze doors Updated: Nov-23-15 7:53 am
FLORENCE, Italy - A team of artisans on the outskirts of Florence are casting the final panels of a replica of a Renaissance masterpiece: Lorenzo Ghiberti's famed bronze north doors on the Florence Baptistery. The work is in preparation for the doors' installation in place of the original at the end of January.
- Inter moves clear at top of Serie A on low-key day in Europe Updated: Nov-22-15 6:58 pm
MILAN - Inter Milan moved two points clear at the top of Serie A with a 4-0 win over struggling Frosinone in an otherwise subdued Sunday for Europe's major leagues.
- Inter crushes Frosinone 4-0 to go 2 points clear in Serie A Updated: Nov-22-15 6:05 pm
MILAN - Inter Milan moved two points clear at the top of Serie A with a 4-0 win over struggling Frosinone on Sunday after title rival Fiorentina was held to a 2-2 draw by Empoli.
- Rostelecom Cup Results Updated: Nov-21-15 1:41 pm
MOSCOW - Results Saturday from the Rostelecom Cup stage of the ISU Grand Prix series:
- Vatican indicts 5 in Vatileaks case Updated: Nov-21-15 11:23 am
MILAN - A Vatican judge on Saturday indicted five people, including two journalists and a high-ranking Vatican monsignor, in a scandal involving leaked documents that informed two books alleging financial malfeasance in the Roman Catholic church bureaucracy.
- Pentagon pressing allies for more help against Islamic State Updated: Nov-21-15 5:02 am
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon is pressing European and Arab allies to provide more troops and support for the war against the Islamic State group, hoping that the horror of the Paris attacks - and the fear more are coming - will compel them to get more deeply involved.
- Security tight for Juventus-AC Milan match in Turin Updated: Nov-20-15 1:59 pm
ROME - It's been quite a week for Juventus players Patrice Evra, Paul Pogba and Sami Khedira, who were all on international duty when explosions occurred outside the Stade de France a week ago.
- Armed bandits make off with 17 paintings from Verona museum Updated: Nov-20-15 1:20 pm
ROME - Verona's mayor says armed bandits stole 17 paintings, including works by Tintoretto, Rubens and Mantegna, from the city's art museum.
- Palermo prosecutor: Mafia was considering killing a minister Updated: Nov-20-15 11:05 am
ROME - Palermo's chief prosecutor says a crime clan based in Cosa Nostra's Corleone stronghold discussed assassinating the interior minister because they blame him for exceptionally tough prison conditions.
- Stadiums on red alert as football resumes after Paris terror Updated: Nov-19-15 11:31 am
PARIS - Fear and trepidation, rather than excitement and thrills, may grip fans when Europe's domestic soccer leagues resume this weekend in the wake of deadly terror attacks in Paris.
- Armstrong's former physician indicted in biathlon case Updated: Nov-19-15 8:10 am
BOLZANO, Italy - Lance Armstrong's former physician, Michele Ferrari, has been ordered to stand trial for allegedly providing doping assistance to a biathlete.
- Report: FBI tips Italy to possible targets in Rome, Milan Updated: Nov-18-15 7:37 pm
ROME - The State Department is warning that St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, Milan's cathedral and La Scala opera house, as well as "general venues" like churches, synagogues, restaurants, theaters and hotels have been identified as "potential targets" in those two cities for terrorist attacks.
- Assad: no political process while 'terrorists' in Syria Updated: Nov-18-15 7:31 pm
ROME - Syrian President Bashar Assad has told Italian state television that no political process can begin while "terrorists" occupy his nation.
- A look at key developments in the Paris attacks Updated: Nov-18-15 2:13 pm
PARIS - Police raided an apartment in suburban Paris as they searched for the suspected mastermind of last week's attacks that killed 129 people. Here are some of the key developments Wednesday:
- Pope's security detail nearly doubled; Italy bans drones Updated: Nov-18-15 12:31 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis' personal security detail was nearly doubled during his general audience Wednesday, and carabinieri were out in force as Italy and the Vatican beefed up security around the Holy See following the Paris attacks and before Francis' big Jubilee Year starting Dec. 8.
- Italian court allows Fiat fuel efficiency class action Updated: Nov-18-15 12:18 pm
MILAN - An Italian appellate court is allowing a class-action suit against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles that alleges it misled buyers on the amount of fuel consumed by its Panda city car.