- South Africans pray for Mandela Updated: Dec-08-13 7:20 am
- Vitesse beats PSV 6-2 to stay atop Eredivisie Updated: Dec-07-13 5:35 pm
- Host Brazil avoids tough group in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 4:55 pm
- Dutch paper sorry for 'tasteless' Mandela article Updated: Dec-06-13 2:27 pm
- Final suspect in Dutch art heist arrested Updated: Dec-06-13 1:50 pm
- All Syrian chemical weapons munitions destroyed Updated: Dec-06-13 12:44 pm
- Dutch Supreme Court: Fortis was mismanaged Updated: Dec-06-13 11:07 am
- Marquis Yachts looking for workers in Pulaski Updated: Dec-06-13 10:32 am
- Shell scraps plans to build $12.5B plant in La. Updated: Dec-05-13 4:27 pm
- Platini: WCup draw helping France was FIFA idea Updated: Dec-04-13 3:31 pm
- Dutch insurer Achmea to cut 4,000 jobs Updated: Dec-04-13 4:38 am
- Australian spies raid home of East Timor lawyer Updated: Dec-04-13 2:01 am
- Nigerian man survives 3 days at bottom of Atlantic Updated: Dec-03-13 6:28 pm
- Egypt's best known satirical poet dies at 84 Updated: Dec-03-13 1:47 pm
- Shell floats hull of enormous rig Updated: Dec-03-13 10:40 am
- UN: Syria crimes evidence 'indicates' Assad role Updated: Dec-02-13 3:54 pm
- Nazi murderer Heinrich Boere dies at 92 Updated: Dec-02-13 9:29 am
- Survivors recall Kindertransport flight from Nazis Updated: Dec-02-13 5:26 am
- Netherlands loses S&P triple-A credit rating Updated: Nov-29-13 1:53 pm
- Watchdog: Google breaching Dutch privacy law Updated: Nov-28-13 3:28 pm
- NY plan reflects demand for natural gas trucks Updated: Nov-28-13 10:41 am
- 2015 Tour starts with short time trial in Utrecht Updated: Nov-28-13 6:29 am
- International court changes trial attendance rule Updated: Nov-27-13 9:50 pm
- 10-man Ajax holds on for 2-1 win over Barcelona Updated: Nov-26-13 5:14 pm
- Court sentences art thieves to 6 years 8 months Updated: Nov-26-13 2:10 pm
JOHANNESBURG - South Africans of all races flocked to houses of worship Sunday for a national day of prayer and reflection to honor Nelson Mandela, unified in their love for a historic figure whose funeral is expected to be one of the biggest in modern times.
AMSTERDAM - Vitesse Arnhem beat PSV 6-2 to stay atop the Eredivisie and pile more pressure on Eindhoven coach Phillip Cocu on Saturday.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazil escaped tough opponents in the group stage of next year's World Cup but will probably face a major rival as early as the second round.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The top-selling Dutch newspaper has apologized for a story on its website that linked the death of anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela with a controversial black-face character in the traditional Dutch celebration of Sinterklaas.
BUCHAREST, Romania - British police have arrested the final suspect in the theft of paintings by Matisse, Picasso and Monet from a Dutch museum.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The international chemical weapons watchdog announced Friday it has verified the destruction of all of Syria's unfilled munitions - another milestone along the road to eradicating President Bashar Assad's chemical weapons program by mid-2014.
AMSTERDAM - The Netherlands' Supreme Court has upheld rulings that the now-defunct Belgian bank Fortis NV was mismanaged from September 2007 to September 2008, and its then-management board can be held accountable.
PULASKI, Wisconsin - A northeastern Wisconsin yacht builder has won a multi-million dollar Dutch contract and plans to hire 150 people.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Royal Dutch Shell has decided to abandon plans to build a massive $12.5 billion plant in Louisiana that would have turned natural gas into liquid fuels like diesel.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Michel Platini has distanced himself from FIFA's choice of World Cup draw procedure, which appeared to give his native France a better chance in next year's tournament in Brazil.
AMSTERDAM - One of the largest insurers in the Netherlands, Achmea NV, says it will cut 4,000 jobs, which represents around 20 percent of its workforce.
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's secret service has raided the Canberra homes of a lawyer and a former spy who intend to allege in an international court in The Hague that Australia bugged the East Timorese Cabinet ahead of sensitive oil and gas revenue-sharing negotiations.
LAGOS, Nigeria - About 100 feet down, on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, divers had already pulled four bodies out of the sunken tugboat. Then a hand appeared on a TV screen monitoring the recovery.
CAIRO - Ahmed Fouad Negm, who died Tuesday at the age of 84, was Egypt's poet of revolution, inspiring protesters from the 1970s through the current wave of uprisings with sharply political verses excoriating the country's leaders in the rich slang of colloquial Arabic.
AMSTERDAM - Royal Dutch Shell PLC says it has completed building the hull of the world's largest floating facility, which has been constructed to process natural gas off the coast of western Australia.
GENEVA - A growing body of evidence collected by U.N. investigators points to the involvement of senior Syrian officials, including President Bashar Assad, in crimes against humanity and war crimes, the U.N.'s top human rights official said Monday.
BERLIN - Heinrich Boere, who murdered Dutch civilians as part of a Nazi Waffen SS hit squad during World War II but avoided justice for six decades, died in a prison hospital while serving a life sentence, German justice officials said Monday. He was 92.
LONDON - The operation was called Kindertransport - Children's Transport - and it was a passage from hell to freedom.
AMSTERDAM - Standard & Poor's stripped the Netherlands of its triple-A credit rating Friday, saying that the country's growth prospects have deteriorated and it is not performing as well as peers.
ALBANY, New York - In the four decades since 40 workers were killed by an explosion in a 108-foot-tall liquefied natural gas tank in Staten Island, New York has banned construction of such facilities.
PARIS - The 2015 Tour de France will begin with a short time trial around the Dutch city of Utrecht.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Member states of the International Criminal Court amended its rules Wednesday to allow defendants to appear via video link and allow suspects who hold high office to miss parts of their trials, decisions likely to affect Kenya's president who is due to go on trial in February.
AMSTERDAM - Ten-man Ajax held on for a shock 2-1 win over Barcelona on Tuesday to keep alive its hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League.
BUCHAREST, Romania - A Romanian court on Tuesday handed down sentences of six years and eight months to the ringleaders of a gang who stole paintings by Matisse, Monet and Picasso from a Dutch museum in a daring nighttime raid.