- The Latest: American men get off to poor start at Wimbledon Updated: Jun-30-15 10:50 am
LONDON - The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- Investigators still have no suspects in downing of MH17 Updated: Jun-30-15 9:29 am
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - The Dutch prosecutor leading an international criminal investigation into the downing last year of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over Ukraine's battlefields said Tuesday the probe has not yet identified specific suspects for possible prosecution, but that he is optimistic it will ultimately be a success.
- Rioting breaks out after death of man in police custody Updated: Jun-30-15 3:58 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A demonstration against police has erupted into violence in The Hague, with protesters angry at the death in custody of a man over the weekend smashing windows and throwing rocks and fireworks at officers.
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach Updated: Jun-29-15 5:24 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch football federation terminated the contract of national team coach Guus Hiddink on Monday, ending his second stint in charge after just one disappointing season.
- Penguins focus on forward prospects during NHL draft Updated: Jun-27-15 6:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - Daniel Sprong did his best to avoid the draft projections. Some NHL experts thought the talented winger would go in the top 20. Others weren't sure Sprong would even go in the first round.
- French taxi drivers smash cars in strike against Uber Updated: Jun-25-15 9:45 pm
PARIS - French taxi drivers pulled out the throttle in an all-out confrontation with the ultra-cheap Uber car service Thursday, smashing livery cars, setting tires ablaze and blocking traffic during a nationwide strike that caught tourists and celebrities alike in the mayhem.
- A look at challenges Uber has faced around the world Updated: Jun-25-15 1:51 pm
PARIS - Taxi drivers in France went on strike Thursday, smashing car windows, setting tires on fire and blocking traffic to express their displeasure with American ride-hailing service Uber. Despite an October law forbidding the company's low-cost UberPop service, its drivers continue to provide rides in France.
- Ajax signs defender John Heitinga on free transfer Updated: Jun-25-15 8:57 am
AMSTERDAM - John Heitinga is heading home to add some experience to Ajax's young defense.
- European deal creates US grocery giant Updated: Jun-24-15 6:13 pm
NEW YORK - The owner of Stop & Shop and Giant will tie up with the parent company of Food Lion, creating a $29 billion grocer that will be in a stronger position to compete with Wal-Mart and other discount retailers.
- Landmark Dutch ruling: Cut emissions to protect citizens Updated: Jun-24-15 2:13 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A Dutch court ordered the government Wednesday to slash greenhouse gas emissions to help fight global warming, a landmark ruling in a case brought by hundreds of concerned citizens that could pave the way for similar legal battles around the world.
- Dutch police plan to interrupt Tour de France in Rotterdam Updated: Jun-24-15 7:32 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch police campaigning for better working conditions say they plan to interrupt the Tour de France as it passes through the port city of Rotterdam.
- Japan beats the Netherlands to reach World Cup quarterfinal Updated: Jun-24-15 1:33 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Japan coach Norio Sasaki apologized for the stressful, flurry of a finish.
- Chicago's Navy Pier to debut 196-foot Ferris wheel next year Updated: Jun-23-15 5:32 pm
CHICAGO - Navy Pier plans to debut a bigger and more luxurious 196-foot Ferris wheel when the Chicago tourist attraction celebrates its 100th anniversary next summer.
- Dutch government cuts gas drilling in quake-hit region Updated: Jun-23-15 8:16 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch government is further cutting production of natural gas in the north of the country in an attempt to reduce the number of small earthquakes blamed on the drilling.
- Australia, Malaysia and Netherlands to mark MH17 anniversary Updated: Jun-22-15 1:47 am
CANBERRA, Australia - The Australian, Malaysian and Dutch governments will hold services on July 17 to mark the first anniversary of the shooting down of a Malaysia Airlines plane over Ukraine with the loss of 298 lives, Australia's prime minister said Monday.
- Dutch govt extends military missions in Iraq, Mali by a year Updated: Jun-19-15 10:34 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch government is extending by a year its contribution to the international coalition fighting the Islamic State terror group in Iraq and to a United Nations peacekeeping force in Mali.
- Dutch suspected of posing as paramedics to smuggle drugs Updated: Jun-19-15 8:46 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Four alleged smugglers are accused of using unusual vehicles to carry drugs into Britain - a fleet of ambulances.
- Dutch appeals court acquits neurologist in malpractice case Updated: Jun-18-15 7:49 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A Dutch appeals court on Thursday acquitted a neurologist who had been convicted of knowingly giving inaccurate diagnoses including Alzheimer's and multiple sclerosis to patients, saying prosecutors had not proved he acted deliberately.
- Bus crash in Portugal kills 3 Dutch tourists, injures 31 Updated: Jun-18-15 7:22 am
LISBON, Portugal - A bus carrying Dutch tourists crashed in southern Portugal, killing three tourists and injuring 30 others and the Portuguese bus driver, officials said.
- Former Congo rebel leader's ICC trial to start in July Updated: Jun-16-15 10:14 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The International Criminal Court says the trial of former Congo militia leader Bosco Ntaganda will start in July, weighing charges including murder, rape and using child soldiers.
- Report says UN not equipped to tackle today's challenges Updated: Jun-16-15 9:30 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The United Nations and other international institutions are in urgent need of reform if they are to tackle global challenges ranging from massive violence in fragile states to runaway climate change and global economic shocks, a high-level commission said in a report released Tuesday.
- Canada wins group despite 1-1 draw against Netherlands Updated: Jun-15-15 10:15 pm
MONTREAL - Substitute Kirsten Van De Ven scored in the 87th minute and the Netherlands earned a 1-1 draw with host Canada at the Women's World Cup on Monday.
- Wijnaldum, Narsingh score as Netherlands beats Latvia 2-0 Updated: Jun-12-15 5:08 pm
RIGA, Latvia - PSV Eindhoven teammates Georginio Wijnaldum and Luciano Narsingh scored second-half goals Friday as the Netherlands beat Latvia 2-0 in Riga to move closer to second place in its European Championship qualifying group.
- Depay completes move to Man United on 4-year deal Updated: Jun-12-15 10:45 am
MANCHESTER, England - Netherlands winger Memphis Depay has completed his move to Manchester United by signing a four-year deal, with the option to extend it by a further 12 months.
- Dutch to provide input on flooding in Hampton Roads Updated: Jun-12-15 3:04 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Experts from the Netherlands are in Norfolk to discuss ways to address flooding in Hampton Roads.