- Nobel winner: scientists get it wrong most of time Updated: Dec-06-13 1:45 pm
- Thousands in UK face another day of flooding Updated: Dec-06-13 11:59 am
- Sidney Crosby reflects on 500 games, 700 points of... Updated: Dec-05-13 1:51 pm
- Report: Sweden's spying on Russia key to US Updated: Dec-05-13 11:43 am
- Hamren renews Sweden contract through Euro 2016 Updated: Dec-05-13 11:02 am
- Volvo to test self-driving cars Updated: Dec-02-13 1:22 pm
- Saab is back: First cars produced under new owners Updated: Dec-02-13 11:11 am
- Sweden wins women's title at Europeans Updated: Nov-30-13 2:55 pm
- TeliaSonera sacks 4 executives after ethics probe Updated: Nov-29-13 6:13 am
- 2 Swedish journalists abducted in Syria Updated: Nov-25-13 4:01 pm
- IKEA spikes story on lesbian couple in Russian mag Updated: Nov-20-13 1:44 pm
- Newport hosting global summit for Volvo Ocean Race Updated: Nov-19-13 12:37 pm
- 6 cities in running for 2022 Winter Olympics Updated: Nov-15-13 5:11 am
- Film directors protest at Iran's embassy in Sweden Updated: Nov-12-13 9:17 am
- Stockholm submits bid to host 2022 Winter Olympics Updated: Nov-11-13 10:58 am
- Smartphones seen tripling to 5.6 billion by 2019 Updated: Nov-11-13 9:56 am
- Ibrahimovic gets his own postal stamp in Sweden Updated: Nov-11-13 8:45 am
- Canada wins Four Nations Cup, beating Finland 6-3 Updated: Nov-09-13 11:02 pm
- Webb to referee 2nd leg of Sweden-Portugal playoff Updated: Nov-09-13 11:35 am
- Italian referee Rizzoli picked for Portugal-Sweden Updated: Nov-07-13 11:04 am
- That 'beauty-sleep' thing is no myth Updated: Nov-06-13 4:55 pm
- Swedish cinemas launch feminist movie rating Updated: Nov-06-13 5:44 am
- US gets 4 goals in 1st to cruise past Sweden 10-0 Updated: Nov-05-13 9:47 pm
- Swedish far-right leader gets cake thrown in face Updated: Nov-05-13 1:44 pm
STOCKHOLM - One of this year's Nobel Prize laureates says learning how to handle failure is key to becoming a successful scientist.
LONDON - Hundreds of people in Britain mopped up flooded homes on Friday after a powerful storm that scoured northern Europe with hurricane-force gusts kicked up the biggest tidal surge in 60 years, swamping stretches of shoreline.
Pittsburgh Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby recently became the sixth-fastest NHL player - and fastest active player - to reach 700 points. That would seem to make this an opportune time to catch up with the man considered to be the face of the league. Crosby, 26, recently sat down to discuss a wide range of topics.
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's public broadcaster says it has obtained secret documents leaked by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden suggesting a Swedish spy agency has been a key supplier of intelligence on Russian leaders to the NSA.
STOCKHOLM - Erik Hamren will stay on as Sweden coach despite the team's failure to qualify for next year's World Cup.
STOCKHOLM - Swedish-based Volvo Car Group has joined the race to develop self-driving cars, saying it plans to build 100 such vehicles in a pilot project.
STOCKHOLM - Two and a half years after Saab shut down production due to financial trouble, the Swedish car rolled a new sedan off its assembly lines in Trollhattan, in south-west Sweden, on Monday.
STAVANGER, Norway - Sweden warmed up for the Winter Olympics in Sochi in February by beating Scotland 10-5 to win the women's title at the European Curling Championship on Saturday, and Switzerland defeated host nation Norway to capture gold in the men's tournament.
STOCKHOLM - TeliaSonera says it has fired its chief financial officer and three other executives for their role in questionable deals in Central Asia.
STOCKHOLM - Two Swedish journalists were abducted in Syria as they were trying to leave the country, Sweden's Foreign Ministry said Monday.
HELSINKI - Swedish furniture retailer IKEA says it has spiked an article about a lesbian couple in the Russian edition of its customer magazine because that would have contravened that county's law on gay propaganda.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Sailing officials from six continents gathered in Newport this week to plan for next year's Volvo Ocean Race, a nine-month, 10-port circumnavigation that features Rhode Island's city-by-the-sea as its only North American stop.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Six candidates from Europe and Asia - including two former Summer Olympic host cities - are in the running to host the 2022 Winter Games.
STOCKHOLM - A group of international film directors are protesting outside Iran's embassy in Stockholm against that government's censorship of Iranian film maker Mohammad Rasoulof.
STOCKHOLM - Stockholm entered the race for the 2022 Winter Olympics on Monday, submitting a bid that includes plans to host Alpine skiing events more than 600 kilometers (400 miles away) in the northern Swedish ski resort of Are.
STOCKHOLM - The number of smartphones is forecast to triple to 5.6 billion globally by 2019, accounting for more than 60 percent of cellphones.
STOCKHOLM - Zlatan Ibrahimovic has long been considered sports royalty in Sweden. Like the country's real king, he's now even getting his own postal stamp.
LAKE PLACID, New York - Jenelle Kohanchuk scored twice and Vicki Bendus had the tiebreaking goal and added two assists to help Canada win the Four Nations Cup women's hockey tournament for the 13th time, 6-3 over Finland on Saturday night.
ZURICH - World Cup final referee Howard Webb will handle the decisive playoff match between Sweden and Portugal.
ZURICH - Italian referee Nicola Rizzoli will referee the first leg of the World Cup playoff between Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal and Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden.
People often joke about needing their "beauty sleep," but researchers in Sweden have provided scientific evidence that we really do.
STOCKHOLM - You expect movie ratings to tell you whether a film contains nudity, sex, profanity or violence. Now movie theaters in equality-minded Sweden are introducing a new rating to highlight gender bias, or rather the absence of it.
LAKE PLACID, New York - The United States scored four goals in a 3:55 span of the first period and cruised to a 10-0 victory over Sweden in the Four Nations Cup women's hockey tournament Tuesday night.
STOCKHOLM - A protester threw a cake in the face of a far-right Swedish politician during a book-signing event in Stockholm.