- Freund wins World Cup ski jumping event Updated: Mar-09-14 11:32 am
- Neureuther leads German 1-2 finish at WCup slalom Updated: Mar-09-14 10:45 am
- Norway's Bjoergen wins 30K World Cup race Updated: Mar-09-14 8:59 am
- Japan's Takanashi wins ski jump Updated: Mar-08-14 12:35 pm
- Richardsson wins 50K race Updated: Mar-08-14 9:44 am
- Iditarod draws mushers from around the globe Updated: Mar-07-14 5:51 pm
- Bardal wins WCup jump event, Stoch still in lead Updated: Mar-07-14 2:03 pm
- Leaders promote using carbon dioxide in oil output Updated: Mar-06-14 5:34 pm
- Norwegians abroad pose risk of terror attacks Updated: Mar-04-14 12:24 pm
- Norwegian biathlete Bjoerndalen won't retire yet Updated: Mar-04-14 6:25 am
- Jansrud beats Keung to win men's WCup super-G race Updated: Mar-02-14 12:15 pm
- Norway's Bjoergen and Sundby win World Cup races Updated: Mar-02-14 9:02 am
- Canada's Guay wins downhill, Miller 8th in Norway Updated: Mar-01-14 10:01 am
- Ganong gets 1st career podium, now he wants a win Updated: Feb-28-14 10:46 am
- Men's downhill training in Kvitfjell canceled Updated: Feb-27-14 9:48 am
- Sweden beats Norway to win World Cup team event Updated: Feb-25-14 2:57 pm
- Norwegian arms firm charged with corruption Updated: Feb-25-14 10:11 am
- New Czech coach names squad for Norway friendly Updated: Feb-25-14 8:18 am
- Police dismiss Norwegian mass killer's complaints Updated: Feb-24-14 10:11 am
- Bjoergen, Cologna star in cross-country in Sochi Updated: Feb-24-14 1:30 am
- US officials defend team performance in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 10:29 am
- Legkov leads Russian sweep of 50K race at Olympics Updated: Feb-23-14 6:27 am
- Teen Kristoffersen adds to Norway's Olympic lore Updated: Feb-22-14 5:05 pm
- Russia wins men's biathlon relay at Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-22-14 2:43 pm
- No medal for Bjoerndalen in last Olympic race Updated: Feb-22-14 2:02 pm
OSLO, Norway - Severin Freund of Germany took his fourth World Cup title of the season as he won the large hill ski jumping event Sunday in Oslo.
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Felix Neureuther overcame a pre-Olympic car crash to win a World Cup slalom on Sunday, giving himself pole position in the fight for the season's discipline title.
OSLO, Norway - Norway's Marit Bjoergen won the women's 30-kilometer classical race at Holmenkollen on Sunday in dominating style.
OSLO, Norway - Japan teenage ski jumper Sara Takanashi won her 13th World Cup of the season at Holmenkollen on Saturday.
OSLO, Norway - Sweden's Daniel Richardsson showed his strength Saturday when winning the classic 50-kilometer race at Holmenkollen in 2 hours 7 minutes and 29.5 seconds with a strong sprint finish, beating World Cup leader Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway on the final straight.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - If you thought mushing was limited to Americans and Canadians, you'd be wrong.
TRONDHEIM, Norway - Anders Bardal of Norway won Friday's ski jump event ahead of Austria's Andreas Kofler and Noriaki Kasai of Japan but Olympic champion Kamil Stoch of Poland kept his lead in the overall World Cup standings.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Gov, Phil Bryant and others are extolling Mississippi as a national leader in using carbon dioxide to extract more oil from old oil fields.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Norway's intelligence service says the threat of a terrorist attack in the country is growing and that Norwegians involved with al-Qaida-linked groups abroad could pose a threat in other nations.
OSLO, Norway - Buoyed by two gold medals from the Sochi Olympics, Norwegian biathlete Ole Einar Bjoerndalen says he will continue for two more years and not retire this season as planned.
KVITFJELL, Norway - Olympic champion Kjetil Jansrud of Norway overcame tricky racing conditions on his favorite home course to win a World Cup super-G race on Sunday ahead of Switzerland's Patrick Kueng.
LAHTI, Finland - Norway's triple Olympic gold medalist Marit Bjoergen and Olympic bronze medalist Martin Johnsrud Sundby dominated cross-country skiing World Cup races on Sunday.
KVITFJELL, Norway - It feels just like home for Canada's Erik Guay when he races in Norway.
KVITFJELL, Norway - With the World Cup season nearly over, Travis Ganong is just getting started.
RINGEBU, Norway - A men's World Cup downhill training session in Norwegian resort of Kvitfjell has been canceled because of low visibility.
INNSBRUCK, Austria - Maria Pietilae-Holmner remained unbeaten in all three rounds to help Sweden win a World Cup parallel slalom team event on Tuesday.
STOCKHOLM - The Norwegian defense group Kongsberg says it has been charged with corruption relating to its activities in Romania.
PRAGUE - New Czech Republic coach Pavel Vrba has chosen no new players for his first match, a home friendly against Norway next week.
STOCKHOLM - Police in Norway say they have rejected a complaint by convicted mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik about poor prison conditions.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Marit Bjoergen is still in a class of her own in women's cross-country skiing, although perhaps not quite as dominant as she was four years ago.
SOCHI, Russia - The speedskaters flopped, and the hockey team was blanked when it mattered most. If it wasn't for some brand new sports, the medal count would be paltry.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Alexander Legkov made sure the Russian flag finally flew highest at the Sochi cross-country skiing venue - and for these entire Olympic Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Henrik Kristoffersen grew up skiing under the lights in Raelingen, where darkness draws in early and his grandfather keeps a key to the chair lifts.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Russia made its fans wait for a biathlon gold medal until the last race of the Sochi Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Ole Einar Bjoerndalen started and finished his last Olympic race where he's spent much of his unrivaled biathlon career - in first place. Unfortunately for him, his teammate couldn't stay there to give him a perfect send-off.