- Malta's premier visits Libya to discuss migration, security Updated: May-04-16 9:55 am
VALLETTA, Malta - Malta's prime minister became the first head of government to visit Libya since the formation of a unity government following a U.N.-brokered agreement, meeting the Libyan prime minister-designate at a naval base near Tripoli's international airport.
- Malta minister loses portfolio over Panama Papers Updated: Apr-28-16 4:25 pm
VALLETTA, Malta - Maltese Minister Konrad Mizzi has been relieved of his duties in energy and health after he acknowledged opening a company in Panama which is held by a trust in New Zealand.
- Italian carrier Alitalia considers Air Malta purchase Updated: Apr-27-16 11:40 am
MILAN - Italian airline Alitalia says it is considering buying a 49 percent stake in Air Malta.
- Pirates release 6 Turks captured off Nigerian coast Updated: Apr-26-16 7:34 am
ANKARA, Turkey - A Turkish maritime company says six crew members of a tanker ship who were captured by pirates off the coast of Nigeria have been released.
- Libyan smuggling route grows 1 year after mass drownings Updated: Apr-17-16 9:05 am
When more than 800 people drowned last year on an overcrowded ship bound for Italy's southernmost isle of Lampedusa, the European Union deployed a round-the-clock flotilla that has saved thousands of lives on what remains one of the world's most perilous journeys.
- Pirates board Turkish vessel, capture 6 crew off Nigeria Updated: Apr-11-16 9:41 am
ANKARA, Turkey - A Turkish maritime company says pirates have boarded a tanker ship off the coast of Nigeria and kidnapped six of its crew members.
- The Latest: New Zealand reviews its foreign trust rules Updated: Apr-10-16 11:46 pm
LONDON - The Latest on the publication by a coalition of media outlets of an investigation into offshore financial dealings by the rich and famous (all times local):