- Norwegian convicts get new home in Dutch prison Updated: Sep-02-15 10:16 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A group of Norwegian convicts is getting a new home - in the Netherlands.
- Norway X Games to include winter, summer sports for 1st time Updated: Sep-01-15 12:03 pm
OSLO, Norway - The X Games are heading to Oslo next year and, for the first time, will include both winter and summer sports.
- Migrants bike into Norway at remote Arctic border crossing Updated: Aug-31-15 11:07 am
HELSINKI - As Europe grapples with record-breaking numbers of migrants, a trickle of asylum seekers from Syria and the Mediterranean region have found an unlikely route: Through Russia to a remote Arctic border post in Norway, partly on bicycles.
- Norwegian TV to air fictional series about Russian invasion Updated: Aug-29-15 8:08 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - In a move that has annoyed Russia, a Norwegian television channel says it will air a fictional TV drama depicting a Russian invasion of Norway after radical environmentalists seize power and freeze the Scandinavian nation's oil and gas industry.
- Norway accused of unfairly taking away immigrant children Updated: Aug-26-15 3:37 am
STAVANGER, Norway - One August day, Airida Pettersen received the news many immigrant mothers have come to dread: School representatives told the Lithuanian that child welfare officials removed her two children from the classroom and placed them in a foster home.
- Sejersted, former head of Nobel Peace Prize Committee dies Updated: Aug-25-15 6:10 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Francis Sejersted, former chairman of the Nobel Peace Committee that hands out the coveted award in the Norwegian capital, has died. He was 79.
- Norway oil fund excludes 4 Asian companies over palm oil Updated: Aug-17-15 9:22 am
STOCKHOLM - Norway's $870 billion sovereign wealth fund has excluded four Asian companies over environmental concerns linked to their palm oil activities in Indonesia.
- Ronaldo, Ramos to miss Real Madrid friendly with injuries Updated: Aug-08-15 10:24 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos have joined Real Madrid's list of injures players, and neither will travel to Norway for its last preseason match.
- Youth camp resumes 4 years after massacre on Norwegian isle Updated: Aug-05-15 3:08 pm
UTOYA, Norway - Four years ago a right-wing extremist gunned down 69 people, shattering the tranquility on the idyllic Norwegian island of Utoya after killing eight in a bomb blast at government buildings in the center of the capital Oslo.