- Finalists named in Bloomberg European city contest Updated: Apr-23-14 6:01 am
- FIFA suspends Barcelona transfer ban during appeal Updated: Apr-23-14 6:00 am
- Juventus seeks 1st European title since scandal Updated: Apr-23-14 1:25 am
- Chelsea loses Cech, Terry to long-term injuries Updated: Apr-22-14 7:08 pm
- Defensive Chelsea holds Atletico in scoreless draw Updated: Apr-22-14 6:47 pm
- Champions League: Chelsea, Atletico in 0-0 draw Updated: Apr-22-14 5:48 pm
- Nadal to face fellow Spaniard at Barcelona Open Updated: Apr-22-14 3:02 pm
- David Moyes out as Manchester United manager Updated: Apr-22-14 1:36 pm
- Djokovic: Wrist better, will try to play in Madrid Updated: Apr-22-14 12:38 pm
- Guardiola: I'm not interested in Man U job Updated: Apr-22-14 10:50 am
- Spain town with 'Kill Jews' in name mulls change Updated: Apr-22-14 9:52 am
- 5 potential replacements for Moyes at Man United Updated: Apr-22-14 6:17 am
- Malaga beats Villarreal, moves mid-table in Spain Updated: Apr-21-14 6:29 pm
- Olympiakos beats Real Madrid 78-76, avoids sweep Updated: Apr-21-14 5:12 pm
- 'Happy One' Mourinho looks like 'Miserable One' Updated: Apr-21-14 4:11 pm
- Nadal looks to put Monte Carlo behind him Updated: Apr-21-14 8:32 am
- Destro and Immobile could light up World Cup stage Updated: Apr-21-14 6:44 am
- Liverpool closes in on Premier League title Updated: Apr-20-14 6:56 pm
- Guardiola, Mourinho back in Madrid for CL semis Updated: Apr-20-14 6:54 pm
- Radwanska leads Poland to 3-2 Fed Cup win vs Spain Updated: Apr-20-14 1:44 pm
- Dealer wanted in US for art fraud nabbed in Spain Updated: Apr-20-14 9:34 am
- Barcelona defends Messi, offers better contract Updated: Apr-19-14 5:11 pm
- Barcelona loses Puyol to injury for Bilbao game Updated: Apr-19-14 6:56 am
- Ronaldo returns to practice before Bayern match Updated: Apr-18-14 2:51 pm
- Barca's Neymar & Alba out for month with injuries Updated: Apr-17-14 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - Amsterdam wants to create an online game to get unemployed young people engaged in finding jobs across Europe. Schaerbeek, Belgium, envisions using geothermal mapping to give households personalized rundowns of steps to save energy. Gdansk, Poland, is proposing to require officials to debate ideas from citizens.
ZURICH - Barcelona has been cleared to sign new players this offseason after FIFA froze the club's one-year transfer embargo while the sanction is appealed.
ROME - When Juventus visits Benfica in the first leg of the Europa League semifinals Thursday, it will mark the first appearance for the once dominant Turin club in the final four of a European competition since finishing runner-up in the 2003 Champions League.
MADRID - Chelsea will be without goalkeeper Petr Cech and captain John Terry for the rest of the Premier League season, prompting manager Jose Mourinho to make the Champions League his team's priority.
MADRID - Chelsea's defensive game plan worked perfectly as it held Atletico Madrid to a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
MADRID - Chelsea capitalized on its defensive strategy, playing to a 0-0 draw with Atletico Madrid on Tuesday in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal.
BARCELONA, Spain - Top-ranked Rafael Nadal will look to get his clay court season back on track against Albert Ramos at the Barcelona Open after his fellow Spaniard won on Tuesday in the first round.
MANCHESTER, England - It's some feat to turn one of the world's most storied and valuable sports brands into a mere also-ran in the space of 10 months.
Saying his right wrist is not as badly hurt as he feared, Novak Djokovic plans to be back on the tennis tour in two weeks - and at the French Open later next month.
MADRID - The tiny Spanish village of Castrillo Matajudios, whose second name means "Kill Jews," will hold a referendum next month to decide if it should change the name that offends outsiders and embarrasses some residents, its mayor said Tuesday.
MANCHESTER, England - A look at five potential full-time replacements for David Moyes as Manchester United manager after his firing on Tuesday:
MALAGA, Spain - Malaga eased to a dominant 2-0 win at home over Villarreal on Monday to take a big step toward ensuring both its place in Spain's topflight next season and coach Bernd Schuster's job.
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's two Euroleague representatives, winners of the past three competitions, staved off elimination by winning closely contested home games on Monday.
MADRID - Whether Jose Mourinho is in England or in Spain, "The Happy One" is looking a lot more like "The Miserable One" these days.
BARCELONA, Spain - Top-ranked Rafael Nadal gets an immediate chance to shake off his surprisingly early exit at the Monte Carlo Masters by going for his ninth Barcelona Open title this week.
MILAN - Given the statistics, two players should have a chance to make their international breakthrough by lighting up Italy's attack at this summer's World Cup.
LONDON - Liverpool secured a return to the Champions League on Sunday - but there's a much bigger prize just around the corner.
BARCELONA, Spain - Agnieszka Radwanska won her second singles match before teaming up with Alicja Rosolska to claim the decisive doubles and give Poland a 3-2 win over Spain in their Fed Cup World Group playoff on Sunday.
MADRID - A Spanish businessman suspected of having dealt in millions of dollars of fake art has been arrested during Easter festivities in southern Spain, officials said Sunday.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's president and manager defended Lionel Messi on Saturday from criticism for his erratic play during the team's recent collapse, and made sure to stamp out any talk of the club's all-time leading scorer leaving Camp Nou.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's injury woes continue to mount as Carles Puyol has been ruled out of the match against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.