- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 Updated: Mar-09-14 11:56 pm
- Ajax draws 1-1 agains SC Cambuur Updated: Mar-09-14 1:55 pm
- As US states allow pot sales, Dutch reverse course Updated: Mar-07-14 7:58 am
- Blount dies in federal prison Updated: Mar-06-14 9:31 am
- Neymar hat trick, Ronaldo record in WCup warmups Updated: Mar-06-14 12:29 am
- Benzema stars as France beats Netherlands 2-0 Updated: Mar-05-14 6:02 pm
- Pope defensive on sex abuse as commission lags Updated: Mar-05-14 5:48 pm
- UN envoy leaves Crimea under order from armed men Updated: Mar-05-14 4:17 pm
- Iranian pop icon releases song about gay love Updated: Mar-04-14 10:08 am
- AP Interview: Syria chemicals deadline achievable Updated: Mar-04-14 7:19 am
- Sanctions threat grows as Ukraine tensions rise Updated: Mar-03-14 11:46 am
- Fred Rutten to succeed Ronald Koeman at Feyenoord Updated: Mar-03-14 8:35 am
- Croatia accuses Serbia of genocide at UN court Updated: Mar-03-14 8:31 am
- Hiddink: I'm preparing to be new Netherlands coach Updated: Mar-01-14 8:23 am
- 3 debutants in Netherlands squad for France match Updated: Feb-28-14 8:59 am
- Sven Kramer: I'll compete at next Winter Games Updated: Feb-28-14 6:06 am
- Pro-Russian rally in Crimea decries Kiev 'bandits' Updated: Feb-25-14 7:59 pm
- Speedskating at Sochi: it's all about the Dutch Updated: Feb-23-14 3:38 am
- Dutch go for last 2 golds medals in speedskating Updated: Feb-21-14 6:52 pm
- Hail the Viktor: Ahn wins 2 short track golds Updated: Feb-21-14 5:37 pm
- A different Olympics on TVs across the world Updated: Feb-21-14 5:56 am
- Shell sells Australian assets for $2.6 billion Updated: Feb-20-14 10:14 pm
- Claudia Pechstein leaves Olympics empty handed Updated: Feb-19-14 1:17 pm
- Sablikova wins another gold in women's 5,000 Updated: Feb-19-14 12:39 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Dutch 'royal' orchestra Updated: Feb-19-14 9:39 am
LIMA, Peru - Peru's government says that once Dutch citizen Joran van der Sloot completes his murder conviction in 2038, he will be extradited to the United States to face trial on charges he extorted and defrauded the mother of a young American woman for whose disappearance he is the chief suspect.
AMSTERDAM - Defending Dutch champion Ajax drew 1-1 against Cambuur Sunday, dropping points but still keeping a sizeable lead over its Eredivisie competitors.
MAASTRICHT, Netherlands - A young man at a bus stop hisses at a passer-by: "What you looking for ... marijuana?" It's a scene of street peddling that the Netherlands hoped to stamp out in the 1970s when it launched a policy of tolerating "coffee shops" where people could buy and smoke pot freely.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi man convicted in the death of a Dutch cyclist has died in a federal prison hospital in North Carolina.
Neymar scored his second international hat trick to lead Brazil over South Africa 5-0 Wednesday night and Cristiano Ronaldo had a pair of goals to set Portugal's career scoring record in a 5-1 win over Cameroon as all 32 World Cup teams prepared for the tournament.
PARIS - Karim Benzema kept up his prolific form by scoring a superb goal and helping to create another as France beat the Netherlands 2-0 in a pre-World Cup friendly on Wednesday.
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis is coming under increasing criticism that he simply doesn't get it on sex abuse.
SIMFEROPOL, Ukraine - A special U.N. envoy cut short his mission in Crimea on Wednesday after being threatened by 10 to 15 armed men and ordered to leave the region, where Ukraine and Russia are locked in a tense standoff, U.N. officials said.
AMSTERDAM - Iranian pop star Googoosh has released a video that addresses homosexual love - a major gesture by one of the country's top cultural figures in exile - causing a stir in the Islamic republic, where the topic is taboo and being convicted of homosexuality can carry the death penalty.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch diplomat leading an international mission to dismantle Syria's chemical weapons program said Tuesday the pace of removing chemicals from the civil war-torn country is picking up and an end-of-June deadline for total destruction of the program is still achievable.
LONDON - Fears of a tit-for-tat campaign of economic sanctions between Russia and Western powers over Ukraine ratcheted up Monday, with concerns largely centering on Russia's supplies of natural gas to Europe.
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - Dutch club Feyenoord says Fred Rutten will replace Ronald Koeman as coach next season.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Croatia on Monday accused its Balkan neighbor Serbia of genocide in the early 1990s as the former Yugoslavia shattered in spasms of ethnic violence, in a case at the United Nations' highest court that highlights lingering animosities in the region.
AMSTERDAM - Guus Hiddink says he is pulling together a team to assist him as the next Netherlands coach.
AMSTERDAM - Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal picked an inexperienced squad Friday that includes three debutants for a friendly against France in Paris.
AMSTERDAM - Sochi Games dual gold medallist Sven Kramer says he plans to keep speedskating until the next Winter Olympics in South Korea.
SEVASTOPOL, Ukraine - Dozens of pro-Russian protesters rallied Tuesday in this Crimean Peninsula city, bitterly denouncing politicians in Kiev who are trying to form a new government, with some even calling for secession from Ukraine. A Russian lawmaker stoked their passions by promising that Moscow will protect them.
SOCHI, Russia - In the last speedskating race of the Sochi Olympics, there was really no doubt about which team would win.
SOCHI, Russia - The Dutch have turned the individual speedskating races at the Sochi Olympics into a huge orange victory parade, winning 21 long-track medals. On Saturday, they are hot favorites to add two more golds in the closing team pursuits.
SOCHI, Russia - Viktor Ahn was already a Russian citizen. At the Sochi Olympics, he was embraced as a national hero by his adopted country.
In Sweden, commentators have fun with Norway's misfortunes. The Dutch can't get enough of their speedskaters. Japan is so crazy about figure skating they show warmups. Canada is hockey crazy, Russia struggles to stay positive even when things look down and the U.S. salutes its stars with the national anthem as it's time to go to bed.
SYDNEY - Royal Dutch Shell said Friday it is selling its Australian gasoline stations and refinery to energy trader Vitol Group for 2.9 billion Australian dollars ($2.6 billion).
SOCHI, Russia - In the end, Claudia Pechstein walked away from her sixth Olympics with only a small distinction. No medal, no records, no revenge.
SOCHI, Russia - Martina Sablikova really wanted this gold medal.
SOCHI, Russia - It wouldn't be an Olympic speedskating competition without Kleintje Pils.