- FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time Updated: Dec-07-13 11:42 pm
- FIFA switches start time for 7 World Cup games Updated: Dec-07-13 10:30 pm
- Martinez nets 2 to lead Porto to win over Braga Updated: Dec-07-13 6:54 pm
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- Something for everyone to talk about in WCup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:48 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Amazon city is World Cup winner Updated: Dec-06-13 5:24 pm
- Ronaldo relishes Portugal's underdog role at WC Updated: Dec-05-13 8:32 am
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- How will it end? Portugal seeks bailout closure Updated: Dec-04-13 4:12 pm
- Portugal raises $784M from sale of postal service Updated: Dec-03-13 6:47 am
- Portuguese postal workers protest privatization Updated: Nov-29-13 6:08 am
- Portugal moves up to 5th in FIFA rankings Updated: Nov-28-13 5:38 am
- Porto held to 1-1 draw by Austria Vienna Updated: Nov-26-13 5:15 pm
- PSG on the verge of sealing qualification Updated: Nov-26-13 7:32 am
- Portugal's latest austerity budget goes to vote Updated: Nov-26-13 6:22 am
- Treasures: Candlestick likely a reproduction of Mottahedeh... Updated: Nov-25-13 12:20 pm
- 5 things to know in Group G of Champions League Updated: Nov-25-13 11:57 am
- Portugal strikes, legal action bring fiscal risk Updated: Nov-25-13 7:25 am
- Portugal police chief quits after defiant protest Updated: Nov-22-13 8:28 am
- Portuguese police stage rowdy Parliament protest Updated: Nov-21-13 5:05 pm
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- Superb Ronaldo boosts Ballon d'Or hopes over Messi Updated: Nov-20-13 9:41 am
- FIFA extends voting deadline for Ball d'Or Updated: Nov-20-13 6:53 am
- Ronaldo's hat trick sends Portugal to World Cup Updated: Nov-19-13 7:21 pm
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA switched the scheduled kickoff times of seven World Cup matches on Saturday after meeting with broadcasters, having refused earlier requests made by the FIFPro union to protect players' health.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has switched the starting times of seven World Cup matches, including the U.S.-Portugal game on June 22 in the Amazonian jungle city of Manaus.
LISBON, Portugal - Jackson Martinez scored twice in FC Porto's 2-0 win at home over Braga, breaking a three-game winless streak for the defending Portuguese league champions on Saturday.
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
There are scores to settle, family feuds and no shortage of karmic reckoning. For something so random, Friday's World Cup draw delivered a blockbuster mix of intrigue, entertainment and story lines that will keep folks talking from now until the tournament kicks off June 12.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The Amazonian jungle city of Manaus was the big winner at the World Cup draw.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't count his Portugal among the favorites to win the World Cup, and he likes it that way.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal wants to look like Ireland, but it can't disguise its resemblance to Greece.
LISBON, Portugal - The Portuguese government is getting more than 578 million euros ($784 million) from the privatization of a 70 percent stake in national mail company CTT - Correios de Portugal.
LISBON, Portugal - Striking Portuguese postal workers have scuffled with police during a protest against the national mail company's privatization.
ZURICH - Portugal has moved up to fifth in the monthly FIFA rankings after Cristiano Ronaldo's goals helped the country beat Sweden in the World Cup playoffs.
PORTO, Portugal - Jackson Martinez netted a second-half equalizer as Porto salvaged a 1-1 draw against Austria Vienna in a Champions League Group G game on Tuesday.
PARIS - With Paris Saint-Germain needing only one point against visiting Olympiakos, the race is on for second place in Group C of the Champions League.
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal's coalition government is set to use its majority in Parliament to approve its 2014 state budget despite the fierce objections of opposition parties and labor groups.
Dear Helaine and Joe: I own what might be a vintage or early piece of Mottahedeh "Tobacco Leaf" pattern. It is a 10-inch-tall candlestick with a fluted top. The candlestick's column is flanked by two monkeys - one large one on the left and a smaller one on the right. The pattern is almost identical to the current "Tobacco Leaf" pattern made by Mottahedeh with one exception - the bird is standing on a pink leaf rather than a green one. The only markings on the bottom are three digit numbers. Any information about its origins and worth would be appreciated. Thanks so much, G. D.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid has already won Group G, leaving Zenit St. Petersburg to tussle with FC Porto for seocnd.
LISBON, Portugal - The Portuguese government's woes are piling up as it battles to comply with austerity measures demanded by its 78 billion-euro ($105 billion) bailout.
LISBON, Portugal - One of Portugal's most senior policemen has resigned after several thousand off-duty officers protesting against austerity measures broke through a police cordon protecting the country's Parliament.
LISBON, Portugal - Several thousand off-duty Portuguese police offers protesting against austerity measures have broken through a line of riot police protecting the country's Parliament.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo put his enormous talent on display with a hat trick in World Cup qualifying, and the reward may be the Ballon d'Or after a voting deadline extension on Wednesday improved his chances of beating out Lionel Messi for the honor.
ZURICH - Cristiano Ronaldo is now the favorite to win the Ballon d'Or following changes made Wednesday to the voting process.
The irrepressible Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to send Portugal into the 2014 World Cup finals at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden on Tuesday, while France advanced by conjuring a remarkable turnaround against Ukraine.