- Bale gives Madrid late win at Sociedad in Spanish league Updated: Apr-30-16 12:51 pm
MADRID - Gareth Bale made up for the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema, scoring late in Real Madrid's 1-0 win at Real Sociedad on Saturday to keep alive his team's hopes of winning the Spanish League.
- Gibraltar pushes for airport to be under EU aviation laws Updated: Apr-30-16 12:46 pm
GIBRALTAR - Gibraltar's authorities have joined air-travel industry leaders in calling for the small British territory on Spain's southwestern tip to be included in the European Union's laws governing European aviation.
- Sweden celebrates king's 70th with ABBA's 'Dancing Queen' Updated: Apr-30-16 10:50 am
STOCKHOLM - Royals from around the world flew in, loyal Swedes lined the streets of Stockholm and the sounds of ABBA's "Dancing Queen" rang out from an army band on Saturday as Sweden celebrated King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70th birthday.
- Sporting beats Eibar 2-0 to boost hopes of avoiding the drop Updated: Apr-29-16 5:05 pm
GIJON, Spain - Jonathan Rodriguez scored one goal and set up another to help Sporting Gijon beat Eibar 2-0 on Friday, provisionally lifting it out of the Spanish league's relegation zone with the season reaching its close.
- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester Updated: Apr-29-16 1:31 pm
LONDON - The Premier League trophy arrived in Leicester on Friday for a promotional tour. It will surely be back next month with Leicester City etched into the solid silver for the first time.
- Ronaldo and Benzema to miss match hoping to be fit for City Updated: Apr-29-16 1:08 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid forwards Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema will miss Saturday's league match as they try to recover from injuries in time to face Manchester City in the return leg of their Champions League semifinal.
- Sevilla's Krohn-Dehli out 7 months after knee surgery Updated: Apr-29-16 11:53 am
SEVILLE, Spain - Sevilla says midfielder Michael Krohn-Dehli will be sidelined for at least seven months after undergoing surgery on a broken left knee.
- Park workers in Spain discover huge Roman coin trove Updated: Apr-29-16 10:11 am
MADRID - Workers laying pipes in a southern Spanish park have unearthed a 600-kilogram (1,300-pound) trove of Roman coins in what culture officials say is a unique historic discovery.
- Spain predicts 2.5 percent annual growth for next 4 years Updated: Apr-29-16 8:20 am
MADRID - The Spanish economy will grow at an average annual rate of 2.5 percent over the next four years- one of the strongest in the European Union - and will create some 2 million jobs, the country's caretaker government predicted Friday.
- Serena Williams to miss Madrid Open because of illness Updated: Apr-29-16 6:18 am
MADRID - Serena Williams will miss the Madrid Open because of illness.
- Liverpool suffers late loss to Villarreal in Europa League Updated: Apr-28-16 5:58 pm
MADRID - Liverpool conceded in injury time in losing to Villarreal 1-0 in the first leg of the Europa League semifinals on Thursday.
- Real Madrid says Benzema has hamstring injury Updated: Apr-28-16 10:45 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says Karim Benzema has a hamstring injury in his right leg and is doubtful for Wednesday's Champions League game against Manchester City.
- Spanish paternity suit involves bullfighting legend Benitez Updated: Apr-28-16 9:09 am
MADRID - A Spanish court held a hearing Thursday into a decades-old paternity dispute over whether two of Spain*s most well-known bullfighters - men who share the same show name "El Cordobes" - are really father and son. Among the evidence, a DNA test that came back 99.9 percent positive.
- Sticking to its plan, Atletico Madrid keeps surprising Updated: Apr-28-16 7:14 am
MADRID - It's getting harder and harder to bet against Atletico Madrid.
- Spain's jobless edges up in Q1 ahead of new elections Updated: Apr-28-16 3:25 am
MADRID - Spain's unemployment rate edged up to 21 percent in the first quarter from 20.9 percent the previous quarter - negative economic news as the country looks headed toward its second general election in six months.
- Bayern loses 1-0 to Atletico in Champions League semifinal Updated: Apr-27-16 6:19 pm
MADRID - An early goal by youngster Saul Niguez gave Atletico Madrid a gritty 1-0 victory over Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- Nadal to be Spain's flag-bearer at Rio Games Updated: Apr-27-16 1:26 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal is getting a second chance to be Spain's Olympic flag-bearer.
- Atletico Madrid coach Simeone banned for 3 matches Updated: Apr-27-16 10:49 am
MADRID - Diego Simeone will not be able to coach Atletico Madrid for the remaining three matches of the Spanish league season as his team fights with Barcelona for the title.
- Man dies after being gored by buffalo in Spanish safari park Updated: Apr-27-16 10:21 am
MADRID - Spanish police say a man has died after being repeatedly gored by a buffalo in a safari park in eastern Spain.
- Without Ronaldo, Madrid holds City 0-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-26-16 6:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid failed to turn late domination into a goal without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo as Manchester City held on for a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
- Spain heads to new election after talks fail to form govt Updated: Apr-26-16 3:59 pm
MADRID - Spain's King Felipe VI decided Tuesday that none of the country's political parties has enough support to form a government, setting the stage for an unprecedented repeat election in June, six months after voters ended the nation's traditional two-party system.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Group: Western Sahara war is possible if no vote date set Updated: Apr-26-16 12:08 pm
MADRID - A top member of a group seeking independence for Western Sahara warned Tuesday that war is possible over the disputed territory annexed by Morocco if the U.N. Security Council fails to set a timetable for a vote on self-determination.
- Je suis une moto: Traveling Europe on a rented motorcycle Updated: Apr-26-16 10:31 am
MONTEPULCIANO, Italy - Gingerly balancing on the foot pegs of the big Ducati motorcycle, I turned the machine down a dirt-path hill between olive trees and grape vines.
- Gay couple wins custody battle against Thai surrogate mother Updated: Apr-26-16 6:19 am
BANGKOK - A same-sex American-Spanish couple won a high-profile custody battle Tuesday against a surrogate mother in Thailand who gave birth to their child but then decided she wanted to keep the baby when she found out they were gay.