- Tom Holland showcased acrobatics to land 'Spider-Man' role Updated: Nov-25-15 3:03 pm
NEW YORK - Tom Holland dug into his musical theater roots, and his acrobatic skills, to land the role of the next Spider-Man.
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked Updated: Nov-25-15 12:34 pm
ENSCHEDE, Netherlands - The president of Dutch soccer club FC Twente has resigned after leaked documents revealed a deal with outside investors for the transfer of players.
- Experts study evidence in criminal probe into MH17 downing Updated: Nov-24-15 11:27 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - International experts are meeting in the Netherlands to examine evidence in the criminal investigation into the downing last year of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine, Dutch prosecutors announced Tuesday.
- United looking to secure Champions League knockout place Updated: Nov-24-15 7:45 am
LONDON - Wayne Rooney and Anthony Martial returned to training for Manchester United on Tuesday, though the team could still be hindered by a lengthy injury list as it bids to secure a place in the last 16 of the Champions League against PSV Eindhoven.
- France enjoys big night at International Emmys, with 3 wins Updated: Nov-23-15 10:19 pm
NEW YORK - France had a big night Monday at the International Emmys with a leading three awards, led by the hit crime thriller "Engrenages" ("Spiral") which won for best drama series. Brazil received two Emmys, with "Doce de Mae" ("Sweet Mother") chosen the best comedy.
- Ailing French singer Charles Aznavour cancels concerts Updated: Nov-23-15 2:22 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Veteran French singer Charles Aznavour has postponed two concerts he was scheduled to give in Amsterdam due to health problems.
- US envoy: Chemical attacks 'becoming routine' in Syria Updated: Nov-23-15 1:42 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The U.S. envoy to the international chemical weapons watchdog warned Monday that the use of such toxic arms is "becoming routine in the Syrian civil war."
- 3 Syrians detained in St. Maarten, 1 stopped in Honduras Updated: Nov-21-15 5:40 pm
PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten - Three Syrians traveling with fake Greek passports are being held in the Dutch Caribbean island of St. Maarten, authorities said, while officials in the Central American nation of Honduras reported detaining a Syrian and two Pakistanis traveling by bus Saturday.
- Ajax beats Cambuur, extends lead atop Dutch Eredivisie Updated: Nov-21-15 5:15 pm
- ABN Amro bank's re-privatization begins in Amsterdam Updated: Nov-20-15 3:19 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The first chunk of nationalized bank ABN Amro has been re-privatized, with around 20 percent of its stock beginning trading on the Amsterdam stock exchange at an initial price of 17.75 euros ($18.97).
- Germany cancel Netherlands match after 'serious bomb threat' Updated: Nov-17-15 6:58 pm
HANNOVER, Germany - The friendly soccer game between Germany and the Netherlands was canceled 90 minutes before kickoff on Tuesday due to the suspected threat of a bomb at the stadium.
- A stunned Europe steps up security following Paris carnage Updated: Nov-15-15 12:27 am
ROME - Soldiers and paramilitary troops toting semi-automatic rifles patrolled outside the Colosseum and inside St. Peter's Square on Saturday, as Italy joined the rest of Europe in beefing up security a day after terrorist attacks killed 127 people in Paris. U.K. officials shut down a terminal of Britain's No. 2 airport for hours after a man was spotted discarding what looked like a firearm.
- Arjen Robben double seals 3-2 win for Netherlands in Wales Updated: Nov-13-15 7:02 pm
CARDIFF, Wales - Arjen Robben scored twice to lead the Netherlands to a 3-2 victory against Wales in a friendly match in Cardiff on Friday.
- Dutch lawmakers face possible prosecution over leaks Updated: Nov-12-15 6:46 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch Parliament is to investigate allegations that one or more senior lawmakers leaked to a newspaper confidential information about intelligence agencies sharing telephone data, the chairwoman of the lower house announced Thursday.
- Midfielder Klaassen out of Netherlands squad with injury Updated: Nov-11-15 10:33 am
AMSTERDAM - Davy Klaassen has pulled out of the Netherlands squad for friendlies against Wales and Germany because of a knee injury.
- Ahold says sales, profit rose in the 3rd quarter Updated: Nov-11-15 4:10 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Royal Ahold NV, the Dutch operator of U.S. supermarket chains Stop & Shop and Giant, says net profit rose 6.2 percent in the third quarter to 189 million ($203 million), helped by improving sales in the United States, its flagship Albert Heijn supermarkets and online.
- 'Tribunal' opens hearings into mass killings in Indonesia Updated: Nov-10-15 7:22 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A "people's tribunal" opened hearings in the Netherlands Tuesday intended to publicize allegations that Indonesian authorities were responsible for killing hundreds of thousands of suspected Communists 50 years ago.
- The Latest: British minister: Jet likely downed by explosive Updated: Nov-09-15 1:47 pm
CAIRO - The latest on the crash of a Russian plane in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula over a week ago that killed all 224 people onboard. (All times local.)
- Fire at chemical complex sends thick smoke over Dutch town Updated: Nov-09-15 10:42 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Students were kept late at school and residents were warned to stay inside and shut their doors and windows Monday in a southern Dutch city as firefighters battled a fierce blaze at a chemical industry complex.
- ABN Amro underlying profit rises as re-privatization nears Updated: Nov-09-15 2:59 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Nationalized Dutch bank ABN AMro, which is preparing for re-privatization, says its underlying net profit rose 13 percent in the third quarter from the same period a year ago to 509 million euros ($547 million).
- 2 British ex-bankers convicted in US in interest rate trial Updated: Nov-05-15 3:13 pm
NEW YORK - Two British ex-bankers were convicted Thursday of conspiring to manipulate the primary benchmark for global short-term interest rates so that their bank and fellow traders could earn higher profits.
- ABN Amro fined for lax money laundering measures in Dubai Updated: Nov-04-15 4:44 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch bank ABN Amro has been fined more than 1 million euros for "serious shortcomings" in procedures to prevent money laundering at its private banking branch in Dubai.
- Van Persie not selected for Netherlands friendlies Updated: Nov-02-15 8:57 am
AMSTERDAM - Netherlands coach Danny Blind did not select striker Robin van Persie in his provisional 23-man squad for two upcoming friendlies, but said Monday that his omission does not mean the end of the international career of the nation's all-time top scorer.
- 'Former Pan Am stewardesses share memories in Savannah Updated: Nov-01-15 9:01 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - It's been called the golden age of flying - the decades between 1950 and 1980 when jet airplanes represented more than just a way to get from one faraway place to another. Mostly reserved for the well-heeled in those early days, international airline flight was glamorous and exciting, the flight itself as much a part of the experience as the destination.
- Palestinians give to ICC details of alleged Israeli crimes Updated: Oct-30-15 4:51 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Palestinian leaders on Friday handed what they called evidence of Israeli crimes committed in the recent outburst of violence to prosecutors at the International Criminal Court.