- PSG moves 3 points clear of Lyon after 2-0 win at Nantes Updated: May-03-15 7:14 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic returned to spearhead Paris Saint-Germain's attack, but it was Edinson Cavani who set the tone with his fourth goal in four games as PSG won 2-0 at Nantes to move three points clear of Lyon in the French title race on Sunday.
- Porto wins 2-0 at Setubal to stay on Benfica's tail Updated: May-03-15 5:35 pm
LISBON, Portugal - FC Porto won 2-0 at Setubal on Sunday to keep alive its chances of catching Benfica with the Portuguese league reaching its finale.
- Amid title joy, Mourinho concerned for dad after surgery Updated: May-03-15 1:09 pm
LONDON - Jose Mourinho's joy over winning the Premier League was tempered by concerns over his father's health.
- Gasquet beats Almagro to reach Estoril Open semifinals Updated: May-01-15 4:24 pm
- 10-day strike by Portuguese airline pilots grounds flights Updated: May-01-15 6:37 am
LISBON, Portugal - Pilots at Portugal's state-owned national airline have begun a 10-day strike, forcing flight cancellations as they press their demand to be given up to a 20 percent stake in the company when it is privatized later this year.
- Portugal investigates visas awarded to non-EU investors Updated: Apr-29-15 8:46 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal's Attorney-General's office says officials are searching government offices and other locations as part of a corruption and money-laundering investigation centered on the granting of residence permits to investors from outside the European Union.
- Madeleine McCann's parents win Portuguese libel case Updated: Apr-28-15 3:08 pm
LISBON, Portugal - The parents of missing British girl Madeleine McCann have won 500,000 euros ($549,000) in a libel action against a former Portuguese detective who published a book alleging they were involved in their daughter's disappearance, according to a Lisbon court ruling published Tuesday.
- Javier Hernandez, Bayern Munich lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-28-15 12:45 pm
LONDON - Bayern Munich returned to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday after securing a place in the semifinals of the Champions League and winning the German Bundesliga for the 25th time.
- Portugal media angered over proposed election coverage rules Updated: Apr-24-15 8:37 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal's leading media companies are in uproar over proposals by political parties that would require journalists to submit their election coverage plans to a central committee for approval.
- Study: Self-driving 'taxibots' could replace 9 in 10 cars Updated: Apr-23-15 10:58 am
BERLIN - Transportation experts say car-congested cities could become a thing of the past, provided people are prepared to ride-share with a robot driver.
- Correction: Europe-Tourism Boost story Updated: Apr-16-15 6:41 pm
LISBON, Portugal - In a story April 15 about effect of the weakening euro on tourism in Europe, The Associated Press reported erroneously that 10 million Americans visited Paris last year, and that officials hoped the figure would rise 10 percent to 11 million this year. The correct figure was 2 million U.S. visitors last year, not 10 million, and officials hope that figure will rise 10 percent to 2.2 million, not 11 million.
- Labor unrest disrupts transport services in Portugal Updated: Apr-16-15 5:52 am
LISBON, Portugal - Pilots at Portugal's national airline have announced a 10-day walkout next month amid a spate of strikes by labor groups resisting government efforts to reform the transport sector and cut state company debts.
- Quaresma gets 2 as Porto beats Bayern 3-1 in Champs League Updated: Apr-15-15 5:45 pm
- Portugal out of running for 2022 Ryder Cup; 4 countries left Updated: Apr-15-15 12:18 pm
VIRGINIA WATER, England - Portugal has dropped out of the race to host the 2022 Ryder Cup, leaving four countries in the running for the event.
- European vacation as much as 25 percent cheaper due to euro Updated: Apr-15-15 10:05 am
LISBON, Portugal - Vacations in Europe have a new attraction: the euro's steep drop in value is making the continent much cheaper for tourists from across the world, especially the United States and China.
- Iberian holy days: Celebrations both saintly and wild Updated: Apr-14-15 10:29 am
PORTO, Portugal - Smoke hung heavily over this hilly city, broken by flickering flames, when I mustered my courage, plunged into the crowd and brought down my bright-green hammer on a stranger's head.