- Benfica wins 2-0 at Arouca to close in on title Updated: Apr-13-14 5:49 pm
- 5 Portugal players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:49 am
- Bento's feisty, no-nonsense manner guides Portugal Updated: Apr-11-14 5:48 am
- Is The Ronaldo Factor enough for Portugal? Updated: Apr-11-14 5:47 am
- Germany to see some familiar faces at World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:44 am
- Valencia fights back from 3-0 down to win 5-3 Updated: Apr-10-14 10:02 pm
- Valencia fights back from 3-0 down to win 5-3 Updated: Apr-10-14 6:59 pm
- Queiroz aiming to take Iran to the next level Updated: Apr-10-14 6:06 am
- Top 4 for Portugal, Colombia in FIFA rankings Updated: Apr-10-14 6:00 am
- Coach Bento extends contract with Portugal Updated: Apr-09-14 10:00 am
- Juventus, Basel, Porto, Benfica eye Europa semis Updated: Apr-09-14 1:47 am
- International swan song for Louis van Gaal Updated: Apr-08-14 5:18 am
- Cue samba: Brazil's World Cup bound to be special Updated: Apr-08-14 4:26 am
- Portugal's budget deficit falls, remains on target Updated: Mar-31-14 7:13 am
- Portugal to train at home of NFL's New York Jets Updated: Mar-26-14 2:12 pm
- Reed receives commendation from Portugal Updated: Mar-19-14 3:48 pm
- UK police seeking sex attacker in McCann case Updated: Mar-19-14 1:02 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Benfica won 2-0 at Arouca on Sunday to close to within two points of its first Portuguese league title since 2010.
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal has long been admired for producing talented players, and their flair has earned them the tag of "the Brazilians of Europe."
LISBON, Portugal - When Paulo Bento was hired to salvage Portugal's calamitous qualifying campaign for the 2012 European Championship, he had only four years of experience as a top-flight coach and had quit Sporting Lisbon after failing to win a league match in two months.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany will have two of its former coaches trying to prevent it from winning Group G at the World Cup.
Valencia fought back from a three-goal, first-leg deficit Thursday to beat Basel 5-0 and qualify for the Europa League semifinal, while competition favorite Juventus advanced after a tense 2-1 win at home to Lyon.
Valencia fought back from a three-goal first-leg deficit Thursday to beat Basel 5-0 and qualify for the Europa League semifinal, while competition favorite Juventus advanced after a tense 2-1 win at home to Lyon.
Iran coach Carlos Queiroz already has plenty of World Cup experience, and the country's national football team will be hoping to make the most of it in Brazil.
ZURICH - Portugal rises to No. 3 in the latest FIFA rankings and fourth-ranked Colombia now leads the South American nations.
LISBON, Portugal - Paulo Bento has signed a contract extension that will see him remain in charge of the Portuguese national football team for an additional two years.
MADRID - The Iberian peninsula's grip on the Europa League will loosen if Juventus and Basel can make good on first-leg victories and reach the semifinals of Europe's second-tier tournament.
AMSTERDAM - Louis van Gaal has had enough of being Netherlands coach.
Like sunshine and happiness or Lennon and McCartney, football and Brazil go together, each making the other better. So the first World Cup in Brazil in 64 years is bound to be special.
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal's statistics agency says the country's budget deficit fell to 4.9 percent of GDP last year - significantly lower than the 5.5 percent target set by its bailout creditors.
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal will train for the World Cup at a different type of football facility.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - U.S. Sen. Jack Reed has been honored for his efforts to strengthen American ties with Portugal with one of the highest honors given by the Portuguese president.
LONDON - British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann said Wednesday they are seeking an intruder who sexually assaulted five girls in the region of southern Portugal where the British toddler was last seen.