- Atletico beats Porto to dump it out of Champions Updated: Dec-11-13 5:33 pm
- Czech brewer gets Budweiser trademark in Portugal Updated: Dec-11-13 11:25 am
- Benfica beats PSG 2-1 but exits Champions League Updated: Dec-10-13 5:22 pm
- 5 things to know about Group C of Champions League Updated: Dec-09-13 11:15 am
- Ronaldo, Messi, Ribery up for Ballon d'Or Updated: Dec-09-13 8:54 am
- 5 things to know about the Champions League Updated: Dec-08-13 7:12 pm
- Sporting leads Portuguese league after win Updated: Dec-08-13 3:35 pm
- Ronaldo caught up on beauty sleep during WCup draw Updated: Dec-08-13 8:44 am
- FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time Updated: Dec-07-13 11:42 pm
- FIFA switches start time for 7 World Cup games Updated: Dec-07-13 10:30 pm
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- Something for everyone to talk about in WCup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:48 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- Amazon city is World Cup winner Updated: Dec-06-13 5:24 pm
- Ronaldo relishes Portugal's underdog role at WC Updated: Dec-05-13 8:32 am
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- How will it end? Portugal seeks bailout closure Updated: Dec-04-13 4:12 pm
- Portugal raises $784M from sale of postal service Updated: Dec-03-13 6:47 am
- Portuguese postal workers protest privatization Updated: Nov-29-13 6:08 am
- Portugal moves up to 5th in FIFA rankings Updated: Nov-28-13 5:38 am
- Porto held to 1-1 draw by Austria Vienna Updated: Nov-26-13 5:15 pm
- Portugal's latest austerity budget goes to vote Updated: Nov-26-13 6:22 am
- Treasures: Candlestick likely a reproduction of Mottahedeh... Updated: Nov-25-13 12:20 pm
- 5 things to know in Group G of Champions League Updated: Nov-25-13 11:57 am
- Portugal strikes, legal action bring fiscal risk Updated: Nov-25-13 7:25 am
MADRID - Atletico Madrid denied FC Porto a chance to reach the last 16 of the Champions League with a 2-0 victory to close out Group G on Wednesday.
PRAGUE - The Czech brewery Budvar said Wednesday that a Portuguese trade court has upheld a decision prohibiting its rival, Anheuser-Busch InBev, from selling beer under the Budweiser name in the country.
LISBON, Portugal - Benfica failed to reach the Champions League knockout stage despite coming back to beat Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 on Tuesday.
PARIS - Here are five things to know ahead of Tuesday's Group C matches in the Champions League, with leader Paris Saint-Germain visiting Benfica and Olympiakos hosting bottom-placed Anderlecht:
Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Franck Ribery are in the running for the Ballon d'Or.
LONDON - Half of the last 16 places in the knockout stage of the Champions League are still up for grabs and will be decided this week after the final group games. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain reached the knockout phase in the last round of games, joining defending champion Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona.
LISBON, Portugal - Sporting Lisbon took the lead in the Portuguese league on Sunday after Fredy Montero scored two goals in a 2-0 win at Gil Vicente.
MADRID - While the eyes of the football world were focused on Brazil for the World Cup draw, Cristiano Ronaldo caught up on his beauty sleep.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA switched the scheduled kickoff times of seven World Cup matches on Saturday after meeting with broadcasters, having refused earlier requests made by the FIFPro union to protect players' health.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has switched the starting times of seven World Cup matches, including the U.S.-Portugal game on June 22 in the Amazonian jungle city of Manaus.
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
There are scores to settle, family feuds and no shortage of karmic reckoning. For something so random, Friday's World Cup draw delivered a blockbuster mix of intrigue, entertainment and story lines that will keep folks talking from now until the tournament kicks off June 12.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The Amazonian jungle city of Manaus was the big winner at the World Cup draw.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't count his Portugal among the favorites to win the World Cup, and he likes it that way.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal wants to look like Ireland, but it can't disguise its resemblance to Greece.
LISBON, Portugal - The Portuguese government is getting more than 578 million euros ($784 million) from the privatization of a 70 percent stake in national mail company CTT - Correios de Portugal.
LISBON, Portugal - Striking Portuguese postal workers have scuffled with police during a protest against the national mail company's privatization.
ZURICH - Portugal has moved up to fifth in the monthly FIFA rankings after Cristiano Ronaldo's goals helped the country beat Sweden in the World Cup playoffs.
PORTO, Portugal - Jackson Martinez netted a second-half equalizer as Porto salvaged a 1-1 draw against Austria Vienna in a Champions League Group G game on Tuesday.
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal's coalition government is set to use its majority in Parliament to approve its 2014 state budget despite the fierce objections of opposition parties and labor groups.
Dear Helaine and Joe: I own what might be a vintage or early piece of Mottahedeh "Tobacco Leaf" pattern. It is a 10-inch-tall candlestick with a fluted top. The candlestick's column is flanked by two monkeys - one large one on the left and a smaller one on the right. The pattern is almost identical to the current "Tobacco Leaf" pattern made by Mottahedeh with one exception - the bird is standing on a pink leaf rather than a green one. The only markings on the bottom are three digit numbers. Any information about its origins and worth would be appreciated. Thanks so much, G. D.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid has already won Group G, leaving Zenit St. Petersburg to tussle with FC Porto for seocnd.
LISBON, Portugal - The Portuguese government's woes are piling up as it battles to comply with austerity measures demanded by its 78 billion-euro ($105 billion) bailout.